Old 08-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #1  
Dave - The Speedo King

Default Just the opposite

I know there are several threads that reference "the scale" as a snapshot of that moment, but that even if the scale doesn't move and you're losing inches then things are working.

Has anyone encountered just the opposite? I'm losing weight, but haven't seen a lot of movement in terms of inches. Any idea what might be at the root of this?
salesgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 06:49 PM   #2  
Sandra

S/C/G: 210/168/145

Height: 5'7"

I would like to think that this is because all the internal fat that the doctors warn us about, you know the stuff chocking your internal organs is finally melting away. Or could it be your muscles are taking over where fat used to be? good thoughts anyway!
CheeseCake4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by salesgod View Post
I know there are several threads that reference "the scale" as a snapshot of that moment, but that even if the scale doesn't move and you're losing inches then things are working.

Has anyone encountered just the opposite? I'm losing weight, but haven't seen a lot of movement in terms of inches. Any idea what might be at the root of this?
I in fact had that happen to me during my phase 1 weigh inns. My weigh ins and measurments were always odd. would lose weight but no inches or the other way around.
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:44 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/164/144

Height: 5'2

I think Sandra is correct. Losing visceral fat may not show up as inches lost on a week to week basis but it is the most important fat to lose. If you are fairly active, you might be building muscle too. But I have seen your progress photo and you are obviously losing inches & pounds!
mommajen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 07:47 PM   #5  

Default 10th week on Ip...3rd week with ZERO weight loss...

I was drawn to the diet because it promised 3-7 lb.s weight loss per week. I am STRICTLY following the diet and have not lost a SINGLE pound in the last 3 weeks. I'm HIGHLY discouraged and confused. IP promises that as long as the body has excess fat to burn that plateaus do NOT happen yet here I am; fat, plateaued and UN happy!!! Any other I.P. dieters out there that has had the same experience? If so what did you/your coach have you do to get off the plateau (that is NOT supposed to EXIST!)?

Last edited by riby; 08-16-2010 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Didn't realize the people reading were all doing IP.
riby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 10:03 PM   #6  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by riby View Post
I was drawn to the diet because it promised 3-7 lb.s weight loss per week. I am STRICTLY following the diet and have not lost a SINGLE pound in the last 3 weeks. I'm HIGHLY discouraged and confused. IP promises that as long as the body has excess fat to burn that plateaus do NOT happen yet here I am; fat, plateaued and UN happy!!! Any other I.P. dieters out there that has had the same experience? If so what did you/your coach have you do to get off the plateau (that is NOT supposed to EXIST!)?
Please see reply to your duplicate post at this link.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...ml#post3439725

Last edited by showgirlaz; 08-16-2010 at 10:03 PM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #7  
Dave - The Speedo King

I asked because I haven't seen much difference in inches at my last 2 WIs, but I'm down 10 lbs. or so. I figured it would show up in inches.

My coach says she wishes we took more measurements to get a better sense of where fat is actually disappearing. I have WI on Wednesday, but I don't feel like I'm shrinking, so I guess we'll see.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

I lost inches all over. I knew I would so my coach took measurements everywhere. (I only report the basic ones here.)

He measured: Neck, shoulders, chest, rib cage, waist, low abs, hips, bicep, forearm, wrist, thigh, calf and, ankle.

Inspite of all those measurements, sometimes we'd see me lose weight but not show enough inches where we expected. It was because I would lose weight off my hands, feet, knees, face, under my chin and, in all the spaces in between. Sometimes, my lower femur was dropping inches faster than my upper thigh.

Maybe it was just me, but, I think the inches will balance out in time. It is probably coming off you in areas you aren't tracking.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 07:56 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 301.6 / ticker /185

Height: 5' 9"

I tend to lose inches in area's that aren't being tracked. We don't measure my face, wrists, forarms, knees down, lower ab area, neck, or feet. But I've noticed that clothes fit differently in those areas as well. I have lost 20" in the main areas they measure but that has come at sometimes no inches lost in the main areas. Even then I'm sure I"m losing them in other areas. I'm thinking it will all even out in the end.
jlewis88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

My inches also move very slow. In fact, I was still wearing the same clothing up until a few pounds ago, now some of it isn't flattering, but not falling off. I can still fit in my jeans but they are a bit baggy now after 17 lost. My sizes seem to move very very slowly
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:11 AM   #11  
cindy

S/C/G: 261/252/135

Angry

I am also not losing and i certainly have plenty of fat to burn. its been almost 3 weeks, no cheats, and i am drinking enough water to float a barge. Getting discourages to say the least!
cindystellrecht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 09:59 AM   #12  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 221-3/4/152/160

Height: 5 ft 2 inches

It's odd, everyone seems to lose differently....my coach says I'm "boning" anfd you can acutally see what she means because my collarbones are so pronounced....I lost approx. 17" around my shoulders (above the bustline). Who knew I had 17" to lose there!
pumpkyparry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 11:09 AM   #13  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I'm not part of this forum, but your question caught my eye because I had same experience. I dropped 30 lbs without my waist measurement (the only one I check regularly) dropping at all!
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #14  
Suzie

S/C/G: 148/137/120

I'm down 12 lbs and my hips and waist measurements are the exact same as day 1. We lose from different places at different rates. First place I lose is my chest (and its also the last place I gain) ;-)
lookin for loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:51 PM   #15  
Dave - The Speedo King

Perhaps I'm concerned because I have seen a steady reduction in inches since starting IP. I've lost 8 inches in my waist alone. So it's been unnerving to watch the inches stay the same while still losing, though my coach says she can see loss in my face, shoulders. I'm not too worried, but I am curious.