Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 12:28 PM   #31  
LBM

S/C/G: 202/186.5/145

Height: 5-3

SO I had my 1st weigh in Friday. Down 4lbs, 1 pt on the BMI, my viseral fat went down 1 point (though it was already a very healthy 9), lost 1/2 inch on my waist and 2" (yes TWO) from each thigh!! Whoa! and that was after only 5 days!

Weighed myself today, down another 3 from Friday. I'm shocked, but I can feel it.

I did find a "diet beer" for those who love it. My coach mentioned it to me and told me that as long as I eat clean foods the next day, I'm ok.

Its Bud 55, 1.9 g carbs and 55 calories. I know we are not supposed to have alcohol or bubbles...I rode my horse both days I had a few. According to my on line calculations, I burned around 500 calories each day. (did not elevate my heart rate above recommended though).

It was my treat!

Also discovered that I cannot drink the wildberry smoothy. I can't tolerate eggs well, unless they are baked or cooked. I get terrible pain in my back area, like a spasm (I know it is internal though). Unfortunately I liked these but have to return the remaining ones.

Havent had any food cheats. The hardest part is trying to conjure up recipes. I invented an awesome one with aspargus, portobello and boneless chicken. Will post in Recipe forum! My coach said I should hit 160 in 8 weeks and we'll discuss my goal weight then. 145 may make me look too skinny and be too hard to maintain-I'm very muscular with a huge chest (which shrinks to big when I'm thin).
Old 09-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #32  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowahawkeyemom View Post
I use the one in Burlington. How about you? I have a friend who uses the one in Mt Pleasant.
Yep, New Beginnings in Burlington. Cool!
Old 09-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 238/154/150

Height: 5'7" Started IP 07/19/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
UH OH!! That is what I was worried about it sounding too much like!

Really, Novak does that so much better than I do. I really am not quite as skilled or practiced at it.

Here's hoping everyone had a great holiday and has a wonderful Tuesday ahead of them.
Really, I think you were right on the mark with your comments. I think the 'no cheating' mentality is the success of this diet where all others have failed. I love Novak's saying 'Do or Do Not...there is no try. This is a program that takes commitment and if you play around with food choices every few days or even once a week, it doesn't work. You may still lose weight but the whole principle of the diet, as I understand it' is to give your body time to recover from all of the abuse of sugar and junk food. If we keep tempting ourselves with just a bite of this or that, the body never gets a chance to do what it is supposed to and I suspect affects the long-term outcome of this diet. Keep up the good work!!
Old 09-07-2010, 12:54 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 177.4 / 143.2 / 135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBM View Post
SO I had my 1st weigh in Friday. Down 4lbs, 1 pt on the BMI, my viseral fat went down 1 point (though it was already a very healthy 9), lost 1/2 inch on my waist and 2" (yes TWO) from each thigh!! Whoa! and that was after only 5 days!

Weighed myself today, down another 3 from Friday. I'm shocked, but I can feel it.

I did find a "diet beer" for those who love it. My coach mentioned it to me and told me that as long as I eat clean foods the next day, I'm ok.

Its Bud 55, 1.9 g carbs and 55 calories. I know we are not supposed to have alcohol or bubbles...I rode my horse both days I had a few. According to my on line calculations, I burned around 500 calories each day. (did not elevate my heart rate above recommended though).

It was my treat!

Also discovered that I cannot drink the wildberry smoothy. I can't tolerate eggs well, unless they are baked or cooked. I get terrible pain in my back area, like a spasm (I know it is internal though). Unfortunately I liked these but have to return the remaining ones.

Havent had any food cheats. The hardest part is trying to conjure up recipes. I invented an awesome one with aspargus, portobello and boneless chicken. Will post in Recipe forum! My coach said I should hit 160 in 8 weeks and we'll discuss my goal weight then. 145 may make me look too skinny and be too hard to maintain-I'm very muscular with a huge chest (which shrinks to big when I'm thin).
There are not "treats" on this diet, only cheats. Novak or Showgirlaz or another more knowledgeable person may chime in on this one. I am not an expert and don't portray one here either , but no coach should be suggesting alcohol while on program. Regardless if the next day is "clean", I think it's still going to knock you out of ketosis and possibly set you back.

I also find it odd that your coach is forecasting your weight loss. Having seen many on here struggle with consistent 1-3 pound losses I quickly learned that setting a time frame on a goal just might not make sense.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:08 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
Ladies and gents, we've answered the exact same question from kelly1234 (post #20 above) in several different threads. I suggest that we do not respond again, or further. Let's not feed a possible troll, pretty please If someone is going to troll, make 'em work a little harder than repeatedly cutting and pasting the same question.

