Old 11-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #16  
Getting it Done!

S/C/G: 177/138/140

Height: 5'-3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinnleigh View Post
Heh, the only problem is that I have to make and eat my lunches at work. Doesn't help that I work with a bunch of nurses.
I'm a social and habitual eater. I think that's the hardest part for me. AND my desk is right next to the kitchen.
Hi Cinnleigh, and WELCOME!
I started IP in April and after losing 41 pounds, I am now in Phase 4. I can tell you that this is not a diet as much as it is a meal program. When people asked me about it I told them "its a medically monitored meal program that is addressing a number of my current and future health concerns". This pretty much shuts them down because they understand you are doing the right thing for the right reasons. If people really pressed me, I would say, "it's a low carb, low fat diet, with a carefully regulated protein intake to protect my muscles and organs. It's FDA approved for safe weight loss." And then I'd be done talking about it.

Making lunch at work: this will take you a week or two to get your new "processes" down, but then it will be easy. Make your salad ahead of time, and bring some veggies to steam in the microwave and have a bar or a shake for dessert. Can't look much more "normal" or "healthy" than that, even to a nurse!

I hear ya about the social eating, and I can tell you a big part of IP is changing those kinds of habits, not just for the time it takes you to lose the weight, but forever. This WILL be the last diet you are ever on, IF you truly commit to going through phases 1-3 and then staying on Phase 4 for the rest of your life. This allows you one cheat day a week, and a well balanced eating plan for 6 days a week. If you can truly commit to that, then you will get this weight off and keep it off, forever! GOOD LUCK!
Rocky Monarch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 01:05 AM   #17  
on IP since 10/4/10

S/C/G: 200/168/165

Height: 5'9"

Welcome this forum is very encouraging. I've been on the program for just over 5 weeks now and down 17 lbs! I have low estrogen and haven't been able to lose weight on any other diet, so yay! Hollar if you have any questions or concerns, the message boards are super helpul!
queenmimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 06:18 AM   #18  
Started 9/25/10

S/C/G: 310 / 252 / 210

Height: 5'9"

Illegitimi non carborundum

Do it for yourself. No diet is perfect, most typical ones lose a lot of muscle from starvation. Low carb diets can be bad if you over-do it on protein. The diet is very manageable and you'll start feeling better in the first week.
tedski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 10:51 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 178/134/137

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Hey all. I'm new here and new to IP. I'm here looking for some IP support.

I'm 27, 5'6" and roughly 271 lbs. I have one daughter and have been unable to conceive another child even with drugs to help. I have PCOS which is made worse from my weight. This combined with the fact that I can't really play with my kid because it's hard to move meant that I needed to do something.

A friend of mine started IP and just recently told us about it. He has lost 55 lbs in 8 weeks. Seeing his success makes me think that I can succeed as well so I went and signed up. Now I'm starting to hear all the comments about how I'm going to make myself sick, I'm going to ruin my hair and nails, I'm going to ruin my insides, etc.

How do you all survive this? My family is 150% supportive, but nobody else is. They keep telling me what an unhealthy choice I am making. Combine that with the impending holidays and man oh man am I having a difficult time.
I know exactly how you feel. I have friends and family that are super supportive then ones that aren't. Some of them have come around as I am now in maintenance but some haven't. I have found that the ones that are criticizing either have never had a weight problem or do and don't want you to do good cause they feel bad about themselves. One of my best friends keeps talking to my other friends telling her that I must be having a life crisis and I am getting to skinny and have no food in my house. Yadda, yadda What ever I have tons of veggies and healthy foods in my house, no cream and super fatty foods in my house. I feel better then I have in my entire life, I have been on diets my entire life. Weight Watchers at the age of 10. This way of eating has finally made me discover that I am super carb sensitive, I have never felt great after eating potatoes, pasta etc... but didn't really even realize it. I was always, always tired and now I have tons of energy!!! I feel so blessed that I found IP and learned how to eat a healthy way for me! It is not for everyone but it is for some of us. I agree with the other posts just tell them you are on a healthy eating plan and losing weight. The ones that you trust can know totally what you are doing. But please don't give up!!!! Do this for yourself and your family!!! I wish I could give you a real hug!
mbswainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:06 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
Hi Cinnleigh, and WELCOME!
I started IP in April and after losing 41 pounds, I am now in Phase 4. I can tell you that this is not a diet as much as it is a meal program. When people asked me about it I told them "its a medically monitored meal program that is addressing a number of my current and future health concerns". This pretty much shuts them down because they understand you are doing the right thing for the right reasons. If people really pressed me, I would say, "it's a low carb, low fat diet, with a carefully regulated protein intake to protect my muscles and organs. It's FDA approved for safe weight loss." And then I'd be done talking about it.
!
Hey RM...I LOVE....LOVE...LOVE how you put this, if you don't mind I am going to use this quote when people ask me what IP is!!!!!

Gaile
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Quote:
Hey all. I'm new here and new to IP. I'm here looking for some IP support.

I'm 27, 5'6" and roughly 271 lbs. I have one daughter and have been unable to conceive another child even with drugs to help. I have PCOS which is made worse from my weight. This combined with the fact that I can't really play with my kid because it's hard to move meant that I needed to do something.

A friend of mine started IP and just recently told us about it. He has lost 55 lbs in 8 weeks. Seeing his success makes me think that I can succeed as well so I went and signed up. Now I'm starting to hear all the comments about how I'm going to make myself sick, I'm going to ruin my hair and nails, I'm going to ruin my insides, etc.

How do you all survive this? My family is 150% supportive, but nobody else is. They keep telling me what an unhealthy choice I am making. Combine that with the impending holidays and man oh man am I having a difficult time.
Hey Cinnleigh...1st of all This is the place to be for tons of IP info, support and friendship from all of us here. I have found this forum to be the MOST IMPORTANT TOOL for being successful with IP eating program. Please invest time to go through the different "stickies" and threads, there is soo much to learn. Come to the Daily Chat...we are here to celebrate, encourage, and support each other. You can do this
Gaile

Last edited by Journeysend; 11-11-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Journeysend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 10:33 AM   #22  

Height: 5'10

Cinnleigh-

I was in the same boat as you were 7 months ago! I started out at 260lbs and now I am at 175 and everyone at my work place was always like, yah I have heard of that its hard on your body, it is not healthy, your going to gain it back blah blah blah.

Do not let them bring you down! You have to believe in yourself, only you can decide if you want to take this journey or not and trust me the payoffs are HUGE when on this diet. Take one day at a time you will not be disappointed! If you follow step by step of what your DR is telling you, you WILL see results trust me and when you do start seeing the big results in a few weeks the people that were bringing you down and telling you such negative things will come around and tell you how wonderful your looking. The reason I say that is because I too heard the same exact thing and now everyone is complimenting me or pissed because I have succeeded in what I set out to do. Good luck on your new adventure, your going to do fantastic!
jamiblenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:07 PM   #23  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by darbs7 View Post

To quote the one gentlemen on this website....

The skeptics can kiss my steadily shrinking backside....gotta love it!
I've been accused of being a gentleman before. I can assure you that's simply not the case.

The best thing you can do is stop caring what others think or say -- whether to your face or behind your back, as that's a really paranoid way to live. I'm on IP because I want to change. I'm doing it for me. There are others, like my wife and children, who will benefit from what I'm doing. I have more energy, can be more active, and hopefully will be around a few years longer than I would have if I'd kept up my old habits. So ferrets and goats beware.

When you've lost 135 lbs., people notice! Everyone notices! And everyone is curious. They ask questions. They're skeptical. But I'm living, breathing, moving proof that IP works. And now I have their attention...even the skeptics. They're still welcome, of course, to pucker up and smooch away!
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #24  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
When you've lost 135 lbs., people notice! Everyone notices! And everyone is curious. They ask questions. They're skeptical. But I'm living, breathing, moving proof that IP works. And now I have their attention...even the skeptics. They're still welcome, of course, to pucker up and smooch away!
Have you considered posting progress pictures? Your loss has been amazing and a great inspiration.
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:06 PM   #25  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
Have you considered posting progress pictures? Your loss has been amazing and a great inspiration.
PLEASE? in a speedo, of course.
the wonder cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 08:49 PM   #26  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post
I third the request! But not necessarily in a speedo. Just some nice jeans. :-)
Mrs Diettrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:48 PM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamadancer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
I third the request! But not necessarily in a speedo. Just some nice jeans. :-)
He has posted progress pictures, but nothing recent. Use your search ninja skills and you'll find them fairly quickly. There's a clue on where to look in the first post of every chat thread.

You can post in the thread where they're located to have it show at the top for more people to see!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 11-14-2010 at 09:34 AM.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:33 AM   #28  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
He has posted progress pictures, but nothing recent. Use your search ninja skills and you'll find them fairly quickly. There's a clue on where to look in the first post of every chat thread.

You can post in the thread where they're located to have it show a the top for more people to see!
Found the pics. Lookin' good salesgod!
Mamadancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:53 AM   #29  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Quote:
Heh, the only problem is that I have to make and eat my lunches at work. Doesn't help that I work with a bunch of nurses.

I'm a social and habitual eater. I think that's the hardest part for me. AND my desk is right next to the kitchen.
I am a social and habitual eater, too. I love and am addicted to food. I came to this diet with a history of bulimia, diabetes - insulin dependent, high blood pressure, 145 pounds overweight, and I had so much pain I could hardly walk. I started 1 pound heavier than you did, but a lot older than you. When I was 27 I was overweight and without all of the above health issues. Because I had always lost and regained, the health problems continued to increase. I have lost over 100 pounds in 6 month - you can, too. Not only has my weight went down, but my health issues have decreased. I am barely on insulin, I have cut out one of my blood pressure pills, I had surgery to correct a disc in my neck and I can walk, run, and jump (I had to lose some weight first), and I am learning a new way to eat. People all have their opinions and want to share them. When people who have opinions share them with me, I just smile because I know the truth. This diet has saved my life and some people I choose to share that with and others I don't. It can save yours, too - do this plan now and don't wait until you are 59 years old. Get motivated and don't worry about what people think!

Last edited by rosemary2612; 11-14-2010 at 08:56 AM.
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote