Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 10:23 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 191/155/155 -- revised to /145

Height: 5'6"

Kelsey,
Just saw your before and after pictures. You go, girl! What an amazing transformation. I hope I'm able to be as focused on the goal as you are.

On yesterday's thread, I saw a new poster from Illinois ... are there any others out there? I'm from an area about 100 miles southeast of Chicago.

Also, can someone explain how the Halloween challenge works. Do I just update my ticker that I created, os is there a place to record my weigh ins on this forum?
Old 09-06-2010, 10:40 AM   #17  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Well....I'm going with food poisoning....my bf just woke up and he said that it hit him last night. He said that he had awful cramps and experienced the same things I had with the hurting so bad you want to vomit! Thank goodness! Hoping the other 2 from our breakfast party don't get sick!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:44 AM   #18  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebs grandma View Post
Kelsey,
Just saw your before and after pictures. You go, girl! What an amazing transformation. I hope I'm able to be as focused on the goal as you are.

On yesterday's thread, I saw a new poster from Illinois ... are there any others out there? I'm from an area about 100 miles southeast of Chicago.

Also, can someone explain how the Halloween challenge works. Do I just update my ticker that I created, os is there a place to record my weigh ins on this forum?
Thanks! I'm sure you'll do great on this plan. If you follow it, the weight will just fall off!

You need to put your weight here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...challenge.html every Monday, and then Journeysend or Nicole will update the spread sheet. To watch your progress on the spreadsheet follow the link in Journeysend's signature. Good luck!!!

Don't forget to post final weigh-in weights today for the 20 lbs by Labor Day Challenge. I know there are a lot of you who feel discouraged that you didn't make it, but hey, we've lost a lot of weight collectively and I'd like to see our final total! WE did great!

Last edited by Kelsey; 09-06-2010 at 11:00 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by calebs grandma View Post
Kelsey,

Hi, calebs grandma! I live just south of Chicago, frighteningly close to the Indiana border. I'm in Lansing. Where are you?
Old 09-06-2010, 11:08 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendagorman View Post
I've been considering starting this diet however I've noticed that a lot of people on this diet have significant amounts to lose. I need to lose about 20 lbs and while that doesn't seem like much, I'm petite and dont want to wake up with a lot more to lose. Is this diet appropriate for someone with only 20 to lose.
Not only is it appropriate; it was originally designed for athletes who had very little weight to lose. Dr. Tran only later began using it in his more overweight patients. You can download and read his book on his website if you haven't already done so: www.trantiendiet.com.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #21  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
LOL, I have green eyes! I would love love love to stop at 160 (I would be so close OMG) but alas I have to go to 135...
We can still be twins.....the only sister I have has brown eyes. I guess we have to blame this mix on a German father and an Italian mother....for years I wondered if I was adopted. lol..

I'm inspired by your stick-to-it-ive-ness.....At any rate I have to stay on IP phase one thru the holidays or you know what might happen

Someone here said it will be when we can wear the clothes we want to wear....sounds good to me.

Marilyn
Old 09-06-2010, 12:30 PM   #22  

Height: 5'10"

Does anyone have any recommendations for salsa? I have looked in the stores and I've only seen some that have 1 Carb and 1 Sugar. I'm just looking for a good option for making a taco salad.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-06-2010, 01:07 PM   #23  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

OM! I had my first food dream last night. POPCORN! It was a nightmare really. i have seen others post about food dreams and had to share mine. I woke up in a panic thinking I really ate a big bowl of buttered popcorn. How funny is that!
Old 09-06-2010, 01:09 PM   #24  
Nichole

Just wanted to say hello and happy labor day!

My cousin gave birth to twins Thursday night so I spent most of the weekend from that point on at the hospital. I'm sad to admit this but I missed my scale, lol. I'm currently at my parents' house but looking forward to weighing in when I return to my brother's house this evening.

I feel like all I ever post about is TOM so here I go again. It came unexpectedly again last week (about 2 weeks after the last one) when I was on the 2nd week of a new pack so I finally called and made an appointment with the gynecologist. It's a new one but I will have all of my files transferred to her office before the appointment. I'm 99.9% sure it's nothing serious and just a side effect of the weight loss but it may also be time to switch pills. The PMS part drives me crazy.

Now for the good news... I went to a few stores on Saturday and I am firmly in the misses department now instead of plus. I bought an XL dress from Kohl's and the size 16 jeans fit, although they were way too long.

Last edited by nitenic; 09-06-2010 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:18 PM   #25  
Tee

S/C/G: 172/172/107

Height: 5'2"

wyoangel Way to go! I have mastered the 'no sampling' at our house. Now my family wants to eat some of the things I have been eating in front of them for 6 weeks now. AMAZING!
Old 09-06-2010, 01:54 PM   #26  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristiv88 View Post
Does anyone have any recommendations for salsa? I have looked in the stores and I've only seen some that have 1 Carb and 1 Sugar. I'm just looking for a good option for making a taco salad.
Have you thought of making your own? Tomatoes and onions are restricted veggies, peppers could be gently cooked, vinegar and hot sauce are condiments on the IP acceptable list.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
I feel like all I ever post about is TOM so here I go again. ... It's a new one [gyno] but I will have all of my files transferred to her office before the appointment. I'm 99.9% sure it's nothing serious and just a side effect of the weight loss but it may also be time to switch pills. The PMS part drives me crazy.

Now for the good news... I went to a few stores on Saturday and I am firmly in the misses department now instead of plus. I bought an XL dress from Kohl's and the size 16 jeans fit, although they were way too long.
I hope the change in doctors is a good one for you. I am fortunate that I've had minimal PMS over 30 years. Any symptoms I've had can be directly attributed to what I'd been eating over the previous month or so. for your shopping NSV (non-scale victory). And, thanks for the tip that Kohl's jeans fit long. I'll have to check them out the next time I'm in the US and near a store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Yeah, not sure whether it was the breakfast choice or the additives. I guess the only way to tell is to brave something similar again. Ugh. The thought makes me cringe. Part of me goes with food poisoning....because once I was done in the bathroom, I felt pretty good (shaky and weak aside). NO FUN! I was able to eat supper just fine and splurged with sugar free jello while they raved about the ice cream! Lol!
When you first posted about the negative reaction, I thought the source might be the green peppers or the mushrooms, they can get a fair amount of handling. There have been produce recalls over the last few years. So it now we've now suggested everything you ate as the source. Just thinking about it, one of the consumer-pharma companies runs ads for their anti-Montezuma's revenge product during the winter to vacationers going south. One of the print ads shows a drink and indicates that the ICE CUBES might be the source of some suffering! Sorry your bf is now dealing with it. Whatever cause it, I'm glad you're feeling better.

I returned from a nice visit with my parents. My mother was very interested in my eating plan. I've found a way to talk about IP that doesn't freak people out: "It's a low-fat, low-carb, adequate protein diet. To get enough protein quickly and conveniently, I use a variety of protein powder mixes." My parents couldn't have been more accommodating, including a trip to the farmers market for veggies for dinner. Although I passed on the breads and "treats," which were plentiful, I did go off plan with some yummy 1" thick lamb chops and I had a sip each night of my sweetheart's wine. The nice thing about taking a sip of the wine was that I made sure to savour every millilitre.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:17 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 212.5/173/137

Height: 5'7.5"

I just found this site a few days ago, although 1 started the program on July 26. It's great to have this source of information, as the "coach" is an employee at the doctor's office who weighs us (me and my husband) and fills our food order. So far she hasn't been able to answer one of my questions, so I have stopped asking.
Now I have a question for you. Has IP discontinued the Strawberry Pudding mix? I see it on their website, but was told by the "coach" that the company isn't shipping it anymore. She doesn't restrict our choices, so I know it's not because she doesn't think we should have it.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #28  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkyparry View Post
Yes, not to mention that we are both blonde's and probably blue-eyed to boot....now, one question, do we both have to go to 135 lbs? It seemed daunting enough to lose 60 lbs!

Marilyn
Hi Marilyn, I don't know whether or not this will help, but if you need another point of comparison I'm 5'4", too, and I set a weight goal for the mid-30s even though I know it should be lower because I'm pretty fine boned. Maybe that weight is a green-eyed thing?
Old 09-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #29  

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paygirl View Post
OM! I had my first food dream last night. POPCORN! It was a nightmare really. i have seen others post about food dreams and had to share mine. I woke up in a panic thinking I really ate a big bowl of buttered popcorn. How funny is that!
Aren't they just the worst?!?!
Old 09-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #30  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal88 View Post
Now I have a question for you. Has IP discontinued the Strawberry Pudding mix? I see it on their website, but was told by the "coach" that the company isn't shipping it anymore. She doesn't restrict our choices, so I know it's not because she doesn't think we should have it.
I sure hope not! It's one of the few non-soy products and I'm living on it, literally. I'll check with my coach tomorrow.
Closed Thread