Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #31  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedski View Post
Jeez, I was really goovin' on the broccoli. I just bought some leeks as well and now see they have 13g of carbs.

What do folks recommend for low carb veggies? There's only so much celery that I can eat.
If you don't have a thyroid problem, spinach is excellent. 120 grams, or 4 cups, equals 4.36 carbs.
Old 10-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 164/152/125

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
HI Everyone!

So my quest for pants (or at a minimum, pant) continues... Last night I stopped by a cute little boutique and tried on several pairs, but didn't come home with any. Starting to think Maybe I'm just too picky! But in the case of the ones I tried on last night they were extremely expensive - $98 - $198! Crazy!!!! Yes, you pay for quality, but still... The one pair I did like (which of course was the most expensive) fit great in the length, but the waist band was "odd." The really nice lady who was helping me probably thought I was a nut case when she asked if I wanted to try on knit pants and I replied with, "No, I think they make me look fat." She replied with, "A size 2 is a little loose on you and the petite - petite looks great on you, and yet you think you look fat?" So, I tried on the knit ones and liked them and after gawking at myself from every angle possible, didn't think I looked fat. My brain needs to get caught up with where my body size actually is now. Oh, and for those of you thinking knit pants are for old ladies, WRONG! These knits were so warm and made of the softest fabric. Now that I think about it, they would make a great pair for winter. Hmmmmm... maybe I can deal with the "odd" waistband - after all these aren't pants I'd tuck my shirt into. hmmmmmm......

For those of you needing new bras; on Oct. 22 and 23 Nordstroms (nation wide) is having a special bra fitting event where they'll be donating $$$ to local breast cancer organizations (yep, purchase a bra and they'll donate money to your community - how great is that!). I've already scheduled my appt - yippee correctly fitting bras!!! Which means my body CAN NOT lose any more fat from my breasts!!! CAN NOT! CAN NOT! CAN NOT!

Oh, and for those who've posted about not losing this week (or not losing anything significant in their opinion), stay positive and most importantly, stay on plan. Keep in mind you're still losing inches somewhere on your body (though at times, it may not be apparent). My body went through phases where I didn't lose pounds, but would lose inches instead. Your body knows what it's doing - trust it and continue believing in yourself!

Have a great day everyone!

Yay! I am so excited for you. Can you imagine - a size 2! You must be so proud of yourself. I'm living through the excitement of your shopping event as I can't wait to pick up a size 2 (heck, I'd be happy with a 4).
I'm slowing shrinking out of my size 10s. Pretty soon, they will be in the "big clothes give away pile".
Hurray for you and thanks for encouraging us all!

Maria
Old 10-07-2010, 05:40 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'6

Hello and Congrats to all

Like many others my official weigh in is tomorrow but based off of my scale only down 1.5. Which is fine. I know what I am up against this week. It's days before TOM which always equates to water gain. Last month I would be upset this month I don't need to find the positive.

My coach wants me to do the cleanse, he's going to do it with me! This should be fun. That may seem sarcastic but it's true I am excited to try it. I was wanting to do a cleanse but never said anything and then when speaking to my coach he told me he wants me to try it. Problem solved, I'm in! Hook me up!

In my quest to pay it forward. 2 friends of mine went to an info session this week for Ideal Protein, I attended it with them of course. And one has made his appointment to join, his wife was not as positive about it as she is trying to get pregnant (which is super exciting). At any rate he was telling his mom all about the program and she got so excited that she is joining with him! I am so excited for both of them and they are excited for themselves.

Gotta love when you are motivated and excited to lose weight! It's half the battle, having a great attitude about it.

Have a super day everyone!

Last edited by Cinders35; 10-07-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:05 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi All,

I've been lurking lately but reading and enjoying the posts, with special mention to the cheerleader section!

Linden, thanks so much for the article on goitrogenic foods--very informative, and good to know it makes a difference if they are cooked. When I asked about soy and thyroid function my coach told me not to worry about the IP packets that have soy protein isolate, since it is such high quality, but she didn't know the science behind it, so I'm choosing to just be aware of how much soy I'm using.

I have been thinking a lot about my upcoming week away, and all the food issues with Thanksgiving, birthdays, road trips and just being away from home. I wrote about it on the holidays thread if anyone's interested in the approach I've arrived at (for now) to handle these special occasions. My thoughts on this have changed so dramatically since I started IP that it will be interesting to see what actually happens!

WI is tomorrow, so wish me luck! I had TOM last time, but it seems to be back again, so I'm not sure what's going on. I'm choosing to believe it's because I'm releasing hormones from burning fat at such an accelerated rate that my body is just confused! I'm down another size, so even if the scale doesn't move much, I'm still seeing the results.

Jackie
Old 10-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #35  
Taking it day by day =))

Hello all;

I asked a few days ago about ordering from the waldenfarms.com website however I didn't get a reply but then again maybe I never asked the right question. Here it goes again... How long has it taken others who have ordered from waldenfarms.com to receive their purchase?

