Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #61  

Quote:
Originally Posted by livelaughlove1981 View Post
So I looked some other threads but have not been able to find any information on IP and Pregnancy. My Hubby and I are trying and I let my coach know and she suggested that if I wanted to continue when I actually am pregnant that I do the alternative plan modified of course to my needs, I just want to know thoughts on this. I am going to see my doctor next week to ask her what she thinks and to hear her advice. Once I know more I will post it somewhere. I love the program and I DO NOT want to gain it all back when we do become pregnant, maintenance is all i am asking for Any helpful thoughts will greatly be appreciated!!
There are differing opinions on this. I would strongly recommend picking one or the other: being on IP Phase 1 or trying to conceive. I personally believe that the impact of a low-fat, calorie-restricted diet on the baby during the first 4-6 weeks of pregnancy -- when you don't know you're pregnant -- cannot be overstated.

I'm glad to see that you've got an appointment with your doctor. Take the information about this program (Phase 1-4, alternate Phase 1, athletic phase 1, etc.) and get her opinion as a medical professional. Very carefully consider her recommendations.

A few posts in the Tips for Newbies thread, starting here and BevS shared her thoughts here

Until your doctor clears you to continue Phase 1 while TTC, have fun practicing and save your best shots for big game!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-07-2010 at 09:00 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #62  

I'm confused about the "quick reply". Does that mean I'm replying to the last message? If so how do I post a new message without tagging along after the last one written?

I've lost 31 lbs since June although I still need to lose approximately 50 more. This is a bit embarrassing...my sex drive is THROUGH the ROOF! Would a 31lb weight loss in the course of 3 months have a physiological effect like that?
Old 09-07-2010, 05:45 PM   #63  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Hello everyone!

I hope you are all having a great day! I am okay today.. no weight loss on the home scale in 3 days however, I know, that I am not doing anything wrong (no cheats) so the weight/ inches WILL come off in time!

I go for my weigh in tomorrow.. I might buy the WF peanut butter.. anyone tried it? If so, how does it compare to "normal" peanut butter..??

Talk soon all,

Candace
Candace- I bought it, opened it, tried it on celery and then threw it out.. tastes nothing like PB.. I did hear you can add some to your shakes to thicken it...Just my humble opinion...
Old 09-07-2010, 05:54 PM   #64  

Looks like it's sex hormone week in the IP forum! Why not we had a few rounds of thyroid.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:09 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

My sex drive hasn't increased that much, BUT.... DH's has!!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 09-07-2010 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:10 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by riby View Post
I'm confused about the "quick reply". Does that mean I'm replying to the last message? If so how do I post a new message without tagging along after the last one written?
Check the first message of this thread. There's a link to a Forum help thread that explains your quoting options.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by candace5 View Post
Hello everyone!

I hope you are all having a great day! I am okay today.. no weight loss on the home scale in 3 days however, I know, that I am not doing anything wrong (no cheats) so the weight/ inches WILL come off in time!

I go for my weigh in tomorrow.. I might buy the WF peanut butter.. anyone tried it? If so, how does it compare to "normal" peanut butter..??

Talk soon all,

Candace
Candace The WF peanut butter isn't very good...I used mine up by putting it in with my Butterscotch pudding when I make it into a shake.
Won't buy it again, I would rather go without PB!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:27 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 175/156/140

Height: 5"8"

Default 2nd weigh in

So today was my 2nd weigh in and I am down 3.5 lbs..So I have lost a total of almost 10 lbs in 2 weeks=) Hopefully, I will at least continue at that rate every week...
Old 09-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #69  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Looks like it's sex hormone week in the IP forum! Why not we had a few rounds of thyroid.
This is hysterical... we're sure to be the most popular diet (sorry, protocol) on the 3 Chicks site!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #70  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by riby View Post

I've lost 31 lbs since June although I still need to lose approximately 50 more. This is a bit embarrassing...my sex drive is THROUGH the ROOF! Would a 31lb weight loss in the course of 3 months have a physiological effect like that?
Considering that with the weight loss you are also balancing out your hormones it doesn't surprise me... who knew you had all of that in you!!!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
My sex drive hasn't increased that much, BUT.... DH's has!!!
I bet it has for him... men a VERY visual
Old 09-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #71  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Quote:
There are differing opinions on this. I would strongly recommend picking one or the other: being on IP Phase 1 or trying to conceive. I personally believe that the impact of a low-fat, calorie-restricted diet on the baby during the first 4-6 weeks of pregnancy -- when you don't know you're pregnant -- cannot be overstated.

