Old 05-31-2010, 10:34 PM   #46  

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady5andy View Post
Welcome !!

There's many way to do your veggies.

For lunch time, you can make something like a greek salad. I use cauliflower, broccoli, mushrooms, radish, oinon, all raw, and diced with olive oil, vinegar and Ms Dash spices (garlic).

You can steam your veggies, put it on a barbecue with low fat, low carb, low cal chicken broth, do a stir fry..

You've also many recipes that are really yummy:
Chinese fried '' rice''
Big Mac in a bowl
Sloppy joe stuffed peppers

Those are my personnal favorite. You can find them in the 2 recipes thread, here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...cipes-2-a.html and http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-recipes.html:

Jordanna Hope you're feeling well now! Don't worry, you'll be there in no time !! & thanks for you answer in the last thread. I'm looking at your Fitday often, but I'll pay more attention now

Looking forward to the sheet from Showgirlaz, I think I'll try to do a kind of bootcamp like Jordanna is doing, keeping my intake under 20-25 carbs a day. I want to loose more, and be ''skinny'' for school in September, and off plan! Most of my friends from the University haven't seen me for all summer, so I hope they'll see the difference. I want like a to have a reaction from them like ''wow I didn't remember she was pretty'' haha or something like that..

I don't know if loosing 40 lbs is a realistic objectif before the end of the summer.. What do you girls think?
40 lbs is a little unrealistic. you don't look like you need to lose that much honestly, maybe 20-30 tops but i think if you lost 40 lbs of fat the way you're supposed to with ip you'd look unhealthy. i think you're grogeous now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I'm feeling discouraged today. I lost 1.4 lbs and I'm just starting to feel like I'm never going to get below 200 no matter how hard I try. I know I'm just having a pity party but it's so frustrating sometimes.

I have a friend on IP who cheats all the time and loses at least a pound every week and I'm busting my butt following the program to a T and can't seem to lose to save my life lately.
im the ip friend who cheats all the time too. i continue to lse weight but that's not the goal of this for me-it's to eat healthily and obviously i'm not. like [B]pita[B] says "it's a slippery slope" and ofr me-right back into being a size 9/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
This recipe was derived from taking a little of this recipe and a little of that recipe and coming up with thie recipe which suited me perfectly! I took a picture, but I don't know how to add the picture to this box! (any help appreciated)

1 zucchini
1 egg white
1 IP Chicken Soup Mix
Mrs Dash Onion & Herb, IP Sea Salt, Garlic Powder, Black pepper

Using the mandolin I sliced the zucchini between 1/8-1/4 inches. I dipped each slice in the egg white, put each slice down on the chicken soup mix, seasoned the other side (the egg white up side) and then flipped it over in the mix to coat the other side of each slice in the soup mix. I heated EVOO in the pan and cooked each slice until it was tender. YUMMY!
sounds YUMMY! i am definitely doing this ASAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelsey View Post
Sometimes I think cheating a little helps... I never cheated, but then a couple of weeks ago I ate out several days and I had 3 grilled chicken ceasar salads (no croutons, no cheese). That dressing is high in fat. That week I lost 3.5 lbs. Last week NO cheating, and lost only 2.5, so go ahead. Have your pity party. It stinks when we think we're doing REALLY good all week, and then the numbers are just not there. It doesn't mean anything. We KNOW we're doing well, and we know we're losing weight, and we know we won't quit!!! But yes, we can have a little pity party if we want too!
like i said, pity parties are a slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txtrish View Post
Hello!

I am new to this message board. I started IP a week ago today and I have my first WI tomorrow afternoon.

The first few days were rough, but I lived and now I am pretty tired of broccoli and cauliflower, so I have tried some of the recipes already. I really appreciate having this MB around for support and questions answered.

I have a LOT of weight to lose, so i hope I lose as quickly as some of you have, though I know each person is different.

Thanks!
Txtrish
where are you in TX???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
I can't wait to hear from you tomorrow to let us all know how pleased you are with the first week. Way to get through it...it all gets easier now

Motivatedmama!!!...Nicely done!! Those are all MAJOR accomplishments!

