Old 08-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 221/165/155 started 8/10/10

Height: 5' 8 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonnag View Post
For the Walden Farms dressings, try adding spices to them. We use quite a few of the WF dressings and really enjoy them, but we make our salads with chopped cucumbers and chopped mushrooms. We use Butter Lettuce, add chopped dill pickles, then mix the salad dressing with a tsp of olive oil and Mrs. Dash seasonings (my favorite is Fiesta Lime). Then pour the dressing on top and MIX THE SALAD. I think this is really key. If you use the Thousand Island, kick it up a little with Cumin and Chili Powder to make a Southwestern Thousand Island. Also, the bacon ranch is awesome as is! We order online from netrition.com (hope it's OK to say that) and all of them are only $3.77 each with a flat $4.95 shipping cost. We ordered the Raspberry Vinagrette for my mother and she loves it. Before giving up on them, try the spices and olive oil blended with it to see if that helps. BTW, I have been on this for 8 weeks as of this next Monday and have lost almost 20 lbs. I was a huge carb eater (sweets, breads, chips, etc.). I have not had a single one of those in 8 weeks and don't even want them. I NEVER thought that would be possible, but my cravings are totally gone. Best of luck to you!!
Thanks so much for the tips, Nonnag! I'll definitely try this before I give them away. Fortunately, I really loved the cider vinegar & olive oil, so I still have that, but it's nice to have a variety. Big congrats on the 20-lb weight loss! This diet is amazing. It drops off so quickly. Like you, I craved it all AND the more I ate, the hungrier I felt. :\ In fact, a coworker/girlfriend of mine told me 2 weeks ago, "You have to get control over your eating." Today, I had a bowl of the crispy cereal (loved it) and nothing other than water and tea and just now had to force myself to eat an omelet with 2 cups of veggies. Had a hard time finishing it. Can't believe it. So far, there's no desire to eat the bad stuff either. Hope it continues.

Best of luck to you as well. Thx again for the tips! This site is so helpful.
loves2swim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 07:54 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 165/148/135 - started 08/10/10

Height: 5' 5.5"

I picked up the WF Bacon Ranch today, thanks for suggesting! I almost always use vinegar & oil dressing anyway, but some variety will be much appreciated with all of the required veggies. I also tried the WF Honey Dijon, added sea salt, onion & garlic powders and some Dijon mustard and it tasted MUCH better!

I made the crepes (really one big pancake) this morning, added vanilla, an egg white, cinnamon & nutmeg, spread WF chocolate syrup & WF raspberry jam on it - not bad! I may try adding a bit of baking powder to make it a bit fluffier next time.

Feeling okay today (Day 5) but I don't have much energy at all for some reason. How are the rest of my fellow newbies doing?
nicoleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:03 PM   #33  
Dreaming of the beach...

S/C/G: 224/207/130

Height: 5' 3.5"

Day 6 & doing pretty good today! Eating more veggies than I have in my life I'm quite sure (even when doing Atkins). Today I tried a new approach and made a veggie soup similar to the 0 point soup famous in Weight Watchers (altho I never made it when I was doing that plan LOL).

For my 'soup' I used 1/2 can beef broth, 2-1/2 c. water, 1 can Rotel, 1/4 c. squash, mushrooms (from a jar), 6 stalks asparagus, 4 celery stalks, 1/2 c. frozen green beans, 1 can chopped green chilis, garlic, sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Simmered for about an hour to get all the veggies tender.

Just had a bowl and boy was it peppery! Might have too much Rotel, green chili and pepper - had to add extra water to my bowl and to the pan to try and 'cool' it off.

Tons of water today too. Probably already at 80 oz. so having a cup of coffee now.

Bar for breakfast - cookies and cream; not too bad. First time I've had a bar for breakfast - might like that better than a shake. Had the omelet yesterday for b'fast and that was okay as well - little different but I'll try it again for sure - almost like having real food in the a.m. :-)

Getting ready to have the raspberry jelly for the first time - hope it fills me up! Then tonight for dinner will have a turkey tenderloin, veggies and salad.

First weigh in is tomorrow!!! Hoping for BIG results!! :-)
advocatemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 10:16 PM   #34  
Health vs. Madness

S/C/G: 230/216/150

Height: 1st attempt 270/151/150

Advocatemom - I have always loved flavored lattes. In the morning for breakfast I pour a prepared chocolate or vanilla shake into a glass with equal amounts of strong coffee. I add SF Walden Farms chocolate syrup and two packages of splenda. Stir and add ice. You need a big glass, but I love this on my way to work. Good luck on your weigh in.

Last edited by rosemary2612; 08-15-2010 at 10:17 PM.
rosemary2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #35  

I'm so in love with their vanilla pudding, I hope my head gets skinny enough to fit in the shaker so I can lick it clean. I put it in the freezer for 30 minutes. It doesn't get ice cream-like as the directions suggest (except for some frost on the shaker), but it gets really cold and reallllly good. From now on, I'm getting 6 vanillas and 1 chocolate a week.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:14 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 197/153/140

Height: 5'4"

Loves2swim; good idea on the pudding! They are my favorite too...I got a lot of those today at my 1st weigh in.
It's official I survived; and feel so much better and was down 7.6 lbs this week! Of course my scale said more like 9 lbs this morning before coffee and shake and all that, but all in all I'm very pleased!
Here's to a great new week for everyone!
Cptswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 06:04 AM   #37  

Cptswife...isn't it awesome how much weight drops off!!!! 7.6 lbs this week is fabulous. Since you're only 5'4", I bet you're noticing it already in the way your clothes are fitting. My first 1-week weigh-in is tomorrow night. It would be great if they could do our weigh-ins when we first get up...but still the numbers are going down and that's what's important.

Going to pick up some WF chocolate syrup to drizzle onto the vanilla pudding this week. Wonder if that's a restricted item...if it is, will wait 3 weeks to try it.