Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2010, 05:13 AM   #1  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Default IP Daily Chat - Thur. 4 Nov. 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You
Old 11-04-2010, 06:24 AM   #2  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich View Post
It's days like today when I'm forcefeeding myself veggies at night (ate eggs for breakfast) that I wonder why we HAVE to eat veggies. I wasn't even hungry for them - I had my chocolate drink and made myself eat cauliflower fried rice... Generally I don't mind, but tonight I just wasn't even hungry! But I weigh in tomorrow and didn't want to screw it up the night before... Back to my water... :-)
Wonder and just keep eating your veggies -- lots of minerals in the most bio-available format. And, as I said to a friend when she asked why she had to eat so many vegetables and if she wasn't hungry could she skip some of them, "Sure, if you like being constipated."

---
I'm holding steady on Phase 3-ish.

Sheila the full thread recaps must take you quite a while to create. For what it's worth, for the brief period I did the recaps, I only covered major stuff (Onederland, GOALLLLL!, etc) and new members posted before 10 pm EST and then the posts after 10 pm.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 11-04-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 07:30 AM   #3  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all. I leave for Colorado tomorrow for an unknown period of time--though I'm hoping it will only be a week and a half or so. I'm taking my car in to have the brakes replaced this morning so it is ready for the trip, but I have done nothing in the way of packing other than making sure I have plenty of IP packets! I guess you could say I have my priorities straight! It's going to be a crazy day!

I don't know how much I'll make it the the message boards, if at all, while I'm traveling so, congratulations on all the good work you'll be doing and don't worry about the weeks when the loss is slower. It will happen!
Old 11-04-2010, 07:43 AM   #4  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Have a safe trip, Marion. Good luck with your parents, too.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Default 30 lbs in 8 Weeks

Good Morning IPers,
Haven't posted much in awhile, but I have been "lurking". Lots of newbies - Welcome to a great support and motivating site. I have been on the program for almost 2 months and have lost 30 lbs - something I have found to be just amazing. However, after two months I often find I am just plain bored out of my mind. I feel if I eat another pudding or green vegetable, I am to ...... Well, you get my drift. I tell myself this is just a short-term program and in a couple of months, I will move onto Phase 2 with a little more variety. But the here and now, sometimes seems hard. I know there are people who have been on IP much longer than me. I would appreciate any insight or suggestions you may have.
Thanks,
Old 11-04-2010, 09:10 AM   #6  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone!!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:10 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 240/200/170

Height: 5'7"

Talking love ideal protein

i weighed in yesterday and i'm another 3 lbs loss...
i am now down 21.5 lbs and a full cloth size...
i have so much hope and for the first time in along
time i can really see me losing this weight and getting
healthy...
when your over weight you have a 30 % bigger risk at
getting cancer..i want that 30% to go away...
i'm so excited to see what the next few months brings.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 196.8/152.2/130

Height: 5"0'

Morning everyone! Not much to say but wanted to wish everyone a great day!!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:20 AM   #9  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Hip hip HORRAY! The scale finally moved 2 lbs after holding steady for a WHOLE week! Ugh! Of course it was moving week. Stress anyone?!?! I am getting close to ONEderland! I'm so excited! I can't even remember when I was there before!

SF syrups....I own 5 or 6.....LOVE! I add different flavors to my choc or mocha shakes in the mornings.....mmmmm, mix it up! I have also added the hazelnut to the choc pudding....oh my! It is like Nutella! Mmmmmmm.

G6- too funny....but what I find even funnier is: I like the song...it is catchy, I always crank it up. But, I always wondered why a Pontiac G6 would be so "fly". Thinking, I'm not rich but I could own one if I wanted. Now, I get it. A jet. Duh.......and I have an advanced degree !!!!! Lol!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:50 AM   #10  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemel View Post
Good Morning IPers,
Haven't posted much in awhile, but I have been "lurking". Lots of newbies - Welcome to a great support and motivating site. I have been on the program for almost 2 months and have lost 30 lbs - something I have found to be just amazing. However, after two months I often find I am just plain bored out of my mind. I feel if I eat another pudding or green vegetable, I am to ...... Well, you get my drift. I tell myself this is just a short-term program and in a couple of months, I will move onto Phase 2 with a little more variety. But the here and now, sometimes seems hard. I know there are people who have been on IP much longer than me. I would appreciate any insight or suggestions you may have.
Thanks,

I agree that the food gets boring after a while-I'm struggling with it myself. My only suggestion is to look through the recipe threads for something new and interesting and also take the ideas in these posts of adding spices and syrups to puddings and drinks to change them up a bit.
Also, keep reminding yourself of your amazing progress! That is a great motivator to work through the boredom.
Old 11-04-2010, 09:54 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 201/147/155

Height: 5"9

Good morning all! Not much to report on today, just a sleepy, rainy day. Hope everyone has a great one!
Old 11-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 216/206/168

Height: 5'5

Good Morning everyone-- hard to post things as i havent started yet but i did borrow an IP notebook from a friend! looks like i'm going to be actually eating more than i do now bc i have a habit of skipping meals and eating only dinner or only lunch! Im so excited to start shedding the pounds and look like the woman i feel like I am on the inside!
Old 11-04-2010, 10:31 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/159/140

Height: 5'3" started IP Sept 13/2010

Sweet surprise last night. Hubby brought home what I thought was a dozen red roses...turned out there was 18 (I have lost 18lbs) He said it was not because of that but the coincidence was nice

NSV New bra 38 D old Bra 40DD.

Nice to feel the body changin! Have a great day today
Old 11-04-2010, 10:44 AM   #14  
Sandy

S/C/G: 188/154/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciebelle View Post
Sweet surprise last night. Hubby brought home what I thought was a dozen red roses...turned out there was 18 (I have lost 18lbs) He said it was not because of that but the coincidence was nice

NSV New bra 38 D old Bra 40DD.

Nice to feel the body changin! Have a great day today
That's was a nice thing for him to do.....congrats on the NSV!!!!
Old 11-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #15  
Re-Start 8/6/2012

S/C/G: 202/152/155

Height: 5'7

Morning everyone!! Its cold and frosty here today. Makes you want to stay in jammies all day!

So, day 2 and yesterday I had a really hard time choking down the food. It tastes like diet food! I dont know what I expected, but I hope it gets better. Did anyone else have this problem??

One questions - Dill Pickles?? Really?? I can eat them on plan??? Its very strange for me to watch the fat/carb/sugar amount on labels instead of the sodium. Its been beaten into my head!!! Anyways - hope eveyone has a great day!

Ps. Ciebelle, as a "forever chesty" girl myself, I CANNOT WAIT to buy a different size bra!!! Congrats!!!
Closed Thread