3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #301

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

Day 3 and I am not as hungry thank goodness! I was tempted to get on the scale this morning but didn't. I forgot to sync my scale with the *official* scale when I got home from my first WI. I will have to remember to do that at my next WI. Still have loose bowels but I guess that's better than being constipated. lol I almsot bought some rhubarb at the grocery this morning but decided against it since I am unsure that I could control myself with it. My neighbor where we used to live had it growing all over her yard. She said it was like a weed once it started. Wish I still lived over there.

mamaerinb & carlasherea you both look fantastic!
Old 05-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #302

S/C/G: 249/229/160

Height: 5' 5"

Default Found this very interesting.

John Hopkins Update - Good article

AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY ('TRY', BEING THE KEY WORD) TO ELIMINATE CANCER, JOHNS HOPKINS IS FINALLY STARTING TO TELL YOU THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY ..

Cancer Update from Johns Hopkins:

1. Every person has cancer cells in the body. These cancer cells do not show up in the standard tests until they have multiplied to a few billion. When doctors tell cancer patients that there are no more cancer cells in their bodies after treatment, it just means the tests are unable to detect the cancer cells because they have not reached the detectable size.

2. Cancer cells occur between 6 to more than 10 times in a person's lifetime.

3 When the person's immune system is strong the cancer cells will be destroyed and prevented from multiplying and forming tumors.

4. When a person has cancer it indicates the person has multiple nutritional deficiencies. These could be due to genetic, environmental, food and lifestyle factors..

5. To overcome the multiple nutritional deficiencies, changing diet and including supplements will strengthen the immune system.

6. Chemotherapy involves poisoning the rapidly-growing cancer cells and also destroys rapidly-growing healthy cells in the bone marrow, gastrointestinal tract etc, and can cause organ damage, like liver, kidneys, heart, lungs etc.

7. Radiation while destroying cancer cells also burns, scars and damages healthy cells, tissues and organs..

8. Initial treatment with chemotherapy and radiation will often reduce tumor size. However prolonged use of chemotherapy and radiation do not result in more tumor destruction.

9. When the body has too much toxic burden from chemotherapy and radiation the immune system is either compromised or destroyed, hence the person can succumb to various kinds of infections and complications.

10. Chemotherapy and radiation can cause cancer cells to mutate and become resistant and difficult to destroy. Surgery can also cause cancer cells to spread to other sites.

11. An effective way to battle cancer is to starve the cancer cells by not feeding it with the foods it needs to multiply.

CANCER CELLS FEED ON:

a. Sugar is a cancer-feeder. By cutting off sugar it cuts off one important food supply to the cancer cells. Sugar substitutes like NutraSweet, Equal, Spoonful, etc are made with Aspartame and it is harmful. A better natural substitute would be Manuka honey or molasses but only in very small amounts. Table salt has a chemical added to make it white in color. Better alternative is Bragg's aminos or sea salt.

b. Milk causes the body to produce mucus, especially in the gastro-intestinal tract. Cancer feeds on mucus. By cutting off milk and substituting with unsweetened soy milk cancer cells are being starved.

c. Cancer cells thrive in an acid environment. A meat-based diet is acidic and it is best to eat fish, and a little chicken rather than beef or pork. Meat also contains livestock antibiotics, growth hormones and parasites, which are all harmful, especially to people with cancer.

d.. A diet made of 80% fresh vegetables and juice, whole grains, seeds, nuts and a little fruits help put the body into an alkaline environment. About 20% can be from cooked food including beans. Fresh vegetable juices provide live enzymes that are easily absorbed and reach down to cellular levels within 15 minutes to nourish and enhance growth of healthy cells. To obtain live enzymes for building healthy cells try and drink fresh vegetable juice (most vegetables including bean sprouts) and eat some raw vegetables 2 or 3 times a day. Enzymes are destroyed at temperatures of 104 degrees F (40 degrees C).

e. Avoid coffee, tea, and chocolate, which have high caffeine. Green tea is a better alternative and has cancer fighting properties. Water-best to drink purified water, or filtered, to avoid known toxins and heavy metals in tap water. Distilled water is acidic, avoid it.

12. Meat protein is difficult to digest and requires a lot of digestive enzymes. Undigested meat remaining in the intestines becomes putrefied and leads to more toxic buildup.

13. Cancer cell walls have a tough protein covering. By refraining from or eating less meat it frees more enzymes to attack the protein walls of cancer cells and allows the body's killer cells to destroy the cancer cells.

14. Some supplements build up the immune system (IP6, Flor-ssence, Essiac, anti-oxidants, vitamins, minerals, EFAs etc.) to enable the bodies own killer cells to destroy cancer cells. Other supplements like vitamin E are known to cause apoptosis, or programmed cell death, the body's normal method of disposing of damaged, unwanted, or unneeded cells.

15. Cancer is a disease of the mind, body, and spirit. A proactive and positive spirit will help the cancer warrior be a survivor. Anger, un-forgiveness and bitterness put the body into a stressful and acidic environment. Learn to have a loving and forgiving spirit. Learn to relax and enjoy life.

16. Cancer cells cannot thrive in an oxygenated environment. Exercising daily, and deep breathing help to get more oxygen down to the cellular level. Oxygen therapy is another means employed to destroy cancer cells.

1. No plastic containers in micro.

2. No water bottles in freezer.

3. No plastic wrap in microwave.

Johns Hopkins has recently sent this out in its newsletters. This information is being circulated at Walter Reed Army Medical Center as well. Dioxin chemicals cause cancer, especially breast cancer. Dioxins are highly poisonous to the cells of our bodies. Don't freeze your plastic bottles with water in them as this releases dioxins from the plastic. Recently, Dr. Edward Fujimoto, Wellness Program Manager at Cast le Hospital, was on a TV program to explain this health hazard. He talked about dioxins and how bad they are for us. He said that we should not be heating our food in the microwave using plastic containers. This especially applies to foods that contain fat. He said that the combination of fat, high heat, and plastics releases dioxin into the food and ultimately into the cells of the body. Instead, he recommends using glass, such as Corning Ware, Pyrex or ceramic containers for heating food You get the same results, only without the dioxin. So such things as TV dinners, instant ramen and soups, etc., should be removed from the container and heated in something else. Paper isn't bad but you don't know what is in the paper. It's just safer to use tempered glass, Corning Ware, etc. He reminded us that a while ago some of the fast food restaurants moved away from the foam containers to paper. The dioxin problem is one of the reasons.

Also, he pointed out that plastic wrap, such as Saran, is just as dangerous when placed over foods to be cooked in the microwave. As the food is nuked, the high heat causes poisonous toxins to actually melt out of the plastic wrap and drip into the food. Cover food with a paper towel instead.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:30 PM   #303

S/C/G: 222/208/160

Default How much water do you drink ....

my paperwork says 64 ounces or almost 2 litres.

but my coach wants me drink 5 litres a day (170 ounces)

seriously, doesn't that much water just mean I'm just filling up with water, to trick my body into thinking its full.

I have a 40oz Kleen Kanteen water bottle, and I'm having trouble drinking 4 of these.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:35 PM   #304

Height: 5'8"

carla
i know what you mean about the humiliation of posting pre-ip pics. a couple of friends on facebook asked for me to post them and i couldn't do the befores..i did post this week's pics but i can't muster up the courage to post my body before. you are doing a fantastic job and are SO inspiring. i can't believe the changes in just 9 weeks!

ACK, just posted my tummy right now after 3 weeks and 4.5 gone from the waist and 4 from the hips. i'll let everyone *imagine* the before

jordanna
just voted for you! looks like you're winning so far! hope you get it, you deserve it

canadianmama
i have heard anywhere from 64 oz to -divide you body weight in half and that number of oz to drink-to be sufficient. 170 oz seems too much. you actually CAN drink too much water...

Started IP: April 22 @ 193, got to 163 on July 31st

Started again Nov 1st at 175, going for 30 more

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-13-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:36 PM   #305
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMama View Post

seriously, doesn't that much water just mean I'm just filling up with water, to trick my body into thinking its full.

I have a 40oz Kleen Kanteen water bottle, and I'm having trouble drinking 4 of these.
There is absolutely no way I could ever drink 5 liters a day. I would internally drown. I shoot for the 64 oz everyday. That is about 60 more oz than I did before this diet. I use to only drink Diet Pepsi Now I allow myself 1 a day if that.

"Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"
Old 05-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #306
Nichole

Default First week weigh in

Hey y'all, just got back from my first official weigh in. I started the plan on Saturday. Today was the only day my coach could take appointments. So far I'm down 13 lbs and 10 inches. So excited! Thank you God and Ideal Protein!!
Old 05-13-2010, 01:57 PM   #307
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateusernames View Post
Novak and Jordanna,
Thanks for the info on the premixed shakes. Unfortunately, the Dr. Bernsteins is $32 to ship to MT! ( I hate living in the middle of nowhere.) The New Lifestyles website didn't offer the shakes, maybe they are discontinuing????? Anyone have any insight?????
New Lifestyle has had problems getting their orders filled from the supplier.... don't know if/when this will be resolved.

"Do or do not... there is no try."
Old 05-13-2010, 02:02 PM   #308

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianMama View Post

too much, you might actually be getting rid of all the electorlytes by doing this. Remember that girl who passed away sometime ago because she entered a water drinking contest?

Old 05-13-2010, 02:04 PM   #309

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dalai Mama View Post

AFTER YEARS OF TELLING PEOPLE CHEMOTHERAPY IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRY ('TRY', BEING THE KEY WORD) TO ELIMINATE CANCER, JOHNS HOPKINS IS FINALLY STARTING TO TELL YOU THERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE WAY ..

Cancer Update from Johns Hopkins: .......
Hi, DM, I checked this out on Snopes awhile back as I had received it in an email, and it is an urban legend. It is false. Johns Hopkins has denied any connection with it and has, in fact, rebutted it. Check out the following: http://www.snopes.com/medical/disease/cancerupdate.asp

Last edited by BevS; 05-13-2010 at 02:04 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:09 PM   #310

S/C/G: 204/170/130

Height: 5'7"

both of my DC's and all of my school textbooks (I am going to school for my ND) say you should drink 1 quart of water for every 50 lbs of body weight. That is what I drink but I will add another 16 oz if I workout. HTH
Old 05-13-2010, 02:09 PM   #311

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitenic View Post
Hey y'all, just got back from my first official weigh in. I started the plan on Saturday. Today was the only day my coach could take appointments. So far I'm down 13 lbs and 10 inches. So excited! Thank you God and Ideal Protein!!
Woo-hoo, nitenic! Wonderful first week's loss! Keep up the good work!

Old 05-13-2010, 02:13 PM   #312

S/C/G: 222/208/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural girl View Post
both of my DC's and all of my school textbooks (I am going to school for my ND) say you should drink 1 quart of water for every 50 lbs of body weight. That is what I drink but I will add another 16 oz if I workout. HTH
That would be 4 quarts for me, which is 3 3/4 Litres.

Still more than I can do now, but better than 5L
Old 05-13-2010, 02:15 PM   #313

Height: 5'8"

congrats on the awesome loss nitenic!!

Started IP: April 22 @ 193, got to 163 on July 31st

Started again Nov 1st at 175, going for 30 more

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.
John Wayne
Old 05-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Is anyone else finding stretch marks on their thighs/hips/tummy/breasts? I want to get rid of them. Any ideas?
Check out my website. This masque is good for stretch marks too. Let me know if you would like a sample.

http://www.mynucerity.com/bluemermaid

Old 05-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #315

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dalai Mama View Post

Some of those items looked a bit suspicious to me. Hence, I looked it up. Fact is, this article is not from John Hopkins. It was spread as a viral e-mail with a claim that it is from John Hopkins. However, that claim is false. The e-mail is a hoax.

Here is the actual rebuttal from the John Hopkins website:
Email Hoax Regarding Cancer
Updated April 2009
Mythbusting at the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center

STATEMENT: EMAIL HOAX REGARDING CANCER
Information falsely attributed to Johns Hopkins called, "CANCER UPDATE FROM JOHN HOPKINS" describes properties of cancer cells and suggests ways of preventing cancer. Johns Hopkins did not publish the information, which often is an email attachment, nor do we endorse its contents. The email also contains an incorrect spelling of our institution as "John" Hopkins; whereas, the correct spelling is "Johns" Hopkins. For more information about cancer, please read the information on our web site or visit the National Cancer Institute's web site at www.cancer.gov. Please help combat the spread of this hoax by letting others know of this statement.

Another hoax email that has been circulating since 2004 regarding plastic containers, bottles, wrap claiming that heat releases dioxins which cause cancer also was not published by Johns Hopkins. More information from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

The Truth about the “Cancer Update” Email
It has become such a problem, that the National Cancer Institute, American Cancer Society, and individual cancer centers like the Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center have posted warnings on their Web sites. Emails offering easy remedies for avoiding and curing cancer are the latest Web-influenced trend. To gain credibility, the anonymous authors falsely attribute their work to respected research institutions like Johns Hopkins. This is the case with the so-called “Cancer Update from Johns Hopkins.”

The gist of this viral email is that cancer therapies of surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy do not work against the disease and people should instead choose a variety of dietary strategies.

Traditional therapies, such as surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy, work. The evidence is the millions of cancer survivors in the United States today who are alive because of these therapies. We recognize that treatments don’t work in every patient, or sometimes work for awhile and then stop working, and there are some cancers that are more difficult to cure than others. These problems are the focus of ongoing cancer research.
The John Hopkins website then goes through each statement of the hoax e-mail and provides responses from actual John Hopkins Cancer Center experts. Those interested can find it HERE.

Closed Thread