Old 06-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Hey Sheila - good job joining the challenge, I find challenges always keep me motivated.

Regarding drink flavors - some people say aspartame is fine and others say NO ASPARTAME at all. I think it's a personal decision you need to make. I have also heard on the boards in the past that some of the crystal lights are no sweetened with Splenda as are some other drink flavor brands. I know there are some in Canada such as the Nestea drink flavors and Sobeys Grocery store brand but I can't comment on the ones in the states.

Regarding the restricted items, it's actually not about the calorie content in them, it's about the amount of carbs in themthat makes them restricted or not. A bar for example has 15 grams of carbs per, the raspberry jello has 2 g of carbs per...total carbs is what makes you successful or not on this diet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
Hi, Sheila, It's not really about the calories. The restricted items, especially the bars, have more carbs in them. My favorite bar, the caramel nut, has maltitol in it, which can raise your blood sugar just like regular sugar does. However, my coach has allowed one restricted item per day from the beginning of the diet. And I had a bar (and still do) almost every day. It might have slowed my loss down, but I did attain goal (49 pounds in 19 weeks). I think the bar might have helped me to stay on the diet without going nuts. I am a big sweet eater and look forward to my "candy" bar.
Eeek! That makes a huge difference. I think I will hold off as long as I can. I am a huge sweet eater also BevS. I will probably break one of these days and have to have one a day We shall see
SweetSheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:01 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplains wifey View Post
Lost 4 lbs this week ! So I now 161 lbs . AHH one more lb and I would of hit 160 .That was my starting goal . Now Ive moved it to 150 . Taking longer to get these last lbs off. Im thinking Im ready to move to phase two . My coach says not till Im 5 lbs from my goal .Anyone have any comments on that . I am just ready to be in maintance phase . I think.LOL .
Hi, CW, If you had been with my coach, you would have started phase 2 when you reached 178 pounds (80% of your weight loss goal of 88 pounds). Dr. Tran's site says 80% as well. Going into phase 2 didn't slow me down any. It might have even picked things up a bit as I recall. Then I had to stay on phase 2 until I reached goal. Some coaches (and Dr. Tran's site, I believe) say to stay on phase 2 for only a week or two. Of course, it would take longer to lose from 178 to 160 than a week or two. So the diet protocol is a bit ambiguous. Then you stay on phase 3 for exactly 2 weeks before going into phase 4 or maintenance. If I were you, I'd be very tempted to go ahead and start phase 2. You have done so well!
BevS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:08 AM   #63  

TO CHAPLAINSWIFEY I think you should go for the 150!!! You could easily move to Phase 2 and still get to 150 b/c Phase 2 just deletes an IP protein pack and substitutes it with another "real protein" like 7 oz of fish, etc. The change to more real food may be good (better??) for your body but it will require you to prepare the "real protein" which is not always as convenient as shakin' something up. You can stay in Phase 2 as long as it takes to get to your goal weight. It seems like a lot of folks have held weight for weeks but lost inches so remember that the # on the scale is just a small part of the whole picture. Whatever the case, congrads on the 4# loss and if you think another 10 lbs off is going to make you feel better, then GO FOR IT!

Last edited by chimpchamp; 06-01-2010 at 11:10 AM.
chimpchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:51 AM   #64  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Oh thanks Novak! You must be looking forward to phase 3 - YAY for breakfast!!

Some of the people that were still on when we started never reached their goal and just vanished...Ogdog, toarchlaker, Lilita, MeghanO to name a few...they were just great people who had done well on the program and had a lot of wisdom and guidance for me when I started. It was great to have them around!
I've almost FINISHED Phase 3, and yes... breakfast is awesome! Saturday I'm into maintenance, and it's actually a little disconcerting. I've been on the program long enough for it to become second nature, and the thought of making a big adjustment is throwing me off a bit.

Yes, I have read many posts from the pioneers--including the prolific Ogdog, whose presence on the boards is still felt today. I owe them a great deal for the success I've had on IP, since reading those early posts convinced me that IP didn't have the usual fine print that says, "Results not typical." These boards told me that impressive results ARE typical, and I'm still a little shell-shocked at my own!
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #65  
Started IP 4/05/2010

S/C/G: 000/000/145

Height: 5'8

I am back!! I am back!! I am going to do this... Jordanna I thoght of you all weekend... thinking how I would love to have stuck to this like you have. You are such an inspiration. I talk about your success and blog site so much, that I really think it inspires me.

I keep telling myself... I am worth it.. This is about ME!!!
PalmBeacher10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:28 PM   #66  

Hiya PalmBeacher - glad you're back There's always room for you on the wagon

We're having a 10 LBS TO SUMMER challenge if you'd like to join to stay motivated and accountable!

Last edited by jordanna; 06-01-2010 at 12:32 PM.
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:43 PM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
40 lbs is a little unrealistic. you don't look like you need to lose that much honestly, maybe 20-30 tops but i think if you lost 40 lbs of fat the way you're supposed to with ip you'd look unhealthy. i think you're grogeous now.
Thank you Erin that's very kind of you

My coach is saying that she want me at 150, but I want 130. The lowest I remember being in my ''adult life'' is 150. I was wearing a size 9, and L shirt. I've never weight less than that.

