Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 09:31 PM   #61  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Journeysend View Post
Linden Thank you so much for your idea of everyone only having one post for the 20 by Hallowe'en Challenge and then editing it each week to update their weigh in!!!! That will keep our posts to a range that will be easier to handle.

Gaile
My only modification is to have everyone update their post in a new post and eliminate the old one. That way you can tell at a glance, by date, who has updated. 63!
Old 09-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie View Post
From the Alternatives thread:
My sister found these great shakes at Costco: (click the blue arrow next to Meggie's name to see original link. ) ... She's set to start on IP September 7. I'm really excited for her.
Thanks for the tip on the shakes. I picked up a case over the weekend and quite enjoyed one today.
to your sister on her Day 1 tomorrow!
Old 09-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #63  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca7 View Post

Todays challange: my in-laws just returned from their annual trip to Europe and brought back chocolate.
Hi Becca, Put your chocolate in the freezer with as little air in the bag as possible. It may lose it's tempering and the edges might turn white, but it will still be good. The better the chocolate the more stable, I believe.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:45 PM   #64  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUSU View Post
Nitenic

My DIL is works in the chiropractic center where I do IP. She's received additional training about the diet-in fact even heard Dr. Tran Tien Chanh speak. They were told that abdominal fat includes a store of estrogen-I read an article where they said abdominal fat=women having a third ovary. Anyway, as you lose/metabolize abdominal fat, it releases this estrogen. This means that menopausal women could even spot or have a kind of period. It also could render birth control ineffective. There was at one time a discussion of "IP Babies" or women who became pregnant while on the diet.

Like others have said, I'm no doctor-this is just something that she told me because she didn't want me to freak out if I started spotting or had a period.

Good luck to you and I hope you get some answers!
Thanks CUSU. I'm pretty sure that's all that is happening here. My last ob/gyn's office didn't seem to think that losing weight rapidly would have any effect on my cycle which is only one of many reasons I'm switching doctors.

Very cool that your DIL has heard Dr. Tran Tien Chanh speak!!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:03 PM   #65  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...thkey=CKuYgrcO

The results are in... even though most of us didn't make the 20 lbs by labor day, we still lost over 700 lbs collectively. Great job!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 201.5/171.5/140?

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linden View Post
Hi Becca, Put your chocolate in the freezer with as little air in the bag as possible. It may lose it's tempering and the edges might turn white, but it will still be good. The better the chocolate the more stable, I believe.
Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:23 PM   #67  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post

Good luck!
I just had to say...."are you pondering what I'm pondering?"

~Brain

Hehehe... love the name!

Last edited by deinekatze; 09-06-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:32 PM   #68  
kju

S/C/G: 192/182/150

Height: 5'6"

Made it through the long weekend (a trip to the city, the Labor Day Classic football game and my mil brought over apple pie) with no cheats - yeah! Love reading all your posts everyone.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:49 PM   #69  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillyputty View Post
ok so I am over my cheat... and I am no longer in ketosis How long will it take me to get back into the groove? I don't feel hungry, but my ketosticks were good indicators before... today nothing.
I feel so depressed.
Silly putty, I think I answered this in the OOPS thread. In any case, if you haven't seen it, it will depend on how effected your body was. It could take 1 to 4 days. Basically, you will lose the better part of this week. Just settle in, forget about how long it will take and worry about WHAT it will take. You definitely create a deliberate stall when you cheat even a little.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly1234 View Post
Hey! So i just started the ideal protein diet last week. The first week I lost 6lbs!!! 2nd week has been harder with labor day weekend. I did pretty well except eysterday i snuck in a little soda and a few pita chips... today i had some pretzels and a few chips n guacamole.... do you think this will severly affect my weight loss for week 2??
Please see the response above. EVEN A LITTLE is a cheat. It will put you into a stall and you will basically have to "get your engine going" again. YES, even a little. So far you have indicated a little cheat 2 days in a row. That is starting a habit.

NOW for anyone else who is in this place, has been or has been wondering:

A little is not ok. The goal is to be on a ketogenic plan. It is that way for a reason. If you are in ketosis your body will "borrow" the needed calorie intake from your fat cells. If you are not in ketosis, you are in on a very unhealthy low calorie diet. I mean unhealthy because, it is very hard on your body to live at 800 to a 1000 calories. You will create problems for yourself that Ideal Protein has intentionally designed not to occur if you are in ketosis. You may burn muscle or you may under nourish the muscle you have.

PLEASE understand this diet is about a medically designed, medically managed health program. It has the benefit of losing weight BY CORRECTING health issues through a KETOGENIC process. If you choose to ignore that, and this is stated in Dr Tran's book, you will simply be on a low calorie diet which is not healthy and he does not advocate.

I know it is tempting and I know it is hard but, if you see yourself having tastes of this and tidbits of that and are doing so day after day, recognize, you are NOT on the ideal protein protocol and you can be harming yourself if you were to continue.

I know that sounds harsh. I am sorry to be that way. I just would hate for you to put your money into a program and then not understand why it isn't working, why you don't feel good, why you got a side effect that you shouldn't have or,any other thing. You really need to see this for what it is,

A MEDICALLY DESIGNED PROGRAM TO IMPROVE HEALTH WHILE PROMOTING WEIGHT LOSS...

then stay the course.

Sorry about the "tough love" for anyone who sees it that way,

PS: I am in no way trying to discourage anyone or trying to encourage one to depart from this program. I am simply trying to point out, YOU CHOSE AN AMAZING PROGRAM, PLEASE work with it and not against it and yourself in attaining the success you should have.

And, Yes, I know others have cheated and still succeeded. It is not measurable what toll that took on them but, having watched their posts, only a rare few managed this without creating added difficulties and challenges along the way.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 09-07-2010 at 02:15 AM. Reason: ps added
Old 09-06-2010, 11:29 PM   #70  

Height: 5'7"

Carla is correct! At the chiropractic center where I do Ideal Protein, they are serious about the wellness aspect of regaining your health while losing the weight. If you are cheating or not following the protocol, they advise that you not continue the diet and wait until a time when you can devote yourself to strictly following the protocol. This is not some type of diet where you can scheme or find ways to skate by with cheating. To do this, as Carla mentions, is a very unhealthy thing to do to your body. I hope that you can look at the big picture. By temporarily limiting what you consume, you can regain your health. I have believed since before I started this adventure that the temporary limits get me to an unlimited future. In this future, I have good health and avoid the adult onset diabetes every other person in my family has. I once and for all find a way to eat that will allow me to be healthy and to maintain the weight I have "gotten rid of." I am not "losing" weight again, because in the past.....I always found it.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:24 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Hi Ladies, I'm back from my weekend with my sis in Bremerton, we had a lot of fun. Life is so centered around food with almost all gatherings. That can be challenging but I made it through and found things that worked for me on menus.

One was Qdoba (a mexican place where you go through to order like a subway). They had salad, the lettuce was really perfect, dark green and fresh chopped nicely. I had them add some chicken and they fresh cooked some vegies for me to throw on top, so it was like a faita salad, I squeezed lemon over it and put our special salt on it, it was great. Partly because I think my tastes are changing to, I don't seem to be so dependant on highly tasty fatty foods.

Not sure if I missed the weigh in for the group 20 pounds by Halloween. I'll check in on that thread, I was at 305 this morning. Didn't lose over the weekend. The traveling had me a bit off on drinking my water I'm afraid. Driving and drinking LOTS of water just don't mix real well!

Night all!
Closed Thread