Old 02-12-2011, 12:22 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 225.6/224.2/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgorny View Post
I have never been one to be excessively itchy,even when I gained a lot of weight. Maybe a little bit rarely in the lower tummy region, but only if I it was that TOM or I'd eaten hugely.

Now? My stomach, hips, sides of breasts (all the shrinking areas) itch constantly. If I scratch? Worse.

And it is only those parts that are starting to look a bit wrinkly/saggy from the underlying fat loss. Not my legs, arms, neck, back (which have all lost fat, too.)

Am I the only one? I couldn't find much on Google... only that maybe it's:
1) lack of fat in the diet, or
2) dehydration

I know I haven't been drinking water like I did at first, but I swear this started before then.
I'll reinforce what (can't remember who) said on this thread. The skin is the largest organ of the body and toxins and waste are released through the skin. Get yourself a natural bristle body brush (Whole Foods has them) don't get plastic or nylon bristles. In the morning or at night (before your shower whenever that is, when you are dry not damp) stand naked and brush your entire body. Start at the souls of the feet, then go up the legs, the torso, the inner thighs, the back, the palms of your hands, your arms, your armpits, always use brush strokes going towards the heart. I end up doing my neck and ears last. You're sweeping the toxins off the surface of the skin, stimulating the lymph glands underneath. I find that the feet, crotch area, palms of hands and armpits are the most reactive - I can literally feel the itchiness leaving my body. I'm including a link here on how to do it, but you can always just Google Dry Body Brushing. http://ezinearticles.com/?Dry-Brushi...fits&id=415652. I don't do this as often as I should, but when I do it alleviates the itching for days.
Hope this helps.
esammy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:59 PM   #17  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Bump. I have been soooo itchy since being on this diet. Going to try some of the suggestions here. All of my stretch marked areas itch like crazy every night.
Ojenchilada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #18  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Interesting. Thanks for bumping up this thread. I've also been experiencing some itching in the recent past weeks. Generally most noticed when I first wake up, and it's mostly right around my ankles. Once I'm up and around, it seems to go away. Curious to know if any one else has this particular issue?
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #19  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My poor husband has to see me scratching the underside of my upper arms and abdomen all evening. And I apparently scratch in my sleep too. Nightmare. I have extremely oily skin and am prone to breakouts when oil comes into contact with my skin -- but I am desperate. So I will likely try some oil on my arms and abdomen tonight.
Ojenchilada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 01:06 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

I have found that IP can mess with your hormone balance. Itching like you described is often a sign of low estrogen levels. This would also result in dry skin.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote