Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 187/152/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
Yikes Linden! What a mess to clean up! My fat cat (in my pic) always jumps on my lap at the most inconvenient times. When I want her to come over and I'll pet her, she just turns her head and sighs.
I have a fat cat that does things like that! My favorite, was leaving my chat open and Pumpkin walking on the keyboard and typing to my friends! :P
Old 10-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 217/203/140

Height: 5'3

Grr on the Bra front I just unloaded my very expensive to small bra's 4 months ago-- but now I could use them, Not sure how to maintain the clothing -- I'm loosing so fast that I can't see buying as I go-- but I culled out a tremendous amount of clothes 4-6 monthes ago--- Belts, will now be my friend-- if my pants only had belt loops!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgiraultRPh View Post
Grr on the Bra front I just unloaded my very expensive to small bra's 4 months ago-- but now I could use them, Not sure how to maintain the clothing -- I'm loosing so fast that I can't see buying as I go-- but I culled out a tremendous amount of clothes 4-6 monthes ago--- Belts, will now be my friend-- if my pants only had belt loops!!!
I swear by quality thrift shops and consignment shops. I also wore (and actually still prefer) skirts and dresses. As for the bras - look on the clearance racks at the discount stores like Wal-Mart.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:29 PM   #49  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Weigh in this morning... down 3.1 pounds! That means, I'm out of the 230's--though barely and I met my goal for the Halloween challenge!!!

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy. I'm thinking about what I want to set as my next goal...

Have a great day everyone!
Congrats Marionm!
Old 10-27-2010, 04:34 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paygirl View Post
OMG-I am so jealous!!!!!! YEAH FOR YOU!!!
Thanks paygirl, but don't be jealous; you can do it also!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Sheshie View Post
Hurrah!!!.. so glad you're off & running again!.. I'll soon be joining you, got my new running shoes yesterday... I'm gonna start off slow, walking & jogging, since it's been about 25 years since I last ran for exercise... today & the rest of the week, I'm just gonna try them out walking & jogging around my yard (it's pretty big), then next week I'll head for the park... can't wait to try out the trails there...

I probably won't be wearing any itty bitty running tights, though!.. bet you look FABULOUS in yours!.. way to go!..

hugs

Hours later, I'm still feeling great! Those "feel good" chemicals definitely come out in droves when I run (for me at least).

Did you decide on regular running shoes? Or trail running ones? Definitely start off slow. Months and months and months ago when I first started, I walked at a regular pace, then sped up, then regular pace, sped up... Next progression was to a slow walking warm up, fast walking pace and then slow cool down. Then on to; walk, wog, walk, wog, walk. (WOG = slow jogging pace). Then I made it to; walk to warm up, jog and then walk to cool down. Next, jogging. And now full fledge running. Yippee!!!!

Don't rush it or push it. Go slow and gradually increase your distance and then pace. I've always told myself it's more important to focus on the distance (and simply just the act of getting out there) then to be concerned with speed (which will come in time). Regardless of where you're at (walking, wogging, jogging, running) only do it 3-4 times a week. Just like with any type of cardio or strength training activity, you have to give your body time to recover.

Trail running is a blast!!! If you're running on a well maintained trail, there's really no need to worry about falling (just stay on the maintained trails; don't go off singletracking it). Also, running on dirt is much easier on the joints than running on pavement. So even if you can't get out on the real dirt on the trails, if there's grass along the sidewalk - run on the grass if possible. For you running around the yard is great - especially since you'll already know the terrain.

As you're just starting off, if you want to incorporate an upper body workout at the same time, try walking with Nordic poles (or simply use old ski poles). The motion is the same as when you use your Nordic Track system.

Have fun out there!!! Before you know it, you'll be hooked!

And to those of you who are wanting to exercise, but not quite sure about it, try walking. Even if you only go for 10 minutes (at a slow pace), it's something to build upon. Personally for me, I know exercising is just as important for my body as limiting my carbs will be - FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. Years ago, when I was "regular" sized, I ran, biked, exercised on a regular basis. When I stopped, the weight quickly piled on. Yes, there were other "stuff" involved in my gaining weight (tons of junk food, divorce, undiagnosed thyroid issues...). Anyways, I personally believe in exercising and congratulate those who do it.

*** Feel like I need to make a disclaimer here: I started exercising prior to beginning to follow the IP protocol. I haven't had any problems with it (aside from my pulled hamstring - which wasn't protocol related). But... I know there are those out there who strongly advocate against any form of exercising while in phases 1 and 2. Everyone needs to do what is appropriate for their body and health. Talk with your coach or doctor, get their thoughts and then decide for yourself. (ps: I don't have a coach and don't use IP products - but I do follow the protocol - which IMHO doesn't make a difference in this issue). Also, check out the exercise thread as Elizabeth and others have posted some wonderful articles about exercising and about keeping your target heart rate within specific boundaries to maximize your efforts while not kicking yourself out of ketosis.

