3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Fri. 7 Dec. 2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/221588-ip-daily-chat-fri-7-dec-2010-a.html)

EatAnts 01-07-2011 06:02 AM

IP Daily Chat - Fri. 7 Dec. 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
:welcome3: and happy new year!!! :celebrate:

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Review yesterday's thread: January 6th, 2011

diane49 01-07-2011 07:38 AM

...GOOD MORNING IP'ers !!!

It's a snowy Friday here in NJ.....even though I am out of work another 2 wks..I seem to wake up early with all this ENERGY !!!
I read all yesterdays posts and am so excited for everyone with all the losses and the NSV's !!! It is truly inspirational !!

I have my own 'to-do' list while I am home.... I cleaned out all kitchen drawers yesterday, washed rugs, changed bed linens, etc....

TODAY is clean out my closet and dresser day !!! Time to put all my 'larger' jeans and shirts in the attic bin and only keep the smaller sizes that I haven't worn in 2 yrs in my closet !! YAY !!!

Having my other protein w lunch and IP shake/veggies for dinner seemed to work....I was full all afternoon and had NO urge to 'pick' at the tater tots and meatloaf I made for the family>>>and I LOVE meatloaf !!!

Someone asked about WF dressings...my fave regular dressing has always been ranch but the WF ranch does not please my palate...However the WF Bacon Ranch is not too bad....I have mostly used fresh lemon and black pepper on my salads and I love it....it has such a fresh taste !! The only other WF I like is the BBQ sauce, love it on chicken, beef, etc !!

Wishing everyone a 100% IP day and a wonderful Friday !!

tle1103 01-07-2011 07:48 AM

Good morning friends,

It is snowing here in WV and no school today in Upshur Co. Of course, I still have to go into the board office and work. I like days like this though because I am able to somewhat get caught up.

I have stayed on protocol all week and am feeling so much better! This morning, I was able to do one of my 2 mile WATP videos.

Have a great day,
tle

PJay 01-07-2011 08:17 AM

Happy Friday everyone.....

Hope you all have a terrific weekend....:hug:

sunnymae 01-07-2011 08:18 AM

'Mornin' everyone!
Well heres a first. My always skinny sister hadn't seen me since I left for france 2 weeks ago. Looked at me last night and told me I was too thin!!! (this is a girl who isn't happy unless she weighs 110, which is fine, just not fine for me) but she obsesses over it A LOT.
My husband said she was just jealous. I hope not. I think she was just shocked, however she has been definitely snooping around my food packets since I started this program...:cool:

Oh and...last night we had guests for champagne and h'or d'oeuvres...I didn't touch anything off protocol, and made myself fabulous shrimp cocktail sauce with WF ketchup, white bottled horseradish ( zero everything) and a splash of lemon. It was great and I really enjoyed the shrimp!

Have a great day everyone!

SJackson 01-07-2011 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diane49 (Post 3638604)
...GOOD MORNING IP'ers !!!

It's a snowy Friday here in NJ.....even though I am out of work another 2 wks..I seem to wake up early with all this ENERGY !!!
I read all yesterdays posts and am so excited for everyone with all the losses and the NSV's !!! It is truly inspirational !!

I have my own 'to-do' list while I am home.... I cleaned out all kitchen drawers yesterday, washed rugs, changed bed linens, etc....

TODAY is clean out my closet and dresser day !!! Time to put all my 'larger' jeans and shirts in the attic bin and only keep the smaller sizes that I haven't worn in 2 yrs in my closet !! YAY !!!

Having my other protein w lunch and IP shake/veggies for dinner seemed to work....I was full all afternoon and had NO urge to 'pick' at the tater tots and meatloaf I made for the family>>>and I LOVE meatloaf !!!

Someone asked about WF dressings...my fave regular dressing has always been ranch but the WF ranch does not please my palate...However the WF Bacon Ranch is not too bad....I have mostly used fresh lemon and black pepper on my salads and I love it....it has such a fresh taste !! The only other WF I like is the BBQ sauce, love it on chicken, beef, etc !!

Wishing everyone a 100% IP day and a wonderful Friday !!

I love watching it snow. I have the WF BBQ sauce and the cocktail sauce. I haven't had a chance to try either one of them yet, but will have to work that into my menu.

whosinthemirror 01-07-2011 08:32 AM

First mini-goal met!!!

No more maternity bluejeans!!! Even though my "baby" is 16 months old, I had refused to buy bigger jeans and kept wearing those on casual Friday at work. My first mini goal was to never wear them to work again... and this morning for the first time in almost 2 years, I am wearing my old jeans! They are snug, don't get me wrong, but they are zipped! Yahoooooo! And I am only in the middle of week two! Can't wait to see what happens next! :carrot:

whosinthemirror 01-07-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SJackson (Post 3638667)
I love watching it snow. I have the WF BBQ sauce and the cocktail sauce. I haven't had a chance to try either one of them yet, but will have to work that into my menu.

I love the WF Italian dressing. And the WF Ranch dip isn't too bad either. My mom is in love with the WF Coleslaw dressing for her cabbage (coleslaw blend). She also really likes the WF Cesar dressing.

iowahawkeyemom 01-07-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnymae (Post 3638654)
'Mornin' everyone!
Well heres a first. My always skinny sister hadn't seen me since I left for france 2 weeks ago. Looked at me last night and told me I was too thin!!! (this is a girl who isn't happy unless she weighs 110, which is fine, just not fine for me) but she obsesses over it A LOT.
My husband said she was just jealous. I hope not. I think she was just shocked, however she has been definitely snooping around my food packets since I started this program...:cool:

I think your husband may be correct.

Reminds me that the other day I was in town and a guy asked me if I was back for a while. Confussed for awhile until he asked me about my sister's husband and how he was doing. Then I realized he thought I was my sister who winters in Florida and the rest of the year lives here in Iowa. My sister has always been thin. I had to smile and correct him. Then I kindly told him she is seven years older than me. It was a great feeling though to know people think that her and I look a like now. Even though she is older.

A short while ago I was grocery shopping and ran into my niece. Her son called me meema. He thought I was his grandma. His grandma is the same sister that the earlier story is about. Too funny!

abtogo 01-07-2011 09:23 AM

Hi Everyone,

I love reading all of your threads and find so much inspiration in your stories!
I started IP 5 weeks ago and have always gotten a little bit of a stomach ache when I have the IP food in the morning but lately after even one bite (I usually have the oatmeal or the Choc To Go Drink) I get really bad pain that will go away after about ten minutes of chugging water. I'm thinking I may be allergic to something. Any thoughts?

Medicmom734 01-07-2011 09:25 AM

UGHHHHHHH!

I WI this morning, and after an entire week back on protocol, no loss. :(
No inches lost either.

It's ok, maybe a couple more days will see a move in the scale. I haven't incorporated any exercise since I fell off the wagon at Christmas, so maybe I will start! I am in ketosis, as I checked this morning, just to be sure. It may have something to do with my stress level, as I am going through something right now that is a bit to handle. The only thing that matters is that I feel good, and I WILL lose! Next week is another WI....hoping for a big one.

I know, it will come.

28 days till The Bahamas!

jupiter 01-07-2011 09:57 AM

Hello IPers. Had my first WI this morning down 7lbs. So one week under my belt - on to week two. This protocol is great, I haven't felt like going off plan at all, I feel great and not hungry.

Thank you to all for your encouragement and support!!

amber2beme 01-07-2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medicmom734 (Post 3638757)
UGHHHHHHH!

I WI this morning, and after an entire week back on protocol, no loss. :(
No inches lost either.

It's ok, maybe a couple more days will see a move in the scale. I haven't incorporated any exercise since I fell off the wagon at Christmas, so maybe I will start! I am in ketosis, as I checked this morning, just to be sure. It may have something to do with my stress level, as I am going through something right now that is a bit to handle. The only thing that matters is that I feel good, and I WILL lose! Next week is another WI....hoping for a big one.

I know, it will come.

28 days till The Bahamas!

I commend you for sticking to it and looking at the positives that you are gaining that aren't on the scale. i am a scale junky and find that i was only able to stay off the scale for 1 day since starting. i now wish i would have weighed myself the morning of my initial weigh in so that i would know how much i have really lost if any. I'm thinking 4 pounds but i swear that was the very first day and since then my scale at home hasn't moved an ounce...as a matter of fact it went up a pound. REALLY trying not to get discouraged but it is hard when i make my family dirty rice for dinner (which i love) and then i make myself 2 cups of spinach and 5 oz of ground beef with some wf bbq sauce. and on top of that my boyfriend says you couldn't pay me to eat what you are eating let alone make the choice to do it on my own. my response was i am making the choice to like what i see when i look in the mirror. but on the inside i was beyond deflated. consequently i was suddenly full and well didn't finish eating. IDK yesterday was a bit of an emotional thing. hoping that is a result of being on this plan and that it is just cause i am in the first week.
ANYWAY....i will be using you as inspiration to keep on keepin on!

Douger963 01-07-2011 10:11 AM

Gout

I've had a history of gout since my late 20's. Gout is typically caused by foods high in purine which results in high uric acid levels. Now most would think if you just cut out the rich foods. Unfortunately, really healthy green foods like broccoli, and some fish like Salmon seem to have high purine levels.

Anyway, I've found on the diets that emphasize in protein, I experience a lot of gout. I had hoped IP wouldn't do that. I've been walking around with gout since 12/25. I take Alapurinol for it, helps but each morning it's there. I wondered if any one else experiences gout from this diet?

JCWilkie 01-07-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jupiter (Post 3638840)
Hello IPers. Had my first WI this morning down 7lbs. So one week under my belt - on to week two. This protocol is great, I haven't felt like going off plan at all, I feel great and not hungry.

Thank you to all for your encouragement and support!!

Good for you!

PepperGal 01-07-2011 10:15 AM

Can anyone tell me if Canadian Bacon is on protocol? If so, for all phases?

PepperGal 01-07-2011 10:16 AM

I forgot to include my second question: how much Walden Farms dressing is allowed per day?

jupiter 01-07-2011 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber2beme (Post 3638877)
I commend you for sticking to it and looking at the positives that you are gaining that aren't on the scale. i am a scale junky and find that i was only able to stay off the scale for 1 day since starting. i now wish i would have weighed myself the morning of my initial weigh in so that i would know how much i have really lost if any. I'm thinking 4 pounds but i swear that was the very first day and since then my scale at home hasn't moved an ounce...as a matter of fact it went up a pound. REALLY trying not to get discouraged but it is hard when i make my family dirty rice for dinner (which i love) and then i make myself 2 cups of spinach and 5 oz of ground beef with some wf bbq sauce. and on top of that my boyfriend says you couldn't pay me to eat what you are eating let alone make the choice to do it on my own. my response was i am making the choice to like what i see when i look in the mirror. but on the inside i was beyond deflated. consequently i was suddenly full and well didn't finish eating. IDK yesterday was a bit of an emotional thing. hoping that is a result of being on this plan and that it is just cause i am in the first week.

Please do not get discouraged!!! I just finished week 1, I didn't "feel" like I had lost any weight - I stepped on the scale and bam 7 lbs gone. Someone on here told me the trust the process - this has really stuck with me. I only weigh on weigh day.

CutieEli 01-07-2011 10:24 AM

Back on track!

Good morning everyone!!!
So I am pretty new at this and this is my first post ever on this site but I have been reading so many post since the beginning of the week!

I started IP last year and had lost 20 pounds. Even though I knew I was losing weight, and everyone was proud of what I had lost, I was cheating when no one was around. It felt like I HAD to have it. That is when I realized that I was not doing the diet for the right reasons. I quit IP and went back to my regular routine not feeling so good about myself.