I am all in if there are some folks interested in 10lbs by July 1st or some variation of that. I have a vacation/wedding for a week, but it will help keep me motivated

It may be slow these days but I did hit the 150's FINALLY!!!!!!!!!
i am into this 10 lbs down by july 1st, where is the thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgarygirlie View Post
Here are the ingredients for the Fat free cool whip:Ingredients: WATER, CORN SYRUP, HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL* (COCONUT AND PALM KERNEL OILS), HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP, LESS THAN TWO PERCENT OF SODIUM CASEINATE (FROM MILK), NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FLAVOR, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, XANTHAN AND GUAR GUMS, POLYSORBATE 60, POLYSORBATE 65, SORBITAN MONOSTEARATE, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, BETA CAROTENE (COLOR). CONTAINS: MILK. *ADDS A NEGLIGIBLE AMOUNT OF FAT.
Size: 8 OZ

I wasn't sure if that was the same stuff as the sugar free you are talking about Motiv8edmama. I know we are to try and stay away from the whole "corn syrup" thing, so I would be interested to see if it does have any effect. And hey, if eating pesticides will burn fat in my body...I'M IN!
As for bunnies, we have one too many at our place, we live close to a river valley, let me know if your daughter would like a few sent her way
she said it was the sugar free not fat free...but i am interested in the nutritional values od=f the sugar free as i have always been a sugar fre cool whip fan
mamaerinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:35 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Hmmm...I looked on google for a second, I am no researcher, but I think if we can not use the Splenda sweetened cool whip, we may be able to find a recipe and make our own. I would give one hundred dollars that Carla, Showgirlaz could throw one out there!! Gotta love that girl! ♥

Oh, Erin...love the new picture!

I have looked at the Kraft website and see they have the lite, free and sugar free cool whips, I do not see the one that is sweetened with Splenda or it would have sucralose listed in the ingredients. I am going to have to go to the store and look to make sure they actually say splenda on them like I thought.

Last edited by motiv8edmama; 05-31-2010 at 10:50 PM.
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:18 PM   #48  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Ok so today my soon to be sister in law posted the pics from my bridal shower (yesterday) and I feel YUKKY!

Here is the thing... I should be getting my period on Friday BUT I am continuing my BC pills to AVOID getting it on my wedding day...so I did not take my progesterone either so BLOAT CITY!...UGH!!!! I hope it stabilizes by Saturday or I will look like a fat cow on the wedding pics... can you say double triple chin? ugh!
deinekatze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:22 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 217/174/150

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Hello!

I am new to this message board. I started IP a week ago today and I have my first WI tomorrow afternoon.

The first few days were rough, but I lived and now I am pretty tired of broccoli and cauliflower, so I have tried some of the recipes already. I really appreciate having this MB around for support and questions answered.

I have a LOT of weight to lose, so i hope I lose as quickly as some of you have, though I know each person is different.

Thanks!
Txtrish
Welcome! You made it through the toughest part. I'll be excited to hear about your WI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motiv8edmama View Post
I am sooooo excited!! I made my 20 lb challenge! I didn't think I was going to make it, I was preparing myself to not let it get me down, but...nope, this chunky chick made it!
So, I have gone through the 260s, 250s, 240s, weighed less than my hubby, the 230s, and made my 20 lb challenge!!
So, now I am thinking of new goals. Some are thinking of 10 lb by July 1 and I am up for it! I would love to see onederland by or on my birthday, Sept. 1, so I plan to work extremely hard.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend. I am keeping all of those in my mind who have gone on before me as a sacrifice for my family and I to be free. Thanks to all who are defending our freedom and to their families!
Awesome job on meeting the challenge. I just joined the 10 pound challenge and I'm ready!

[QUOTE=smithaa;3317167]It must be true -- test #2 & #3 positive. If BabyCenter is right, I'm just 5 weeks along. I'm slightly in shock and yes, this is a good thing. I'm 42 and have 1 child but he needs a sibling so I'm happy for us.

A million congrats! I wish your family all the best!

I have to say that I'm glad to put this weekend to bed. Didn't cheat, but watched a lot of barbeque-eating and cocktail swilling these past three days. I kept it together pretty well and enjoyed seeing my peeps but by tonight I was like, enough!!
kellyrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 12:33 AM   #50  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
hmmm I don't think I've heard of that brand sadly. Not as much stuff is sweetened with splenda here in Canada as in the States...we don't have nearly as much sugar free stuff in general.

Gosh, there aren't many veterans left on the boards, I think we drove them all away sadly.
I agree! I miss the old crew. Maybe someday they will all come back around!