Anyways, walking is a great activity and easy to do.

Last edited by makeitmatter; 10-27-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:47 PM   #51  
Start date: August 19/10

S/C/G: 229/163/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyh View Post
Have a question for anyone who wants to answer. Yesterday I went to lunch and had small hamburger patty plain,and my veggies - but the only salad available was really yucky looking, so I passed. Last night after I got in from the barn I fixed my steamed veggies, IP chicken soup and forgot about the salad. Just wondering how important of a role the salad plays - I did not feel hungry for lack of food? Do I need to make sure I eat the lettuce? Just wondering....
My coach insists on the lettuce because some people will not lose as much weight without it-I'm one of those. The weeks where I have slacked off were noticable.

My coach sells the packets by the box but I can mix up what is in it. I usually make up a box of different one-a-days and a box of drinks or puddings.
calebs grandma Try the crepes again but add 2 egg whites to the batter. The egg whites won't hurt anything but they certainly hold the crepes together and make them much tastier.

Last edited by Mamadancer; 10-27-2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileylisa View Post
One of the best piece of advise I have learned and have now accepted: "Throw your scale away" . Some people get in a habit of getting on the scale 10 times a day which can be disappointing if you don't see the loss. We can sabotage our selves this way.

Just a friendly tip I am passing on, it may help you feel more at ease and not a prisoner of the dreaded scale!
Have a great day everyone.
I am so happy I was given this web site from my IP coach.
Hi Lisa!
I had my hubby hide the scale my 2nd week for just that reason - every time I was in the bathroom I jump on it. Crazy!
I still go on my Wii, but that is only about 3 times a week. Much more manageable.
I noticed that we are about the same stats. I started on Sep 20th and was down 21 lbs as of yesterday's WI. Have a terrific week!
Old 10-27-2010, 04:56 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 219.9/168.7/169.0

Height: 5'9"

natchamp so sorry to hear about your Mom... I agree you seem to have a good plan with your coach and you will break thru that block so just hang in there..

well today was my WI and I'm down 3 so really happy with that.. Monday I bought 3 new shirts in a medium.. just kept looking at the size tag because me and medium have never been in the same world.. I have started Phase 2 today and am somewhat nervous but think I have prepped enough for it..

congrats to all the losers and those that may not have lost but won in the life of believing in themselves and continuing on... thanks again for being here it just makes such a difference!!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhondaLynn View Post
No one has said it yet, but I will !

Congratulations kaarin !! Good job!
Thanks Rhonda! Hey, where have you been lately? Hope you are doing well!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:01 PM   #55  

Congrats, Brenley!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #56  

I totally get the frustration mixed with excitement as the clothes get too big to wear. This morning I was going to wear a fall suit that I have that used to be a little too snug last year. I did wear it once almost a month ago for the first time this year and it fit comfortably for the first time ever. This morning I put it on and laughed in the mirror at myself - I was swimming in the pants and because of the inches I've lost up top the sleeves are too long too. What a difference 3-4 weeks makes!!!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:23 PM   #57  
Soon to be 1 hot chic!

S/C/G: 206/177/135

Height: 5'0"

Hi everyone. I have been on IP for nearly 4 mths now and I have been reading everyones suggestions, recipes and inspirations. I just want to say thanks for all the helpful information!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #58  
maintaining as of 6/1/11!

S/C/G: 213.2/143/145

Height: 5'2" - size 2-4!

So here it is, the day before WI #3 and already I can feel the nerves rise in my stomach. What if I'm up? What if it's not enough? I stayed on plan, I didn't cheat, I just wish I could get it through my head that it's okay, no matter what happens. I want to trust my body that it's doing what it should be doing. I think it comes from (prior to IP) getting on the scale and it was always up. Taking pregnancy tests and they're never positive. I almost feel like if I want it too much, it won't happen.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:10 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Ok, I'm tickled pink today as WI another 4.5 for the week. Made up for last couple of WIs and hopefully next week I can move right along. Trying to get to Phase 2 by Thanksgiving because I think holidays would be more doable. And starting to manage the big C with the mag citrate swig although my coach said "Don't drink that yucky stuff" LOL Whatever works I think.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:30 PM   #60  
Started IP 6/23/10

S/C/G: 236.6/193/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
I swear by quality thrift shops and consignment shops. I also wore (and actually still prefer) skirts and dresses. As for the bras - look on the clearance racks at the discount stores like Wal-Mart.
Unfortunately Walmart doesn't sell 36H. Half way to my goal and they get small enough to have to buy new bras, but the bra still cost $80 at that size. BF doesn't see the problem. I should make him pay for the bra and the reduction too if the diet doesn't start doing something about it.
Closed Thread