Old 07-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #31  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2RIDEROLLERCOAST View Post
I know jello shouldn't be this hard to do... Do you like the Peach Mango drink? Have you ever combined it with the jello? I have a recipe for that somewhere.... Okay so won't answer your question on mixing, but one of these days I am going to try it. So when I made it I boiled water, put the jelly in a bowl and stirred in the water until everything dissolved. I will buy jelly next week and test it out again and get back to you...

here is the recipe if you are interested

Mango Sunrise-(Phases 1-4)

(Raspberry Flavored Gelatin)

Ingredients:

1 packet of Ideal Protein Raspberry Gelatin
1 packet of Ideal Protein Peach Mango Drink

Preparation:

Mix the Ideal Protein Raspberry Gelatin and the Ideal Protein Peach Mango Drink in a bowl. Refrigerate until solid. Will separate into 3 'Sunrise' colors. Delicious enough to serve to guests
Thanks so much 2RiderRollerCoast... I tried this and liked it so much. I'm getting ready to make it again. I tried letting it sit a little before I mixed the jelly in and then used a whip. It worked a lot easier than I remembered. I do look forward to your update after you try it again. It looks like we are working toward riding the RollerCoast together having started IP about the same time... I appreciate your help. Smile.
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 148.3/124/115

Height: 5' 1"

I use my Pampered Chef Mini Whipper....I swear by that thing for mixing jello, drinks, gravy, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
At 59 years of age and 4 kids you'd think I'd know how to make jello. Sigh... I just followed the packet instructions with the boiling water etc. It was really hard to get rid of all the little pockets of powder.

I seem to remember, some 30 years ago, a GF in the Airforce (another wife and mom) had a secret to making the process much easier and more successful. She'd let it sit for about 5 minutes first then stir... or something like that. I'm just wondering if anyone has found a way to make this a little easier for this ole fibro lady. Smile. I was amazed at how great it tasted and with my new sagging facial skin could sure use the collagen. I tried the PomBlu Drink and found it way too strong... Maybe I should use more water than called for?
Luv a Greyhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:06 AM   #33  

Default 3 or 4 on collagen days?

I just resurrected this thread, rather than starting a new one.

My coach told me on days I have the Raspberry Jelly/Jello or Blu/Cran/Pom to have that as an "extra" or 4th packet.

I've not heard others talking about that so I wanted to bring it here to get more info
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/180

Height: 5'5

I have been eating jello for the last fews weeks daily if not twice and was told it was unrestricted and no limit. I havent had any problems. I have only 3 packets a day. I was told I didnt need to add any extra packets.

Last edited by prettyone; 08-15-2012 at 09:52 AM.
prettyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 197/173/150

Height: 5'6

When I did my first round of IP, lost 30+ lbs, I had the jelly everynight as my snack.. My coach knows this and never said anything about it being limited per week.
leesa88210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:00 PM   #36  

So my question was specifically about it being a "free" 4th packet, every other day, which is how my coach worded it

Is this what others have been told?
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:54 PM   #37  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

How come we're not allowed to use the store Jello with 10 cal? What is it about the artificial sweeteners that is a big no no? I know the store one wouldn't have any benefit other than being a "treat" but I have a hard time paying $4.00 for a tiny bowl of jello... Can we use diet jellos?
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:37 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 297/297/175

Height: 5'5"

My coach told me I could have unlimited store bought Jell-o as long as it was the sugarfree kind... Too many variations! Who's right? Lol
SheenaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 02:05 AM   #39  
IP: 2/28/12-9/1/12

S/C/G: 200/155/145

Height: 5'5"/45yo

I was given a sheet with my intro packet that had the IP logo on it that stated the collagen products (raspberry jelly and cran-Granata drink) can be had every other day in phase 1 and every day in maintenance. My coach said this was in addition to the 3 packets because they are incomplete proteins, the other IP packets have all 8 amino acids, blah, blah that's when she lost me and I forgot the rest of what she said.

She caught it when I had the raspberry jelly everyday as a snack one week as 1 of my 3/day packs (I had neglected to read that sheet and she brought it to my attention).

As to the commercial sugar free jellos, they usually contain aspartame, which should be avoided as the pancreas can react to it like sugar and spike insulin production (from what I have read on this site), which can in turn revive cravings, etc. You can use Knox unflavored gelatin with some Mio (or other stevia/sucralose sweetener) and get in some cheap collagen with no aspartame.

Last edited by LizRR; 08-17-2012 at 02:07 AM.
LizRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
How come we're not allowed to use the store Jello with 10 cal? What is it about the artificial sweeteners that is a big no no? I know the store one wouldn't have any benefit other than being a "treat" but I have a hard time paying $4.00 for a tiny bowl of jello... Can we use diet jellos?
Avoid aspartame. Does that Jello have aspartame in it? I think the pancreas reacts to it like it does to sugar, and we are resting the pancreas in phase 1.

Oh...Yes....What LizRR says!

Last edited by Delgen; 08-17-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:53 PM   #41  
Started IP 4/4/2012

S/C/G: 267.8/150/150

Height: 5'5'

I have been asking collegen supplements for the past few weeks. Feel like my skin is better, still,waiting to see the "bat wings" leave, but it's only been a few weeks.
Lynnie63 is offline   Reply With Quote