The thing is that at 150, I was already ''chubby'', not to say overweight, so I think that 150 is too much, and that's why I want to go to 130. I don't know if it's possible for me to weight that, but I'll try. So I'll decide at 150, and after that, 5 lbs at a time.. Maybe I'll feel good at 145, or 140.. I don't know, I've never weighted that..
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:52 PM   #68  

I was thinking about doing other post that we should probably make sticky for the newbie and for further references.. I want to do it if you want, but I would like your opinion first.

Also, I was thinking about posting those thread here in form of a post, before doing a new thread, so everyone could correct me if i'm wrong or something, or if you don't understand me correctly, or If you had other informations to add to it.. . I know my english isn't perfect, so I don't want to make some new thread that nobody understand.. What do you think ?

I was thinking about informations about :

Splenda vs. aspartam
list of items that come with splenda
nutritionnal informations
restriced, unrestricted items, the difference.. and such..
vitamins
exercices
warning (birth control, pregnant women..)

Is it a good idea?
1FCuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 215/185/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Ok so today my soon to be sister in law posted the pics from my bridal shower (yesterday) and I feel YUKKY!

Here is the thing... I should be getting my period on Friday BUT I am continuing my BC pills to AVOID getting it on my wedding day...so I did not take my progesterone either so BLOAT CITY!...UGH!!!! I hope it stabilizes by Saturday or I will look like a fat cow on the wedding pics... can you say double triple chin? ugh!
You are going to look stunning !!!!!
Vicjul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:23 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 164.2/164.2/130

Height: 5' 6 3/4"

Hi! everyone - I'm still here and slogging through it. Trying to keep up on all the posts is a job in itself, but definitely the support I need. I am struggling lately and really want some real food. June will be OK, but starting in July the company starts coming. I don't really want to quit until I reach my goal weight, but it is hard with relatives around, etc.

My question about Phase 2 is if we are only eliminating a protein powder at lunch and adding a real protein - what is the difference. For me, I am not a real big meat fan, so the powder is actually easier. Do you think it is important to switch to the real protein on Phase 2 - does it make a difference? Would you go from Phase 1 to Phase 3?

Congrats to everyone on their major successes.

Welcome to the newbies. It does get easier, and your taste buds do change some.

Take Care -
LJHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:30 PM   #71  

Height: 5'4"

I am going to be starting Phase 3 on Sunday....but have abandond my worthless coach....I pulled the Phase 3 info off the other thread...but I really wanted to get some ideas of what breakfast looks like for those of you on phase 3 right now......I don't want to eat the same thing for breakfast for 2 weeks straigh....Bev or Novack or anyone else??? :-)
choosie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:46 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJHA View Post
Hi! everyone - I'm still here and slogging through it. Trying to keep up on all the posts is a job in itself, but definitely the support I need. I am struggling lately and really want some real food. June will be OK, but starting in July the company starts coming. I don't really want to quit until I reach my goal weight, but it is hard with relatives around, etc.

My question about Phase 2 is if we are only eliminating a protein powder at lunch and adding a real protein - what is the difference. For me, I am not a real big meat fan, so the powder is actually easier. Do you think it is important to switch to the real protein on Phase 2 - does it make a difference? Would you go from Phase 1 to Phase 3?

Congrats to everyone on their major successes.

Welcome to the newbies. It does get easier, and your taste buds do change some.

Take Care -
Hi,

I am not 100% on this but I think it has to do with introducing you to "normal" eating gradualy. I do think it serves a purpose and it being that your body is being gradualy introduced to normal eating habits than all of a sudden.
pitakitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:06 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 241/173/150

Height: 5'5

Weigh in #11 today. I was down another 3 pounds! I was kind of scared for today's weigh in after a long 3 day weekend. I didn't have any horrible cheats but I did make the mock potato salad using a couple of Tbl spoons of real mayo, and I had meat with 2 meals yesterday instead of just one. All of that to say, I'm very happy with my weigh in results this week. My total weight loss is now 34 pounds and today we added up all of my inches lost which is 26.5 inches in 11 weeks! Man, I love this diet!!!! Going later with my hubby for his first weigh in.
yelliemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:14 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

We had a cookout yesterday and I did not eat anything I wasn't supposed to but I had way to many vodka & soda! I meant to check if I was in ketosis still this morning but forgot and my head is killing me today. Probably not going to be a very good weigh in this week.
natural girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 02:29 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural girl View Post
We had a cookout yesterday and I did not eat anything I wasn't supposed to but I had way to many vodka & soda! I meant to check if I was in ketosis still this morning but forgot and my head is killing me today. Probably not going to be a very good weigh in this week.
I had to leave a party the other night around 1am. I'd only had 4 low carb beers, but I started to get so hungry that I wanted the pretzels that were out! I still had lost 1.5 lbs the next morning, so I'm hopeful that my IP Compromise worked. Anxious to hear how you do!
QueenJumbie is offline   Reply With Quote