Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 02:46 AM   #1  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Default IP Weekend Chat December 11 & 12, 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

_____

Review yesterday's daily chat thread - Friday, December 10th, 2010

Last edited by showgirlaz; 12-11-2010 at 02:47 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:09 AM   #2  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Default Hydration calculator

http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/health-...-be-water-wise

Takes into consideration activity and temperature.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:51 AM   #3  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/health-...-be-water-wise

Takes into consideration activity and temperature.
I checked that site. Kool!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:41 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/191/145

Height: 5'7"

Default HELP. Panicking in week 2 w/ no weight loss

(I posted this on the newbie page, but thought I'd try here too, I still have trouble trying to navigate this site. I'm a bit Chat thread illiterate.
I'm still only on week 2 so I can't have the bars yet right?

I took some melatonin and finally slept well, but am getting a bit discouraged again. I'm hoping for 3 lbs at WI at least,which is only 2 days away (lost 10 lbs week 1, woo hoo) and I keep going up and down on the scale (weighing incessantly every am etc). Was 171, now 173 this am. Argh! What th?! I'm wondering if its the torani splenda coffee syrups (0 everything) that I'm using or all the Splenda I use in my 2 cups of coffee for the day? Should I only have one cup? No flavorings? Is it because my eating schedule is messed up with work? I suddenly feel like I look like I did 10 lbs ago. Not close to that time of the month ie: water retention, so just trying to find solution. Is it due to more exercise, standing, delayed eating until late at night, maybe not enough water? Not Precise veggie measurement? Salt? Olive oil? (can you tell I'm panicking?) I've been eating lots of cucumber sticks, lettuce salads, celery. Are those too many carbs? Just not sure how to get the 2 cups measured per meal AND salad or including salad. (Sorry, my coach just keeps saying "the plan works follow it exactly". But that doesn't tell me what I'm doing wrong.)

Thanks for any tips on the way to get the ball rolling again.

I have a 3 proteins a day (week 2 so no restricteds...though my coach gave them to me and all her clients eat them the entire time, and I had a bar the other day out of frustration. Coffee x 2 cups daily, with lots of splenda use.)

HELP!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:06 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenae1968 View Post
(I posted this on the newbie page, but thought I'd try here too, I still have trouble trying to navigate this site. I'm a bit Chat thread illiterate.
I'm still only on week 2 so I can't have the bars yet right?

I took some melatonin and finally slept well, but am getting a bit discouraged again. I'm hoping for 3 lbs at WI at least,which is only 2 days away (lost 10 lbs week 1, woo hoo) and I keep going up and down on the scale (weighing incessantly every am etc). Was 171, now 173 this am. Argh! What th?! I'm wondering if its the torani splenda coffee syrups (0 everything) that I'm using or all the Splenda I use in my 2 cups of coffee for the day? Should I only have one cup? No flavorings? Is it because my eating schedule is messed up with work? I suddenly feel like I look like I did 10 lbs ago. Not close to that time of the month ie: water retention, so just trying to find solution. Is it due to more exercise, standing, delayed eating until late at night, maybe not enough water? Not Precise veggie measurement? Salt? Olive oil? (can you tell I'm panicking?) I've been eating lots of cucumber sticks, lettuce salads, celery. Are those too many carbs? Just not sure how to get the 2 cups measured per meal AND salad or including salad. (Sorry, my coach just keeps saying "the plan works follow it exactly". But that doesn't tell me what I'm doing wrong.)

Thanks for any tips on the way to get the ball rolling again.

I have a 3 proteins a day (week 2 so no restricteds...though my coach gave them to me and all her clients eat them the entire time, and I had a bar the other day out of frustration. Coffee x 2 cups daily, with lots of splenda use.)

HELP!
Slow down....take a deep breath.....you are doing fine!!!
I have used www.fitday.com as one of the tools for keeping track of my food intake. There is a free version you can download. You can input your IP foods in the custom foods category (only have to do it once). When you click on a food in the food log it will come up with all the calories, carbs, fat and protein. Then at the bottom it gives you a running total for the day!! Very helpful...I use it every day.

You should watch you intake of splenda...as 1 pkg is about 1 carb. Are you measuring your food, very important to do. Have a measuring cup handy when you are preparing your veggies then it only takes a few seconds to know exactly how much you are getting.

A lose of 10lbs the 1st week is wonderful....
Stay calm...you will do great!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 09:26 AM   #6  

Default My NSV this week!!!

Went window shopping the other day and ended up purchasing my Christmas splurge ... a beautiful gold dress jacket and the best part.....drum rollllll....SIZE 10!!!! Haven't worn a size 10 since before I was married 40 yrs ago!!!! I LOVE IDEAL PROTEIN!!!!

