Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherDuckMJ View Post
Since Svelting was missing the humor yesterday I wanted to share my blog entry from today with you guys, thought you'd enjoy it. Today has been hard. My 45th B-day is tom. and feeling a little sorry for myself that I can't eat what I want to, but I'll get through it! Hang in there everyone, we can do this! :

Losing My Dog Weight vs My Baby Weight

While traveling to visit my sisters this past weekend I had an eye opening conversation with my 23 year old daughter. I was telling her about my weight loss adventure plan. I informed her that I had 145 pounds more to lose. Very matter of fact she said “That’s about what I weigh, you have to lose a whole me.” I had to process this for a moment and then I laughed out loud. I told her I had been chatting with a group on the 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet web site where someone had talked about losing their dog’s weight, about 65 pounds. I had responded that I’d have to lose like 3 of my black labs to get to goal, she told me to just focus on one black lab at a time.

Losing my “dog weight” was a funny concept, but now I was challenged with the thought of losing the entire weight of my adult child! This gives a whole new meaning to losing the “baby fat”.

Sometimes the thought of how far I have to go in this journey can make me want to get out the popcorn popper. On the other hand realizing how far I have to go really makes me feel I must do what it takes to stay the course. I don’t want to look and feel like this forever.

So those black labs attached to my buttocks and secured to my stomach had just better watch out; have to teach those puppies to heel!

By the way I’ve lost 15 pounds in 12 days. Guess you could say I’ve lost a poodle, and I don’t want him back!

One woof for each 5 pounds lost...
Woof! Woof! Woof!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:46 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kplus80 View Post

Today is my last day on Phase 1!!!
I've already bought some food for Phase 3 even though it's not for another 2 weeks.. I'm just so excited, I guess!!!!!
Woot! Woot!

CONGRATULATIONS on moving into phase 2!!!! The BIG breakfast will be here before you know it.

I couldn't help but laugh when I read you've already bought food for the upcoming phases: last week a local grocery store had muesli on sale so I bought a box. And yes, during REI's recent sale I bought 4 different types of individual size protein bars. I was beginning to wonder if I was turning into a
food hoarder... But if someone Else is also buying food in advance, then surely there's nothing wrong with me. Lol
Old 09-08-2010, 10:27 PM   #93  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

I have had a crappy day. The good parts of today have been being part of this community and keeping on track w/IP. (well my hubby and kids too, but you all know what I mean
Old 09-08-2010, 10:37 PM   #94  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrfish23 View Post
Well Weigh in #3 was a huge success in my book!!! 4.8 Pounds! This has been my biggest loss yet! Keeps me motivated!!
Congratulations, that is awesome!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:48 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 182/146/130

Height: 5'3"

Back from holidays and my scale has good news for me. Wow is it hard to follow the plan when you are hiking, fishing, visiting, etc.

Last edited by Pegsi; 09-08-2010 at 10:59 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:22 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 349/278.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi All,

Congrats on all the losses and NSVs. Not to mention goats, chickens and tootsie rolls. (I'm not even going to ask!) And doggie weights. Love it! It's worth reading the thread just for the laughs! I have cats who only weigh in at 9 lbs each, so measuring in cats won't work--too much math!

Re lettuce:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Quick question, are we required to eat lettuce everyday or is it an additional opition to the veggies?
Like I'm Svelting, my instructions say 2 cups veggies plus unlimited lettuce, and I'm pretty sure that's what Dr. Tran says in his e-book. Another thing to keep in mind is that people on this diet often have problems with constipation, sometimes referred to in the chat as "the big C". If you want to avoid this problem, eat your lettuce. Especially romaine. It has lots of fibre to help keep things moving.

Ciao for now,
Jackie
Old 09-08-2010, 11:41 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegsi View Post
Back from holidays and my scale has good news for me. Wow is it hard to follow the plan when you are hiking, fishing, visiting, etc.

Glad you made it back from holidays, was nice to meet you!!
Keep up the great job.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:54 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
Woot! Woot!

CONGRATULATIONS on moving into phase 2!!!! The BIG breakfast will be here before you know it.

I couldn't help but laugh when I read you've already bought food for the upcoming phases: last week a local grocery store had muesli on sale so I bought a box. And yes, during REI's recent sale I bought 4 different types of individual size protein bars. I was beginning to wonder if I was turning into a
food hoarder... But if someone Else is also buying food in advance, then surely there's nothing wrong with me. Lol
Thanks! I can't wait for the breakfast!

I'm going to tell myself there's nothing wrong with me, too!

