Old 09-05-2010, 11:09 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 281/281/150

Default New to IP

Hello. I'm new to IP...today is day 5. I feel terrible. Have a terrible headache everyday...sometimes all day and sometimes only afternoon into evening. For past 2 days I have been very fuzzy headed. Is this sugar withdraw? Has anyone else had this and how long does it last. Also I thought I would have a large weight loss this week but so far it looks like I've only lost one pound. I think I'm following the plan exactly. I hope this gets better as IP sounds so great and I want it to work as I have a lot of weight to lose. Thanks for your help.
neuma48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 11:40 AM   #2  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Have you been getting in your oil and salt? Salt and vitamins are really key. I had a horrible 5 days complete with fevers and I felt like I had the flu. It will get better. Try a salt shot when you are feeling fuzzy headed and cruddy. Tastes horrible but you will feel better.
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/190/125

Height: 5'1 ... started IP 08/13/10

I didn't feel very well myself for a few days, but now I am into week3, feel great! Stick to it, the weight WILL come off! Take care
candace5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Hi and

I mentioned this on another thread this morning! Be patient and keep doing what you are doing. It is a false belief that all bodies get into ketosis in 3 days or by day 4. It can take 10 days for some and a rare few take longer.

It is determined by how much glucose and glycogen your body was able to store. Until your glucose and glycogen are fully depleted your body will not be in ketosis. As a result, as your body is losing energy stores and making a shift into a new process to create the required energy, you will possibly be more tired, sluggish, foggy.

And, yes, as you are removing the carbs your body is going through lots of withdrawals. It is withdrawing from salts, sugars, caffeine, and other chemicals. It will be detoxing itself through the process. You should drink plenty of water, add an extra bit of sea salt in water and drink it, nd have an extra packet (mango peach or orange are recommended if you are having a sugar low) if you need it.

I am sorry you are feeling badly but, know you aren't alone. It is a necessary part of resetting our body to create a healthy environment for the future. Many people experience dizziness, severe headaches, nausea, vomitting, diarrhea, constipation, fatigue, and brain fog while their body adjusts and detoxes.

DO make sure to tell your coach and Doctor what you are experiencing on the chance that you are having something more going on but, do not be surprised to hear "it is normal"
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome neuma48

What Carla said!! It is rather tough in the beginning, but this too shall pass! Just worry about the one day that you are in. You'll know that you are moving on to ketosis when you begin spending a large amount of time in the bathroom-having to p** every ten minutes. Soon, you'll be feeling energetic and clear headed. Then you'll be the one here encouraging people who say "New to IP" All the best on your IP journey. It is literally life changing. Congratulations on making this choice for your health and future. Let us know how you are doing....and if we can help.
CUSU is offline   Reply With Quote