Height: 5'8"

here's the link to the weekday chat i just made:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...16th-20th.html

feel free to come on over
Old 08-18-2010, 10:17 PM   #32  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Hey Everyone!

We can see how Ruth and Leenie, our moderators, respond to a 2 thread a week idea. HOWEVER, we have been asked SEVERAL times on this forum to switch to daily threads. I have also been asked to switch us to daily threads in PM from Ruth. Given these ladies are monitoring threads for multiple diet forums and they have a job they are trying to do, just my humble opinion, but I think it would be nice if we could support them. We don't get to see what happens in the administrative side of things. Also, they recognize many people are still connecting by dial up and the longer threads make things slower for people to open and participate in.

I know it is a bit uncomfortable to get use to this format. It was just as hard to go from a general thread to a monthly thread. Then we went through it again when we went from a monthly thread to a weekly thread. All of that has happened in the last 9 months. We WILL have to go to a daily thread soon. There is no way around it. We are fortunate to have a large amount of participation and a growing group. We have had some weekends get nearly 300 posts in 2 days! We are one of the more active threads on this forum! With the way we have grown just this summer, We really need to get it set up in the final stage, daily threads, and stick with it.

I am sorry if that seems a downer or a bit "bossy" for some. No one, not even the moderators, want to be a "heavy" on the topic. But, I have it on great authority that it HAS to be done and the sooner the better.

Thank you for continuing to try and to support what our WONDERFUL, HELPFUL moderators and administrators need to keep this support and helpful space available and functional for all of us and all who come.

All of the above was said with the kindest of thoughts and feeling and I hope I haven't hurt or offended anyone! If I have please feel free to send me PM. I am truly sorry if it happened as it was not the intention.

After thoughts!

As a possibility, we might do a thread that shows all daily thread links for each week but, it would have to be bumped up REPEATEDLY in a day to keep it where people can see it.

The best solution might be to bookmark this link : http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/
It is the link to this subforums main page. If something is current and actively in discussion, like a daily thread would be, it will be at or near the top of the bottom half of the first page. All the sticky threads and important info is at the top.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-18-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:36 PM   #33  

Hi Everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around much the past few days. I have been actively reading and trying to keep up. I haven't been posting as much but will in the next 2 days. I am in the process of developing an new business opportunity and it is taking a bit of time. I am also still taking care of my other business, my dad's ventures/business, and helping my grandmother with pre and post corneal surgery care.

I am seeing several new people and want to say we are so glad you are here! This is a great place with a lot of happy, helpful advice and support.

I also see several new NSV and mini goal announcements. YEAH! I will try to get to each one in the next day or so. I am so happy for each of you getting to those places.

As for some feeling tired, down or struggling this week, don't become discouraged for long. Sometimes this is a slow process but from experience I know it keeps working. Don't worry if you aren't losing what you once did. Watch the inches and the sizes melt away. It really does go in cycles and you could be in any of those three moments. Also, I believe sometimes the body likes to slow down and catch up to what it just did. (just based on my experience) Be patient, stick to the plan anyway, it is working! It just might be in ways you can't see or measure as much as in the beginning.

to all and special thoughts going out to Melissa P for a speedy recovery!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-18-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 10:58 PM   #34  

Height: 5'8"

well! ms. carla says a daily thread-so it will be? how do i delete the weekly one??
Old 08-18-2010, 11:29 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcw32 View Post
Glad you're feeling good about yourself and that you had fun at the event. I'm with you, I love shopping in my closet! I actually bought a skirt at a consignment store that I'd love to fit into. It was seriously marked down to $10. I call it my "aspirational" skirt. I've got a few more aspirational items in my closet, but nothing from when I was last at my goal weight.
I bought one of 'those' skirts on Sunday too....marked way down and just a little snug...it will fit PERFECTLY for my trip back to Cuba in November I just know it !!

[QUOTE=Journeysend;3442230]Good Morning Everyone!!!! Well I am back home to stay after 5 weeks of travel, camping and visiting!!! (not great for staying on Phase 1 ) So today I am back on track and hopefully it won't be to difficult to get back into ketosis. For the gals in Canada (MB, particularly) my daughter found the low carb ketchup at Superstore/Extra Foods. It is a Presidents Choise brand, called Blue Menu Ketchup sweetened with sucralose. For 1 tbsp it is 5 calories, 0 fat, 170 mg of sodium, 1 gr carb., 1g sugar, .2gr protein.....AND it tastes like real ketchup and only is $2.00 for a 990ml bottle!! I used 1 tsp on my IP omlet and it was great.

I am so looking forward to finding this ketchup.....I haven't even looked at them since I started am glad to hear that there is one that will work with this plan ! Thanks for sharing !

Again I will beg that whoever starts the new daily thread would PLEASE PLEASE link back on the previous day's thread. I searched several times today and did not see todays thread until this evening it was there.......just sayin'.....
Old 08-19-2010, 01:19 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 186/128/135 Started IP on 5/10

Height: 5' 4.5"

Ok, I have no idea where to post or if I'm posting in the right place ... so I guess here will do.

I lost 2 pounds this week at the WI, very excited even though it's not my normal 3 pounds. I had to go in a day early this week and was having my favorite, the big C-issues, so I'm actually thrilled with the loss. I'm traveling (plane, not car, which I HAVE done) for the first time next week, and I think I have a plan that will work, but am a little nervous. I'm on a work trip, so 4 of us are sharing a car, so I'll have little mobility to go to a store and no control over what is offered to eat. Of course, I think I can do it, but I wish I had some more control over my ability to shop or choose what/where we'll eat.

Good news I feel like I'm so close, there is NO way I'm going to mess it up now...!

Last edited by JessicaCourez; 08-19-2010 at 01:31 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:30 AM   #37  

Here is the link to tomorrow's post. In the first post for tomorrow, I have included all the link backs to each day of this week and some of our key threads or stickies. I didn't get them all yet so let me know what we need to edit in. THANKS!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post3443526 Daily Chat for THURS Aug 19th

I am off to bed! Have a great night everyone!

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-19-2010 at 02:31 AM.
Closed Thread