I am new to this website and these were my first posts made. I did not know I was not allowed to ask in different threads as I was not sure which was the most appropriate area to post.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:11 PM   #36  
Restarted on 01/10/17

S/C/G: 212/212/123

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
marionm....I'm from a small town called Wapello in the very southeastern part of the state.
Woohoo! Burlington here!!!! I use Ideal Weight Loss Clinic on Central Avenue.

Last edited by amylew; 09-07-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:12 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1234 View Post
I am new to this website and these were my first posts made. I did not know I was not allowed to ask in different threads as I was not sure which was the most appropriate area to post.
Thanks for coming back and letting us know you're real and well-intentioned! Please accept my apology for being so wrong. I've deleted my original message. Feel free to delete where you've quoted it in your message, or not.

It was a concern to me to see the question and answered in two places yesterday and then asked again word for word in today's thread. I hope you'll understand that I (we?) want to keep the forums useful for people who follow IP.

You're allowed to post your question just about anywhere. We may redirect you to a thread where you're likely get more answers.

Have you found the answers that people provided? What other questions do you have?

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-07-2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #38  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
Hey, I'm in New London, originally from Mepo. What clinic do you use?
Quote:
marionm....I'm from a small town called Wapello in the very southeastern part of the state. I got the name I use on here because two of my kids graduated from the Univeristy of Iowa. Always a hawkeye here!

I'm taking this diet hour by hour here on out. Got to! Everyone says it gets easier to stay on it after the first two weeks or so. No more cheats for me!
Hour by hour if that is what you need is great. It does get easier. In many ways, once I decided if I cheated I was cheating on me, I felt much freer and relief because I know it is working and I'll succeed.

Quote:
Yep, New Beginnings in Burlington. Cool!
Wow, lots of us in Iowa!

Some days you just have one of those days and today is mine. Nothing major wrong, just bleh! Hope you are all having better days!
Old 09-07-2010, 01:40 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/145

Height: 5'11"

I was reading in yesterday's thread about TOM issues. I remember reading about issues in the past also, but it seems that most are having it more frequently than usual. Anyone else having it less frequently??
Old 09-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 255/195/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoyldrotn View Post
First post, but I've been lurking for 8 weeks now. Down 26 lbs and 9 sizes! The funniest thing happened the other day and I thought I'd share. I was trying to move a bookshelf at work and thought I'd hurt my shoulder. Every time I moved my arm up it radiated pain. This went on for about 2-3 weeks. Since my bones are now showing, I figured out the problem. I broke my collar bone! Never would have known it if it wasn't for IP. Started wearing a brace and all is good now. The things you discover on this diet. ROFL.
Sorry to hear you broke a bone...ouch! but....congrats on the 26 lb loss yeah!!! Also love your avatar...how did you do that?
Old 09-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #41  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post

Wow, lots of us in Iowa!
I take it you're in Marion?
Old 09-07-2010, 01:51 PM   #42  
Started IP 7/7/2010

S/C/G: 301/215 Restart 245/249/185

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
I take it you're in Marion?
Yes, Marion lives in Marion, Iowa and no, it wasn't planned!

Heading to Bettendorf this weekend though!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #43  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionm View Post
Yes, Marion lives in Marion, Iowa and no, it wasn't planned!

Heading to Bettendorf this weekend though!
Funny!
Old 09-07-2010, 02:34 PM   #44  

Default Cleaning out a closet!..

I spent a good part of this morning cleaning out a closet that I've hardly looked in for years!.. wow, what a surprise, gobs of clothes that I didn't even remember I had... the sad part, some are already too big for me... I'll give what I can to my mom (we used to be the same size) & donate the rest to Salvation Army... but there are some that I am thrilled to see & that fit just right!.. of course, they all need washing, so I've got a ton of laundry to do, but it'll be worth the work...

hugs
Old 09-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #45  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1234 View Post
Hi Everyone! I started IP last week and I love it! The first week I lost 6lbs!!! Im upset though because with the holiday weekend it was a little hard not to cheat. On saturday I had a few pita chips and half a can of soda. On Sunday I ate a few pretzels and some chips and guacamole.... do you think I will gain everything back? Will I be able to lose this week!??!
I believe people have already answered this in the various other places you posted it.
Closed Thread