Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 214.4/173/145

Height: 5 8"

Default Happy Happy Day

I had my first weigh in today (12 lbs. 5")
This is so awesome! I can't wait to continue. I lost the weight in 2 weeks, but we were snowed in last week so I couldn't get out. I had to use EAS shakes in a pinch, taste crappy, but didn't do any harm.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:01 PM   #62  
Kevin Reboot FEB2015

S/C/G: 203/160 Restart: 209/206/155

Height: 5'5"

I just wanted to post my NSVs that I had this week. I'm on day 25 of IP and I had to go down a belt loop on my work belt yesterday. My keys and radio were pulling them down! And today a fellow officer said, "Guy, you're withering away to nothing. You want a ham sandwich or something"? I was just getting to a bored spot and these two NSVs gave me the shot of motivation that I needed! Hope everyone is meeting their goals and having a great day.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5'5

Default Tuesday....

This is a later post than usual but the day has been a little hectic....haven't been sleeping well but my energy is up....not sure if that is a good combo or not but we will have to wait and see.....

Happy wishes for pounds lost and staying OP!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonieRuns View Post
Hello!
I'm fairly new to IP (just finished 4th week) but following it to a "T"--just had my weigh-in and lost 0, Zippo, Nada. I'm pretty bummed. I did lose 2.5 in. but not in places where I feel it in my clothes. I'm not giving up but just have to say this standstill came waaaay earlier in the process than I expected or wanted.

I am going to start exercising again. I was very active before starting IP and have been not doing much except walking the dog these past four weeks (as instructed by program consultant). Well, now I figure what can it hurt and at least it will help me mentally (pick up those endorphins).

Okay, just using this as a sounding board. Congrats to all who are doing well!
Hi Nonie...just trust us my love...we've all been thru the nada zippo loss exactly where you are. DONT change anything and don't start taking spin classes or going crazy with exercise. Just keep doing everything to a tee and the weight will come off very soon, I promise. If you check my wk 3, it was zippo as well. Hang in there, we'll get you to the other side
Old 02-08-2011, 04:24 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
I just wanted to post my NSVs that I had this week. I'm on day 25 of IP and I had to go down a belt loop on my work belt yesterday. My keys and radio were pulling them down! And today a fellow officer said, "Guy, you're withering away to nothing. You want a ham sandwich or something"? I was just getting to a bored spot and these two NSVs gave me the shot of motivation that I needed! Hope everyone is meeting their goals and having a great day.
Hey good job YankeeFan!
Yeah, I had a girlfriend take one look at me after she hadn't seen me in a little while and she said "You look like you need to eat a butter sandwich, or somethin'!" So there ya go.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:28 PM   #66  
JSP
Started IP 10/3/10

S/C/G: 164/129/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Others have already addressed the rest period your body takes in week 3, 4, or 5. It has also been covered extensively this past week.

What do you have to lose? Well, it's impossible to say for sure because you don't give any information. But if you exercise at the level you did before joining the IP program, you could make your stall more permanent; you could lose muscle -- most likely would -- and that includes small and large muscles, like the heart. I'm not sure you've absorbed enough information about the program yet to start manipulating it.
Well said Linden.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Hey tb4410!! I go to the Dopps clinic in Meridan.

Have weigh in # 3 tommorrow and am I am bracing myself. Home scale say I gained a pound but have been 100% on IP. From reading posts I. Know that 3-4 weeks can be tough. Thanks for the pancake info. My hubby went for his first weigh in and lost 9#. He had a very easy week,some headaches but overall was good. Doesn't say much for me as I was very cranky( more so than normal). It gets easier every day. Thanks for all your posts They keep my head in the game.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #68  

S/C/G: HW255/IP223/ticker/GW160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by damascho View Post
Good Morning Everyone!
I have officially been on the Ideal Protein for nine days. After the first seven days, I was down nine lbs! Woo Hoo. The last two days, I have either not lost, or gained a pound. What's going on? I'm drinking a lot of water, no pop, following the diet. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm just looking for some words of encouragement. Thank you so much. -Dawn
The same thing is happening to me. I'm on day 9 also. i lost 10.6 pounds within the first 6 days or so. but for the past 2 days the scale has not moved. i just keep telling myself that there is no way i can NOT lose when i am only eating 800-900 calories a day. it WILL come off, i might just be having a bloated day
Old 02-08-2011, 04:39 PM   #69  
DinobowerRN

S/C/G: 294/0/185

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulemom View Post
Hey tb4410!! I go to the Dopps clinic in Meridan.

Have weigh in # 3 tommorrow and am I am bracing myself. Home scale say I gained a pound but have been 100% on IP. From reading posts I. Know that 3-4 weeks can be tough. Thanks for the pancake info. My hubby went for his first weigh in and lost 9#. He had a very easy week,some headaches but overall was good. Doesn't say much for me as I was very cranky( more so than normal). It gets easier every day. Thanks for all your posts They keep my head in the game.
I go in for WI #3 in about an hour!! I too have been 100% OP, but worrying about what my numbers will say. I only lost 2.6 pounds last week so we will see!! Good luck with your WI tomorrow!!
Old 02-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeFan14040 View Post
what a great compliment!! isn't that great to hear? way to go buddy!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:25 PM   #71  

Default am i weird?

i'm sitting at my desk having my IP peanut butter bar, and in between bites i'm SMELLING the bar. yes ladies and gents, i caught myself literally HUFFING this bar between bites. sad part is that i didn't even notice i was doing it until i was halfway through the bar. i guess since i haven't been around any sweets for 9 days my body is savoring anything it can get its hands...or nose...on!
Old 02-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #72  
Started IP on 1/3/2011

S/C/G: 308/308/150

Height: 5' 2"

Wow everyone had so many great losses today. It is so wonderful seeing all the numbers go down. It is so motivating I tell ya!

I leave for Vegas in 2 days to see the BF that is in Med School out there right now. I am sure I will be fine eating wise out there. I am not worrying about it. I know there will be at least 2 nights of eating out but I already made the reservations and scooped out the restaurants if they were IP friendly. Also checked to see if there were any coaches in the area out there if I ever got stuck and needed some packs and there are a few. So I am all set and looking forward to the trip.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:15 PM   #73  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarix1 View Post
I had my first weigh in today (12 lbs. 5")
This is so awesome! I can't wait to continue. I lost the weight in 2 weeks, but we were snowed in last week so I couldn't get out. I had to use EAS shakes in a pinch, taste crappy, but didn't do any harm.
Congrats on a good first weigh in!

Hi to everyone else. I'm just poking my head in when I can. Hope all is going well. I actually have a weigh in tomorrow morning with my coach, but I've already switched to using my scale at home so I know where I'm at.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:27 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 189/159/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by annieann77 View Post
I am in Phase II, and sure would like to know this egg muffin recipe you talk of!! Sounds interesting and yummy!! I made a crustless quiche the other day and it was ok, I like to have things ready in the fridge so this was good.
annieann- google linda's low carb website and the recipe is called FLAX SANDWICH BUNS. i've seen lots of variations on this type of bun which i'm sure you could google up as well. i find if you use the oven, toaster oven etc vs. micro they have a less spongy texture. i have made it in a 2 cup pyrex bowl in the micro and then toasted it with good results. i like whole grain breads tho, it definitely is NOT a white bread substitute.. check out lindas 2 carb bun tho...let me know how it works for you you might like "Splendid Low-carbing with Jennifer Eloff" blog too. there is an english muffin type thing there. But lets get back to IP.....don't want to upset or give anyone temptations we all don't need right now!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 193/130/143

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinobowerRN View Post
I go in for WI #3 in about an hour!! I too have been 100% OP, but worrying about what my numbers will say. I only lost 2.6 pounds last week so we will see!! Good luck with your WI tomorrow!!
Excited to hear about WI!!! Let me know
Closed Thread