Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 02:24 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Height: 5'6"

Happy Weekend everyone!

I had an NSV yesterday I want to share. Went shopping at Coldwater Creek for an outfit to wear to the Christmas party I'm going to tonight This summer, I was lamenting the fact that their size XL aka 18, was getting too snug, but the 1X was too big. I've been there several times since I started IP, and have been surprised at my new size(s) .... well, yesterday I was trying on pants (size 10s) and had to send the salesperson back for 8s .... My immediate reaction was a happy dance ... but then I started crying in the dressing room because I remember how I felt this summer and how much I hated my body. This has been an emotional journey for me ... I really had given up earlier this year and accepted that I was going to be "fat" forever.
Now, I am constantly caught off guard if I see my reflection, or my shadow.

IP has been a Godsend to me. As I get ready to enter Phase 2, I will never forget the wise words of someone on here whose signature says "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." Those are words to live by!
Old 12-11-2010, 02:29 PM   #17  
Started IP May 25,2010

S/C/G: 175/118/120

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs44 View Post
Good morning everyone (well, afternoon I guess!)

I am feeling better about today that I yesterday...I was just really frustrated with myself and definitely was "reacquainted" with my weight loss demon - my emotions.

Today, I'm back on protocol - and trying to figure out what my triggers were from yesterday and work through them.

I hope that everyone has a good weekend - I always look forward to reading the messages on the forum, they can definitely help with motivation...so thank you.
Great! I am glad to read this news before I leave for an afternoon of shopping. I responded to 3 posts early this morning on the Friday thread, yours was one of them. I was concerned about you. Have a good weekend. Judy
Old 12-11-2010, 03:06 PM   #18  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
just came by to wish you all happy holidays!

Hope you stay on track and sending you hugs
The best of the holidays to you, too. And you look lovely.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:33 PM   #19  
Love

S/C/G: 287.3/228.3/160 restartApr25

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon my lovelies.

I just wanted to say a thank-you to Judy for your reply to my post from yesterday. You made me feel a lot better.

Today is a lazy day! I stayed up late decorating my Christmas tree and wrapping presents. I just forgot to buy bows - whoops!

DH and I are having ground turkey for supper, like a Big Mac in a Bowl but with the turkey. Should be delish.

Im needing more 1000 island dressing! It is SO good! Ive used it everyday on my salads, or in the Big Mac in a Bowl.

I just realized something this morning. Even though my N95 Mask doesnt expire until 2012, I will need to be refitted! I remember someone saying if you lose weight, obviously your face shrinks and the mask won't fit right. Well when do I go back for fitting? lol! Obviously I have a lot to lose, so I bet if I keep on protocol I'll need to be refitted, what, every month? Oh dear. And scrubs! Those will be baggy soon too! I'll need to take donations soon for a new wardrobe lol jk, maybe....

Anyways, you all have a wonderful Saturday! Keep on keeping on, and take care!
xox.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:47 PM   #20  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenae1968 View Post
Thank you journeysend! I do feel a bit better. That makes alot of sense as I was taking in ALOT of splenda. I'll try the next two days without and see what happens. Also not really measuring. I got a scale and will measure everything now, including my salt and olive oil for the day. Also monitor water intake more. I forgot about compensating for the caffeine in coffee with more water.

Here's another question. I know we can't have gum due to sugar alcohols. I'd like something for breath freshener, do those Listerine cinnamon papers have any effect? It doesn't say anything on there about sugars etc.

Also, on this fitday link I can monitor carbs, fats etc. BUT how do I know how much I'm supposed to be getting?

Thank you all so much.

aka. Freaked out Newbie
Here are a couple of things that might help and you nailed it when you asked "BUT how do I know how much I'm supposed to be getting,"

First, if you can find Aletoids Smalls, they are good breath mints, totally legal, and help with the dry mouth that some people get no matter how much water they drink.

Now that you have a food scale (smart), 28.35 grams equal one ounce dry weight.

If you go to http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/search/ and enter, let's say, romaine and hit enter, it tells you that 1 cup of romaine = 47 grams, the standard USDA measurement.

Ask it to compute 2 cups and you find that that equals 16 calories, 1.16 grams protein, 3.09 g carbohydrates, 2 g fiber, 1.12 sugar and .28 grams of fat. Most people don't think fruits and vegetables have fats so they don't compute them into their daily count. And practically none of the derivative programs, like Fitday and Fitbit, calculate these fats or any of the other units beyond the decimal point. But .12s and .42s add up.

This website also tells you the mineral, vitamin, and amino acid contents in food. I have a simple spread sheet and enter the basic values (those in the paragraph above) for all the food I eat, plus magnesium and potassium, weight, and water intake. Once you enter a packet or food item the first time you can cut and paste it over and over again and so the program doesn't take much effort to keep up.

If you really want to feel confident that you know what you're eating this is the easiest way I know of keeping track. Hope this helps.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:10 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenae1968 View Post
Thank you journeysend! I do feel a bit better. That makes alot of sense as I was taking in ALOT of splenda. I'll try the next two days without and see what happens. Also not really measuring. I got a scale and will measure everything now, including my salt and olive oil for the day. Also monitor water intake more. I forgot about compensating for the caffeine in coffee with more water.

