Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 10:01 AM   #16  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Okay let's try this again. Good morning. We are expecting MORE snow today. I have a quick question: my husband just tried to fix the chocolate pancake and it turned into mush. Where did he go wrong. He is a little cranky (little ha) and this am and the pancake fiasco threw him over the edge. Thank God for the 10 hour workday. WI # 3 tomorrow if the weather cooperates. Have a great day. We can make it one day!!!
When I make the crepes I have to make sure that one side is REALLY done before I flip. However, last weekend I made the choc crepe as a bread. I shook packet with 2 oz water and put in a mini loaf pan. Baked in the oven at 350 for 10- 15 min. took it out of the pan and sprinkled a little stevia, cinnamon and 0 calorie butter spray. YUM YUM!!! Hope they work better for you next time
Old 02-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

HI everybody! WI # 5 tonight. i think i am down another 3 pounds. funny thing is they told me to go ahead and start doing some resistance training cause it's the muscle that will keep the weight off. And after reading everything on here....well i was stuck with the scale not moving for 3 days. then I finally muster the gumption to do some "light" exercise. i did 10 min with a 1 resistance on the ellyptical. and then did like 1 set of 10 reps for each move on arms and varying squats. next day i dropped 2 pounds! haven't done that in a single day since the first week. i took the next day off and maintained then i did just the 10 min ellyptical routine after a day of rest and dropped another pound. I was sure to keep myself at 70% max heart rate if not a little lower. and let me tell you my legs burned like i was on a resistance of 10 for an hour!!! i thought it was the whimpiest workout EVER! and yet the scale gave me praise YAY FOR WIMPY WORKOUTS!!!!

have a great day on IP everyone!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:05 AM   #18  
Started IP 1/3/11

S/C/G: 198.9/167.3/150

Good morning all!

NSV for me this morning. People were telling me yesterday that my (size 12) pants were just too big and I needed to get new ones. So... I went shopping in my closet to dig out the 10's and the 8s. The 10s are baggy and the 8s fit like a dream. Wahoo!!! Loving this single size business

WI #5 today, hopefully a SV is in my future as well! Have a great day everyone
Old 02-08-2011, 10:06 AM   #19  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

I know, I know. It's pathetic when you start quoting yourself. Regardless, I posted this late on the weekend and what I say about crepes applies to pancakes. I also add an egg white to each, but beat the egg first then stir in. Pancakes and crepes do better with less beating. Here's my suggestion. Hope it helps.

"Crepes are tricky, even if they aren't high protein like IP. If you remember when you make regular crepes, usually the first one is less than perfect. Try this.

Spray the nonstick pan with EVOO or put about 1/2 t in and spread it around really well and a little up the sides with your fingers. Don't lick.*

Heat the pan to medium high, pour/drizzle in the batter, starting in the middle and swishing it around to the edges. Do this fairly quickly. If the batter bubbles a lot, take the pan off the heat and keep swirling gently. Turn off the heat. You don't want to "cook, as in ruin, the protein. When the edges brown, flip the crepe, and finish cooking. If you have enough batter to make two or three, do the same thing for them, only you'll need less or no oil for the second. Keep stirring the batter and if it gets thick, add a few drops of water and stir. Hope this helps.

* A side bar on licking. I always smile when someone says they involuntarily licked their fingers after making a PBJ sandwich or something similar. It's such a human thing to do, and won't kill you. So this morning I was feeding the cat (see it coming?) this new stuff with gravy, and I licked my fingers. I can't believe I'm telling this. What's more, it tasted good. And (there has to be an and) the cat gave me such a look. Well, it's one thing when your family nags, but the cat? I ask you?"
Old 02-08-2011, 10:14 AM   #20  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Good morning all......... here is to day 3 back on IP... hope you all have a great day!
you look fantastic in your new avatar. that was just the motivation i needed today!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:21 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Crafter View Post
Good Morning!!!! I went to bed about 9;30pm last night si I was awake at 4am! I drank water and waited til now to make my first protein shake of the day-yum! Its wonderful to desire to eat only healthy foods !

Today was my official 1 week weigh in- down 7 pounds exactly. Now onto week 2, which is usually a small loss, but I'll am so motivated by this gorgeous dress.
When I go to be measured for this dress in 2 weeks to order it- I am going to ask her to order 1 size smaller-and can have alterations done in mid June, if needed to be taken in some more..we do lose inches on this diet faster than any other way of eating I have EVER been on!!

Don't you just love the golden color of the dress?
The other dress I had picked out ( that fit) was the typical dress with jacket over it.. kinda frumpy..I felt sad in it.. but THIS dress I feel ' alive'...

I promise to post a pic of me in the dress - but you will have to wait til summer...golden goddess here I come!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your weight loss week 1 down.....That dress is fantastic, what a great motivator...
Old 02-08-2011, 10:23 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone. Coqui (thanks )suggested I post this question on the daily thread for some more thoughts. Thanks Gang.
Opinions needed....my coach put me on a modified ph 3. Adding 2 fruits a day One with breakfast and one with lunch. Not the usual egg, bacon toast yogurt and fruit which is the protocol. So I"m on 3 reg. meals, 2 fruits and 1 IP snack. I asked him why. He said due to the dizziness I was having and to shed those extra few pounds.
I did it for about 4-5 days, then I just started getting this urge to do the original ph3 being afraid I was not restarting my engine the way this plan says you should. I mean there's a reason this stuff is laid out the way it is, right?

So today I had 1 egg, one chicken sausage, 2 oz oatbran cereal, yogurt and 7oz of berries. It was amazing to eat all that.

So...what does everyone think of the 2 fruits a day w/o the usual IP breakfast. My coach said do the 2 fruits modified ph 3 for 2 weeks, then he was switching me to the regular ph 3.
This inconsistency between the coaches, approaches and now from what I'm reading, increased protein allowances that are being put into motion from the higher ups has me feeling a little bit like a guinea pig.

Any thoughts? Thanks everyone
Old 02-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 185/155/155

Height: 5.6"

Just wanted to thank my buddy Couts71 for his delicious recipe ideas.
had the chicken sausage stew last night and everyone in the house ate it; with little complaints! why i cooked lettuce (spinach) was an amazment to my 3yr old, but she ate it.
i also watched a video of me riding my horse at a horse show this summer and it helped to provide extra incentive to get these extra pounds off! tight show clothes are not attractive!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 185.6/148/145

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning fellow Ip'ers...I'm having a bit of a rough week, the scale has stayed the same since Saturday. I have been 100% on protocol. The only thing is a few days I have eaten later then normal or let more time pass between meals then usual, however sometimes these things can't be helped. I have read most all your posts and I know this happens especially around wks 3 or 4 and it's week 4 for me so I'm trying to keep my chin up. My clothes are certainly fitting better so that's a wonderful thing since one of my main issues is the old "Muffin Top".

Another problem, I'm supposed to go to a small dinner party tonight (6 people) and I'm really stressed about the dinner menu. It's more of a business meeting at a private residence and I'm trying to get up the nerve to ask what the menu is or to ask if I can bring my own food. The nice thing is the hostess has already done IP so if anyone will understand she will..Any suggestions on how to handle this would be helpful? If it were friends it would be no problem I don't hide the fact that I'm dieting and I don't brag about it either.

One more thing..I'm so thankful for this site and all the posts, so that I know this almost zero weight loss this week is normal, if it weren't for you all I would be really depressed this week.

Ok sorry this was so long....but any suggestions about the dinner tonight would be great...Thanks!!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #25  
Started IP Jan 6 2011

S/C/G: 214/160/160ish

Height: 5'9 current size 8 and some 6's --never ever been a 6 (not even in highschool)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post
Good Morning fellow Ip'ers...I'm having a bit of a rough week, the scale has stayed the same since Saturday. I have been 100% on protocol. The only thing is a few days I have eaten later then normal or let more time pass between meals then usual, however sometimes these things can't be helped. I have read most all your posts and I know this happens especially around wks 3 or 4 and it's week 4 for me so I'm trying to keep my chin up. My clothes are certainly fitting better so that's a wonderful thing since one of my main issues is the old "Muffin Top".

Another problem, I'm supposed to go to a small dinner party tonight (6 people) and I'm really stressed about the dinner menu. It's more of a business meeting at a private residence and I'm trying to get up the nerve to ask what the menu is or to ask if I can bring my own food. The nice thing is the hostess has already done IP so if anyone will understand she will..Any suggestions on how to handle this would be helpful? If it were friends it would be no problem I don't hide the fact that I'm dieting and I don't brag about it either.

One more thing..I'm so thankful for this site and all the posts, so that I know this almost zero weight loss this week is normal, if it weren't for you all I would be really depressed this week.

Ok sorry this was so long....but any suggestions about the dinner tonight would be great...Thanks!!
Don't be too blue -- Week 4 was a bust for me I only lost 0.7 pounds and then 2 days later TOM -- which explains my less then stellar week 4 loss - but as of today on my home scale I am down 3 pounds which helps. So I completely understand the frustration-- I was spoiled with great week 1-3 WI I forgot what it was like to loose normal (like I did on WW). Just keep at it. (this is what I tell myself daily) -- I did loose several inches though- since my WI was not great I asked my coach to measure me and the results made my day (I have lost almost 7 inches- in 4 weeks- in my waist and that is the area I NEVER loose inches no matter how much weight I loose - which means I am just inches closer to my break up with the muffin top...a relationship loss I will not mourn) On a side note: I have gone from being an apple shape to an almost pear shape - weird and exciting.

