Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 07:24 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat - Sunday 9/05/2010

Post your introductions and questions here! If you're new to this forum or to Ideal Protein, please read this post.

Regular and return chatters, you know what to do.

Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page

Click the link below to see all the "sticky threads" that contain frequently used and requested information. They're at the top; topics include: Tips for Newbies, FAQ, Alternatives to IP Packets, Travel Tips, Recipes. Below that are almost (?) all the discussions on 3fatchicks about Ideal Protein. It's a rich archive with lots of really great information.
Bookmark it! Make it a Favorite! Your BEST source of Ideal Protein Information - Our Forum

3FATCHICKS Forum Technical Stuff

Tickers and signatures: The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread

For other "How do I do ..... on this forum" questions: Forum help board

Search: If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using Google. I posted about it in Search tip using Google

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Other helpful links

Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's website

PDF file of Dr. Tran Tien Chanh's book, The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You

Please let me know if you want me to edit this post to add any other links!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:41 AM   #2  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

Originally Posted by HopefulTricia
But today I leave for vacation. A lot to do-- I hope I am like calebs grandma who went on a cruise and gained less than 1 pound...

Originally Posted by MakeitMatter
Hope you have a fantastic trip!
Try not to stress about POSSIBLY gaining while on vacation. You've been on plan for a long time, you know how to make good, healthy food choices. Relax and enjoy yourself. IF you do gain, when you return just jump back into phase 1 full steam and you'll quickly get back to where you want to be. I'm betting though that you'll do just fine because you've already proven to yourself that you're a strong, capable women who can handle this.

Enjoy your vacation Tricia!

Thanks MakeitMatter-- your words are very kind-- like most things in life, I wish this trip was a month or two from now. I am really doing well this late in the diet, something that never happened with all the other diets I have done. Want to keep up the momentum but also enjoy the vacation. We'll see. I will only enjoy the best food. Otherwise it will be easy to pass.Plus protein and vegetables are just a great choice for me now. I don't think I like rice, or pasta or even baked potatoes anymore. Now bread,,, the crusty part especially, that's another story or some really superb desserts...

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 09-05-2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #3  

Thumbs up The time machine message - Yesterday, but today?

Yesterday's thread

qwizardgal, janene, kju and upnorth
  • JourneysEnd has re-read Dr. Tran's book and is going to cut back on the cauliflower and broccoli
  • nursemel reported on her Day 1 of IP
  • Coastalcrafter checked in after her anniversary celebrations with a funny story about grocery shopping
  • JessicaCourez was delayed in taking her supplements -- Guess why?
  • sillyputty returned from her night out with friends with the sad news of a slip of protocol. Let's cheer her to get back on track
  • Traveling Stitcher popped in -- she's been following and appreciates your responses to her
  • Linden provided great assistance to the new folks
  • petiteandcute ... Novak may have found her deputy for on the board -- p'n'c is keeping us on the straight and narrow with a heaping packet of kindness!
  • Novak doled out a hearty welcome and some trademark "just give it to me straight, doc" coaching
  • makeitmatter carried the ball on some early morning chat
  • HopefulTricia is heading off on vacation aiming to maintain or keep any gain to < 1 lb.

And... HopefulTricia "sneaked" in a post before I was done the recap. I see why - Saturday thread is closed! [/scratches head]

Have a great vacation Tricia!

Thanks for cheering my great result from last week! I was pretty sure it was going to be a good one; I had been on protocol -- the way I do it -- for 2 weeks, a blip of too many devil bars on two days. Having read the experience of so many others on this forum, I knew that the "0" should only be taken seriously if it had continued for several weeks. So thanks to everyone who posts, you never know who will benefit!

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 09-05-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:41 AM   #4  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Good Sunday Morning All!

Thanks I'm Svelting for the daily recaps and starting the daily posts!! I am thrilled you had a huge loss last weigh in......
Old 09-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #5  
Started IP August 1, 2010

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Missed reading this board for the past two weeks... taking off wallpaper and prepping my house for the painters to come in and the new carpet to be laid... what a job!! Plus had company for our nieces wedding! So glad to say that I stayed on plan.... except at the wedding... I ate a little bit of broccoli and a small piece of curry chicken, two small pieces of grilled salmon, and a large piece of grilled steak!! Mmmmm it was divine
Happy to report that my scale didn't mind and I actually lost weight!! Love it!
My coach says that I might even lose quicker if I add more protein into my diet?? I'm having a hard time having all the required protein as it is... couldn't possibly add more... plus having trouble eating all the vegetables.. only getting about 1.5 cups a day. But I have to admit 25lbs in one month is not too bad
Have a great long weekend Canadians!! I get the privilege of working night shift during it but at least I can read this forum
Old 09-05-2010, 08:57 AM   #6  
:)

S/C/G: 222/195/135

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all! I second what Coastal said, Thanks I'm Svelting for doing such a great service everyday and starting the threads out with such panache! I love the recaps.

Good to see you petclerk. And for the record, it's a long weekend for we Americans as well!

Have an ideally great vacation, Tricia!

