Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 02:44 PM   #61  

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by floradeluna View Post
ohh no.. not the junk food dreams.. I had those too...im glad they went away... lol its was weird to dream about pizza lol
This makes me SO happy to see!!! I thought I was going crazy having dreams about junk food!! I even managed to dream up an entirely new sandwich! Hmm...maybe I should contact Arby's about that!
Old 09-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #62  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristiv88 View Post
This makes me SO happy to see!!! I thought I was going crazy having dreams about junk food!! I even managed to dream up an entirely new sandwich! Hmm...maybe I should contact Arby's about that!
LOL!!!! You should and shall we call it.. *the full equip* or.. *dieter's dream*
Old 09-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 197/153/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kea66 View Post
I need some help. I don't get on here to post as much as I'd like but do lurk often. I am in the middle of week 4, "only" dropped 10 lbs - am following the protocol as closely as I can to perfectly. I even sometimes weight my meat and measure my veggies. Getting my salt and oil in, having lettuce with lunch and dinner along with veggies and any dinner protein. I never skip meals. I sometimes don't eat for 1.5 to 2 hours in the morning due to my schedule but I am drinking water. I get in at least 8 cups of water and sometimes more rarely less. BUT I AM STARVING all the time. I've tried to go over this with my coach and she had me add a 4th packet split in 2 between breakfast and lunch and then lunch and dinner..STILL HUNGRY.
This morning I got up at 6:00, had my vitamins and water (I know you are supposed to have them with food but I don't think that is my problem), grabbed a coffe around 7:00 as I left for work (I don't usually have my coffee til mid morning but I'm trying to change things around to see what might work), had my 'breakfast" (a butterscotch pudding), drank 4 cups of water between then and noon along with 1/2 pack of bbq soy nuts - seriously, there was maybe 10 minutes out of that period that my stomach wasn't growling.
For lunch (noon) I'm having cauliflower with mushroom soup and lettuce with cucumbers and some tomatoes (FYI, I rarely have restricted veggies). I can guarantee you that I will be hungry in less than an hour.
So I'm hungry all the time, spending tons of money on this program and anticipate I will have only lost about 12 lbs in a month. I'm not very happy.
First of all congrats on your loss! You're doing great, but I understand what you're talking about! I was literally starving the first 3 weeks of this diet; and gritting my teeth everyday just to get through it. The end of last week I started having my meat/seafood meal at lunch...OMG! what a difference that has made! I don't know if I finally got into ketosis or what; but starting last Saturday I started feeling full; and finally got that wave of energy everyone including my coach kept telling me I should be experiencing....I was like WTH is wrong with me?
Also; I finally decided during the 3rd week that I WAS NOT going to starve for another minute! One day I kid you not I had 5 packets; and I went to the store and bought a 4 pack of EAS shakes and only had a couple of them during the week, but they kept me from flying off the deep end and eating everything in sight because I was about that close to quitting.
Not sure if these two things would make any difference for you or not; but your situation sounds a lot like I was feeling for 3 weeks. Maybe try to make a stirfry w/ veggies at night and take to work for lunch w/ a salad and then have your veggies and a shake or soup for dinner?
Sorry so long, but I swear I could have typed out your post last week....I was just too hungry and tired to do it then though!LOL
I feel 10,000% better having my "real" meal at lunch instead of waiting until the evening. Oh, and before anyone gets onto me about the EAS shakes; I had a total of 2 last week...and it kept me and everyone around me alive!!LOL I've even been cooking my family their dinner in the evening and it's not bothering me at all.
Hope some of this helps!
Old 09-02-2010, 03:17 PM   #64  
Phase 4 - Aug 14, 2010

S/C/G: 192.5/158/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
Acting Director she has become. Boss people around she does. Defeat the Emperor she must. Powerful Jedi is she!

Found a Speedo I did. Wearing it now I am. Expect to be fired I do.
Baaaahhhhaaaaaaahhhhaaaaa: lol3:
That is fantastic ..... I have a visual of you cooking lunch on your little cooker at work in a speedo sipping an IP drink..... I really think you should do this and get pictures, I think you could sell it to IP?

Last edited by WannabeIP; 09-02-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:41 PM   #65  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
ok...here goes... you miss your sweets? THINK AGAIN... this article is awesome and man does it make me not want sweets ever again!
Thanks. Scary. The next article down, about allergies, is interesting, too.

Last edited by Linden; 09-02-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:50 PM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kea66 View Post
I need some help. I don't get on here to post as much as I'd like but do lurk often. I am in the middle of week 4, "only" dropped 10 lbs - am following the protocol as closely as I can to perfectly. I even sometimes weight my meat and measure my veggies. Getting my salt and oil in, having lettuce with lunch and dinner along with veggies and any dinner protein. I never skip meals. I sometimes don't eat for 1.5 to 2 hours in the morning due to my schedule but I am drinking water. I get in at least 8 cups of water and sometimes more rarely less. BUT I AM STARVING all the time. I've tried to go over this with my coach and she had me add a 4th packet split in 2 between breakfast and lunch and then lunch and dinner..STILL HUNGRY.
This morning I got up at 6:00, had my vitamins and water (I know you are supposed to have them with food but I don't think that is my problem), grabbed a coffe around 7:00 as I left for work (I don't usually have my coffee til mid morning but I'm trying to change things around to see what might work), had my 'breakfast" (a butterscotch pudding), drank 4 cups of water between then and noon along with 1/2 pack of bbq soy nuts - seriously, there was maybe 10 minutes out of that period that my stomach wasn't growling.
For lunch (noon) I'm having cauliflower with mushroom soup and lettuce with cucumbers and some tomatoes (FYI, I rarely have restricted veggies). I can guarantee you that I will be hungry in less than an hour.
So I'm hungry all the time, spending tons of money on this program and anticipate I will have only lost about 12 lbs in a month. I'm not very happy.
I'm on my 5th week of IP and I have been having serious problems with hunger as well. I'm talking being PAINFULLY hungry. I talked with my coach today at my weigh in and I'm going on the alternative plan, which gives me some "regular" food choices to add to my meals. I don't know how much it may slow down my weight loss, but I really couldn't continue on much longer the way I was, so if I lose slower, I just do, I can definitely live with that.
Old 09-02-2010, 03:55 PM   #67  
Nichole

Carla!!! So glad to see you posting again. I was so happy I almost started a new thread.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #68  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
ok...here goes... you miss your sweets? THINK AGAIN... this article is awesome and man does it make me not want sweets ever again!

http://www.reuters.com/article/idAFN0210830520100802
Amazing article! Take that all you people who think there are no issues with HFCS in foods! For that matter, those who love agave syrup sweeteners might want to ease up a bit too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
I'm only acting at the moment, so no more $$ than I already get for bossing people around, and I don't have a great deputy like me to be the bad cop. Still trying to figure out how this is a good deal for me.
Congratulations on being recognized for your remarkable skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post

Found a Speedo I did. Wearing it now I am. Expect to be fired I do.
Way to go and show off the new you!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

Hi Journeysend, please include me in the 20 by Halloween challenge, how fun, my first one!
Old 09-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #70  

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
I answered you in the thread you started. IMO I think it would be pretty difficult for someone with a whey/milk allergy to do IP. It's in almost every packet to varying degrees. Check the ingredients list in the IP - Food Alternatives thread to see which packets have less or no whey/milk. If there are some, use those exclusively for a few days and see if your symptoms improve.

Are you doing this program with a clinic and a coach?
I am providing a list of all the products I can find that are whey free, admittedly it is not all the products IP has so, I may not be as complete as I can be.

My suggestion is to start with whey free products, see if the reaction continues then eliminate another commonality. For instance, you could remove products with Acesulfame K.

The following products were the ones I found that are Whey Free.

Blueberry, Cranberry & Pomegranate Drink

Ingredients:
Collagen protein, citric acid, blueberry juice powder, natural flavour fruits, malic acid, cranberry juice powder, pomegranate juice powder, calcium gluconate, calcium glycinate, acesulfame potassium (70mg/packet), calcium citrate, sucralose (27mg/packet), silicon dioxide.

Wildberry Yogurt

Ingredients:
Milk protein concentrate, lactoserum protein isolate, albumin, artificial & natural flavours, ascorbic acid, sea salt, xanthan gum, microcrystalline cellulose, citric acid, dehydrated blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, potassium acesulfame (39mg/packet), sucralose (36mg/packet), silicon dioxide.

Orange Pancake
Ingredients:
Oat bran flour, calcium caseinate, oat bran, milk protein concentrate, soy protein isolate, albumin, citrisweet, natural flavours, sea salt, silicon dioxide

Plain Crepe
Ingredients:
Oat bran flour, calcium caseinate, oat bran, milk protein concentrate, soy protein isolate, albumin, sea salt, silicon dioxide.

Fine Herbs and Cheese Omelet
Ingredients:
Albumin protein, milk protein concentrate, soy protein concentrate, dehydrated red and green peppers, natural flavours, onion powder, potassium chloride, sea salt, fine herbs, colour, garlic powder, silicon dioxide

Vegetable Chili
Ingredients:
Textured soy protein, dehydrated vegetables (red beans, tomatoes, onions, red bell peppers and garlic), modified corn starch, hydrolyzed vegetable proteins (wheat, corn and soy), sunflower oil, sugar, spices, guar gum, citric acid, silicon dioxide, salt, autolyzed yeast extract, caramel colour.

Chicken Soup
Ingredients:
Soy protein isolate, artificial and natural flavours, sea salt, potassium chloride, sodium bicarbonate, yeast extract, xanthan gum, spices, silicon dioxide, colour.

Leek Soup
Ingredients:
Soy protein isolate, sea salt, onion powder, natural flavours, leek powder, potassium chloride, sodium bicarbonate, yeast extract, xanthan gum, silicon dioxide.

Hearty Stew
Ingredients:
Texturized soy protein, potato flour, dehydrated vegetables (potatoes, onions, carrots, garlic), sunflower oil, hydrolyzed wheat protein, pea protein isolate, natural flavour (beef fat), spices, salt, caramel colour (sulphites), guar gum, autolyzed yeast extract, parsley flakes, tapioca starch.

Bolognese Spaghetti
Ingredients:
Textured soy protein, egg noodles (durum wheat flour, water,dried yolk), dehydrated vegetables (tomatoes, onions, mushrooms, garlic), sugar, modified corn starch, hydrolyzed vegetable porteins (wheat, corn and soy), sunflower oil, salt, soy fiber, spices, caramel colour (sulphites), annato, natural flavours.

Banana Pudding
Ingredients:
Milk protein concentrate, soy protein isolate, natural flavour, sea salt, xanthan gum, skim milk powder, colour, sucralose (30mg/packet), silicon dioxide, acesulfame potassium (20mg/packet).

Cookies-n-Cream Bar

Ingredients:
Soy nuggets (isolated soy protein, rice starch), organic brown rice syrup, white chocolate (maltitol, fractionated palm kernel oil, milk protein isolate, milk fat, soy lecithin, and artificial flavour), isolated soy protein, cookies (enriched flour, sugar, vegetable oil shortening (vegetable oil, coconut oil), cocoa, corn starch, glucose, salt, modified milk ingredient, soya lecithin, natural flavour), organic agave syrup, glycerin, cocoa powder, high oleic sunflower oil, artificial flavour, natural flavours, soy lecithin (as emulsifier).

Butterscotch Pudding
Ingredients:
Milk protein concentrate, soy protein isolate, natural flavours, sea salt, xanthan gum, colour, sucralose (30mg/packet), silicon dioxide, acesulfame potassium (20mg/packet).

Chocolate Pudding
Ingredients:
Milk protein concentrate, cocoa, soy protein isolate, chocolate powder, sea salt, xanthan gum, color (caramel powder), sucralose, silicon dioxide

Lemon Pudding

Ingredients:
Milk protein concentrate, soy protein isolate, sea salt, xanthan gum, citric acid, natural flavours, skim milk, colour, sucralose (33mg/packet), acesulfame potassium (33mg/packet), silicon dioxide

Strawberry Pudding
Ingredients:
Milk protein concentrate, skim milk, natural flavour, xanthan gum, whey protein isolate, sea salt, citric acid, colour, dehydrated strawberry, sucralose (50 mg / pouch), silicone dioxide.

Choco-Banana Bar

Ingredients:
Soy nuggets (isolated soy protein, rice starch)., dark chocolate coating (maltitol, hydrogenated palm kernel oil, cocoa powder, milk, soy lecithin, vanilla extract), organic agave syrup, brown rice syrup, isolated soy protein, liquid polydextrose, dextrose, dextrin, soy protein nuggets (soy protein isolate, rice flour, malt extract, and salt), bananas, high oleic sunflower oil, glycerin, natural flavour, soy lecithin (as emulsifier).

Raspberry Jelly
Ingredients:
Hydrolyzed collagen, gelatin, colour (beetroot powder), citric acid, natural and artificial flavours, potassium citrate, sucralose (50mg/packet), tricalcium phosphate.

White Choco-Cinnamon bar
Ingredients:
Soy nuggets (isolated soy protein, rice starch)., organic brown rice syrup, white chocolate (maltitol, fractionated palm kernel oil, milk protein isolate, milk fat, soy lecithin, and artificial flavour), soy protein nuggets (soy protein isolate, rice flour, malt extract, and salt), isolated soy protein, glycerin, organic agave syrup, high oleic sunflower oil, cinnamon, natural flavour, soy lecithin (as emulsifier).

Choco-Raspberry Bar

Ingredients:
Soy nuggets (isolated soy protein, rice starch), chocolate coating (maltitol, fractionated palm kernel oil, cocoa powder, inulin, soy lecithin, acesulfame K, vanilla and sucralose), organic agave syrup, soy protein nuggets (soy protein isolate, rice flour, malt extract and salt), liquid polydextrose, brown rice syrup, isolated soy protein, high oleic sunflower oil, natural flavour, dextrose, dextrin, beet juice, soy lecithin (as emulsifier).

Soy Nuts - Garlic & Onions
Ingredients:
Soybeans, seasoning (salt, sugar, autolysed yeast extract, yeast, onion powder, spices, garlic powder, vegetable oil, silicon dioxide), sunflower oil.

Soy Nuts – BBQ
Ingredients:
Soybeans, BBQ seasoning (sugar, salt, yeast, spice, onion powder, tomato powder, garlic powder, citric acid, artificial flavour, silicon dioxide), sunflower oil.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #71  

I hve been on IP since Sunday. I have never been on a formal diet plan. I have lost wieght I had gained while pregnant with portion control and no snacks and no soda. I always had a reward on Sunday. If anyone is from Chicago my reward was chocolate cake from Portillos! I never lost my resolve or lost control etc. when I did this. I really still do not fully understand the process of IP I am learning. Does this program allow for a reward item at the end of the week?
Old 09-02-2010, 04:43 PM   #72  
Started IP March 1, 2010

S/C/G: 201.6/150.6/140

Height: 5'8"

Cptswife....glad you found a way to work through the hunger. There is nothing wrong with having an EAS Advantage shake. Way better than going off the plan. I don't know that I can help you. I never experienced the intense hunger, but I have seen some others post similiar feelings.
I did and still do sometimes split my meals. Salad about 11-11:30 and the protein about 1:00. I have a hard time getting my snack in during the evening, so many times I have it in the late afternoon and then split my evening meal like 6:00 and 7:30. Not everyone agrees, but I say, do what works for you and will keep you on the plan. My coach was supportive of splitting the meals. I also used celery as a free food and if I felt hungry I would have some with WF peanut butter on it in the afternoon and then have my snack packet in the evening. It just depended on the day and how I felt. The biggest thing is to stay in ketosis and having celery or splitting your meals won't knock you out. Hope things start going better.

Salesgod....you are really funny. Made my day!!!

Sorry KDWS...no rewards on this unless they are IP protocol. The rewards are the fast weight loss....It is so worth it. It is definitely a mind set and one that you have to understand and be ready for. For some, it really kicks their butt, for others it seems easier. My advice is to be totally committed, mind wise. Keep thinking how much good you are doing yourself and your family. Make up your mind that this is going to be the way you live from now on. Making the right choice in what you eat.

Something that I noticed when I am walking: My thighs don't rub together anymore. I know some of you can relate to that. I had a pair of jeans that had totally become threadbare between the legs!!! How embarrassing!!!!! Those went to the trash some time ago. It's the little things.....

Last edited by WyoSun; 09-02-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:44 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Carla!!! So glad to see you posting again. I was so happy I almost started a new thread.
Thank you Nic! I have been been keeping up on your posts to facebook. In fact, I have appreciated seeing all of your posts and everyone else who I am facebook buddies with too!

I am sorry that I have been missing. I have had many personal issues going on that really needed my attention. By the time I had opportunity (and internet access) I was often to exhausted to keep my eyes open and reading pages of posts. My grandmother had a transplant a little over a week ago and the donor tissue hasn't taken. We have been back in for 2 repair procedures and have another one to go this Friday. If that fails, we start over. I have been dealing with business issues and, unfortunately, a very dramatic home life. On top of everything else, It has been more, much more, than I could do in a day.

I have managed to catch myself up, I think. I wish the old threads were not closed. It was just too much to keep track of without being able to copy/past, multi quote, quote, etc.

Thanks to everyone for the laughter and humor. I laughed at Linden's comment "do not let the olive oil smoke. Or your kids." Cute!

Kelsey, I hope you got an answer to the symptoms you have been having. If not don't worry. I have been exactly where you were. I had the hair loss, chills, etc. It wasn't thyroid for me. My thyroid is actually improving. I have actually been not as strict lately and things are improving. I am still cold though. I don't know many people who can were sweaters at 100 plus degrees. According to my doctor it was attributable to the rapid loss of weight and the change in my vascular structure. She said it will slowly go back to the way it was.

ALSO, Kelsy, I died laughing at your description of WYOSUN's B&B and reason for "having lots of people for breakfast" I got the weirdest images of the movie PSYCHO in my head. ARRRGHH!!

Susie, Congrats on the reunion with Brandon.

Kimann! I wish you all the best as you approach your wedding.

Erin, GIRL! You just keep gettin' skinny! You really look beautiful. So happy for your last pant NSV.

Linden, I sent you a private message about Germany. I hope it helps.

Novak, sorry to let you down and not sweep in and solve/answer the daily posts and lots of new threads thing. It has been so long, I just wasn't sure I should resurrect it. For that matter, I have been out of this long enough I am not sure I am understanding the issues.

I'm Svelting: Thank you for everything and your PM! So, why the name change? I do love it though!

Rocky, I read the Wizard of Oz books and never recall a name to the dried up wicked witch of the west (sister of the witch to the east who died). I know in the movie THE WIZ she was named EVILINE.

Taylor, Soon to be MrsT, coastalcrafter, Journey Send, Wyosun, HELLO!!

Well, that is most of what I can remember for now. Forgive me if I have forgotten anyone.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:50 PM   #74  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDWS View Post
I hve been on IP since Sunday. I have never been on a formal diet plan. I have lost wieght I had gained while pregnant with portion control and no snacks and no soda. I always had a reward on Sunday. If anyone is from Chicago my reward was chocolate cake from Portillos! I never lost my resolve or lost control etc. when I did this. I really still do not fully understand the process of IP I am learning. Does this program allow for a reward item at the end of the week?
No, you cannot cheat or have rewards on this program. It will throw you out of ketosis and stall you a week or more sometimes. You have to be very strict with this diet unfortunately.
Old 09-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #75  
Dave - The Speedo King

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Way to go and show off the new you!
Not sure that my co-workers would agree that a Speedo is the best way to show off the new me. I think they're fine with the $5 Wal-Mart polos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannabeIP View Post
Baaaahhhhaaaaaaahhhhaaaaa: lol3:
That is fantastic ..... I have a visual of you cooking lunch on your little cooker at work in a speedo sipping an IP drink..... I really think you should do this and get pictures, I think you could sell it to IP?
Actually, I grilled today, so I didn't use my portable stove. Mmm, lo-carb turkey burgers on the grill. Tasty! I guess it's omelet or veggie chili for dinner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Not if you worked for me, Dave!
Wow! Someone's getting fired for sure. Me for wearing the Speedo. Or you, because you wouldn't mind...
Closed Thread