Old 08-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 196/187/145 Began IP 8/19/2010

Height: 5'8

Question Newbie 911 HELP????

I have 3 questions... Today is my second day on IP and I read that for the first 2-3 weeks I shouldn't have restricted items but my coach never told me this she sat there and watched me pick out pancakes, chilli and oatmeal. I don't wanna slow down my weight loss. What should I do???? Go back and get some differnt packs??? Is it going to affect me going in ketosis? Also Im having trouble with the sea salt. Could someone tell me a few tricks to get in my half a teaspoon. Also are we suppose to just take 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil by itself are can we cook with it???
kimh2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:03 PM   #2  

Kim

There are experienced IP followers who are willing to answer your questions. They have lost 50, 80 pounds and more -- they've walked the path you're on and have reached the destination. If you post this question in the daily chat thread, you're more likely to get an answer from them. It may feel a little uncomfortable just jumping in. But, it will be worth it. Come join us.

How to find the daily chat thread
1. Navigate to the IP main forum
2. Look for a thread called IP Daily Chat with the current day's date
e.g. IP Daily Chat 8/20/2010
3. Click on the thread, read or just click to the last page
4. Post your message
5. Wait for replies.
6. Answer any follow up questions the wise ones ask in their replies.

Here's a link to the main forum
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:10 PM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimh2010 View Post
I have 3 questions... Today is my second day on IP and I read that for the first 2-3 weeks I shouldn't have restricted items but my coach never told me this she sat there and watched me pick out pancakes, chilli and oatmeal. I don't wanna slow down my weight loss. What should I do???? Go back and get some differnt packs??? Is it going to affect me going in ketosis? Also Im having trouble with the sea salt. Could someone tell me a few tricks to get in my half a teaspoon. Also are we suppose to just take 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil by itself are can we cook with it???
hi Kin,

Congratulations on starting IP!!! I have a few answers for you:
1. They recommend that you don't have any restricted items for the first couple of weeks, but my coach said that she would rather I "cheat" with a restricted IP item rather than a "real" cheat food. If I were you, though, I would exchange the restricted items for something else.

2 & 3. Sea salt and olive oil intake - every time I make a salad, I make my own "dressing" with the following ingredients:
olive oil
apple cider vingar
sea salt
seasoning (I use a variety of Mrs. Dash seasonings)

You can also make the Kale Chips, which I am completely addicted to... this is a great way to get olive oil and sea salt in.

Hope this helps!!!
pookee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 196/187/145 Began IP 8/19/2010

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookee View Post
hi Kin,

Congratulations on starting IP!!! I have a few answers for you:
1. They recommend that you don't have any restricted items for the first couple of weeks, but my coach said that she would rather I "cheat" with a restricted IP item rather than a "real" cheat food. If I were you, though, I would exchange the restricted items for something else.

2 & 3. Sea salt and olive oil intake - every time I make a salad, I make my own "dressing" with the following ingredients:
olive oil
apple cider vingar
sea salt
seasoning (I use a variety of Mrs. Dash seasonings)

You can also make the Kale Chips, which I am completely addicted to... this is a great way to get olive oil and sea salt in.

Hope this helps!!!

Thank for responding to my thread!!! I made "My own Dressing" and it was great! And I'm going to go get some more non-restricted packs A.S.A.P
Thanks
kimh2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:14 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 173/164/144

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimh2010 View Post
Welcome. I ate restricted items (one per day) since I first started and it never slowed my weight loss. I am an emotional eater and those once daily restricted items actually kept me on track.
The sea salt was and is tough for me as I am not a fan of salt. I will sprinkle it on my salads and veggies. If I am feeling particularly dizzy I will put the salt in a bit of water and drink it down (nasty, yes ).
I also use olive oil as my salad dressing base. I do cook with it but if you plan to heat olive oil, it is recommended that you use high quality extra virgin olive oil as it is more stable at high temperatures.
Work your way through the threads and you will learn all sorts of helpful information.
Good luck!!
mommajen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 255/229/160

Height: 5'5'

Thanks for all the information for all of us newbies! This is my 2nd day and hopefully someone might have some advice for me. I do not like vegetables and am really struggling with that. Why are tomatoes only allowed 2x week? I would have no problem eating them. Also, I have a terrible upset stomach. Really can't stray too far from the bathroom! Is this a common problem for the first few days?
bella mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 06:49 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella mama View Post
Thanks for all the information for all of us newbies! This is my 2nd day and hopefully someone might have some advice for me. I do not like vegetables and am really struggling with that. Why are tomatoes only allowed 2x week? I would have no problem eating them. Also, I have a terrible upset stomach. Really can't stray too far from the bathroom! Is this a common problem for the first few days?
Have you read the IP FAQ and the IP Tips for Newbies? They're a good place to start.

Then when you've finished reading those, come join us in the chat thread and we'll either answer your question or point you to the answers elsewhere in the forum. See my previous post (above) #2 in the thread for details on how to find the daily chat thread. If you click on that link, you'll also see the IP FAQ, and the Tips threads.
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote