Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 01:24 AM   #271  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by showgirlaz View Post
I contacted Dr Tran last night. I provided him my information and doctor's comments and I asked him about my circumstance and how long I could be on this plan in a strict form and what his experience has to say about the cholesterol issues. His response was very reassuring. This plan DOES NOT have an end time for phase 1.
What? You contacted Dr. Tran??? So cool!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 01:37 AM   #272  
New To Ideal Protein

S/C/G: 230/211.8/165

Height: 5 ft 5

You bet I love the rhubarb stewed on the stove with water and alittle lemon juice. Then I put alittle WF strawberry jam on top!! Reminds me of Strawberry/rhubarb pie. Minus the pie part!! LOL!! Its a keeper.
Still always trying out so many new recipes, will let you all know as I test em out!!
One thing has anyone had days where you get a stomach ache(kind of like when your really hungry) yet you have just eaten??? I am just about to TOM, and not sure if that is it. Its been 3 days of it!!
Dang maybe its all the rhubarb I am eating. I hope not!!
Old 05-13-2010, 03:32 AM   #273  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
carla
what is wrong with citric acid and maltitol? isn't citric acid like lemon juice(a freebie type food) and don't most of the IP foods include maltitol and citric acid?
thanks for always giving such great input
i will have to try the seasoned baked pickled green beans, sound awesome!
Unfortunately, citric acid is not exactly like lemon juice, Lemon juice contains small amounts of citric acid and, in small doses is fine to use. However citric acid is more concentrated. The issues I have read about citric acid have to do with the methods the body uses to create energy. There is the KREBS cycle and the CORI cycle. The Krebs cycle is kicked off with citric acid and generates glucose and ATP. The Cori cycle is an alternate energy production method. There is some belief that too much citric acid can kick you out of ketosis and start and element of the krebs cycle known as gluconeogenesis which will produce new sugars for the body and may activate insulin production. I haven't found anything more than that.

Regarding Maltitol and Maltodextrin, both are sugar alcohol with no carbs but BOTH have a glycemic load equal to regular table sugar. That means your insulin will spike despite the lack of carbs.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:23 AM   #274  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateusernames View Post
Hi Novak, I was just wondering if you could divulge where you buy your premixed shakes, and are they very similar to the IP shakes? I totally agree with the strict adherence to the IP protocol, however, I really like the IP shakes and am interested in a more affordable substitute. In the summer, I work on a ranch and my coach wants me to add another packet to my daily intake. My wallet will be feeling the strain without some alternatives. Thanks.
Yes, as others have noted, New Lifestyle... though it's seemingly scarce to come by lately.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:52 AM   #275  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
SO, here is what I did. I contacted Dr Tran last night. I asked him how long I could be on this plan in a strict form and what his experience has to say about the cholesterol issues. His response was very reassuring. This plan DOES NOT have an end time for phase 1. It ends when you are done or choose to stop or have real medical concerns. In the absence of that you many go on. The low cholesterol has been seen before and WILL correct itself to a normal place once the diet has achieved a normal place/weight.

I would assume that each person should be addressed as unique and that his advise might not be true for everyone. Please following your dr or coach's or professionals advise as you pursue this program.
I'm so impressed! First that you went through all the middle men and contacted Dr. Tran directly, and second that he got back with you right away! So cool!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:54 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Lindora is having a buy one, get one half off sale today through Sunday.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:26 AM   #277  

Good morning everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that I changed my website. Here is the new link. This skin masque makes your face feel so smooth and soft.

http://www.mynucerity.com/bluemermaid

Please let me know if you would like me to send you a sample.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:29 AM   #278  

Default WOW Carla!!

Quote:
You guys have had a really busy day!! 7 new pages of posts! WOW!!

SO, here is what I did. I contacted Dr Tran last night. I asked him how long I could be on this plan in a strict form and what his experience has to say about the cholesterol issues. His response was very reassuring. This plan DOES NOT have an end time for phase 1. It ends when you are done or choose to stop or have real medical concerns. In the absence of that you many go on. The low cholesterol has been seen before and WILL correct itself to a normal place once the diet has achieved a normal place/weight.

I would assume that each person should be addressed as unique and that his advise might not be true for everyone. Please following your dr or coach's or professionals advise as you pursue this program.
That is terrific you contacted Dr. Tran and he responded. It will be a good resource for some of the other questions we seem to get conflicting answers for. Did you do this through his website?
Old 05-13-2010, 07:32 AM   #279  

Default Welcome Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
What? You contacted Dr. Tran??? So cool!!!
Hi Birman,

I have missed seeing you on the board. It looks like you are still doing terrific with your weight loss. Weigh to go!!!
Old 05-13-2010, 07:41 AM   #280  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
all this talk about sizes - I can't wait to walk in to a normal store and buy clothes. I think I'm getting close. All of my size 18 pants are too big, and my 1X shirts are baggy but I'm nervous to take the plunge and walk in to a normal store. I'm scared that the clothes won't fit and I'll be sad.

Not to mention, when you've only had 1 or 2 stores to choose your clothes from for 15 years it's hard to really know what your style is and what stores to shop in!
Hi Jordanna,

You may be surprised when you go to a store and try on a XL shirt, you may need only a large. You might even find some size 14 pants. Go for it!! You don't want to buy too much because you are still shrinking. Glad you got your computer.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:42 AM   #281  
Senior Member 2/12/2010

Height: 5'4"

showgirlaz- I read this yesterday.To confirm what you are saying, in Dr. Tran's book The Unbalanced Diet Approach to a Slimmer You on page 71. "Phase 1 lasts as long as it takes to lose 70 to 80% of the total amount of weight to be lost.,,,Obviously the phases for someone who needs to lose 8-10 pounds will not be the same for someone who needs to lose 80-100. In the latter case, the phases will be much longer." Great news since I am now on day 91 and chugging along.
He also says having aspertame is ok!p.67-- (not sure I agree with him, at least not for me anyway)

Last edited by HopefulTricia; 05-13-2010 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:37 AM   #282  

S/C/G: 249/229/160

Height: 5' 5"

Watching Oprah on the DVR. They are discussing "Women Food and God". Haven't read the book but it seems to say to change the negative soundtrack in your head with the kindness we all deserve. I feel that coming hear and reading all your posts is like a kind balm for my soul. I felt I was alone with my weight and my desired goal. Not only am I not alone, I feel connected to you all. Thanks guys. Looking forward to rhubarb!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:26 AM   #283  

S/C/G: 232/168/150

Height: 5'5"

Default Premixed Shakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novak View Post
Yes, as others have noted, New Lifestyle... though it's seemingly scarce to come by lately.
Novak and Jordanna,
Thanks for the info on the premixed shakes. Unfortunately, the Dr. Bernsteins is $32 to ship to MT! ( I hate living in the middle of nowhere.) The New Lifestyles website didn't offer the shakes, maybe they are discontinuing????? Anyone have any insight?????
Old 05-13-2010, 10:31 AM   #284  

I have 5 patches of Rhubarb. It is a staple in my house through the summer till next year! Yummola is right!!!

Any one want to come and get some????
Old 05-13-2010, 10:35 AM   #285  

Height: 5'10"

Jordanna: Thank you SO MUCH! My prize arrived today, I love love love all of it! I wish we lived closer, you seem like the kind of person I would love to hang out with. Guess we'll have to do it via cyberspace. Thanks again -- I have a huge smile on my face!
Closed Thread