Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 06:02 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Fri. 7 Dec. 2011

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!
and happy new year!!!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Review yesterday's thread: January 6th, 2011

Last edited by EatAnts; 01-08-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:38 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

...GOOD MORNING IP'ers !!!

It's a snowy Friday here in NJ.....even though I am out of work another 2 wks..I seem to wake up early with all this ENERGY !!!
I read all yesterdays posts and am so excited for everyone with all the losses and the NSV's !!! It is truly inspirational !!

I have my own 'to-do' list while I am home.... I cleaned out all kitchen drawers yesterday, washed rugs, changed bed linens, etc....

TODAY is clean out my closet and dresser day !!! Time to put all my 'larger' jeans and shirts in the attic bin and only keep the smaller sizes that I haven't worn in 2 yrs in my closet !! YAY !!!

Having my other protein w lunch and IP shake/veggies for dinner seemed to work....I was full all afternoon and had NO urge to 'pick' at the tater tots and meatloaf I made for the family>>>and I LOVE meatloaf !!!

Someone asked about WF dressings...my fave regular dressing has always been ranch but the WF ranch does not please my palate...However the WF Bacon Ranch is not too bad....I have mostly used fresh lemon and black pepper on my salads and I love it....it has such a fresh taste !! The only other WF I like is the BBQ sauce, love it on chicken, beef, etc !!

Wishing everyone a 100% IP day and a wonderful Friday !!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 247/208/175

Height: 5 ft. 6 in.

Good morning friends,

It is snowing here in WV and no school today in Upshur Co. Of course, I still have to go into the board office and work. I like days like this though because I am able to somewhat get caught up.

I have stayed on protocol all week and am feeling so much better! This morning, I was able to do one of my 2 mile WATP videos.

Have a great day,
tle
Old 01-07-2011, 08:17 AM   #4  
I see the light....

S/C/G: 204.6/191.4/155

Happy Friday everyone.....

Hope you all have a terrific weekend....
Old 01-07-2011, 08:18 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 162/129/120

Height: 5'3"

'Mornin' everyone!
Well heres a first. My always skinny sister hadn't seen me since I left for france 2 weeks ago. Looked at me last night and told me I was too thin!!! (this is a girl who isn't happy unless she weighs 110, which is fine, just not fine for me) but she obsesses over it A LOT.
My husband said she was just jealous. I hope not. I think she was just shocked, however she has been definitely snooping around my food packets since I started this program...

Oh and...last night we had guests for champagne and h'or d'oeuvres...I didn't touch anything off protocol, and made myself fabulous shrimp cocktail sauce with WF ketchup, white bottled horseradish ( zero everything) and a splash of lemon. It was great and I really enjoyed the shrimp!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:28 AM   #6  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane49 View Post
...GOOD MORNING IP'ers !!!

It's a snowy Friday here in NJ.....even though I am out of work another 2 wks..I seem to wake up early with all this ENERGY !!!
I read all yesterdays posts and am so excited for everyone with all the losses and the NSV's !!! It is truly inspirational !!

I have my own 'to-do' list while I am home.... I cleaned out all kitchen drawers yesterday, washed rugs, changed bed linens, etc....

TODAY is clean out my closet and dresser day !!! Time to put all my 'larger' jeans and shirts in the attic bin and only keep the smaller sizes that I haven't worn in 2 yrs in my closet !! YAY !!!

Having my other protein w lunch and IP shake/veggies for dinner seemed to work....I was full all afternoon and had NO urge to 'pick' at the tater tots and meatloaf I made for the family>>>and I LOVE meatloaf !!!

Someone asked about WF dressings...my fave regular dressing has always been ranch but the WF ranch does not please my palate...However the WF Bacon Ranch is not too bad....I have mostly used fresh lemon and black pepper on my salads and I love it....it has such a fresh taste !! The only other WF I like is the BBQ sauce, love it on chicken, beef, etc !!

Wishing everyone a 100% IP day and a wonderful Friday !!
I love watching it snow. I have the WF BBQ sauce and the cocktail sauce. I haven't had a chance to try either one of them yet, but will have to work that into my menu.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:32 AM   #7  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Talking

First mini-goal met!!!

No more maternity bluejeans!!! Even though my "baby" is 16 months old, I had refused to buy bigger jeans and kept wearing those on casual Friday at work. My first mini goal was to never wear them to work again... and this morning for the first time in almost 2 years, I am wearing my old jeans! They are snug, don't get me wrong, but they are zipped! Yahoooooo! And I am only in the middle of week two! Can't wait to see what happens next!
Old 01-07-2011, 08:38 AM   #8  
Start date 12/27/2010

S/C/G: 316/226/158

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJackson View Post
I love watching it snow. I have the WF BBQ sauce and the cocktail sauce. I haven't had a chance to try either one of them yet, but will have to work that into my menu.
I love the WF Italian dressing. And the WF Ranch dip isn't too bad either. My mom is in love with the WF Coleslaw dressing for her cabbage (coleslaw blend). She also really likes the WF Cesar dressing.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #9  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymae View Post
'Mornin' everyone!
Well heres a first. My always skinny sister hadn't seen me since I left for france 2 weeks ago. Looked at me last night and told me I was too thin!!! (this is a girl who isn't happy unless she weighs 110, which is fine, just not fine for me) but she obsesses over it A LOT.
My husband said she was just jealous. I hope not. I think she was just shocked, however she has been definitely snooping around my food packets since I started this program...
I think your husband may be correct.

Reminds me that the other day I was in town and a guy asked me if I was back for a while. Confussed for awhile until he asked me about my sister's husband and how he was doing. Then I realized he thought I was my sister who winters in Florida and the rest of the year lives here in Iowa. My sister has always been thin. I had to smile and correct him. Then I kindly told him she is seven years older than me. It was a great feeling though to know people think that her and I look a like now. Even though she is older.

A short while ago I was grocery shopping and ran into my niece. Her son called me meema. He thought I was his grandma. His grandma is the same sister that the earlier story is about. Too funny!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:23 AM   #10  

Hi Everyone,

I love reading all of your threads and find so much inspiration in your stories!
I started IP 5 weeks ago and have always gotten a little bit of a stomach ache when I have the IP food in the morning but lately after even one bite (I usually have the oatmeal or the Choc To Go Drink) I get really bad pain that will go away after about ten minutes of chugging water. I'm thinking I may be allergic to something. Any thoughts?
Old 01-07-2011, 09:25 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

UGHHHHHHH!

I WI this morning, and after an entire week back on protocol, no loss.
No inches lost either.

It's ok, maybe a couple more days will see a move in the scale. I haven't incorporated any exercise since I fell off the wagon at Christmas, so maybe I will start! I am in ketosis, as I checked this morning, just to be sure. It may have something to do with my stress level, as I am going through something right now that is a bit to handle. The only thing that matters is that I feel good, and I WILL lose! Next week is another WI....hoping for a big one.

I know, it will come.

28 days till The Bahamas!
Old 01-07-2011, 09:57 AM   #12  

Hello IPers. Had my first WI this morning down 7lbs. So one week under my belt - on to week two. This protocol is great, I haven't felt like going off plan at all, I feel great and not hungry.

Thank you to all for your encouragement and support!!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:09 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicmom734 View Post
UGHHHHHHH!

I WI this morning, and after an entire week back on protocol, no loss.
No inches lost either.

It's ok, maybe a couple more days will see a move in the scale. I haven't incorporated any exercise since I fell off the wagon at Christmas, so maybe I will start! I am in ketosis, as I checked this morning, just to be sure. It may have something to do with my stress level, as I am going through something right now that is a bit to handle. The only thing that matters is that I feel good, and I WILL lose! Next week is another WI....hoping for a big one.

I know, it will come.

28 days till The Bahamas!
I commend you for sticking to it and looking at the positives that you are gaining that aren't on the scale. i am a scale junky and find that i was only able to stay off the scale for 1 day since starting. i now wish i would have weighed myself the morning of my initial weigh in so that i would know how much i have really lost if any. I'm thinking 4 pounds but i swear that was the very first day and since then my scale at home hasn't moved an ounce...as a matter of fact it went up a pound. REALLY trying not to get discouraged but it is hard when i make my family dirty rice for dinner (which i love) and then i make myself 2 cups of spinach and 5 oz of ground beef with some wf bbq sauce. and on top of that my boyfriend says you couldn't pay me to eat what you are eating let alone make the choice to do it on my own. my response was i am making the choice to like what i see when i look in the mirror. but on the inside i was beyond deflated. consequently i was suddenly full and well didn't finish eating. IDK yesterday was a bit of an emotional thing. hoping that is a result of being on this plan and that it is just cause i am in the first week.
ANYWAY....i will be using you as inspiration to keep on keepin on!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:11 AM   #14  
1/6/14

S/C/G: 296/271/225

Default Gout

I've had a history of gout since my late 20's. Gout is typically caused by foods high in purine which results in high uric acid levels. Now most would think if you just cut out the rich foods. Unfortunately, really healthy green foods like broccoli, and some fish like Salmon seem to have high purine levels.

Anyway, I've found on the diets that emphasize in protein, I experience a lot of gout. I had hoped IP wouldn't do that. I've been walking around with gout since 12/25. I take Alapurinol for it, helps but each morning it's there. I wondered if any one else experiences gout from this diet?
Old 01-07-2011, 10:15 AM   #15  
IP with alternatives

S/C/G: 202/Ticker/140

Height: 5.4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jupiter View Post
Hello IPers. Had my first WI this morning down 7lbs. So one week under my belt - on to week two. This protocol is great, I haven't felt like going off plan at all, I feel great and not hungry.

Thank you to all for your encouragement and support!!
Good for you!
Closed Thread