As for dinner -- I think it is okay to call and explain your situation. It is probably better to do it ahead of time then to act weird, not eat etc when you get there especially if it is a business meeting. (then the focus becomes you and your eating and not the business at hand) I think most host/hostesses appreciate a heads up and often times will try to accommodate (at least I would -- I have vegan colleagues, those who eat only raw, a few macro dieters and then a whole host of allergies -- personally I prefer to know who can eat what ahead of time - saves me money, time and sanity- and I also like to know everyone is having a good time and not focusing on the food or worrying about the food) -- Offer to bring your own food if necessary -- and then send a thank you note to the host/hostess for being accommodating/understanding (you will be in his/her good graces forever with this simple gesture of appreciation). Being up front about food issues dieting or not is, IMHO the polite and right thing to do.

Good luck --and hang in there - if week 4 is a wash then week 5 will be better (also in my packet there was this tiny little section- which I did not read - that did state that during TOM it is common for women to loose very little and sometimes post a small gain)

Last edited by CheekyWit; 02-08-2011 at 11:10 AM.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggiemagu View Post

Good morning!Don't worry...some of my posts have been endless
!!! If you look at my ticker, I had a stall at wk 3, then lost 4.5lbs the next week. That happens a lot during this time, along with the chills, fatigue and some general weirdness. I think the body is switching deeper into your fat reserves at this point and it's a turning point for some of us.
On the dinner.... Well, I think the fact that the hostess has been on IP will def. be on your side. Don't be afraid to give her a personal call, share where you're at, make it clear you don't expect her to cater to you specifically and would be happy to bring your own food that can be plated at the table or from the kitchen directly. Whatever is convenient for her. I'm sure you'll get the secret wink from her, especially since she's been there too. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
ps. I had to do that during the holidays. Made my food for a dinner party I attended, and as folks were starting to fill their plates I simply went in the kitchen where I had nuked my food for a few seconds and came back out with my plate. No one made a fuss about it along with the chit chat that was going on.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:10 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Good morning! I have a few questions about stevita sticks. I read somewhere on here that people have used them in their water. I ordered some and have drank some in the past 3 days. They taste like drinking heaven! I am in phase 3 and was expecting to gain, but for the first two days I lost 2 lbs! By the end of the week I gained the 2lbs back again. At the time I just chalked it up to water fluctuation, but am now wondering if it is the sticks throwing me out of ketosis (and I REALLY don't want to mess my phase 3 up!). My coach said that the xylitol and erythitol are the same as sugar. But there is no carbs, calories, fat, etc. Has anyone used these during phase 3 successfully? I REALLY like them.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:28 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

So after some really bad cheats 2 weeks ago and then TOM last week I finally bore witness to the downward motion of my scale this morning! Thank the heavens above! I was starting to rethink this second go on the program! My faith has been restored and I am super excited to keep on fighting the fat! I WILL be skinny by summer!
I am very happy for me and very happy for all of us! Keep fighting ladies and gents its worth it in the long run!
Old 02-08-2011, 11:36 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 288/268.2/130

Height: 5'5"

Good morning fellow IPers. I am two days away from my 2nd week weigh in, and the scale shows that I am down 7lbs so far this week. My goal is to be down at least another 1lb by Thursday so I can match last week's weight loss. I am getting bored with lunch time - I am taking the same thing to work daily - spinach with honeydijon dressing and a rtd chocolate shake. However, it is clearly working for me, so I have to find a way to spice it up a bit. Making my own soup and bringing it to work does not work out well for me as I often have to supervise during lunch hour and can't spend the time heating the soup and then eating it afterwards.
I have been feeling incredibly tired the last couple of days - I have been going to bed between 8-9pm, whereas I would normally go to bed between 10pm and midnight.
We are celebrating the 100th day of school today in my classroom - the kids are going to be eating 10 pieces of 10 different snacks (oh the temptation will be difficult! I am thinking of dispersing it through the day rather than giving it to them all at once. We will keep track on the board so we know when we get to 100.
Old 02-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #30  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarice41 View Post
Good morning! I have a few questions about stevita sticks. I read somewhere on here that people have used them in their water. I ordered some and have drank some in the past 3 days. They taste like drinking heaven! I am in phase 3 and was expecting to gain, but for the first two days I lost 2 lbs! By the end of the week I gained the 2lbs back again. At the time I just chalked it up to water fluctuation, but am now wondering if it is the sticks throwing me out of ketosis (and I REALLY don't want to mess my phase 3 up!). My coach said that the xylitol and erythitol are the same as sugar. But there is no carbs, calories, fat, etc. Has anyone used these during phase 3 successfully? I REALLY like them.
You aren't supposed to stay in ketosis once you are in Phase 3 and Phase 4. Eating the fruit and carbs is gradually restarting your pancreas to do the job it is supposed to. When I hit Phase 3 I stopped using the Ketosticks and just followed the program like I knew I was supposed to. I have been in maintenance since June of 2010 and have stayed the same weight. Within the last week I have started Phase 1 to get 10-12 more lbs off, but this program really works. For the first time I believe I know how to stay thin
Closed Thread