Old 12-27-2010, 01:33 PM   #1  
KDS
Started IP 12/28/10

S/C/G: 240/179/150

Height: 5'9

Red face new beginning?

well I am attending my initial consultation for IP today - reading some of the posts here makes me hopeful that today will be a new start for me. It will be a long road, but perhaps the support here will make things a little better along the way?

Last edited by KDS; 12-27-2010 at 01:34 PM.
KDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #2  
Taking it day by day =))

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDS View Post
well I am attending my initial consultation for IP today - reading some of the posts here makes me hopeful that today will be a new start for me. It will be a long road, but perhaps the support here will make things a little better along the way?
Best of luck with your journey & trust me when I sat that this is the best decision you could ever make for your health!! I started IP in September and am now down 65lbs and still going
By finding this site you seriously have found the greatest support group out there.... Once again good luck and I am always here for advice & of course to another fellow Albertan
AvaLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #3  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi there and welcome. You will find great support and answers to all your questions here. Be sure to read the FAQ and newbie section. Nice to meet you!
Peanuts Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #4  
Started IP 9/7/10

S/C/G: 353/200/160

Height: 5'10

You have given yourself the best gift ever! IP is truly amazing. My best advice to you as you start this journey is always be prepared and plan ahead so you don't make bad choices. And come here everyday, read all that you can, and ask for help when you need it. We are all in this together and we are here to support each other. Best wishes and good health in 2011!!
willbethin2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #5  
IP Success Story

S/C/G: 345.6 / 249 / 250

Height: 6 foot

Quote:
Welcome, IP is such a great program and this site is full of information and support to help you along your journey.
couts71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 03:39 PM   #6  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

When I first started it was just another diet, but as the days went by, I realized that my life was changing. Within the first two weeks my blood sugar had dropped a huge amount and I went from 7 insulin injections a day to two. I don't take any at this time. I still have 30 pounds to go before I know what my goal is, but I know that this time I will make it. I am in a size 8 jeans - the first time in over 40 years. The one thing about this plan that is different, you lose a lot of body fat and will wear smaller sizes than when you weighed a certain weight before. I wore a 10 the last time I weighed 125. I am 157 and wear an 8 (I wore a 22 when I started). It is fabulous knowing that I can choose to live like this my whole life (what is left of it) I am 59 years old and have made that decision for myself. Good luck with what you are wanting from this and keep coming back to this site. I couldn't have done this without everyone's support and help.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 12-27-2010 at 03:44 PM.
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 07:42 PM   #7  
KDS
Started IP 12/28/10

Default ready to go!

made it through the consult, the "grocery shopping" and a minor meltdown on the way home. Tomorrow is start day! Going through all the posts here is a little overwhelming...it will keep me busy through the first tough days I'm sure!
Old 12-27-2010, 09:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 162/ ? /130

Height: 5'3"

It is exciting to hear about people just starting out... I am starting January 3 and I can't wait!! Good luck with your first day tomorrow... I will be watching to see how it goes because my first day is just around the corner!
sweetpea2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:30 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 165.5/137/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
made it through the consult, the "grocery shopping" and a minor meltdown on the way home. Tomorrow is start day! Going through all the posts here is a little overwhelming...it will keep me busy through the first tough days I'm sure!
Yikes. A meltdown? I hope it was your child's and not yours.
Welcome. This is a great program and you will feel like you are really in control.
I know it is overwhelming to read all of the posts, but at the sametime it is motivating.
ladyvrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:54 AM   #10  
Skinny girl in training

S/C/G: H 336 Start IP 292/236/170

Height: 5'10

Hey we are at the same weight and height! Of course I've been on the plan for almost 4 months to catch up to you! LOL Anyways it will be fun to see you shrink along with me

I have to admit, since the plan is a bit pricey I went into it very cautiously. I searched the entire web to find people that failed on the diet, or complaints against Ideal Protein. In the midst of that searching I found this board. I spent several days perusing the various threads. When I began the program I had a headstart because I had read the boards.

So spend the time and read read read read, its amazing what it will do psychologically to your mindset about this plan. The plan works all you have to do is follow it
jency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:47 AM   #11  

Today is my first day, I'm so excited. This is the first day to a new and healthy me. I welcome 2011 with open arms.
smileysue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:54 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 235/lowest185/now200/160

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileysue View Post
Today is my first day, I'm so excited. This is the first day to a new and healthy me. I welcome 2011 with open arms.
Good luck with your journey ! You will be happy with your result and new you end of the year 2011. We all will
bulleriina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #13  
KDS
Started IP 12/28/10

Default Welcome smileysue!

Quote:
Nice to see you - glad you are excited!
Though I am still SO NEW to IP, the amount of advice I have (besides exploding cappaccino misshaps in the microwave) is small. What I will say is that I haven't had a single headache, dizziness, or other possible side effects yet. I will admit that on day 1 I was pretty hungry, but now it's not too bad. Look forward to losing with you!
Old 12-30-2010, 09:43 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jency View Post

I have to admit, since the plan is a bit pricey I went into it very cautiously. I searched the entire web to find people that failed on the diet, or complaints against Ideal Protein. In the midst of that searching I found this board. I spent several days perusing the various threads. When I began the program I had a headstart because I had read the boards.

So spend the time and read read read read, its amazing what it will do psychologically to your mindset about this plan. The plan works all you have to do is follow it
My experience was the same as jency - even though my hairdresser, who told me about the plan, had lost an amazing amount of weight, I was still skeptical and was looking on the internet for bad reviews. Didn't find a single one, but did find this wonderful forum.
The one big surprise was that after the first couple, three days, the carb cravings went away! I was even able to resist my glass of wine that I thought I 'needed' every evening after work. This diet is actually quite easy when you make up your mind to follow it.
During Christmas I did fall off the wagon, but even with that I saw that my eating habits had changed for the better. I am confident that when I am finished this journey I can keep the weight off.
So come back here daily to read and be inspired and of course to inspire the rest of us with your success!
kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 215/158.3/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
What a great attitude! You are going to be so glad you decided to do this. My husband and I started in June. He has lost 110 pounds and I have lost 55. We are both about 25 pounds away from our goal and are seeing such exciting results. Not only in weight loss, but in energy, less aches and pains, and better sleep patterns. Good luck on your IP adventure! If you get frustrated or tempted to cheat/quit, just come to the boards for encouragement and support.
rox824 is offline   Reply With Quote