Last edited by Kelsey; 09-05-2010 at 08:59 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:15 AM   #7  
Started IP August 1, 2010

S/C/G: 290/246/120

Oops!! I stand corrected!! Have a Great Long Weekend Canadians & Americans!!
Old 09-05-2010, 10:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

Is tomorrow the start of the '20 by Halloween' challenge?

I noticed there's several of us participating in the challenge who are getting really close to reaching our goal weight/size/bmi... Get ready Bev, Novak, Wannabe, Rocky Monarch and the rest of you over there on the Life After thread.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #9  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
I noticed there's several of us participating in the challenge who are getting really close to reaching our goal weight/size/bmi... Get ready Bev, Novak, Wannabe, Rocky Monarch and the rest of you over there on the Life After thread.
We're waitin'... we're waitin'.... Got your big breakfast over here
Old 09-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 248.6/215.6/155

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning, all!

I've been up for hours getting a bunch of little tasks done - finally. hooked up a new scanner to my puter, and set up a new shredder under the desk. I'm moving my old shredder upstairs near the front door where I open all my mail.

Yesterday I did a lot of cooking for the week - turkeyburgers & baked chicken breasts. I also ordered some protein bars online. When they get here, I'm going to ask my son to hide them and only dole them out to me one at a time. I don't plan to eat them often, but there are times when they will "fit in" better than mixing up a shake. I don't want to get caught in the trap of relying on them every day. Besides, by coach probably wouldn't be too pleased with me.

Lots of housework to finish today, so I hope everyone has a great day. It's bright and sunny and cool here in Illinois.

Last edited by gibster; 09-05-2010 at 06:13 PM.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Default Still time to sign up for 20lbs by Hallowe'en Challenge!

Good Sunday Morning!!

There is still today to sign up for the new challenge!! We have over 50 participants so far...should be great.

Thanks Kelsey for doing the 20lbs to Labour Day Challenge, we all appreciate it so very much!!

to all the newbies, you have found the forum to help you on your way to success !!

Petclerk: Welcome back!!!

Last edited by Journeysend; 09-05-2010 at 10:47 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:49 AM   #12  
Started IP 9/1/10

S/C/G: 240/215/pregnant

Height: 5'8"

Oh geeez! Just opened my birthday gift from my boyfriend. Any guesses as to what I got?!?!

An ICE CREAM maker.....not his fault...I started IP 5 days ago...he ordered it weeks ago. Ugh. Sad thing is, he wants me to make it for supper tonight for our guests. Ugh.

Second note....going to breakfast in just a few....FIRST MEAL OUT! Kinda nervous...but, my bestie is going and it will be her 1st meal out on IP too! Strength in numbers.....right?!?!?!?!

Have a great day all!
Old 09-05-2010, 10:57 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
We're waitin'... we're waitin'.... Got your big breakfast over here
If someone else is cooking, I'll be right over!

Gotta admit, I love the simplicity of quickly fixing my shake and running out the door with it. I Know I'll love the big breakfasts on the weekend, but On the week days I'll either have to start waking up earlier (which isn't going to happen because I already wake up at 4:30!) or I need to find some yummy recipes for breakfast bars (Wannabe and Xanthia? Did u post recipes for some?) or recipes for mini quiches. I know there was recently talk on this subject with Rocky Monarch, which I'll re-read soon.

Did you have a good work out? I'm enjoying a recovery day. Since cardio is off limits I've been overdoing it on everthing else. Especially pilates and ab exercises. My tummy muscles are sore!

Last edited by makeitmatter; 09-05-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:59 AM   #14  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Default 1st Weigh In

Good Morning!

My official weigh in days are going to be Tuesday (due to coach's working hours), but as of today I've been on IP for one week and have lost 10.1 lbs! I am a little bit surprised at how easy I'm finding it, and absolutely love the simplicity.

It's a big day for football in Saskatchewan (those of you in Manitoba will know what I'm talking about ), so instead of the usual football munchie food, I'm planning on veggies and salad at lunch, then shrimp with cocktail sauce as my lunch protein, later during the game. The cocktail sauce has 25 calories and 5 g of carbs for 2 Tbps - a fairly decent compromise, I think. Any thoughts on that are welcome!

Have a great day everyone
Old 09-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyoangel View Post
Oh geeez! Just opened my birthday gift from my boyfriend. Any guesses as to what I got?!?!

An ICE CREAM maker.....not his fault...I started IP 5 days ago...he ordered it weeks ago. Ugh. Sad thing is, he wants me to make it for supper tonight for our guests. Ugh.

Second note....going to breakfast in just a few....FIRST MEAL OUT! Kinda nervous...but, my bestie is going and it will be her 1st meal out on IP too! Strength in numbers.....right?!?!?!?!

Have a great day all!
Hold on Wyoangel. It's your birthday and YOU'RE fixing dinner (or at least dessert) tonight? Something is wrong with this picture. Girl, you go tell your boyfriend,
"thanks" for the gift and by the way thanks in advance for making dinner." lol

Happy Birthday! Enjoy your special day.
Closed Thread