On a sadder note, yesterday we buried my cousin's 20 yr. old son, he was killed in an accident a week ago...take the time to tell your loved ones you love them and live every day as if it your last. We never know what tomorrow will bring.

Last edited by Journeysend; 12-11-2010 at 09:31 AM.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:35 AM   #7  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Went window shopping the other day and ended up purchasing my Christmas splurge ... a beautiful gold dress jacket and the best part.....drum rollllll....SIZE 10!!!! Haven't worn a size 10 since before I was married 40 yrs ago!!!! I LOVE IDEAL PROTEIN!!!!
Yay! Congrats on the size 10, Journeysend! Isn't it actually FUN to go shopping now, instead of being near tears in the dressing room?
Old 12-11-2010, 10:53 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amylew View Post
Yay! Congrats on the size 10, Journeysend! Isn't it actually FUN to go shopping now, instead of being near tears in the dressing room?
You bet!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 11:02 AM   #9  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

just came by to wish you all happy holidays!

Hope you stay on track and sending you hugs
Old 12-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #10  
Kimi

S/C/G: 211.5/148.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Good morning, well last night after work I was standing at the mirror and all of a sudden I felt slimmer. I have lost probably close to 15 lbs but I had felt like I was getting anywhere. So I ran to the size 14 jeans I could get them on and done up but a few more lbs before they will be comfortable to wear. All I could think of was finally.........
Old 12-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #11  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Quote:

On a sadder note, yesterday we buried my cousin's 20 yr. old son, he was killed in an accident a week ago...take the time to tell your loved ones you love them and live every day as if it your last. We never know what tomorrow will bring.
The dress jacket sounds awesome and a size 10 is fantastic! Congratulations!

So sorry to hear of your cousin's son's accident. My best friend lost her 16 year old daughter to an accident over 15 years ago and I still think of her daily. I lost a 30 year old nephew to a brain tumor a few years ago and you are so right, take the time to tell your loved ones that you love them. Life has no guarantees.
Old 12-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/191/145

Quote:
Slow down....take a deep breath.....you are doing fine!!!
I have used www.fitday.com as one of the tools for keeping track of my food intake. There is a free version you can download. You can input your IP foods in the custom foods category (only have to do it once). When you click on a food in the food log it will come up with all the calories, carbs, fat and protein. Then at the bottom it gives you a running total for the day!! Very helpful...I use it every day.

You should watch you intake of splenda...as 1 pkg is about 1 carb. Are you measuring your food, very important to do. Have a measuring cup handy when you are preparing your veggies then it only takes a few seconds to know exactly how much you are getting.

A lose of 10lbs the 1st week is wonderful....
Stay calm...you will do great!!!
Thank you journeysend! I do feel a bit better. That makes alot of sense as I was taking in ALOT of splenda. I'll try the next two days without and see what happens. Also not really measuring. I got a scale and will measure everything now, including my salt and olive oil for the day. Also monitor water intake more. I forgot about compensating for the caffeine in coffee with more water.

Here's another question. I know we can't have gum due to sugar alcohols. I'd like something for breath freshener, do those Listerine cinnamon papers have any effect? It doesn't say anything on there about sugars etc.

Also, on this fitday link I can monitor carbs, fats etc. BUT how do I know how much I'm supposed to be getting?

Thank you all so much.

aka. Freaked out Newbie
Old 12-11-2010, 11:52 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Hello Everyone!
I went to a teacher's conference on Wed. and Thu. and I was worried about staying on protocol, but it wasn't so bad. I took my packets and ate chicken, veggies and salad both days. I had my 7th WI this morning and 3 more pounds down for a total of 25. I think exercise has helped a lot too.
Have a wonderful weekend. God bless you all!!

Ana
Old 12-11-2010, 12:50 PM   #14  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Quote:
Congrtulations!!

I had a similar experience this week. I needed a top to go with a skirt I had never worn from the back of my closet. I was feeling great that the skirt fit so I braved the store to try out some tops. First blouse I tried on was a tailored medium and when I was able to not only button all the buttons with no 'gaps' but also to smooth it over my hips with style...I admit I did a little happy dance for myself in the changeroom! I ended up buying that top and another. IP is great!!
Old 12-11-2010, 01:30 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 255/245/200

Height: 5'10"

Good morning everyone (well, afternoon I guess!)

I am feeling better about today that I yesterday...I was just really frustrated with myself and definitely was "reacquainted" with my weight loss demon - my emotions.

Today, I'm back on protocol - and trying to figure out what my triggers were from yesterday and work through them.

I hope that everyone has a good weekend - I always look forward to reading the messages on the forum, they can definitely help with motivation...so thank you.
Closed Thread