I'm glad to see that you've got an appointment with your doctor. Take the information about this program (Phase 1-4, alternate Phase 1, athletic phase 1, etc.) and get her opinion as a medical professional. Very carefully consider her recommendations.

A few posts in the Tips for Newbies thread, starting here and BevS shared her thoughts here

Until your doctor clears you to continue Phase 1 while TTC, have fun practicing and save your best shots for big game!

I've been thinking about this myself quite a bit lately. I'm definitely not trying to get pregnant because I'm 44 years old and my baby just turned 13 (who was conceived right after I lost a lot of weight), but I would absolutely be thrilled with another baby too. I have PCOS which makes it harder to conceive and some other medical stuff that has made it difficult to carry a baby to term, so it worries me a bit. I have also made pretty significant problems with the other medical stuff, so I can't help but wonder if the conditions would just happen to be right. I'm happy to hear that some of conceived on IP and not had issues, but I'm not sure I'd test it.

I'm kind of with I'm Svelting on this one. If I were actively trying to conceive, I would probably want to go to something more similar to the maintenance of IP instead. One of the major developments for a baby happens about the second week with the spine which is often before most women know they are pregnant and because our IP tends to keep is in a more acidic mode, that might not promote good spinal and eventually bone development. Talk with your doctor and make sure they understand how IP works.

If it's any comfort, I did great losing weight while pregnant---of course, it was mostly because I couldn't keep anything down!
Old 09-07-2010, 07:05 PM   #72  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
I've been thinking about this myself quite a bit lately. I'm definitely not trying to get pregnant because I'm 44 years old and my baby just turned 13 (who was conceived right after I lost a lot of weight), but I would absolutely be thrilled with another baby too. I have PCOS which makes it harder to conceive and some other medical stuff that has made it difficult to carry a baby to term, so it worries me a bit. I have also made pretty significant problems with the other medical stuff, so I can't help but wonder if the conditions would just happen to be right. I'm happy to hear that some of conceived on IP and not had issues, but I'm not sure I'd test it.

I'm kind of with I'm Svelting on this one. If I were actively trying to conceive, I would probably want to go to something more similar to the maintenance of IP instead. One of the major developments for a baby happens about the second week with the spine which is often before most women know they are pregnant and because our IP tends to keep is in a more acidic mode, that might not promote good spinal and eventually bone development. Talk with your doctor and make sure they understand how IP works.

If it's any comfort, I did great losing weight while pregnant---of course, it was mostly because I couldn't keep anything down!
HAHAHA yup that was me the first 4 months...yuk! But also the HCG does it...which is why they advertise it as a diet tool....but considering the nauseating side effects I prefer IP LOL
Old 09-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 258/258/170

For someone who never had hunger pangs, the first days have been trying. I'm hungry most of the time. Is this typical? When do they dissipate?
Old 09-07-2010, 07:22 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastalcrafter View Post
how do you get a ticker NEXT to your original ticker??
Just "smoosh" -- a highly technical term -- the two links together. Don't put a space or hit enter between the two links. It'll look something like:
url="blahblahblah.yadayada.com"moreblahblahblah[/url ][url=" and more argybargy technobabble [url]
Don't put a "return" (old-school) or "enter" between the red square brackets.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-07-2010 at 07:22 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:37 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Quote:
Just "smoosh" -- a highly technical term -- the two links together. Don't put a space or hit enter between the two links. It'll look something like:
url="blahblahblah.yadayada.com"moreblahblahblah[/url ][url=" and more argybargy technobabble [url]
Don't put a "return" (old-school) or "enter" between the red square brackets.
Hey Svelting,

Are you a computer know-it-all geek by nature? Or do you get paid in your real life job for being so technologically awesome? The simple, straight forward way you answer computer related questions is appreciated! Plus using words like, "smoosh" and "technobabble" put the electronically ignorant like me right at ease.
Closed Thread