Actually, I bought 4 boxes of muesli and 3 jars of almond butter! It was cheaper that way (sold together in bulk).. but maybe I do have a problem??

Quote:
Since Svelting was missing the humor yesterday I wanted to share my blog entry from today with you guys, thought you'd enjoy it. Today has been hard. My 45th B-day is tom. and feeling a little sorry for myself that I can't eat what I want to, but I'll get through it! Hang in there everyone, we can do this!
Happy Birthday! I was on IP for my birthday, too, and I also was bummed about not having my usual favorites (and no bday cake? unheard of!)! But, I reminded myself about how much weight I was losing on IP, did a small happy dance about that , and had my favorite IP foods instead! Hope your day is great and I enjoyed your blog post!
Old 09-09-2010, 12:08 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 194.8/140.0/140

Height: 5.4

Hi Everyone,
Congrats to you all your doing fabulous!!
I just have to share my NSV from yesterday. I went to Reitman's to look for a black pair of pants for work. I wanted black jeans I work at a school and don't like wearing dress pants. At first I was very disappointed because they didn't have any black jeans in my size. Which is a 7-8. The lady that was helping me went to there clearance clothes and found a black pair of dress pant but were size 6. I told her there was no way they would fit. She told me to just try them on and see. To my HUGH surprise the fit!!!!!! OH MY GOODNESS SIZE 6!!!!!!! It was only 5 months ago I was in size 16-18. Even better is they were regular $40 and I paid only $3.50 for them. I think I'm still on cloud 9!! LOL

Last edited by csdclark; 09-09-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:09 AM   #100  

S/C/G: 211/166/140 started: 5/25

Height: 5'5"

Melissa: CONGRATULATIONS!!! well done!

I have bad breath and dry mouth all the time.. it is not pleasant. i use a tongue scraper to help... and drink lots of H20!

welcome to the newbies, this program is fabulous..; although this past week i strayed quite a bit (home grown tomatoes are delish), and i gained 1/2 a pound, i am now back on track. its convenient and easy to follow, so works well for those who are very busy.

Lettuce is unlimited, not sure if it is required... but my coach recently told me that Romain lettuce is a no-no. when I started IP, i was told that Romain, Iceberg or Butter lettuce were allowed, now it is only Iceberg and Butter Lettuce. I am not happy about this cuz romain is a favorite of mine!

wishing you all a great week filled with lots of losses!
hugs, dina
Old 09-09-2010, 01:46 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Can't stay (at work) but had to tell you all:

I've lost 50 lbs (well 50.25 to be exact)

Kelsey, I am so incredibly happy for you. I know that as a founding member of the slow losers club, this was really, really hard won for you. Congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Hi Kids! Due to an unfortunate incident regarding a Speedo, a goat, three chickens and a tootsie roll, I haven't been around much. Once I make bail, I should be able to get back to my usual posting habits.
I nearly dropped my laptop I was laughing so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaylaeaton View Post
Hi all!
I have been doing research on ip for some time now, and I am finally starting today!! I am hoping that this forum can be my motivation its hard when I travel with my boyfriend and he's hardly ever with me to help me stay positive though he tries when were together! I'm really excited for this diet! Any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks everyone and confeats on everyones losses thus far!
It's a great forum -- and I recommend you use it! I'd start by reading lots of the stickies (some from the beginning, great info) and other posts, and I'm Svelting's posts at the beginning of each daily thread w/ links. Congrats on picking a great plan, I know that many of us are very happy with it.

Quote:

Losing My Dog Weight vs My Baby Weight

While traveling to visit my sisters this past weekend I had an eye opening conversation with my 23 year old daughter. I was telling her about my weight loss adventure plan. I informed her that I had 145 pounds more to lose. Very matter of fact she said “That’s about what I weigh, you have to lose a whole me.” I had to process this for a moment and then I laughed out loud. I told her I had been chatting with a group on the 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet web site where someone had talked about losing their dog’s weight, about 65 pounds. I had responded that I’d have to lose like 3 of my black labs to get to goal, she told me to just focus on one black lab at a time.

Losing my “dog weight” was a funny concept, but now I was challenged with the thought of losing the entire weight of my adult child! This gives a whole new meaning to losing the “baby fat”.

Sometimes the thought of how far I have to go in this journey can make me want to get out the popcorn popper. On the other hand realizing how far I have to go really makes me feel I must do what it takes to stay the course. I don’t want to look and feel like this forever.

So those black labs attached to my buttocks and secured to my stomach had just better watch out; have to teach those puppies to heel!

By the way I’ve lost 15 pounds in 12 days. Guess you could say I’ve lost a poodle, and I don’t want him back!

