Old 06-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #166  
Started IP 5/31/10

S/C/G: 241.8/223.0/150

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
I have heard about the Netti Pot, but I am not sure if I can bring myself to give it a try. I am a wimp and pouring the solution into my nasal cavity sort of freaks me out! haha Maybe I need to bite the bullet and give it a shot though.
Thanks again everyone!!
You HAVE to try it! It's amazing. I was kind of creeped out by the idea too, until I had a massive sinus infection this past April and gave in and got one. I didn't get the pot, I got the squeeze bottle. I can't remember the proper name, it's something like NeilMed SinuCleanse, it's made by the same people who make the Netti Pot. The thing I like about the bottle is that I control the flow and pressure of the water. It's sooooo worth trying, once you see what comes out of your head, lol! Feel better!
MercuryVaporKitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #167  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
Thank You Aunt Sheshie, Showgirlaz, and NaturalGirl for the encouragement and well wishes! It makes me feel so much better knowing it is the medication.
NaturalGirl- I have heard about the Netti Pot, but I am not sure if I can bring myself to give it a try. I am a wimp and pouring the solution into my nasal cavity sort of freaks me out! haha Maybe I need to bite the bullet and give it a shot though.
Thanks again everyone!!
You're welcome! Give the netti pot a try OR, get the Neil MD nasal saline rinse bottle. Costco, cvs, walgreens all carry it. The solution is mild, the bottle is easy to use. I have sinus issues, comes with living in the desert I think, and the rinses have made a HUGE difference in my ability to stay infection free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryVaporKitten View Post
On day 4 and the carb-monster cravings are starting to subside. I my scale, I'm down another pound as of this morning, bringing the total to 5! Woot! I was wondering though... does anyone feel good and full after a meal, and then hungry an hour or so later? Not super hungry, but just enough that you're aware of it, like you could nibble on something (but I don't, I'm being good!). I don't know if it's just a quirk with my body, or if it's something that happens in the begining, or what. Any feedback would be great. Also, how will I know when I go into ketosis? Thanks for the love, everybody!
NOPE, have never felt good and full. Never felt stuffed. BUT, I do feel "done". I think that is what is supposed to happen. Our body should normal shut itself off when we have "had enough" before we feel full or stuffed.

It is also normal to feel hungry about 2 hours or so later. It may come sooner when you are adjusting to the program. But, normally, the body takes in only as much as it can burn in a short time. It keeps our metabolism at its peak that way! If you do ever have that nibble need and it is really nagging you, have an extra unrestricted packet or some veggies or pickles.

You might notice you entered ketosis by: a strange headache developing, a "whoosh" of water loss one day (always going it seems), a strange taste (metallic) in your mouth, your skin seems to get dry at first then it goes away, you might feel a bit nauseous or sick to your stomach (the ketones cause this if you don't have even water in your system). It is a somewhat subtle thing. Your hungry/cravings start to subside, you feel a bit of energy, it is little things that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Okay NSV alert! I can now be covered by a regular towel, without the police arresting me for indecent exposure!!! YAYAYAYAY ME! Was that TMI? sorry
Not TMI and WOO HOO!!! That is so exciting! What a great feeling to be able to be covered by a smaller amount of fabric!
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:49 PM   #168  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
TO EVERYONE! The process of getting into Ketosis is hard on your body. It is not wise to keep going in and out. ALSO, without being in ketosis, your body is TRULY on a starvation diet. THAT IS NOT HEALTHY AND NOT THE POINT OF THIS DIET! It is also UNSAFE! Ideal Protein is based on several things Ketosis is one of them, keeping an alkaline body is another, a third is maintaining a set of chemical reactions based on algorithms ( a reason we don't supplement iron). If you are not following this diet as designed you are not getting the benefits intended and may cause harm to your body.

That said, PLEASE, realize staying in ketosis is very important to this plan.
I am and have always been very low (major) on iron. I didn't like the after taste of the ip multi vit and went and got a better one with iron.
Will this hurt me? Or stall me? Help Showgirlaz!
karleem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #169  

Quote:
Originally Posted by karleem View Post
I am and have always been very low (major) on iron. I didn't like the after taste of the ip multi vit and went and got a better one with iron.
Will this hurt me? Or stall me? Help Showgirlaz!
You will be fine. I asked my coach (he asked another person up the chain) why we don't get iron. The answer is it is for an algorithm to create chemistry.

BUT, they said I could supplement it if I wanted to. If that is the case, I think it is not detrimental.

If you are low in Iron, it is IMPORTANT that you take care of your health. I was asking because I was concerned about not enough iron too.

Take your iron!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #170  

BF is having a PB sandwich.. I am on TOM and the smell is KILLING ME!!! I so want to have it.. I am sitting her with my egg omelette, and a WF caesar romaine salad with cucumbers and celery....

I want to be thin. I want to be thin. I can see myself at 150. I can see myself at 150... I want to be thin.. I WANT PB.. this sucks at the moment!
GRR..

Going to movies in a bit.. Hope I can handle the smell of the popcorn.

So, dislike TOM!
Old 06-02-2010, 05:11 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

I have been sickly all day today (I think it might be sinus involved) and I suppose I will take the advice and try to find something to squirt up my nose. UGH. Normally I would take some sinus medicine, but I'm so paranoid about taking anything on IP. I wouldn't take the NyQuil much to my boyfriend's dismay last night. Like I told him, if I'm putting alcohol and sugar into my body, it's going to be something that tastes good.
QueenJumbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Okay NSV alert! Got out of the shower this morning and the towel (not my oversized one, the normal one my husband uses, lol) closed AROUND my body!! I could always get it to close at the top, but heaven knows it wasn't covering much down below. I can now be covered by a regular towel, without the police arresting me for indecent exposure!!! YAYAYAYAY ME!

Was that TMI? sorry
OMG that is great! Now I know I am not the only one that looks at this! Every morning I look not there yet but hopefully soon. Congratulations!

Quote:
BF is having a PB sandwich.. I am on TOM and the smell is KILLING ME!!! I so want to have it.. I am sitting her with my egg omelette, and a WF caesar romaine salad with cucumbers and celery....

I want to be thin. I want to be thin. I can see myself at 150. I can see myself at 150... I want to be thin.. I WANT PB.. this sucks at the moment!
GRR..

Going to movies in a bit.. Hope I can handle the smell of the popcorn.

So, dislike TOM!
I simply adore PB, I absolutely love it and bacon lol I was so happy when they did all the testing I would have died if they told me I was allergic to peanuts. I get fresh PB from a health store here and it is divine. Geesh I need to think of something else. Good luck at the movies, I am sure you will be fine.
natural girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:19 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryVaporKitten View Post
You HAVE to try it! It's amazing. I was kind of creeped out by the idea too, until I had a massive sinus infection this past April and gave in and got one. I didn't get the pot, I got the squeeze bottle. I can't remember the proper name, it's something like NeilMed SinuCleanse, it's made by the same people who make the Netti Pot. The thing I like about the bottle is that I control the flow and pressure of the water. It's sooooo worth trying, once you see what comes out of your head, lol! Feel better!
[QUOTE=showgirlaz;3320888]You're welcome! Give the netti pot a try OR, get the Neil MD nasal saline rinse bottle. Costco, cvs, walgreens all carry it. The solution is mild, the bottle is easy to use. I have sinus issues, comes with living in the desert I think, and the rinses have made a HUGE difference in my ability to stay infection free.

If you get a netti pot be careful and really read the directions. I used one and my ears hurt soooo bad for several weeks after. I still don't know what I did wrong. I watched videos on you tube and everything. I looked on the internet for other people that have had problems and some people have had ear damage for years. I am so thankful mine went away. I still have the pot but I am to scared to give it another try. I think I will try the saline rinse before I try the netti pot again. I have heard awesome things about the saline.
SweetSheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 174.1/149.2/135

Height: 5'7"

Default 10lb challenge?

Hey Jordana! Is it too late to join your challenge? My weigh in on monday was 164..I had a horrible week last week so this is 2 lbs up from last weeks weigh in... I am so mad at myself, I was doing soooo good, I was feeling soooo good and I sabotaged myself once again! I am my own worst enemy! A challenge is just what I need I think!

Last edited by DiscoSuzy; 06-02-2010 at 05:35 PM.
DiscoSuzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

so blah today. Might be cause of the accident last night. someone said you hold alot of emotions in even if the accident was small and it just affects you. I don't know, everything just started sucking from the time I got home yeserday and it still continues to do so...

booked a trip to oregon coast though for the second part of the first week of July!!! yippy!!!

that is in 4 weeks so I am hoping to weigh less by then.

Hoping my baby (car) will be fixed by then booty of it is not as shinny anymore

btw TOM with capital letters and FONT 48 is here too.

Last edited by pitakitten; 06-02-2010 at 05:38 PM.
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #176  
Nichole

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
and another thing that i am completely horrified by is that 3 lbs is 10,500 calories. I DID NOT eat that much in calories. I MAYBE had an extra 1500 calories over the weekend, MAYBE. HOW do you gain that much weight(the 3 lbs) so quick? can anyone explain this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
having a horrible day at work along with my 2.5 lb(was 4 then 3 this morning, guess the coffee's helping!) gain from this awfully tempting holiday weekend.

been pushed almost to tears today because of a few things and am feeling rotten.

tried the chili for the first time today over lettuce-the only high point of my day so far

hope everyone else is having a better day than me, gotta keep on truckin'...
I also started the day in tears. And had a few yesterday as well. I had my weigh in yesterday and lost 4.5 lbs. Stepped on the scale today and I was UP 4.5. Totally crazy considering that I stayed on plan yesterday but my calories were ridiculously low. Apparently my body doesn't function well on 538 calories. For the day. So I really slipped today and had coffee with real cream and a couple of no-no's at lunch.

Restarting for real tomorrow. Sigh. I also feel your pain on the neverending period. Day 10 here for me.

Hope your day/evening gets better!
nitenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #177  

TO TXRealtor Please have, at minimum, 2 teaspoons of olive oil or better yet, UDO's oil. It will totally help your BM situation. IP already takes into account that you'll be getting fats in your meats. Just don't eat bacon and high fat cuts of meat. For example, buy the lowest fat ground turkey and ground beef you can. I buy the frozen turkey patties at Costco and have found they taste best if I thaw them and smash them with a spatula until they are super thin. I put no oil in the pan although you could use a nonstick spray if you wanted to. Also, try to buy the 93% lean / 7% fat ground beef if you can. Go as low on the animal-derived fats and enjoy the plant-based fats and oils like olive, flaxseed, grapeseed or UDO's which is a combination of several omega oils. Try to eat some salmon, tuna, and other fish b/c they digest more easily than beef. Whatever you do, do not skip your olive or omega oils b/c they actually encourage weight loss, satisfy appetite, and ease bowel movement.
chimpchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 249/203/135

Height: 5ft 7 "

Quote:
You will be fine. I asked my coach (he asked another person up the chain) why we don't get iron. The answer is it is for an algorithm to create chemistry.

BUT, they said I could supplement it if I wanted to. If that is the case, I think it is not detrimental.

If you are low in Iron, it is IMPORTANT that you take care of your health. I was asking because I was concerned about not enough iron too.

Take your iron!
Thanks for your info. I know I have had really low iron my whole life. I was worried when I first heard of no iron on Ip as I do suffer from almost all the symptoms of low iron :Feeling tired, Having troublle thinking or concentrating, Weak, Pale Skin, Having Heart Palpitations, Sometimes feeling cold.
My husband laughs and says I am always white as a ghost.
I am only taking 10 mg a day so hopefully it will be ok. I should get tested again.
karleem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:28 PM   #179  

TO EVERYONE! The process of getting into Ketosis is hard on your body. It is not wise to keep going in and out. ALSO, without being in ketosis, your body is TRULY on a starvation diet. THAT IS NOT HEALTHY AND NOT THE POINT OF THIS DIET! It is also UNSAFE! Ideal Protein is based on several things Ketosis is one of them, keeping an alkaline body is another, a third is maintaining a set of chemical reactions based on algorithms ( a reason we don't supplement iron). If you are not following this diet as designed you are not getting the benefits intended and may cause harm to your body.

I totally agree. I don't think it's good to have frequent cheats b/c they keep the plan from doing exactly what it's designed to do. The protocol is designed to go through phases prepping your body, particularly the pancreas for regular eating eventually. I think the alcohol is a bad idea, too--that would be a HUGE NO-NO if you asked Dr. Chan. Whatever the case, the # on the scale, while somewhat important, does not tell you what your pancreas is doing in regard to insulin production, etc. Like BEVS and NOVAK have experienced, if you follow protocol phase by phase, you'll "fix" your pancreas, lose the inches, and eventually be back to eating a normal, healthy diet.

Last edited by chimpchamp; 06-02-2010 at 06:41 PM.
chimpchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:40 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 145/120/115

Height: 5'4

Why do people keep commenting on my diet??!! I never mention it, just go about my business, yet everyday someone mentions it sarcastically, or says something like 'Are you still doing THAT??', or "Are you going to do that FOREVER?". Listen, I like fitting into my old jeans and clothes. And I'm proud of myself. And I am learning to not rely on food. So there!
brocola is offline   Reply With Quote