Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 10:59 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/172/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
This is the kind of info I am looking for.....was it 'harsh' as in you had to stay close to a bathroom all the time with cramping etc. And why half a dose?

Thanks for your input.

I did a half dose because I was not having any elimination problems. My coach recommended the half dose so I would not end up running to the bathroom!!! As far as cramping and bloating...I did not have any issues. I think you need to make sure that you take the pills and the liquid...The liquid is the one that is supposed to stop bloating and cramping and stuff...
Old 09-10-2010, 11:07 AM   #17  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Height: 5'5"

Happy Friday Everyone!
IP is getting easier everyday for me now. I made salads last night for my husband and myself, he doesn't need to lose weight but just enjoys a good salad. Anyway, I was talking on the phone and the salads were sitting on the counter waiting for him to come in for dinner. By old habits, I started to pick up a small amount of cheese that was on his salad (not mine) and was going to taste it. Low and behold, I caught myself before it made it to my mouth. I stayed loyal to IP. Patting myself on the back here
Old 09-10-2010, 11:10 AM   #18  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post

Happy Friday! I'm off yaaaaay! For those of you don't know, I work really long hours M - Th, so my posts are usually a little limited, if I get to post much more then my daily food I consider myself luck. However, I so usually read the dail

I have to tell you - I am in the 6s. It feels so nice. I think I'm right around the weight now that I was when I met my hubby 5 years ago. I told him the other morning, everything from here on out is just icing on the cake for him. LOL He's supportive. He doesn't always make the right choices where I am concerned and food is involved. Deep down I know he hates the diet and wants his old fun loving, bad eating wife back. He won't get her, but eventually it will be easier, for both of us, and we're getting closer all the time.

More congratulations Kelsey from your "twin".....I 'm reveling in being in the 70's and sooooo looking forward to joining you in the lower numbers! I'm re-thinking my goal weight since I discovered I'm still "obese"...here I thought I was doing great..lol You sound like you have a good guy and I'm sure he's very proud of you!!!!

Marilyn

Marilyn

Last edited by pumpkyparry; 09-10-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:16 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
Good morning all !

I asked about the Novi-Cure late last evening and didn't get a response so I'll try again.

I got a kidney, liver, and intestine cleanse called Novi-Cure and sorry to feed the 'coaches don't know anything' but I didn't get any info on it. It looks like there are 4 tablets to take a day and 2 tablespoons of liquid. It is a two week cleanse.

I'm wondering if anyone has tried it while on plan and what were the results.

Yes, I do plan on going back to my rep with these questions but I thought I'd ask here too.

Have a fabulous IP weekend everyone !!
I'd like to learn more about this too... since I'm not using IP products, I don't have access to this particular product, so I couldn't join your trial... I just want to know more about cleanses in general... maybe the folks at GNC could recommend a similar product... I'll ask about it when I go in today... they extended "Gold Card Week" this month to 10 days, & today's the last day...

Let us know, Em Jay, how it goes (same pun, this time intended)..

hugs
Old 09-10-2010, 11:22 AM   #20  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
Talking Goat Insults Ferrets after the Ferrets Insult the '3 chicken sistas' who were vocalizing too loud about their weight and woke them up.
One 'sista' Henrietta, was bragging about her loss this week on IP.
The second "sista" Gertrude was miserable cause her scale wasn't moving as fast..
And the third "sista' Carmella was loudly bragging about her inches lost!
Oh the 'sistas' can surely carry on...

The goat just walks away,out of their range, shaking his head, knowing they each will get to their goal if they stick to the IP Program.

The Ferrets have no patience to hear the 'sistas' carry on, (of course the ferrets have never had a weight problem, ) and they start insulting the 'sistas', and calling them names...

The Wise Old Goat finally has enough and tells 'the dirty little Ferrets' to leave them alone.

Summary-
The Goat Knows the plan will work, just stick to it.
The '3 sistas" have always competed with each other, as some sistas do..
and the Ferrets have nothing better to do but annoy......

( sorry dave i couldn't resist!)
Those dirty little ferrets! Always sitting on top of someone's head and mocking each others' tootsie rolls!

Good story, except that I'm not sure this particular talking goat is either wise or old. And the goat is definitely not the ideal spokesman for IP. Goats will eat anything, so there's no way -- talking or not -- that a goat would be able to stick to Phase 1.

Henrietta would be very tasty on a bed of Romaine.
Gertrude should be grilled
And for Carmella...the rotisserie!

I'm with the ferrets! Sometimes the 'sistas' talk too much...

(I couldn't resist)
Old 09-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #21  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
More congratulations Kelsey from your "twin".....I 'm reveling in being in the 70's and sooooo looking forward to joining you in the lower numbers! I'm re-thinking my goal weight since I discovered I'm still "obese"...here I thought I was doing great..lol You sound like you have a good guy and I'm sure he's very proud of you!!!!

Marilyn

Marilyn
You are doing great! You'll figure out your "number" and then you'll adjust, but only YOU can decide what to do! And I look forward to you joining me in the 6s!
Old 09-10-2010, 01:11 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 177.4 / 143.2 / 135

Height: 5' 4"

Default My first Lindora products!

thanks to a heads up from Dave a couple of weeks back when Lindora was having a sale, I went ahead and ordered 2 boxes of bars. Dave mentioned that the Caramel Nut bars were identical so I got 1 box of those and one box of Caramel Delight. I reviewed the ingredients on the Delight bars and didn't see anything that didn't also appear on IPs various ingredients, so I hope they are okay.

I was a little skeptical about the identicalness between Lindora and IP regarding the Nut Bars (sorry Dave). But, they are identical!! The wrapper is exactly the same!! Woohoo! Next time they are running a sale I will be sure to stock up. With the sale price they are HALF the cost of IP.

Have a great day and weekend everyone!
Old 09-10-2010, 03:14 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by damgi View Post
thanks to a heads up from Dave

I was a little skeptical about the identicalness between Lindora and IP regarding the Nut Bars (sorry Dave). But, they are identical!! The wrapper is exactly the same!! Woohoo! Next time they are running a sale I will be sure to stock up. With the sale price they are HALF the cost of IP.

Have a great day and weekend everyone!
Thanks for the info damgi & dave- I have an order on the way for carmel nut bars from Lindora but the shipment is lost in the mail. UPS said it might have went to Amazon so give it till Monday and if not delivered--then have Lindora file a lost shipment claim. Guess I will have to buy the carmel nut bars from IP as I am all out - but SO GOOD TO KNOW that they are identical. THANKS!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Greetings All,

Hope everyone's having a good, good day. Good news on official WI today--down another 7.6 lbs in two weeks since last WI! Official weight 322.4. Have lost 24.6 lbs in 5 weeks 2 days! Yay, yay, yay! And no headache today--Yay again!

I think I'm going to put my home scale away. This morning it said I was 327.4--5 lbs higher than my WI --go figure. Last time the difference was 2 lbs, so it's not even consistent in its inaccuracy! Certainly watching the scale does give one incentive, but if I'm going to WI it at home on off-weeks when I don't see my coach, I'll have to get a scale that works!

Anyway, feeling good about the results, and hope others get good news at WI or on their scales too. It makes it so much easier to keep going. Under 300 here I come!

Jackie
Old 09-10-2010, 03:28 PM   #25  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
Greetings All,

Hope everyone's having a good, good day. Good news on official WI today--down another 7.6 lbs in two weeks since last WI! Official weight 322.4. Have lost 24.6 lbs in 5 weeks 2 days! Yay, yay, yay! And no headache today--Yay again!

I think I'm going to put my home scale away. This morning it said I was 327.4--5 lbs higher than my WI --go figure. Last time the difference was 2 lbs, so it's not even consistent in its inaccuracy! Certainly watching the scale does give one incentive, but if I'm going to WI it at home on off-weeks when I don't see my coach, I'll have to get a scale that works!

Anyway, feeling good about the results, and hope others get good news at WI or on their scales too. It makes it so much easier to keep going. Under 300 here I come!

Jackie
Congratulations! I find that my scale at home has a difference too and that was even more so the higher my weight is. I think one scale at the docs is enough but you might just figure what the difference is between them and weigh accordingly.
Old 09-10-2010, 04:11 PM   #26  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by damgi View Post
thanks to a heads up from Dave a couple of weeks back when Lindora was having a sale, I went ahead and ordered 2 boxes of bars. Dave mentioned that the Caramel Nut bars were identical so I got 1 box of those.

I was a little skeptical about the identicalness between Lindora and IP regarding the Nut Bars (sorry Dave). But, they are identical!! The wrapper is exactly the same!! Woohoo!
Boo! Doubter!!

How can you doubt the Speedo King??
Old 09-10-2010, 04:12 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Unhappy Very Hard Day: Emotional Food Cravings

So I'm on the way to our county fair with three of our children, and hubby in tow, to see the goats, ferrets and chickens up close for real! Problem is I am feeling so emotional today for some reason, low energy horrible food cravings. Again it's totally not hunger related this is emotional food cravings which has always been my down fall. I am such a food addict!

Can others relate to this? Can you tell me what you do to get yourself through it? I was actually crying on my husbands shoulder this morning about not being able to eat the foods I wanted to! Argh, will this fat lady ever get free from this?

I have still stayed true to program but yesterday and today have been all about food obsession and I hate this feeling!

Thanks guys hope your all having a way better day then I'm having.

I'm at two weeks with 17 pounds lost now, I should be glowing instead of feeling sorry for myself!

p.s.
If I didn't have you guys to check in with I don't think I'd be making it on IP, I am so grateful that you log in each day and share. Those of you who run this board and moderate, you have my undying admiration. Thank-you from the bottom of my heart.

Need more of this!

Last edited by MotherDuckMJ; 09-10-2010 at 04:19 PM. Reason: More info to add
Old 09-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #28  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Oh Dave.. your too funny.. and the GOAT wasn't on IP, nor was He a spokesperson.. he just was wise old goat that KNEW IP works if "the sistas" just stick with it..

I have been like all 3 chicken "sistas".. boasting when I saw the scale drop, complaining when it didn't, and thrilled with inches gone!"

MOTHERDUCK MJ- Yes it is an emotional journey if your like me, an emotional eater..I have noticed with this weight loss, I am moody, feel weepy, happy, then sad.. geesh.. remember we have hormones stored in our fat, and mine are letting loose! I was so upset last night that I couldn't eat pizza.. how stupid was that? But to me it was REAL.. I got thru it.. hot tea, another lemon pudding packet and that did the trick.. I keep telling myself " this is MY journey, how am I going to learn anything or lose weight if I give in to every craving???" So stay strong my friend, I know exactly what your going thru and it may sound crazy to others but it's REAL to us right now... remember "this too shall pass"...hugs!!!!!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Default I'm Still Hungry

Hi IPers,
I am in day 7 of the program. Had a great 1st week 6.6 lbs lost., but I am still hungry. Sometimes I feel so famished I could eat a "ferret" When will I get to the point where I won't feel hungry? I am not sure if I am in ketosis or not - still no metallic/bad breath? Any advice
Melanie
Old 09-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
Greetings All,

Jackie
JackieYea!!! Good for you ... you are doing fabulous!!! I hope your headaches have gone for good...My DD used to have migraines also and are being on IP for about 2 wks they disappeared haven't come back and that was in April!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post

Can others relate to this? Can you tell me what you do to get yourself through it? I was actually crying on my husbands shoulder this morning about not being able to eat the foods I wanted to! Argh, will this fat lady ever get free from this?

I have still stayed true to program but yesterday and today have been all about food obsession and I hate this feeling!

Thanks guys hope your all having a way better day then I'm having.

I'm at two weeks with 17 pounds lost now, I should be glowing instead of feeling sorry for myself!

p.s.
If I didn't have you guys to check in with I don't think I'd be making it on IP, I am so grateful that you log in each day and share. Those of you who run this board and moderate, you have my undying admiration. Thank-you from the bottom of my heart.

Need more of this!
MotherDuckMJ: Oh No you aren't the only one to feel that way, I am also an emotional eater and a chocolateholic to boot . I have even stopped buying the IP bars cause they are just tooooo good.
Take it hour by hour if you have to. YOU WILL DO THIS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemel View Post
Hi IPers,
I am in day 7 of the program. Had a great 1st week 6.6 lbs lost., but I am still hungry. Sometimes I feel so famished I could eat a "ferret" When will I get to the point where I won't feel hungry? I am not sure if I am in ketosis or not - still no metallic/bad breath? Any advice
Melanie

Melanie Maybe you should add an protein pkg. to your day, I did that for the 1st 2 wks I was on IP and still lost 5lbs each wk. I don't get the bad breath thing either. Keep strong...this program works..
Closed Thread