Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #76  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
1st - Thank you all for the "Congratulations" you're all so sweet!

2nd - For those of you who are thinking about "How much" you have to lose, you should know that our dear friend Jordanna use to have this line in her signature,
" I can't lose 120 lbs, it's too hard...but I can lose 10 lbs 12 times...that I know I can do." ... so keep that in mind, and set yourself up to succeed. I know that quote helped me when I first started
Jordanna was another classic and prolific poster! It's nostalgia night on the chat thread...

And so happy for your brilliant, hard won 50 pounds... but you DID win!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:43 PM   #77  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Jordanna was another classic and prolific poster! It's nostalgia night on the chat thread...

And so happy for your brilliant, hard won 50 pounds... but you DID win!
Yes, I guess it is nostalgia night! I always looked up to you so much, and still do!
Old 09-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Height: 5'6"

Just wondering if a non-restricted veggie version of the WW garden vegetable soup would be okay for Phase 1 folks. In it's current state (with carrots and green cabbage) it has 9 grams of carbs per serving. I would eliminate the carrots and substitute red cabbage. Would this be okay? The cooler weather we're experiencing has me yearning for a good bowl of soup.

I will post the link to the recipe, however, I realize it may be deleted by the mods. If I have posted a link I shouldn't have, I apologize profusely!!!!

http://www.food.com/recipe/weight-wa...le-soup-306096
Old 09-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #79  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Yes, I guess it is nostalgia night! I always looked up to you so much, and still do!
How sweet you are... and your photo is awesome, BTW!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #80  
Began IP 8-18-10

S/C/G: 179.7/152.9/130

Height: 5'3'

Well Weigh in #3 was a huge success in my book!!! 4.8 Pounds! This has been my biggest loss yet! Keeps me motivated!!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 258/258/170

Height: 5'9"

Talking Thanks for the help

Thank you for the help with the hunger question. I had a better day today, more energy and easier to get through. I still have trouble around 4:00 so will take the advice and add another packet for a few days in this week to get past it.
I'm anxious to check the scale, but also afraid of the results. I'll wait until my first weigh-in next week.
My doctor shared at her seminar that if you want flavored water, take 1/2 unsweetened packet of koolaid and add 2 packets of sevia to 24 oz of water. Has anyone else tried this?
Congrats to all the winners this week! I am inspired by reading your posts.

Last edited by upnorth; 09-08-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:08 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 177.4 / 143.2 / 135

Height: 5' 4"

Default IP chili and refridgeration

Last night I sauteed up 2 cups of green peppers, celery and mushrooms and mixed it up with the veggie chili for today's lunch. The problem is I left it out on the counter all night! I stuffed it in the fridge this morning, but need to ask if it should be thrown or not. I know it seems gross to eat something that sat out all night, but think about those college days when leftover pizza sat out all night but was delicious for breakfast. Would you throw it or eat it and hope Montezuma doesn't strike?
Old 09-08-2010, 08:17 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by damgi View Post
Last night I sauteed up 2 cups of green peppers, celery and mushrooms and mixed it up with the veggie chili for today's lunch. The problem is I left it out on the counter all night! I stuffed it in the fridge this morning, but need to ask if it should be thrown or not. I know it seems gross to eat something that sat out all night, but think about those college days when leftover pizza sat out all night but was delicious for breakfast. Would you throw it or eat it and hope Montezuma doesn't strike?
When in doubt, toss it out! Seriously, I wouldn't eat it, not worth the risk.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #84  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Looks like some had success on the scales today! Congratulations to all of you! I had my 2nd weigh in today and lost 2.2 pounds. I consider it really good since I had a few stumbles this past week. On other diets I always rewarded myself with a "little" extra at meal time and I did it again after my first week. From here on out I'll treat myself to something besides food!

Also surprised that I lost 2 inches off of my thighs! I've stayed loyal for the past two days and plan on keeping it up.

Like I said the other day, hour by hour will get me through.

Congratulations to all again and welcome newbies!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:50 PM   #85  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Congratulations, Kelsey! Yay on the 50 lbs!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:00 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 273.8/247.5/199

Wink Dare I Hope?

Hi IPers,
So here it is day 5 on IP. I woke up this morning and weighed myself to see where I am. Much to my surprise, the scale said 265 - down 8 lbs. I wonder if this could really be true!!! Needless to say, I was on and off the scale at least three time before I left to work and the results were still the same. Still trying not to get too excited, I decided to weigh myself when I got home from work. Besides, my official weigh-in is tomorrow evening after work, so I figured this might be more accurate. As soon as I hit the door, I hit the scale and I was at 266 lbs!! Boy, am I thrilled. I have not even been on the program for a week and am I down 7lbs - | Dare I hope that I have finally found something that works??? Tomorrow is my official weigh in - I only hope my coach's scale will read the same.

On another note - since this is day five - am I in ketosis? I read other threads that said you will have a metallic taste/bad breath, no longer feel hungry. I have none of these symptoms. I still get very hungry, particularly around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Someone suggested saving my lunch protein for then. Something I will try.

Again, this forum is fantastic!! Thanks for all the information!!
Melanie
Old 09-08-2010, 09:04 PM   #87  
Second time around

S/C/G: 181.2/181.2/155

Quick question, are we required to eat lettuce everyday or is it an additional opition to the veggies?
Old 09-08-2010, 09:11 PM   #88  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
Quick question, are we required to eat lettuce everyday or is it an additional opition to the veggies?
Correct me if I'm wrong....but lettuce is not required....it is in addition to the 4 C you should eat in a day. The lettuce is there to help you feel full and fulfill some nutrients.

Last edited by wyoangel; 09-08-2010 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 192.8/155.0/148

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemel View Post
On another note - since this is day five - am I in ketosis? I read other threads that said you will have a metallic taste/bad breath, no longer feel hungry. I have none of these symptoms. I still get very hungry, particularly around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Someone suggested saving my lunch protein for then. Something I will try.
Maybe, maybe not. I did not hit ketosis until day 6. I used ketostix so I knew for sure, but I was already pretty sure before I even tested. I didn't ever have a metallic taste, it was just a funky taste and dry mouth. I don't think it's abnormal to have a little hunger in the afternoon. Remember, it's been about 4 hours since you've had lunch. Try dill pickles, they worked wonders for me.

Quote:
No, you are not required to eat lettuce with lunch and dinner every day. I often go days without lettuce, usually because the thought of another salad makes me ill. Lettuce is good to help fill you up and make you feel satisfied though. Instead of having a salad, you can use the lettuce as the "bread" in a wrap, use it in stir-fry, wrap it around a dill pickle, or however you want.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:20 PM   #90  

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong....but lettuce is not required....it is in addition to the 4 C you should eat in a day. The lettuce is there to help you feel full and fulfill some nutrients.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacey41 View Post
No, you are not required to eat lettuce with lunch and dinner every day. I often go days without lettuce, usually because the thought of another salad makes me ill. Lettuce is good to help fill you up and make you feel satisfied though. Instead of having a salad, you can use the lettuce as the "bread" in a wrap, use it in stir-fry, wrap it around a dill pickle, or however you want.
Your best advice on this is from your coach. And coaches' advice differs, some will say it's an "AND"; others will say "OR." My Phase I sheet says lunch 2 cups vegetables AND unlimited lettuce. Same for dinner. What does your sheet say?
Closed Thread