Quote:
I was told by a lady at my herb shop that Splenda was originally made as a pesticide and someone discovered how sweet it was so made it into an artificial sweetner. Not sure about that, I am not a researcher like some of the other people on here. I am just one of those people who remembers things she has read or heard. (not sure it that is so good either... .
There is a very strong chemical structure similarity between sucralose and DDT. It has a strong enough similarity to be causing fears in some parts of the medical community. There have been several articles done in the Journal of Toxicology and In the Journal of Infectious Disease and the rhuematological journals about negative impacts they are seeing in the USA. There has been a call from these areas to the FDA to open studies and research again into this chemical because it is "the least studied" of all the sweeteners before it went to the mass availability in the public arena. NO studies were done on children, pregnant women, or many women. Most studies were done on animals and 8 studies were done on men. The alternative health community has issues with chemicals in general but this one has some very respected/informed individuals nervous because the chemical structure of this sweetener, as it breaks down, doesn't appear to fully eliminate from the body, builds toxicity in the body. Research is also showing that even at very reasonable levels, regular use, can cause significant decreases in good bacteria within the intestine.

Yeah, it is not such a great chemical.... although, that is just now being debated. One Dr wrote, regarding this program and the issues with splenda, "it would be preferable to use no drugs in the treatment of people. However, if I must choose to balance the risks associated to obesity and the suspected risks of sucralose, in the short term the sucralose is necessary. I wouldn't want a patient on rat poison either but, warfarin is the best medicine we have as an anti-coagulent if a patient has blood clots."

Quote:
Hmmm...I looked on google for a second, I am no researcher, but I think if we can not use the Splenda sweetened cool whip, we may be able to find a recipe and make our own. I would give one hundred dollars that Carla, Showgirlaz could throw one out there!! Gotta love that girl! ♥

I will work on that tomorrow! Setting down to a movie now!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
I hope it stabilizes by Saturday or I will look like a fat cow on the wedding pics... can you say double triple chin? ugh!
YOU WILL BE BEAUTIFUL!!! Relax, accept life for what it is. Would you rather have great pictures or a great honeymoon, if you can only choose one???

Last edited by showgirlaz; 06-01-2010 at 03:20 PM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 04:27 AM   #51  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

OK... trying to come up with a good option for whipping cream substitute. There are many. Nearly all sound DISGUSTING! AND, they really are dairy free substitutes more than nonfat substitutes. Most have more fat per tbsp than if you used a light whipping cream and splenda and just used moderation in putting it on the jello. Most tell you they will separate, use oil and lemon and gelatin to make a greasy sweet thick "dressing". ICK!

The best of the options I have found, but not tried...( I like real whipping cream and can live without it or suffer the consequence of the added fat that keeps me in ketosis.)

1. Use thickened skim milk in place of heavy cream. Use ingredients such as cornstarch, flour or unflavored gelatin, to thicken skim milk.
2. Mix a can of evaporated milk with unflavored gelatin and water. Let it sit and thicken, and use it in place of heavy cream.
3. Create a low-fat, vegan substitute for heavy cream by combining silk tofu with plain soy milk. Blend the ingredients together until there are no lumps and use as a whipped cream substitute.
4. Make a whipped, heavy cream substitute with evaporated milk and vanilla extract. Chill the evaporated milk first, add the vanilla and mix.adding sweetener to taste is optional per 1/2cup - 13g carbs and 10g fat

Mock whipping cream #1

Ingredients:
10 1/2 oz firm tofu
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp lemon rind
Sweeten to taste with splenda or stevia or sugar free torani syrup
Directions:
Place all ingredients into a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.
Cover and store in refrigerator until ready to use.
2carbs no fat in the above recipe

Light Whipped Cream
Vegetarian Times Issue: July 1, 2006 p.59 — Member Rating: -
This recipe combines the luxury of real whipped cream with the healthfulness of low-fat yogurt. It’s great with fresh berries and keeps well in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.

Ingredient List
Makes about 1 1/2 cups
1 cup low-fat or nonfat vanilla yogurt
1/3 cup whipping cream
1 tsp. orange extract
1. Line sieve or colander with cheesecloth or coffee filters and set over medium bowl, leaving at least 1/2 inch of clearance from bottom. Spoon in yogurt, cover and let drain in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, or up to 2 hours. Discard liquid.
2. Whip cream in chilled small bowl with electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in drained yogurt and orange extract. Serve immediately, or store chilled.
Nutritional Information
Per TABLESPOON: Calories: 21, Protein: g, Total fat: 1g, Saturated fat: 1g, Carbs: 2g, Cholesterol: 5mg, Sodium: 8mg, Fiber: g, Sugars: 2g

MOCK WHIPPED CREAM

Printed from COOKS.COM
□ 1/2 c. non fat dried milk powder
□ 4 tsp. lemon juice
□ 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (opt.)
Put skim milk in small metal bowl, sit in the freezer and let stand until ice crystals begin to form, about 15 minutes. Remove from freezer and add dry milk powder and cream of tartar. With electric mixer, whip the mixture at high speed until foamy. Beat in 1 teaspoon lemon juice and continue beating until the mixture begins to thicken.

I tried to find something low in fat and low in carbs that might hold up well and have a bit of flavor....
I hope something here is workable and taste good for those interested.

Last edited by showgirlaz; 06-01-2010 at 04:29 AM.
showgirlaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:12 AM   #52  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I agree! I miss the old crew. Maybe someday they will all come back around!
Uh, if I'm not mistaken, the whole point is to get it done, and don't look back! I'll be finishing up Phase 3 on Friday, and may check in from time to time to see how folks are doing, but I really have no intention of having to start this over again! My sister started in April and is down 16 pounds now... more than half way to her goal. We've made a pact not to let each other start gaining weight again. I REALLY, REALLY like being this size, so I'm pretty motivated to stay this way!

You two have been incredibly inspiring with your progress and dedication to these boards. It will be fantastic when you reach your final goals, but very sad for all the folks left behind. I hope the newbies to come take the time to check the "archives" for all the wisdom you've left here...
Novak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:53 AM   #53  

Oh thanks Novak! You must be looking forward to phase 3 - YAY for breakfast!!

Some of the people that were still on when we started never reached their goal and just vanished...Ogdog, toarchlaker, Lilita, MeghanO to name a few...they were just great people who had done well on the program and had a lot of wisdom and guidance for me when I started. It was great to have them around!
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #54  

Default 20 Lbs By June 1 Challenge

Just a reminder to everyone who hasn't yet, today is the last day to post your 20 lbs by June 1 final #'s. I will be posting the final chart for this challenge later this evening.

20 Lbs by June 1 Challenge

For anyone interested we are starting a new challenge that will run from June 1 to July 1 so if you want to sign up come let me know your starting weight on the thread, I'll be taking participants until the end of the day:

10 LBS TO SUMMER CHALLENGE
Old 06-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 253.6/235.6/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I'm feeling discouraged today. I lost 1.4 lbs and I'm just starting to feel like I'm never going to get below 200 no matter how hard I try. I know I'm just having a pity party but it's so frustrating sometimes.

I have a friend on IP who cheats all the time and loses at least a pound every week and I'm busting my butt following the program to a T and can't seem to lose to save my life lately.
Jordanna, you are doing so well! You are such an encouragement to all of us. You will get under 200. You have had so much going on this past week. You can do it!!

Quote:
I am sooooo excited!! I made my 20 lb challenge! I didn't think I was going to make it, I was preparing myself to not let it get me down, but...nope, this chunky chick made it!
So, I have gone through the 260s, 250s, 240s, weighed less than my hubby, the 230s, and made my 20 lb challenge!!
So, now I am thinking of new goals. Some are thinking of 10 lb by July 1 and I am up for it! I would love to see onederland by or on my birthday, Sept. 1, so I plan to work extremely hard.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend. I am keeping all of those in my mind who have gone on before me as a sacrifice for my family and I to be free. Thanks to all who are defending our freedom and to their families!
Great job! I haven't set to many goals and I really need to. What a way to stay motivated.

Quote:
Just a reminder to everyone who hasn't yet, today is the last day to post your 20 lbs by June 1 final #'s. I will be posting the final chart for this challenge later this evening.

20 Lbs by June 1 Challenge

For anyone interested we are starting a new challenge that will run from June 1 to July 1 so if you want to sign up come let me know your starting weight on the thread, I'll be taking participants until the end of the day:

10 LBS TO SUMMER CHALLENGE
Thank you Jordanna for starting this. I needed some motivation. Can't wait!

Questions: I know before starting IP I would use the little flavored Crystal Light packets to flavor my water. Is there a brand out there that we can use? I get my water in but I would much rather have it flavored.

