Old 01-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190.4/136/140

Height: 5' 5"

Default Snacks

Hi there,
Does anyone have snacks during the day? This morning I had some cucumber, should I deduct that from my 4 cups allowed daily?
Holly
Hollmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollmark View Post
Hi there,
Does anyone have snacks during the day? This morning I had some cucumber, should I deduct that from my 4 cups allowed daily?
Holly
I would, but i hate veggies and i am struggling to find enough variety to not be gagging them all down. seems my day looks like this ...granted i'm only on the 3rd...
6:30 coffee with the ready made vanilla in it as milk
8-8:30 morning protien packet
10:30 ish i eat a big salad...that is my 2 cups for the afternoon and unlimited lettuce with WF dressing. that usually gets nursed on till noon.
12pm I eat my afternoon protein packet and usually finish off the salad (i've been doing the soup packets)
4pm i get home from work and either do some pickels or another protein packet if i really need to
6pm Dinner with meat and 2 cups of veggies (but not measuring so maybe not a full 2 cups...figured yesterday i made it up with the pickels)
8 pm-ish i have my evening snack protein (usually pudding or jello)

SOOO if you ask me...i'm just snacking all day lol but staying within the allotted amounts so feels good to me. guess i will know when i weigh in Monday night. hope that helps!
amber2beme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:35 PM   #3  

Hollmark, you do need to deduct your veggie-snacks from your daily allotment. I tend to have my veggies as snack, a well. Or, I split up a protein packet into 1/2 for breakfast and 1/2 for morning snack.
pookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 03:56 PM   #4  

Thanks Pookee,
I can't live without a snack during the day, so I'll have to deduct or have my evening snack during the day.
At the moment I am suffering from a horrible headache, I think I am in carb withdrawls. :P
Holly
Old 01-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #5  

Hi Amber2beme, snacking all day sounds good to me, but I don't know if can handle just lettce with dressing. I don't really like lettuce at the best of times, I guess I'll learn to like it.
Thanks,
H
Old 01-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #6  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Thanks Pookee,
I can't live without a snack during the day, so I'll have to deduct or have my evening snack during the day.
At the moment I am suffering from a horrible headache, I think I am in carb withdrawls. :P
Holly
You are for sure in carb withdrawals, but give it a few days and you will start to feel amazing. I started IP last March and lost 45 lbs. I have just started again on 1/1 and am down 4 lbs and already in ketosis.

Yes, you need to deduct your veggies that you are snacking on from your 4 cups, because they all have carbs and you don't want to get too many carbs. After a the first 4 to 5 days you'll discover you don't even want to snack anymore, and actually have to sometimes force yourself to eat your normal meal packets.

Good luck! IP is great!!!!!
carlasherea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 04:08 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
You are for sure in carb withdrawals, but give it a few days and you will start to feel amazing. I started IP last March and lost 45 lbs. I have just started again on 1/1 and am down 4 lbs and already in ketosis.

Yes, you need to deduct your veggies that you are snacking on from your 4 cups, because they all have carbs and you don't want to get too many carbs. After a the first 4 to 5 days you'll discover you don't even want to snack anymore, and actually have to sometimes force yourself to eat your normal meal packets.

Good luck! IP is great!!!!!
I am looking forward to the days when I don't want to snack or even eat a packet.
Thanks for the support and congrats to you for losing 45 lbs, that is awesome!
Old 01-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #8  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post
I would, but i hate veggies and i am struggling to find enough variety to not be gagging them all down. seems my day looks like this ...granted i'm only on the 3rd...
10:30 ish i eat a big salad...that is my 2 cups for the afternoon and unlimited lettuce with WF dressing. that usually gets nursed on till noon.
12pm I eat my afternoon protein packet and usually finish off the salad (i've been doing the soup packets)
4pm i get home from work and either do some pickels or another protein packet if i really need to
6pm Dinner with meat and 2 cups of veggies (but not measuring so maybe not a full 2 cups...figured yesterday i made it up with the pickels)

SOOO if you ask me...i'm just snacking all day lol but staying within the allotted amounts so feels good to me. guess i will know when i weigh in Monday night. hope that helps!
It looks like you're eating 4-5 packets/day...is this right? The recommended amount is 3 packets with a 4th if needed unless there is a specific reason you may need more (ie high start weight).

Hollmark - Hang in there, it does get easier! If you have a headache, you may need more salt and/or water. How about making yourself a large salad with 2c of veggies in it. Snack on that all day. You'll get lettuce in plus half of the veggies you need.
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber2beme View Post

sounds good! My only comment moment here..........measure your veggies it is, IMHO, very important.
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 161/143.6/124

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
It looks like you're eating 4-5 packets/day...is this right? The recommended amount is 3 packets with a 4th if needed unless there is a specific reason you may need more (ie high start weight).

Hollmark - Hang in there, it does get easier! If you have a headache, you may need more salt and/or water. How about making yourself a large salad with 2c of veggies in it. Snack on that all day. You'll get lettuce in plus half of the veggies you need.
Mamadancer,
I have been doing 4. 2 in the morning/afternoon and 2 in the afternoon/evening. My coach told me this first week i could do up to 5 a day if i have to cause of how hungry i will be. She told me that the ready made vanilla that i am putting in my coffee doesn't count towards 1 of my packets for the day cause i don't use that much. (1 of those lasted me 4 days)

Hollmark,
I don't eat just lettuce (that would be SOOOO boring!) I eat a whole thing of romaine heart lettuce, then 1 cup of a vegetable (broccoli or mushrooms) and then 1 cup of another vegetable (cucumber so far). the lettuce is really just a filler in my eyes.
amber2beme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:59 AM   #11  

Thanks for all your input...it really helps!! I appreciate all of you taking the time to fill me in on what works best for you
It's day 3 and I'm feeling awesome so far!!
No hunger yet, but I have my cucumber n lettuce set aside just in case...I'll be salad snacking all day if I have to!!
Have a great day!!
Old 01-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 216.4/175.4/169

Height: 5'7"

When I first started I would have about 1/2 a cup of cuc's in the midmorning as a snack. It was also a good way to get my salt in, I would cut them up, put them in a ziplock add some salt and shake. Now I don't bother with the snack but I do have an extra cup of coffee instead. I still feel hungry but just drink more water. I have never felt what others talk about, with the lack of interest in eating! hehe
annieann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #13  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hi there,
Holly
Hello, this diet gets much easier...now end of 4th month and starting 5th...it is second nature and I don't think about other food. If you eat veggies as a snack, definately deduct them....they are carbs. If you are really hungry...add an extra ounce or two of meat at dinner (I did in the beginning). Also I used to have my 3rd packet at 2:30 and then at 7:30 at night I would have a green tea with 1/2 a vanilla drink.

Keep it up and it will be worth it bunches
darbs7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:04 PM   #14  

Annieann I'm with you. Granted, I am only finishing up day 6, but I still have some hunger and I am able to eat my meals. Since it is cold out, I really enjoy having my vegetables sauteed in a little oil. There are days when a cold salad stares at me and I have a difficult time eating the bugger, but usually one salad a day is alright - I just mix up the vegetables so I don't get bored.
HunaWoman is offline   Reply With Quote