Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 04:56 PM   #76  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDWS View Post
I hve been on IP since Sunday. I have never been on a formal diet plan. I have lost wieght I had gained while pregnant with portion control and no snacks and no soda. I always had a reward on Sunday. If anyone is from Chicago my reward was chocolate cake from Portillos! I never lost my resolve or lost control etc. when I did this. I really still do not fully understand the process of IP I am learning. Does this program allow for a reward item at the end of the week?
Hi!

First, follow the advise you get from your coach.

Second, this is a program to help you heal the factors that have caused you to gain weight. It is as "medicinally oriented" as it is diet oriented. The purpose of taking away the carbs and treats is to allow you body time to rest, reset, and relearn how to manage insulin, glucagon, glucose, glycogen and several other metabolic hormones (ghrelin and leptin are two).

Third, this diet is manageable and, if you are willing to change your idea of what a "cheat or treat" is, yes, you may have one.

There have been changes to the Ideal Protein protocol that are slowly trickling down from the corporate offices. Some coaches are not as quick as jumping on board or sharing the information but, the new protocol allows restricted items from DAY 1. In fact, you can choose to use or to NOT use restricted items right from the beginning. They found it makes only a little difference for many people. If you are very carb sensitive, it is best to go without the added restricted items in the beginning, say from weeks 1 to 3.

In that regard, You can use the chocolate muffin/pancake to make a souffle. You can use the orange pancake to make muffins. You can use the oatmeal to make zucchini muffins. You can eat the Chocolate soy Puffs as a treat. You can take a caramel bar or other bar, cut it in small pieces, freezes, then slowly savour the bits as a treat. Surprisingly, you get to have a chocolate pudding every night if you want and, it does become a wonderful treat!

For the best results, and for as long as your possibly can, avoid the cheats on real food.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #77  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
Thank you Nic! I have been been keeping up on your posts to facebook. In fact, I have appreciated seeing all of your posts and everyone else who I am facebook buddies with too!

I am sorry that I have been missing. I have had many personal issues going on that really needed my attention. By the time I had opportunity (and internet access) I was often to exhausted to keep my eyes open and reading pages of posts. My grandmother had a transplant a little over a week ago and the donor tissue hasn't taken. We have been back in for 2 repair procedures and have another one to go this Friday. If that fails, we start over. I have been dealing with business issues and, unfortunately, a very dramatic home life. On top of everything else, It has been more, much more, than I could do in a day.
Meeeeee too. FB is a great way to stay connected! I was going to give you another week or so before I sent an inbox message to check on you! I'm so sorry to hear about the personal issues and especially your grandmother's transplant problem. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:36 PM   #78  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Congratulations on being recognized for your remarkable skills
Oh, yeah... I guess there's that.

Quote:
I am sorry that I have been missing. I have had many personal issues going on that really needed my attention. It has been more, much more, than I could do in a day.

I have managed to catch myself up, I think. I wish the old threads were not closed. It was just too much to keep track of without being able to copy/past, multi quote, quote, etc.

Novak, sorry to let you down and not sweep in and solve/answer the daily posts and lots of new threads thing. It has been so long, I just wasn't sure I should resurrect it. For that matter, I have been out of this long enough I am not sure I am understanding the issues.
It's nice to see you back, but don't kill yourself! The forum membership has stepped up nicely in your absence, and I hope you have noticed what wonderful advice, wisdom and encouragement has developed of late. My little prediction about the threads was tongue in cheek, and I'm Svelting! has been managing the daily thread that we have all begrudgingly come to accept, and even enjoy.

Anyway, you have enough on your plate, so you don't need to worry about everybody here, too. Welcome back.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #79  

Good Afternoon everyone. Today I am struggling a bit. PMS is kicking my butt. I want CARBS. I would love to hear how some of you get through pms. I would normally give in and that cant happen. I feel great and want to keep it that way.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:14 PM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
WI#10 this morining....

drum roll.......

-4lbs (for a total of 27 and 17 inches)!!! That's the most I've lost in a week since WI#1! Woooo HOOOOO!!!

NSV: I'm wearing size 10 jeans! Holy cow I can't remember the last time I was in size 10 jeans. ....probably in the womb.
Woo Hoo!!! congratulations!!
Old 09-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 237/113/140 ... healthy BMI

Height: 5.3

I am in love (though only temporarily) with this number because it now reflects that I am in a HEALTHY/NORMAL BMI. Yippee! Bring on the dancing carrots!

This past month I haven't been able to run or bike due to an injury. Not being able to get outside for a good endorphine rush has been hard to adapt to. But the time off from the hard cardio has been good for me. Not in the physical sense, but mentally and emotionally. I've always been the type of person that if I do something, I have to do it full speed at 110%. It's always 'give it everything', or 'don't do it at all'. For example, with biking or running, if I can't do a specific mileage or time frame, I won't do it at all because I felt that if I didn't go the minimum, than I was a failure. Being physically restricted from doing any cardio has given me the time to honestly look at myself and think about how this "all or nothing" attitude plays such a large (and often negative) role in my life. (and yes, I've come up with ideas of how to remedy it)

Okay, I'm rambling. Moral of the story: for those of you who have a lot of weight to lose, yes, it's going to take awhile to get to your goal weight/size, BUT in the process you're bound to learn A LOT about yourself. In doing so, you'll be less likely to gain the weight back - or at least that's my outlook.

23.9 = gotta love being "normal"

Last edited by makeitmatter; 09-02-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:47 PM   #82  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Oh, yeah... I guess there's that.

It's nice to see you back, but don't kill yourself!
The forum membership has stepped up nicely in your absence, and I hope you have noticed what wonderful advice, wisdom and encouragement has developed of late. My little prediction about the threads was tongue in cheek, and I'm Svelting! has been managing the daily thread that we have all begrudgingly come to accept, and even enjoy.

Anyway, you have enough on your plate, so you don't need to worry about everybody here, too. Welcome back.

Wait!! Are you saying I am NOT needed???? That sure crushes my codependent need!

Genuinely, and seriously, Thank you! Yes, I did notice while reading that so many had great support and advice to offer. I also noticed how many who started between January and March are near to or entering phase 3! Way to go Gang!! I really am happy to see everyone doing so well. Novak, maybe this is why those who finish move on? We always have a solid group of people who can help support those well into the process and encourage all the newcomers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzlee View Post
Good Afternoon everyone. Today I am struggling a bit. PMS is kicking my butt. I want CARBS. I would love to hear how some of you get through pms. I would normally give in and that cant happen. I feel great and want to keep it that way.
Have an extra packet. If you want extra food or carbs, try adding a restricted protein item or add just another packet. I had extra chocolate packets for that pre-TOM and TOM window. It wasn't perfect but, 4 or 5 of those puddings, drinks, jellos, etc. Gave me extra choc flavor in a day and kept me from having something I shouldn't.

I also had hot tea. A LOT of herbal hot tea. My favorites were: cinnamon, peppermint, and red raspberry. They kind of soothed me and helped quite a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammybean View Post
I'm on my 5th week of IP and I have been having serious problems with hunger as well. I'm talking being PAINFULLY hungry. I talked with my coach today at my weigh in and I'm going on the alternative plan, which gives me some "regular" food choices to add to my meals. I don't know how much it may slow down my weight loss, but I really couldn't continue on much longer the way I was, so if I lose slower, I just do, I can definitely live with that.
It works like that for some people. Try the alternative and when you feel more balanced about the hunger you can switch back if you want. You can also do the phase 1 regular plan and add an extra protein packet every day or add an extra serving of real food proteins. Sometimes, that helps others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soon 2 B MrsT View Post
WI#10 this morining....

drum roll.......

-4lbs (for a total of 27 and 17 inches)!!! That's the most I've lost in a week since WI#1! Woooo HOOOOO!!!

NSV: I'm wearing size 10 jeans! Holy cow I can't remember the last time I was in size 10 jeans. ....probably in the womb.
BRAVO!!! Way to go!
Old 09-02-2010, 06:50 PM   #83  
Started IP 8/29/10

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemel View Post
Good Morning All,
I will start the IP diet on Saturday. I am very exciting!! This forum offers so much support and inspiration. I really liked looking through the recipes. I found so many appetizing ones. I thought I would be stuck eating boring broccoli and lettuce for the next few months. I am hopeful that I will finally reach my goal to be slim and healthy
Melanie
Welcome from a fellow newbie Glad to have you here with us!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:09 PM   #84  
Im a wannabe thin person

S/C/G: Goal 170

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzlee View Post
I hear ya Lizzlee! Im couple days before TOM and I went for WI today.. lots 2.6# and my coach said when are ur getting ur TOM lol he knew I was close coz I should loose around 5#/week lol

as for carbs... I know what you mean...tonite.. choco drink!!!!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

Height: 5'6

Hello All!

First let me cheer for the fact I finally got my ticker! I was so excited!

Second, my weigh in wasn's stellar this week (3) but during my bone scan they injected me with radiation and I feel that really affected my weight loss as my body had to deal with a much bigger issue. So as discouraged as I was to see 2 pounds down I reminded myself that 2 pounds down is 2 pounds less that I have to lose and I lost 5-3/4"! So what's wrong with losing 2 pounds? There's no such thing as "only"! Down is down plus it brought me to Onederland! I choose to be happy!

I too would like to join the 20lbs challenge for Halloween! Bring on the challenge!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:14 PM   #86  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Wait!! Are you saying I am NOT needed???? That sure crushes my codependent need!

Genuinely, and seriously, Thank you! Yes, I did notice while reading that so many had great support and advice to offer. I also noticed how many who started between January and March are near to or entering phase 3! Way to go Gang!! I really am happy to see everyone doing so well. Novak, maybe this is why those who finish move on? We always have a solid group of people who can help support those well into the process and encourage all the newcomers.
Well, I have to say that we slipped into a bit of "ME-ME-ME, how can I eat and drink whatever I want on this diet?" for a time (which, as Gibster points out, is common to many weight loss forums) but we have risen above that level here on IP, and have established ourselves as a place where people can actually learn something and be encouraged to succeed. And most of us know, of course, that you have had an awful lot to do with the knowledge portion, while I've been responsible for wielding the hammer.

To be honest, I now feel that I CAN move on, and leave the place in good hands. A couple of months ago, that was not the case. I think even Ogdog would be good with where we are now.

Anyway, I am glad you are back, and want to see you on the Life After thread soon... yes?
Old 09-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #87  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinders35 View Post
Down is down plus it brought me to Onederland! I choose to be happy!

WOW, talk about dramatic effect and saving the big message till the end! This is wonderful.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 316/286/160 Started IP 8/28/10

Height: 5 '7'

So my check in went really well.
-Lost 11 pounds in 6 days!
-4 inches off my waist!
-2 inches off my hips!
-3.75 inches off my thighs!
That is just crazy!!! I think my body was retaining a ton of water. I feel a lot better.

I'm a little bored today, having a popcorn craving. Sometimes I think of certain foods, tell myself I can't have them and actually feel like crying! Oh my! I am very emotionally addicted to food. I have to remember to take this one day at a time and not focus so much on how long this may take at my weight.

This weekend I'm taking my adult daughter and we are going to stay at my sister's for girl time. She's on board with my food plan and supportive so it should be fine. I probably won't be checking in there though as she has no internet, in fact she has no computer! She hasn't entered the 21st century yet I'm afraid.

Your all doing so great and such a great inspiration! Have a great weekend everyone as your losing more of that "dog weight"! Don't forget to yell hallelujah in the bathroom when you pee out that fat!
Old 09-02-2010, 07:40 PM   #89  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitmatter View Post
Moral of the story: for those of you who have a lot of weight to lose, yes, it's going to take awhile to get to your goal weight/size, BUT in the process you're bound to learn A LOT about yourself. In doing so, you'll be less likely to gain the weight back - or at least that's my outlook.
Nice post, all of it. And can I add one thought? I think we will also realize that people interact with us differently. Sometimes that takes as much getting used to as the new me.
Old 09-02-2010, 08:25 PM   #90  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Default Some random thoughts, and I'm in the new challenge.

As you're wrapping up your day, I'm just catching up on posts. I sincerely welcome all you new people, even if the welcome comes late.

About the being cold issue. One of the reasons I took a job in Hawai'i is because I thought how great, just once in my life, to be warm year round. I'm here to tell you nowhere in all 50 states, and probably Canada, runs it's air conditioners at at 60 degrees, except Hawai'i. I thought I'd die. But I'll get to the point. Years ago I was told by a doctor the reason I was always cold was low blood pressure. Presently 106/60; resting pulse 59 (inherited from my 99 year old father). Would that apply in your cases, Carla and Melissa?

To people who are uncomfortable "only" losing three pounds a week: Honestly, there are those of us out here (maybe even the majority) who would be ecstatic to lose 2-3 pounds a week. Or, better yet, not gain anything. Really, you should consider yourself both fortunate and successful.
Not that the rest of aren't that, too. We're all pretty d--m lucky to have found this program and its support.

And Carla, you were both missed and needed.

Last edited by Linden; 09-02-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Closed Thread