Today I have officially been on IP for 4 weeks and am loving it this is the greatest decision I have ever made. Thank-you everyone for the great advice so far.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:28 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 154/136/130 started IP 8/24/10

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everyone!! I'm so glad to hear about all of the wonderful NSV's and WI success stories. Been feeling really tired so I'm going to hit the sack early today. Have a great evening!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:48 PM   #37  
I assure you, I'm swell.

S/C/G: 250/230/175

Default I'm full of it and my scale knows it.

Thanks for your support Linden. Also thanks for the veggie list, as hypothyroidism is new for me as much as eating all the right kind of veggies. However, if anything my thyroid issues have decreased massively even though I'm still eating broccoli and spinach.

Today was my 3rd WI... no weight loss, but down 8", which is still awesome. My coach thinks the big C and TOM are definitely playing the role in my lack of loss this week. So it's magnesium citrate cocktails for me... bleh. But maybe I'll feel better as well.

Congrats on all the good stuff going on today... I've got a ton to do as I've just gotten home for the day... but I assure you, I'll be back!
Old 10-07-2010, 07:51 PM   #38  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
When I asked about soy and thyroid function my coach told me not to worry about the IP packets that have soy protein isolate, since it is such high quality, but she didn't know the science behind it, so I'm choosing to just be aware of how much soy I'm using.
Jackie
Thanks Jackie, and most of all for your post yesterday. I was so tired when I read it I could barely keep my eyes open but it was riveting. So calmly reasoned, and such impeccable logic. I wish I'd said something last night.

About soy, my coach also stressed the fact that IP uses soy isolate but that doesn't mean it doesn't have isolates that couple with the thingy on the thyroid hormone to suppress the thyroid's activity. Carla has also posted on this back toward the beginning of September. In fact, there's a flurry of activity about soy and hypothyroidism that you might check if you haven't already seen it.

I posted a list of IP products that don't have soy for Kelsey about the same time. But can't find it for love or money, using Svelting's search method and IP's. And of course, I don't have the back of an envelope on which I made my original list.

If anyone can find it I think more than I would be grateful.
Old 10-07-2010, 08:15 PM   #39  

Default Thyroid thread

Here you go http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...hyroidism.html

One of the ways I keep track of these threads is to subscribe to them. Then they are always readily available in my User CP (Control Panel). To subscribe, click on the Thread Tools button (on the right side, there's a purple section that goes about 1/3 of the way across the board/forum width) at the top of the page. Depending on your browser, either a list of options will appear, or the page will jump to a list of options, one of which is "Subscribe to this thread." It's fairly simple to follow after that. You can set up to get email notifications of when something is posted or not.

Then, as long as you're logged in, clicking "Quick Links" on the main (widest) purple bar and "Subscribed threads" will take you to your list of subscribed threads.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 10-07-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Default Lost 20 Lbs In 5 Weeks!!

Hi IPers,
After a disappointing WI last week, tonight I lost 6.8 lbs !! I am so excited. That makes 20 lbs in 5 weeks. I have also completed the Halloween challenge of losing 20lbs. What a thrill to meet this first mini goal.
Thanks for all the support found here!!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:06 PM   #41  
just Rhonda please!

S/C/G: 276/274/145

Height: 5'6" Started IP Diet 7/25/11

That's great Melanie!!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 149.8/125/118.0

Height: 5'2"

Hi everyone i have a question!!!
What is the different between Phase 1 and Phase 1 alternate phase?
Will you still lose weight doing it this way, any answers will really help
Old 10-07-2010, 09:24 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on the -50.5 and the car shrinkingsusie a great big WOOT WOOT for you!
Old 10-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatAnts View Post
Happy almost Friday everyone!!!
Kaarin, Congrats on the more svelte body! The challenges at buffets and events like you are going to are tough but you can do it. Good luck and have a great time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Monarch View Post
I note you say "the other fancypants" because you are one now too! Congrats on creating your new svelte body!
Okay guys, thanks for the congrats, the body is not exactly 'svelte' yet! My conference is in 5 weeks, so my goal is to be down another 20 lbs or so by then. Let's just say I'll be 'svelter' by then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemel View Post
Hi IPers,
After a disappointing WI last week, tonight I lost 6.8 lbs !! I am so excited. That makes 20 lbs in 5 weeks. I have also completed the Halloween challenge of losing 20lbs. What a thrill to meet this first mini goal.
Thanks for all the support found here!!
Congratulations Mel!!! You must be ecstatic! Just goes to show you that the plan WORKS!

Carla, thanks for the info on broccoli and cauliflower. I have also been loading up on those because they're easy to steam or roast. Someone else asked this too, so could you give us an idea of what your favourite veggies are in addition to the salad? Which ones are the lower carb veggies?

And PS - I just learned how to multiquote too! Now just to figure out what I'm Svelting was talking about with subscribing to threads....
Old 10-07-2010, 09:38 PM   #45  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Default Help

I've been too embarrassed to ask this, because I KNOW I should be able to figure it out, but could someone please tell me how to copy a file into a post? And thanks in advance.
Closed Thread