Sat Fat 0
Trans Fat 0
Polyunsat Fat 1g
Monounsat Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 65 mg
Total Carbs less than 1g
Protein 0

Didn't want to wait for WF Mayo order plus the reviews haven't been that great on WF Mayo so I was curious about this I found in my local grocery store. Thanks for your help!
msren10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 04:19 PM   #2  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by msren10 View Post
Spectrum Naturals Eggless Vegan Light Canola Mayo 68% less fat

Serv Size 1 tbsp
Calories 35 Fat Calories 30
Total Fat 3.5 g
Sat Fat 0
Trans Fat 0
Polyunsat Fat 1g
Monounsat Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 0
Sodium 65 mg
Total Carbs less than 1g
Protein 0

Didn't want to wait for WF Mayo order plus the reviews haven't been that great on WF Mayo so I was curious about this I found in my local grocery store. Thanks for your help!
Officially, it is not ok to use unless it is 0 fat, 0 carb, 0 sugar.

It is also hard to tell without more of an ingredients list.

Unofficially, if used occasionally and kept to the serving size AND there is nothing hiding in the ingredients list that is a problem, it wouldn't be an issue for me. It is not likely to pull you from ketosis, it is a modest increase in calories, and it is less that using more olive oil in your day. If you used it sparingly and occasionally I don't see a problem.

Just be aware that I tend to err on the side of real food over chemically food that can claim zero anything. WF has a lot of chemicals in it to be able to claim it offers nothing of calorie or nutrition value. I personally don't prefer that. Given that I don't use mayo more than once a week, given that I am allowed a bit of healthy oil, and given that I could make my own mayo from a healthy oil and tofu or eggs, I am not inclined to say a healthy alternative is a bad thing if kept in moderation.

Hopeful some other people will share their opinions so, you have a better feedback!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/143.5/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Officially, it is not ok to use unless it is 0 fat, 0 carb, 0 sugar.

It is also hard to tell without more of an ingredients list.

Unofficially, if used occasionally and kept to the serving size AND there is nothing hiding in the ingredients list that is a problem, it wouldn't be an issue for me. It is not likely to pull you from ketosis, it is a modest increase in calories, and it is less that using more olive oil in your day. If you used it sparingly and occasionally I don't see a problem.

Just be aware that I tend to err on the side of real food over chemically food that can claim zero anything. WF has a lot of chemicals in it to be able to claim it offers nothing of calorie or nutrition value. I personally don't prefer that. Given that I don't use mayo more than once a week, given that I am allowed a bit of healthy oil, and given that I could make my own mayo from a healthy oil and tofu or eggs, I am not inclined to say a healthy alternative is a bad thing if kept in moderation.

Hopeful some other people will share their opinions so, you have a better feedback!
Thanks for the response! If it helps, the ingredients are as follows:

Filtered Water, expeller pressed canola oil, cornstarch, distilled white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, soy protein isolate, lemon juice concentrate, xanthan gum, onion powder, natural vitamin E mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract, mustard oil, tumeric extract, extractives of paprika.
msren10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 05:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by msren10 View Post
Thanks for the response! If it helps, the ingredients are as follows:

Filtered Water, expeller pressed canola oil, cornstarch, distilled white vinegar, apple cider vinegar, sea salt, soy protein isolate, lemon juice concentrate, xanthan gum, onion powder, natural vitamin E mixed tocopherols, rosemary extract, mustard oil, tumeric extract, extractives of paprika.
Cornstarch and onion powder are hidden carbs.
Carbs don't have to be reported accurately.
According to labeling laws, if a product offers 0g to .499 g carbs per serving they can report 0g carbs.
If a product offers .5g to .999 grams carbs it can be called .5g carbs on the label.
Anything above .999g carbs per serving must be reported as 1g.
The law allows them to round down.

Just know that there are elements in this that could count as carbs if you were using large enough quantities.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 10-19-2010 at 06:00 PM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote