Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #61  
JKF
Beach Ready by February!

S/C/G: 101/189/140

Height: 5'4

Default Reply to New not sure where to post yet...

Quote: New not sure where to post yet

On a down note I am somewhat discouraged....I believe I have only lost 2 lbs this week....for a total of 7lbs in two weeks!!! I am noticing 6lbs and 5 lbs weight losses per week losses. My gf lost 7 more lbs this week that makes her average 7lbs a week ...and she CHEATS almost everyday!!! .....I mean I could do WW and lose 2lbs a week! and not spend as much money! One more week....

I understand your frustration. I'm tweaking things here and there to fit this diet into my life more easily. My last WI only resulted in a 2lb loss, but that's better than many other times I've tried to lose weight. This site is THE thing that keeps me going. 7lbs is really awesome. Hug to you and keep up the good work.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:46 PM   #62  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marypeter View Post
You're a bit west now, Leesburg, Purcelville? You know, you're my hero: because of you, I lowered my goal. We are about the same height & starting weight and you look so AWESOME now. You have been so positive and encouraging. THANK YOU!! Today my boss (who is skinny) called me skinny 3 times. Not true yet, but soon...

Mary
Not that far west... lovely old town Herndon. WOW! You're one of the skinny minnies! Brilliant! (Hey, 130 is even more fun! Think about it when you get closer!)
Old 09-10-2010, 11:22 PM   #63  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Well, went golfing with my BF, then had to run to the store. Didn't get supper started until 8:30...famished by then! So I made stirfry with bok choy, shrimp, broccoli, g. onions, mushrooms and water chestnuts....wasn't til I opened the can of water chestnuts that I read the label....YIKES! So, they went onto the BF's plate....I got his mushrooms! I also made the fried "rice"....YUMMY! But I only allowed myself 1 scoop damn carbs. Sooooo, good.

Down side.....cooking at my BF's house meant no sweetner.....and the sauce I made for the stirfry was bitter (I even added WF BBQ to help).....so I used 1 tsp of sugar. I KNOW I KNOW!!!!!! Derailed, in the 2nd week. Lol....tomorrow is a new day!
Old 09-10-2010, 11:46 PM   #64  
kju

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Supper

Tried a new veggie today - Rutabaga! They didn't have turnips in the store and I was dying to try the turnip chip recipe I read on here so I bought a rutabaga instead, hoping it was similar. And they were very good! I hardly felt deprived as my son ate his sweet potato fries.
Old 09-11-2010, 12:07 AM   #65  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kju View Post
Tried a new veggie today - Rutabaga! They didn't have turnips in the store and I was dying to try the turnip chip recipe I read on here so I bought a rutabaga instead, hoping it was similar. And they were very good! I hardly felt deprived as my son ate his sweet potato fries.
While rutabagas aren't on the approved list, and they are also about 1/6th higher in carbs and sugars, in everything else they out shine turnips: twice as much potassium and magnesium. Sounds like a good back up vegetable to me. Anyone else?

Last edited by Linden; 09-11-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:08 AM   #66  
kju

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Height: 5'6"

Oh - they're on my occasional list so you can only have them twice a week - but yummy!
Old 09-11-2010, 01:18 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

wyoangel:

I went golfing today too at a corporate type scramble -- there were a bunch of people there who hadn't seen me in a while -- two people didn't recognized me with the weight I lost.

Um, who knew that playing golf could take that long? Seriously. Wow. Also, I'm exhausted. We had a cart, how could I be this tired?

I'm traveling for work next week...and, Ok, I know this is an odd question...but does anyone think that if I put veggies in my checked luggage that it would make it ok? Is the cargo hold too cold?
Old 09-11-2010, 02:03 AM   #68  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post
Ok, I know this is an odd question...but does anyone think that if I put veggies in my checked luggage that it would make it ok? Is the cargo hold too cold?
It totally depends on the airline and whether or not they're transporting animals. Regardless, vegetables should be fine. My trip from HI to Europe means 6 airports and 5 flights (at worst). I usually take chocolate covered macadamia nuts. If anything were going to suffer from the cold it would be the chocolate. It's always OK. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Linden; 09-11-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:30 AM   #69  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Default Weekend Chat

Can we, may we, continue on at this site through the weekend? This is only the 69th post for Friday. Even treble that, we should be OK through Sunday evening.

Last edited by Linden; 09-11-2010 at 06:32 AM.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:37 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 221/165/155 started 8/10/10

Height: 5' 8 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Absolutely! Hey, I used to live in Great Falls... a log cabin on River Bend Road. Loved it!
OMG...Novak...you're in the Leesburg area? I wonder if we're going to the same weightloss center! I'm going to one in Leesburg...even though I live in Maryland.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:37 AM   #71  

Default The new thread is open

This thread will close between 3 pm & 5 pm EDT on Saturday 11 Sept.

Where do I put my post?

To respond to a post in this thread: Quote and reply in this thread. Or multi-quote and reply in the weekend thread.

To share something new or tell us about your weekend plans: It's best to post in the new weekend chat thread.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-12-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Closed Thread