One woof for each 5 pounds lost...
Woof! Woof! Woof!
This was a great post, thanks for sharing. My dog weighs 65 pounds, and i want to get to 60...5 pounds shy of her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrfish23 View Post
Well Weigh in #3 was a huge success in my book!!! 4.8 Pounds! This has been my biggest loss yet! Keeps me motivated!!
Congrats & great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post
Melissa: CONGRATULATIONS!!! well done!

I have bad breath and dry mouth all the time.. it is not pleasant. i use a tongue scraper to help... and drink lots of H20!

hugs, dina
Um, ditto here!

Ok, I just want to say that when people ask us questions about 'questionable' things on the diet and we respond with 'ask your coach' I 100% agree that's the right response for us, but can I just say that sometimes, all the different and wild rules that coaches have drive me nuts! I mean really, Ideal, make a call on these things and enforce them.

And its nice that the protocol sheet is one page, but if you took a few pages and explained some of these FAQ's, maybe it would be a little easier for people to follow your diet and spend money on your products.

This is just a moment of venting, but really, either romaine is ok or its not (IMO it's ok) lettuce is required or its not (IMO it's required on the diet) bubble water is ok or its not, asparatme is ok or its not. There. I said it.

Whew. Sorry, I usually don't get so upset about rules and structure, but really, it IS silly. Someone on yesterday's forum said their coach said BEER was ok! Really? Really? Seriously? Get your together, coaches.

I think I took over Novak's for the evening.

(Quietly steps off soapbox)

JC
Old 09-09-2010, 02:07 AM   #102  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaCourez View Post

(Quietly steps off soapbox)

JC
What a lovely rant.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:13 AM   #103  

Ok, I guess I wasn't done with the soapbox...one more thing:

I think the best thing about Weight Watchers was that leaders HAD to have lost weight on the program. Yes, I didn't lose that much on their program and have been more successful here -- but the best thing was that your leader had been there. I know that's difficult for IP and clinic directors, but I think its important. All the questions you have and yes, emotions, your coach should understand. My coach wouldn't know an extra pound if it ... well, you finish the sentence, or better yet, I'll let Salesgod. Maybe it'll have a goat and a tootsie roll in it when he's done.

All I'm saying is that it should take more than an scale and and a storefront to sell IP.
Old 09-09-2010, 02:14 AM   #104  
=^..^=

S/C/G: 169 / 169 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietfrenzy View Post

Lettuce is unlimited, not sure if it is required... but my coach recently told me that Romain lettuce is a no-no. when I started IP, i was told that Romain, Iceberg or Butter lettuce were allowed, now it is only Iceberg and Butter Lettuce. I am not happy about this cuz romain is a favorite of mine!
hugs, dina
you can see by my post count, I'm no expert, but here is info from a VegCarbs chart that I am sure was linked on this forum:
Food Item..................Portion...Carb...Fiber...Fat .....Protein...Cal
Lettuce, butter head........1 cup.....1.3g....0.6g....0.1g.....0.7g........7
Lettuce, romaine.............1 cup.....1.3g....1.0g....0.1g.....0.9g........8

I am not advocating going against coach advice, but it would be nice to know what the issue is with romaine. I read somewhere else that romaine lettuce has the most micronutrients of all lettuces, so I was planning on eating a lot of romaine (I have been poring over many sites over the past days; really sorry I don't have a source).

JessicaCourez, I am still a newbie (in fact, not even on IP yet), but I agree in principle with your "rant". Glad you said it!

and congrats to Kelsey on your milestone
starrfish23, awesome job!
(hope I didn't miss anyone else's big loss. I need to get in the habit of getting on this board earlier everyday!)
Old 09-09-2010, 02:20 AM   #105  

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonder cat View Post
you can see by my post count, I'm no expert, but here is info from a VegCarbs chart that I am sure was linked on this forum:
Food Item..................Portion...Carb...Fiber...Fat .....Protein...Cal
Lettuce, butter head........1 cup.....1.3g....0.6g....0.1g.....0.7g........7
Lettuce, romaine.............1 cup.....1.3g....1.0g....0.1g.....0.9g........8

I am not advocating going against coach advice, but it would be nice to know what the issue is with romaine. I read somewhere else that romaine lettuce has the most micronutrients of all lettuces, so I was planning on eating a lot of romaine (I have been poring over many sites over the past days; really sorry I don't have a source).
Um, you saw my opinion earlier (obviously I'm full of them tonight) -- eat the romaine. It's the best, most nutrient rich lettuce. I've been successful on it, as have many others.

And good luck when you start.
Closed Thread