Here's another question. I know we can't have gum due to sugar alcohols. I'd like something for breath freshener, do those Listerine cinnamon papers have any effect? It doesn't say anything on there about sugars etc.

Also, on this fitday link I can monitor carbs, fats etc. BUT how do I know how much I'm supposed to be getting?

Thank you all so much.

aka. Freaked out Newbie
Hi wrenae1968! I read your question about gum. I found at Walgreens something called Great Bites. They are next to the tic tacs but they are cheaper and 0 cals, 0 carbs. They have helped me a lot with sugar cravings and as a breath refreshener. Also, you could try stevia instead of splenda. It is 0 cals 0 carbs. I buy mine as Pure Via , but you can purchase the boxes of stevia with individual packets online at www.puritanspride.com.
Best of luckk and don't get discouraged. You did excellent on week one!!!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:07 PM   #22  

Hi everyone, I'm totally new to this and started IP a week ago. I just had my first weigh-in this morning. 4 pounds down!!! I had a few rough days this last week, but now think I've gotten my food worked out.
Love this forum, everyone seems so helpful.
Everyone enjoy your weekend!
Old 12-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
just came by to wish you all happy holidays!

Hope you stay on track and sending you hugs
WoW, Elizabeth. You look great! Keep up the great work and Happy Holidays to you too.
Old 12-11-2010, 06:45 PM   #24  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Help! I am trying to find the BigMac in a bowl recipe. I've searched it with no results under recipes. Maybe I'm doing something wrong....Would someone please advise where I can find this recipe? I really appreciate it.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

Happy weekend !! ....100% day today...

Had my pre-op tests yesterday, downed my protein shake soon as the blood was drawn...by lunch I was getting a 'hunger' headache...We went out to eat and the best choice on the menu was soup and salad....I had salad w just lemon and minestrone soup...I picked out all the pasta shells and the few beans I spotted....my headache was gone instantly...I am nervous now that the soup was too far OFF protocol....OH WELL..i did the best I could and hope it didn't mess me up too much....We Shall See Tuesday!!

Hope you're all having a great weekend....
Old 12-11-2010, 07:31 PM   #26  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane49 View Post
Happy weekend !! ....100% day today...

Had my pre-op tests yesterday, downed my protein shake soon as the blood was drawn...by lunch I was getting a 'hunger' headache...We went out to eat and the best choice on the menu was soup and salad....I had salad w just lemon and minestrone soup...I picked out all the pasta shells and the few beans I spotted....my headache was gone instantly...I am nervous now that the soup was too far OFF protocol....OH WELL..i did the best I could and hope it didn't mess me up too much....
Good luck with both the operation and the recuperation. I suspect the reason you lost your headache is because of all the salt (which you must have needed) in the soup. And vegetarian minestrone has about 14 grams of carbs -- equal to one bar. You should be fine.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:32 PM   #27  
Pat R

S/C/G: 219/209/175

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Aloha Pat! (hawndragon) Are you from Hawaii as well?
Sorry, I can't help you with the Alternative Protocol but, I'm sure there's lots of people on here that can help. I just wanted to say, "Aloha" and welcome to the bestest site ever!! I too just started a few weeks ago. Nov. 16th to be exact. I have lost 17.4 pounds so far and I'm looking forward to losing a whole lot more. The IP program has been a life saver and I know it will be for you as well. Be strong and it will go by fast.

Aloha Phatlocalgirlnomore,

I just now noticed your post from the 7th. Sorry I didn't reply earlier.
Yes, I was born and raised on Oahu, mostly Aiea and the Leeward side.
Currently live in Washington state.

Monday is my 1st WI and I am so excited. Been following the Alt. Protocal and have been hanging in there. So far so good.

I love this site and have been trying to read past posts and get familiar with people. "EatAnts" and "Carla" are so wise and helpful as are many of the other regulars. I am filled with inspiration everytime I read on.

Can't wait to see and share my results on Monday. Hope you are having a wonderful Maui weekend.
Aloha~
Old 12-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #28  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyalbani View Post
Hi everyone, I'm totally new to this and started IP a week ago. I just had my first weigh-in this morning. 4 pounds down!!! I had a few rough days this last week, but now think I've gotten my food worked out.
WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME.
Old 12-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 187/157/160-revised to 150

Height: 66"

..Thank you Linden !!!
YAY...I got a pic up...( I am not a computer whiz)...This is my holding my grandson last December !! One of my fave pics !!

WELCOME NEWBIES...I am 19 days on IP now and it is a great program....Lots of helpful hints here !! Be determined and you will do fine !!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:44 PM   #30  
started IP 11/21/2010

S/C/G: 175/155/140

Height: 5'4

ugh...i was so unmotivated today.

I didnt cheat, but its like im never hungry.
I had to force feed myself all my food today. Just didnt feel hungry.

so far i'm down 10 pounds, but i feel like i cant even tell i lost anything.
im hoping to be down another 3 pounds on WI # 3 this tuesday.

I REALLY hope so because i need to be snapped out of this mood.

errr....

i hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!
Closed Thread