After looking at myself in the mirror in December I couldn’t believe that not only had I gained everything back…I realized that I didn’t like myself anymore. I decided to start IP once again but made sure I was doing it for myself and not to please other people!

Since Tuesday I have sticked to protocol and have not cheated once! I passed the third day temptation (for me) and I feel good so far. I know this works I just have to put my mind to it and I am sure that by being here I will find more support! ;)

Congrats to all of you who are losing weight and I can’t wait to blog with you guys on a regular basis and lose some weight along the way

sunnymae 01-07-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme
Please do not get discouraged!!! I just finished week 1, I didn't "feel" like I had lost any weight - I stepped on the scale and bam 7 lbs gone. Someone on here told me the trust the process - this has really stuck with me. I only weigh on weigh day.
Quote:

Originally Posted by jupiter (Post 3638897)

Keep goin' amber. We're all here for you. We complain, we triumph, we meltdown, then we pick ourselves and each other right back up!!!!
now...for your dirty rice, use very lean turkey meat. Put all your dirty rice seasonings in (cajun seasoning, check the labels for sugar) or good old cracked pepper, salt cumin) Since we cant cook onions, use garlic and fresh white part of scallion. Add little splashes of fat free chicken stock so it's not too dry while you're cooking it. So there's the meat part. Take your allowable veggie quota of cauliflower and grate it up like little "rice" Season and cook up in your no stick pretty dry so it gets a nice color. Throw your cooked turkey meat in and season to taste. You'll get the fix you need once you get the seasoning to your liking. You can cook the turkey first, then throw the cauliflower in to cook, or vice/versa, whatever is the quickest easiest for you, cause time and state of mind can be a deal breaker, especially when we're cooking for others.
Check the recipe threads. There are some great cooks on this list and you'll get creative and feel like you got the power!!!:cheer3::cheer3:

JonathanandZeus 01-07-2011 10:39 AM

Thank you!

I just wanted to send out a great big "thank you" to all the members who have always been so kind and complimentary with their comments to my posts.

I love this web-site and all of you. I wish I knew you all on a more personal level, but it sure is great to be able to come to this site and share your feelings and experiences with many others who are going through the same motions.

THANKS AGAIN and I will continue on with my journey and I am so happy to hear that I am an inspriration to some of you! Makes me beam from ear to ear!

I have posted my "after" photo which my coach took on Wednesday.

Luv you all!
Lorrie

JonathanandZeus 01-07-2011 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PepperGal (Post 3638896)
I forgot to include my second question: how much Walden Farms dressing is allowed per day?

If the label reads 0-0-0 (which most Walden Farms dressings are) then you can use as much as you want --- it's free!

Pegsi 01-07-2011 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber2beme (Post 3638877)

You sound like me I have a tendency to overthink things sometimes (most of the time).
I weigh myself everyday and sometimes twice a day I used an entire container of ketostix in about 2 weeks 1 for almost everytime I peed (no I am not clinically insane) and called my mom who was also on the program almost everyday. I was OCD. I lost over 30 lbs from August 01/10 to about Nov.01/10 and then I took a break. I was happy with the weight and wanted to tone and build muscle. I did that and now I am back, and happy to be back!And not nearly as obsessive but possibly because I am smarter and stronger and know what to expect.
Can't wait to see the amazing transformation of my body this time.
If anyone gives you grief come here and tell us we will stand up for you because we are all in this together!

amber2beme 01-07-2011 12:36 PM

I just want to say thank you so much to everyone that replied to what i said. I am sitting here in my cubicle all overwhelmed with emotion from all of the support. :cry: I have a strong support team in "real life" when it comes to other things but i have never had so many people know EXACTLY what i am going through with dieting and have them say it's ok we did it and you can too. nobody ever seems to understand. I thought this forum would be something new and different that i could use as a tool, i never thought that it would mean so much to me and so quickly. I don't think i would be able to do this without you guys! :hug: i am back on my mental track of determination and satisfaction with this process. THANK YOU!!!

Hollmark 01-07-2011 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jupiter (Post 3638897)

Whoo HOO!!!Awesome...good job!!:carrot:

Josephine216 01-07-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abtogo (Post 3638753)
Hi Everyone,

I love reading all of your threads and find so much inspiration in your stories!
I started IP 5 weeks ago and have always gotten a little bit of a stomach ache when I have the IP food in the morning but lately after even one bite (I usually have the oatmeal or the Choc To Go Drink) I get really bad pain that will go away after about ten minutes of chugging water. I'm thinking I may be allergic to something. Any thoughts?

It could be the morning vitamines. I found that if I don't have at least half of the shake before taking the pills, I get a stomach ache.

Josephine216 01-07-2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CutieEli (Post 3638912)
Good morning everyone!!!
So I am pretty new at this and this is my first post ever on this site but I have been reading so many post since the beginning of the week!

I started IP last year and had lost 20 pounds. Even though I knew I was losing weight, and everyone was proud of what I had lost, I was cheating when no one was around. It felt like I HAD to have it. That is when I realized that I was not doing the diet for the right reasons. I quit IP and went back to my regular routine not feeling so good about myself.

After looking at myself in the mirror in December I couldn’t believe that not only had I gained everything back…I realized that I didn’t like myself anymore. I decided to start IP once again but made sure I was doing it for myself and not to please other people!

Since Tuesday I have sticked to protocol and have not cheated once! I passed the third day temptation (for me) and I feel good so far. I know this works I just have to put my mind to it and I am sure that by being here I will find more support! ;)

Congrats to all of you who are losing weight and I can’t wait to blog with you guys on a regular basis and lose some weight along the way

It is certainly not easy staying on track. I read once that when she felt like she was going to eat. She's take a big glass of water and read the IP blog. I'm going to try that next time.

I'm also a newbie but I think that this diet will be it for me and I now trust that it works.

Good luck! Be strong!

Mamadancer 01-07-2011 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abtogo (Post 3638753)
Hi Everyone,

Does this only happen in the morning? It if happens with every IP meal then the possibility of an allergy is high...perhaps to splenda. If it only happens in the morning then it may be something to do with your empty stomach. Either way, since it's getting worse you should probably consult your doctor.

SallyM 01-07-2011 01:24 PM

Hello EatAnts/Sheila! Thanks so much for starting the threads each and every day for all of us! But something is wonky with the date again - it is saying DECEMBER 2010 instead of January 2011.

CutieEli 01-07-2011 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josephine216 (Post 3639213)
It is certainly not easy staying on track. I read once that when she felt like she was going to eat. She's take a big glass of water and read the IP blog. I'm going to try that next time.

I'm also a newbie but I think that this diet will be it for me and I now trust that it works.

Good luck! Be strong!

Thank you Josephine216!!!
I am sure we will be able to encourage each other and you will do great!
It takes a lot of courage and strength and if we set our mind to it we can do great things!!!

Good luck!! :D

SashaJS 01-07-2011 02:26 PM

Hey guys, just dropped in for a quick hello!

In regards to the amount if WF dressing, I remember an older thread where it was brought up that the label can say 0-0-0 even if, say carbs, are 0.5. So just keep that in mind when you use those products.
As far as Canadian bacon I'm not sure. If it's not on the Phase1 sheet then I personally wouldn't eat it.

Hope everyone has a good IP day! Keep on keeping on, my friends. :)

Linden 01-07-2011 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber2beme (Post 3639192)
I just want to say thank you so much to everyone that replied to what i said. I am sitting here in my cubicle all overwhelmed with emotion from all of the support. :cry: I have a strong support team in "real life" when it comes to other things but i have never had so many people know EXACTLY what i am going through with dieting and have them say it's ok we did it and you can too. nobody ever seems to understand. I thought this forum would be something new and different that i could use as a tool, i never thought that it would mean so much to me and so quickly. I don't think i would be able to do this without you guys! :hug: i am back on my mental track of determination and satisfaction with this process. THANK YOU!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

SJackson 01-07-2011 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amber2beme (Post 3639192)

I love reading all of the posts. This group of women and men are the BEST when it comes to the boost that we need, as well as the reality check that we need. My BF is not as verbal about my accomplishments with this new way of eating as his family has been, which is a bummer. But I come in here and read about everyone elses triumphs and tirbulations and I see myself in so many of their stories, I don't feel alone in this. High fives to all of us!!!!:hug:

Linden 01-07-2011 02:40 PM

abtogo Consider getting tested for soy allergy. I found I was mildly allergic to soy and there are only about 3-4 products that don't have it in them.

Canadian Bacon We actually had this discussion just a few days ago bu if you're new you likely didn't catch it. My coach, how is fairly strict, said it's OK but in moderation because of the very high sodium content.

mlseward 01-07-2011 03:10 PM

Blug day five of no cheating and sticking to proto and that dang scale isn't budging. grrr.

Medicmom734 01-07-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlseward (Post 3639516)
Blug day five of no cheating and sticking to proto and that dang scale isn't budging. grrr.

I'm right there with ya! Exactly. No cheats, no budge! It will come. Let's stay tough!

whosinthemirror 01-07-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medicmom734 (Post 3639567)
I'm right there with ya! Exactly. No cheats, no budge! It will come. Let's stay tough!

What about inches? losing those still?

AmyonIP 01-07-2011 03:40 PM

Hi all, I had a rough day yesterday afternoon. I found out that my friend that I've been with for for 28 years (wow! long time) was diagnosed with colon cancer and liver cancer. She's going to do chemo Jan. 13 and she has 2 kids, 6 and 1. I was just bawling yesterday just reading her posts on Caringbridge. Normally at a time like this I would have turned to food. Sweets mainly and comfort casserole dishes. Well, not this time!
I just started cleaning a lot and ended with a soak in the bath which I haven't done in forever. (bath, not cleaning ;) ) I was proud that I wasn't even tempted for the food, just had to keep my mind occupied with something else.

Linden, I'm going to go for a walk around Walmart in a bit since its cold out, thanks for that tip a few days back. :hug:

floradeluna 01-07-2011 03:46 PM

Hello :) I been busy and not stopping by as regularly as I used to.. but I just wanted to say to all the ppl not sure if this works.. or wanting to stray.. don't! This does work and its so rewarding! Keep up all the good work, change your interaction with food and throw or give away those big clothes from the former you! Enjoy all the new things you can do, all the energy and all the shopping for smaller clothes… :) and mostly.. Remember how you felt before and.. Compare to now…hold on to that feeling it will keep you going and make you not wanting to go back! It's a life time battle but worth fighting!

It's been 5 months now.. lost 90 pounds and more to go ;) Never thought I could do that… but im there so can you!

Personnal achievement of the day: im 3 sizes away from not being in the plus size stores for pants.. And got some XL in a reg store the other day! The thrill! :)

Have a good w-end all!

hawndragon 01-07-2011 03:55 PM

@douger963~~Being from the northwest, I started worrying about my big morning espresso on the way to work on this diet. Then I started adding up the monthly costs associated with my 4 shot 20oz americanos w/ cream. Holy smokes I've been throwing out about $120 a month in coffees. The other thing that concerned me was how much milk or cream they were really putting in my morning coffee on this protocol. So I invested in a Nespresso so I'd be in more control of what goes in my coffee and to eventually save some money.

Now the best thing about this, is it comes with a frother. I also bought some decaf capsules. My morning meal is a Vanilla drink I froth up like a cappucino, and 3 shots of espresso. Absolutely fantastic, my coffee and breakfast all in one. Well I discovered tonight for my last snack, I can make the same drink with decaf espresso and the chocolate drink. OMG! Talk about night cap!

Yum! I've never heated a pudding up yet. This sounds great as I love coffee too. I have a Keurig and use decaf in the evening. Will try the chocolate with the decaf hot. Sounds delish!
I'm a P NW'er too over here in Port Orchard. You know how we love our coffee.;)
You are doing so well. Love your commitment. Keep up the good work!