Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 07:13 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Thurs. 7 Oct 2010

Welcome and welcome back to the Daily Chat thread -- introduce yourself, post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-Scale Victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have
  • been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days
  • AND
  • posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum.
When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread
for more information and instructions.

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. More information is here in this Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Have a terrific day!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:55 AM   #2  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

So, as of today (unofficial weigh-in) I am down 50.5... Hello new vehicle, thank you Brandon!!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:09 AM   #3  

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all....well today is my W.I. ..... i've been kind of stuck in the last couple of weeks...things are not moving as they should and it's bringing me down and with thanksgiving this weekend along with a 50th anniversary...and the rest of the month is just crazy...so i'm facing many challenges. I think it's time for me to work out again and maybe that will help!!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 177.4 / 143.2 / 135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
So, as of today (unofficial weigh-in) I am down 50.5... Hello new vehicle, thank you Brandon!!
WOOHOO!! That's awesome!
Old 10-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #5  
Began IP 8-18-10

S/C/G: 179.7/152.9/130

Height: 5'3'

Well I was only down 1.7 for Week 7. Kind of bummed! I hate weighing in the late afternoon after all the water all day and the food! So wish I could weigh in the morning, but I have this thing called a job...UUGH
Old 10-07-2010, 09:00 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Good morning!

I so understand what you mean about weighing in at the end of the day! Totally depressing at times! However, I know what my first morning weight was that day, so I don't worry too much about the scale at the clinic...

Hope everyone is doing well! I feel pretty good.. have some issues right now iwth the dreaded "big C".. however, milk of magnesia is my friend.. (gross, icky icky)

Busy weekend coming up for Canadians! Thanksgiving, going xmas shopping, my daughters' birthday, and our local Fall Fair! Crazy! Wish me good will power dust to get thru it all!

NSV-- at my work this week is Employee appreciation week and how do they appreciate us? with FOOD! Monday - chinese buffet -- I didn't touch it! Tuesday -- chocolate bars - I gave em away! Wednesday -- Italien lunch -- only had the broccoli and califlower! What will they try and tempt me with today

Enjoy your day all!

Candace
Old 10-07-2010, 09:01 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

Congrats Shrinking on the 50.5! That is really inspiring!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:37 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 173/165/154

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
That is so cool. CONGRATS

Old 10-07-2010, 09:42 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!
Congrats on all the nsv's and great WI's! And I hope those that aren't feeling so well are soon up and at 'em!

Candace, I tried the laxative stuff I got with my starter kit and it did the trick for me. Maybe 2 capsules is less yucky than milk of magnesia?

I mentioned a few days ago that I'm going to a conference at Whistler in November for work. There are workshops and seminars, but it is also a reward/celebration for top achievers for the year. Anyhow, my manager emailed us yesterday to say that he had got us tickets for Whistler Cornucopia - an annual celebration of Wine and Food! OMG! This will be the challenge of all challenges! I know I won't be tempted by the food. I guess I'll just have to be like a real wine connoisseur - sip, spit, rinse!
At least I'll be milling around with all the other fancypants people sporting a thinner, more svelte body!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:07 AM   #10  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
YEAH for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmax View Post
Good morning all....well today is my W.I. ..... i've been kind of stuck in the last couple of weeks...things are not moving as they should and it's bringing me down and with thanksgiving this weekend along with a 50th anniversary...and the rest of the month is just crazy...so i'm facing many challenges. I think it's time for me to work out again and maybe that will help!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrfish23 View Post
Well I was only down 1.7 for Week 7. Kind of bummed! I hate weighing in the late afternoon after all the water all day and the food! So wish I could weigh in the morning, but I have this thing called a job...UUGH
Hey u-2
I am in the same slump! I have starting to walk and rededicated myself to phase 1 and also realized that I just may be a member of the slow loosers club, but either way I am not giving up. I will reach my goal if it takes me 4 months or 6 months, either way I am good. I will have good weigh ins and bad weigh ins I just need to stick to the plan. You can have your bad days too, just keep believing in yourself!!

I do believe I need to buy a new outfit and hang it up for a little extra motivation!!!!
Old 10-07-2010, 10:55 AM   #11  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

Wow -- I wish someone would give me a car when I lose 50 lbs! (note: use of the word "someone" and "give", not necessarily my DH lol).

kaarin -- I'm looking forward to seeing all kinds of family in November and looking more svelte myself. Thanksgiving show-off is my mini-goal by starting IP.

And to the IPers who have to WI in the evening -- I'm right there with you. I already have most of food in me for the day plus all that water and I have to step on the scale. I love my new little daily WI on my home scale better.
Old 10-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #12  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Default Good morning!!!

Happy almost Friday everyone!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
I mentioned a few days ago that I'm going to a conference at Whistler in November for work. There are workshops and seminars, but it is also a reward/celebration for top achievers for the year. Anyhow, my manager emailed us yesterday to say that he had got us tickets for Whistler Cornucopia - an annual celebration of Wine and Food! OMG! This will be the challenge of all challenges! I know I won't be tempted by the food. I guess I'll just have to be like a real wine connoisseur - sip, spit, rinse!
At least I'll be milling around with all the other fancypants people sporting a thinner, more svelte body!
Kaarin, Congrats on the more svelte body! The challenges at buffets and events like you are going to are tough but you can do it. Good luck and have a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandmax View Post
Happy Canadian Thanksgiving, meandmax!! It is tough at times when things are moving quickly like you want, but hang in there. I find I have my biggest losses when I'm distracted with other things and not solely focused on my weight. Don't give up, maybe change up your IP foods and veggies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrfish23 View Post
Starrfish23, My weigh-ins are in the evening also. I'm down 30lb. in 9 weeks on my home scale, but only 26lb. according to my official evening weigh-ins. I have been averaging under 2lb./week lately but my inches lost has been higher lately. Focus on how great you look and forget about the numbers (more easily said than done, I know). I think if I keep telling others I will start following my own advice
Old 10-07-2010, 11:07 AM   #13  
Sheila E.

S/C/G: 174.8/141.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
Candace, I tried the laxative stuff I got with my starter kit and it did the trick for me. Maybe 2 capsules is less yucky than milk of magnesia?
Magnesium Citrate is what IP suggests and it comes in multiple flavors and works well too with just a sip each evening. My favorite is grape.

Last edited by EatAnts; 10-07-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #14  
maintenance since 2/16/11

S/C/G: size 18 to 8...75 pounds gone

I agree about the home scale thing...I hate weighing in the afternoon. I know what my home scale said the morning I started and what it said this morning and that is all that I care about. I am so motivated to do well...the weigh-ins at the office (with ZERO support) mean nothing. I just get my food, weighin and run.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:20 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 184.6/155/145

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Closed Thread