Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 03:26 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Hi Everyone

Well back from a week at the lake with DD and 3 grandkids, had a great time, but there was a couple of cheats ...anyway back on track today.
Also woke up with a summer cold, YUK!!....taking Cold FX so hoping that won't mess with my weight lose for the next week.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #32  
Re-started IP 9.7.11

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Jayne View Post
Can anyone help me .... there was a discussion on scales a while back and I lost the info I had on them. It was in about the $100 range and had a body fat reader, and other functions. Thanks
You should be able to get a scale for under $40. Perhaps you could Google Taylor scales and use the description to Google similar scales.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 149.8/125/118.0

Height: 5'2"

Hi All, went into IP for weigh in on Monday and they have this new product called Collagene, it is wonderful and tastes like raspberry syrup....yummy. It is used in place of eating jello or pom drink. You take 1 Tbsp daily in replacement of these.
Old 08-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #34  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Can anyone help me .... there was a discussion on scales a while back and I lost the info I had on them. It was in about the $100 range and had a body fat reader, and other functions. Thanks
My scale is the Omron 514, which I got at Amazon. Several people on the boards have one, and I've been very happy with it. Not only does it do my weight and all the body composition metrics, it also tells me that my body is 19 years younger than it was when I started IP.

I love IP AND I love my scale.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #35  
IPeep

S/C/G: 150/145/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
HA HA Love it Novak!!

Question--> My Aunt wants to check into IP. On the website you have to fill out a form to try and find a clinic close to you. I thought I would check on here and see if anyone knew of a clinic in or close to Aurora CO.
Thanks
Sheila
My clinic is in Arvada, CO (Alpine Wellness). A bit of a drive, but not too far if she can't find anything closer to Aurora.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 167/148/130ish

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfergirl67 View Post
Hi All, went into IP for weigh in on Monday and they have this new product called Collagene, it is wonderful and tastes like raspberry syrup....yummy. It is used in place of eating jello or pom drink. You take 1 Tbsp daily in replacement of these.
Thanks! This sounds intreguing! Looking forward to asking for it next week!
Old 08-07-2010, 04:31 PM   #37  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Hi all! I have about 9 pages of postings to read still but had to share this.. I am sorry it's NOT IP related.. but awesome!

You've gotta hear these 6 songs! what a voice for a 15 year old!!!

http://charliephillips.net/videos/th...k-vincent.html
Old 08-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
My scale is the Omron 514, which I got at Amazon. Several people on the boards have one, and I've been very happy with it. Not only does it do my weight and all the body composition metrics, it also tells me that my body is 19 years younger than it was when I started IP.

I love IP AND I love my scale.
That was the one !! THANKS so much !!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:07 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 233.5/214/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfergirl67 View Post
That sounds very interesting, I have been having trouble with my nails breaking and can't seem to make the jelly often enough!! Will check it out when I go WI next time. Thanks for the info
Old 08-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #40  
The Dress

S/C/G: 235/223/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by damgi View Post
I have to go back and catch up on the last few days, but I had to share this:

DH weighed in yesterday and was down 6.4 for a total of 16.8 in 17 days. (MEN! Why do they get to lose so much so fast...) Anyway, the clinic owner / his coach said to him "What have you been doing?"

WTF! He's been following your protocol, what the heck do you think he has been doing?

I'm tellin ya, these coaches we have are so out of touch and almost useless.

Now, I'm sure she meant it other than how we heard it (or at least I hope she did), but the question just seemed so ridiculous at the time.

Thanks for letting me vent, now let me go catch up on everyone's activities for the past couple of days! Enjoy the weekend everyone!
Danielle

Men do lose it faster!! yeah those IP Coaches are kinda useless!!
But good for you sticking to the plan!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tle1103 View Post
Well, I am in the process of changing jobs, house hunting, and trying to sell our home that we own now. I have been through this too many times. Please keep me in your thoughts. I know I am already stressed over all of this and will need to stay focused and positive.
The weather is beautiful here in WV today. At least that helps to make it a pleasant day!
your on the 'prayer list' girlfriend!!! You have a lot going on.. take a DEEP breathe!!

Quote:
I bought mine at walmart- has many functions like you mentioned!!! It was about $40. I think it's called healthometer

Kudos to all the weigh losses, and inches lost!!!
Old 08-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #41  

Height: 5'8"

workout #3 just now...i know i said i'd start with 2x per week but i'm hooked, will probably do again monday to make 4x this week. oh 6 pack! ready or not, here i come

oh and the plank kicks my arse but i love it.
Old 08-07-2010, 05:21 PM   #42  
Goodbye Forever, 300's!

S/C/G: 355/282/200

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoSun View Post
A lot has to do with how you carry your weight. I have lost 12" around my waist, but only about 8" on my hips. That's over 5 months. I don't put much stock in my measurements anyway. There are 3 different people that measure and they all measure different. (not the exact same spot, some pull tighter, etc.) In the end I'll ask the coach to measure me for my final results. Not to discount losing the inches. It is huge, but when you have different people measuring it certainly is going to fluctuate from week to week. You will be able to tell on your clothes very soon.
True, as this one measured differently than the one who has measured all of the other weeks! And I CAN feel it in my waist and hips in clothes, so I guess it doesn't matter!

Thank you!
Old 08-07-2010, 06:42 PM   #43  

Height: 5'8"

had a vanilla pudding shake for the first time in a month or so after my wokout. now stomach is killing me. is there something in the vanilla that's not in the chocolate that may be causing this? i usually make chocolate pudding shakes...
Old 08-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyWayForGood View Post
OK... HOW?!!! At the end of my 4th week (today), I'm down 21.2 lbs, but only 3 total inches!! I'm measured on: one arm, chest, waist, hips, thigh..... so I guess if I double my arm measurement it's a little higher. How are people losing 20" in such little time?!!! Different measurements? Just bad luck?!!
Different measurements and different bodies.
The IP record sheet has spots for 15 measurements:
  • neck
  • shoulders
  • around the chest at underarm level
  • chest/bust
  • midriff/braline
  • waist
  • hips
  • each leg:
  • thigh
  • knee
  • calf
  • ankle
If I used your system, I'd be down 10.5".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
had a vanilla pudding shake for the first time in a month or so after my workout. now stomach is killing me. is there something in the vanilla that's not in the chocolate that may be causing this? i usually make chocolate pudding shakes...
That's got to be annoying. Chocolate pudding has sucralose; vanilla has sucralose and acesulfame potassium (acesulfame K). Also, if I recall correctly the ingredient list on the chocolate pudding is much shorter than the vanilla.

Last edited by I'm svelting!; 08-07-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 175/165/150 Started IP 7/28/10

Height: 5'6

I feel frustrated today..I went out to lunch for the first time, and it was so depressing! The choices were SO limited. I ended up having a plain piece of salmon wrapped in lettuce and plain steamed broccoli. Now I'm trying to bake cookies for my family (they having been going through cookie withdrawls since I started the diet) and I can't have any cookies either. I don't mean to whine, it's just hard to adapt this diet to my everyday life. It seems to go great during the week, but on the weekends I really struggle. It doesn't help that it's TOM and the scale is up 2 pounds.
Closed Thread