Also I am a bit confused......last week I was told that I could have the restricted items now but it could slow me down. I decided not to go with the restricted items but as I was looking at the nutritional fact sheet it says the chocolate Drink has 120 calories. That is all I did this week so I had three a day so that would be 360 calories. What is the difference if I did say 1 raspberry gelatin (100 calories) 1 Pink Lemonade (90 calories) and one bar for 140 or 160 calories. Daily that would be 330 or 350 making that less and I have one restricted item (a treat). I don't need the restricted items. I just thought it would be nice for a change.

Last edited by SweetSheila; 06-01-2010 at 09:56 AM.
SweetSheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:06 AM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
Jordanna, you are doing so well! You are such an encouragement to all of us. You will get under 200. You have had so much going on this past week. You can do it!!

Great job! I haven't set to many goals and I really need to. What a way to stay motivated.

Thank you Jordanna for starting this. I needed some motivation. Can't wait!

Questions: I know before starting IP I would use the little flavored Crystal Light packets to flavor my water. Is there a brand out there that we can use? I get my water in but I would much rather have it flavored.

Also I am a bit confused......last week I was told that I could have the restricted items now but it could slow me down. I decided not to go with the restricted items but as I was looking at the nutritional fact sheet it says the chocolate Drink has 120 calories. That is all I did this week so I had three a day so that would be 360 calories. What is the difference if I did say 1 raspberry gelatin (100 calories) 1 Pink Lemonade (90 calories) and one bar for 140 or 160 calories. Daily that would be 330 or 350 making that less and I have one restricted item (a treat). I don't need the restricted items. I just thought it would be nice for a change.
Hey Sheila - good job joining the challenge, I find challenges always keep me motivated.

Regarding drink flavors - some people say aspartame is fine and others say NO ASPARTAME at all. I think it's a personal decision you need to make. I have also heard on the boards in the past that some of the crystal lights are no sweetened with Splenda as are some other drink flavor brands. I know there are some in Canada such as the Nestea drink flavors and Sobeys Grocery store brand but I can't comment on the ones in the states.

Regarding the restricted items, it's actually not about the calorie content in them, it's about the amount of carbs in themthat makes them restricted or not. A bar for example has 15 grams of carbs per, the raspberry jello has 2 g of carbs per...total carbs is what makes you successful or not on this diet.
Old 06-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #57  

Quote:

Hang in there, you are tougher than the pity party. Don't let it get you too down.

Quote:
Hello!

Thanks!
Txtrish
Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithaa View Post
It must be true -- test #2 & #3 positive. If BabyCenter is right, I'm just 5 weeks along. I'm slightly in shock and yes, this is a good thing. I'm 42 and have 1 child but he needs a sibling so I'm happy for us.
Congratulations
want2run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:27 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetSheila View Post
Hi, Sheila, It's not really about the calories. The restricted items, especially the bars, have more carbs in them. My favorite bar, the caramel nut, has maltitol in it, which can raise your blood sugar just like regular sugar does. However, my coach has allowed one restricted item per day from the beginning of the diet. And I had a bar (and still do) almost every day. It might have slowed my loss down, but I did attain goal (49 pounds in 19 weeks). I think the bar might have helped me to stay on the diet without going nuts. I am a big sweet eater and look forward to my "candy" bar.
BevS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:35 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 248/155/150

Height: 5'5"

Lost 4 lbs this week ! So I now 161 lbs . AHH one more lb and I would of hit 160 .That was my starting goal . Now Ive moved it to 150 . Taking longer to get these last lbs off. Im thinking Im ready to move to phase two . My coach says not till Im 5 lbs from my goal .Anyone have any comments on that . I am just ready to be in maintance phase . I think.LOL .
Chaplains wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 10:42 AM   #60  

S/C/G: S/C/G: 163.4/143.8/140

Height: 5'8

I'm new to the boards and I love it. You all are such a wealth of knowledge. I'm starting today and look forward to keeping motivated by checking in here and seeing everyone else's progress. I don't have a LOT to lose, but it has been very very stubborn with no thyroid and my coach thinks this is a great diet for me. I look forward to being healthier and more active.
xanthia is offline   Reply With Quote