3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat - Sunday 8/29/2010 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/211209-ip-daily-chat-sunday-8-29-2010-a.html)

purpleswan 08-30-2010 12:03 AM

can't find where to just post my own comment to bev

Quote:

Originally Posted by BevS (Post 3458268)
Hi, Kelsey, it's probably the weight loss that has caused your hair loss. I have been hypothyroid and on medication for it since 1986, but I have never had major hair loss until 2-3 months on this diet. It can happen with any diet or weight loss surgery even--anything that causes you to lose about 20 pounds in one month's time. Carla suggested taking Michael's vitamins for hair, skin, and nails. My hair loss has slowed down, thankfully, but it's still more than it used to be. Carla said it will take 6 months to a year for it to normalize.

Bev,
So am I to expect this hair loss issue too??? I'm not too crazy about that idea!! Where and how do I just post to you without "quoting"?
here is my ticker
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/purpvi...5/170/222/.png
how do I get it to go in my posts each time or do I have to keep posting it myself?
Beth

candace5 08-30-2010 12:11 AM

Thanks for the info on the Spry Gum! I will check it out! After reading the above posts, I think I need to get a scale to weigh my meat.. I have been using the "should fit in the palm of your hand theory".. not sure if this is right??

JessicaCourez 08-30-2010 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midlife Meggie (Post 3457639)
I read somewhere on this board that somebody cooked their egg in a cup in the microwave to make it fit the English muffin perfectly (I am of similar OCD tendencies). HOWEVER, when I tried this, piercing the yolk carefully with a knife first, the egg STILL exploded. I'd put a paper towel on top of the cup and it was blown clear off. Put the egg on for 2 minutes on high and it exploded after 30 seconds. Mess mess mess. What did I do wrong?

I didn't mention this on here, but I do it...but I beat the egg slightly first so its scrambled...have never tried it with out scrambling.

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood (Post 3458293)
I'm one pound away from having lost 10% of my weight so far!! I don't think I ever actually hit that goal any of the many times I did weight watchers (when my weight wasn't even this high yet!).

I lurk a lot, but read daily, so thank you everyone for your tips, tricks, and help all of the time in these forum posts.

I remember when I'd gotten to that part on IP too -- it happened so quickly on this program. WAAAY faster than on WW, and I'd gotten to that 10% twice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm svelting! (Post 3458361)
Wow, since Saturday morning I've been really tired. Yesterday and today I haven't felt quite right. Weigh-in was no loss/no gain. Yesterday I indulged in some "stinkin' thinkin'" (sorry for the Dr. Swill lingo) and had 2 extra restricted items. After all, I was already at 0 lbs lost. :?:

I've spent more time in the bathroom the last two days than I usually do in a week. Anyone who said "She's full of it" on Friday, would have been right. :D Looking back at my food record, I see that I've gone light on the meat/poultry/fish protein, i.e. had a packet in the evening because I didn't want to prepare and eat the real food. Despite my vegetable evangelism I've been less than rigorous about eating the full 4 cups myself.

Today's been on program. I tried the pancake/crepe; I was hungry only 2.5-3 hours later. Maybe on a day after I've been on program for the previous days, I'll try it again. I just choked down some turkey breast that my dear, sweet partner roasted for us (LOVE :love: him) and am off to forage for some veggies. The foraging will be in the kitchen not in the wilds. ;)

Picking myself up, dusting myself off, moving on to do better now and tomorrow.

I know how you feel, I had a rough saturday. Too many protein packets, hungry the whole day. Picked myself up today and did the program perfectly.

NSV today: Im not sure if my bra is stretching out or I'm getting smaller, but went from the last hook on my new 34 bra to the second hook.

JessicaCourez 08-30-2010 03:23 AM

Oh, and SoonToBe: You look great! Congrats!!

Also, I looked up having itchy skin (its been really bad) as a sign of losing weight...and found a few entries. Not sure if its true, or not, but I'll take it...

I'm svelting! 08-30-2010 07:36 AM

new thread for Monday open

Quote:

Originally Posted by purpleswan (Post 3458656)
So am I to expect this hair loss issue too??? I'm not too crazy about that idea!! Where and how do I just post to you without "quoting"? here is my ticker, how do I get it to go in my posts each time or do I have to keep posting it myself?

Beth
- only about 10% of people experience the hair loss.
---->there's a thread about hair loss. check it out!
- link to Ticker information is in 1st, 2nd or 3rd post of this thread
- you can add a signature and a ticker after your 21st day and after 20 posts
- you can contact other members via Private Message (PM) after the same days & posts minimum
- if you haven't read the Tips for Newbies, go check it out.

A thread for Monday is now open. Please post in the Monday Thread!

ALL ABOOOOARRRRD! The chat train is leaving this thread.