Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2010, 10:58 AM   #286  

Height: 5'8"

having a bit of a rough morning, feeling really down on myself. i know i'm losing inches and lbs but i see pictures of women my age in bikinis with big perky chests and i look down and see my mushy mommy belly and my sagging chest(breast-fed 2 babies) and wonder if i'm ever going to like what i see. *sigh* sorry, just feeling sorry for myself and need to vent..

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-13-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:03 AM   #287  

S/C/G: 191/IP185/185/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaerinb View Post
carla
what is wrong with citric acid and maltitol? isn't citric acid like lemon juice(a freebie type food) and don't most of the IP foods include maltitol and citric acid?
thanks for always giving such great input
i will have to try the seasoned baked pickled green beans, sound awesome!
mamaerinb - Love your new picture! You look beautiful and skinny! I just wanted to let you know that my coach says that lemon juice is not a freebie since it does have carbs (I was surprised to find out how many carbs). I count it in my fit day calculations when I use it for salad dressing.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #288  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frannie57 View Post
I have 5 patches of Rhubarb. It is a staple in my house through the summer till next year! Yummola is right!!!

Any one want to come and get some????
If only one could cross the border with vegetables
Old 05-13-2010, 11:07 AM   #289  

mamaerinb - you are so beautiful and don't let any image tell you otherwise! I was fretting about my stretchmarks the other day too (the one I got from becoming fat not from having a baby unfortunately). You gave birth to and nursed two babies! You have already done some amazing things in your life - you should be proud of yourself! Know that you are loved and you will get that body back that you want!
Old 05-13-2010, 11:09 AM   #290  

Is anyone else finding stretch marks on their thighs/hips/tummy/breasts? I want to get rid of them. Any ideas?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:14 AM   #291  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
Is anyone else finding stretch marks on their thighs/hips/tummy/breasts? I want to get rid of them. Any ideas?
i too have been finding them on the insides of my legs. when i was pregnant i used some arbonne cream with blue copper that i was told helped to prevent and heal marks, it seemed to work as i didn't get the stretch marks on my tummy or my breasts. i think i will try it on these i'm getting and let you know. i also hear that strivectin(sp?) works wonders.

thank you for your kind words, we do we as women have to be so hard on ourselves?

pita i just LOLd, you and your rhubarb!

Last edited by mamaerinb; 05-13-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:36 AM   #292  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
carla
what is wrong with citric acid and maltitol? isn't citric acid like lemon juice(a freebie type food) and don't most of the IP foods include maltitol and citric acid?
thanks for always giving such great input
i will have to try the seasoned baked pickled green beans, sound awesome!

Erin, I love your new picture!! You're adorable
Old 05-13-2010, 11:40 AM   #293  

S/C/G: 222/208/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibdadozer View Post
Struggling today.... I am hungry and don't feel like I've lost any weight this week.
I am starving, and I know its not just in my head as my stomach is grumbling. I've drank 5 cups of water already today and its only 11:00.

Not sure what to do, I'm on day 4 so I was hoping this would be gone by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yelliemom View Post
I know what you mean about wanting to tell everyone you come in contact with (even complete strangers) how wonderful IP is. IP is very new in my area so I wish there was something I could do to get the word out to everyone without seeming like an obnoxious freak. LOL!

As far as exercise goes, I haven't really been doing anything consistently but I'm going to dig out my Pilates DVDs today and start doing those again.
I dug my Buns/Thighs out last night and tried to find my stomach one too but no luck yet.

I was also thinking of doing the P90X ab workout, but not sure if that is just too many calories to burn as that workout is a killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJumbie View Post
I wish that the one thing I could have all I want of wasn't lettuce. Maybe nuts or cheese or something a bit more filling! Day three, still on plan.
Not sure if I'm creating trouble for myself but I've been munching on celery. Its seem more filling than lettuce, although I'm still hungry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dalai Mama View Post
Reading through this thread is better than seeing a shrink! Thank you one and all for holding my hand as I walk through this journey.

I find it interesting that IP coaches have different do's and dont's. I was told NOT to use Splenda. Use those new sweetners such as stivia. No turnips allowed. Recommended staying on Phase I until I'm 90% to my goal weight.

Thank goodness I can come here.
I had to go and pick up my peanut butter bars this morning, and I asked about Splenda or a sweetner in my coffee. Coach said no way.

the most he said you can do is have 1oz of milk in your coffee but no sweetner of any kind.

So weird how they all have different rules. I didn't ask if this will change after week one.

Giving up real food (ok the good food that I love) , coffee, and diet pop in the same week is giving me such headaches.

Day 4 and I still have a headache, tylenol keeps it so I know its there but not making me want to lay down and die like yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimpchamp View Post
I, too, am surprised that celery isn't an eat-all-you-want item b/c lettuces have carbs. Are most of you eating Romaine lettuce or Romaine hearts, red leaf lettuce, green leaf lettuce, Boston Bibb lettuce, or what? All the goodies in the Spring Mixes seem to be similar in carbs to lettuces so couldn't we just eat the Spring mix?
My coach said romaine lettuce only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natural girl View Post
Day two and I am STARVING! I want to eat everything in sight. Not sure if it has something to do with my workout this morning or not? Yesterday and today I have had really loose bowels which I thought most got constipated?

I am anxious to learn everyone's user id and stories you all are such a great bunch! Congrats to everyone on their success!
My coach gave me novalax for the constipation, but so far I'm like you and haven't needed to take it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenJumbie View Post
I've decided the worst thing about IP is that I spend too much time taking bathroom breaks! Is like every 1.5 hours. I know the water is good for you, but it really distracting in my day.
Day 4 and I've already seen a difference. 5 cups of water and I've only had to pee once. Day 1 I felt like I might as well not leave the bathroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frannie57 View Post
I have 5 patches of Rhubarb. It is a staple in my house through the summer till next year! Yummola is right!!!

Any one want to come and get some????
Sounds good, I am going to have to plant some this summer too. I'm north of toronto maybe I should come and get some of yours.

when is it ready to pick, is it too late/ early to plant it

Quote:
having a bit of a rough morning, feeling really down on myself. i know i'm losing inches and lbs but i see pictures of women my age in bikinis with big perky chests and i look down and see my mushy mommy belly and my sagging chest(breast-fed 2 babies) and wonder if i'm ever going to like what i see. *sigh* sorry, just feeling sorry for myself and need to vent..
Ah honey, so what if you have saggy breasts, you made and fed two babies. That is the most amazing accomplishment you could have.

You are an amazing women, mother and friend to those around you.

We can see you are beautiful you just have to realize it yourself.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:00 PM   #294  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateusernames View Post
Novak and Jordanna,
Thanks for the info on the premixed shakes. Unfortunately, the Dr. Bernsteins is $32 to ship to MT! ( I hate living in the middle of nowhere.) The New Lifestyles website didn't offer the shakes, maybe they are discontinuing????? Anyone have any insight?????
Is there a Dr. B clinic anywhere near you at all? I just go in to the office and pick them up. At $12 per case of 6 it's soooo cheap, worth traveling a bit for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Jordanna: Thank you SO MUCH! My prize arrived today, I love love love all of it! I wish we lived closer, you seem like the kind of person I would love to hang out with. Guess we'll have to do it via cyberspace. Thanks again -- I have a huge smile on my face!
Hooray, I'm so glad it arrived!! That's funny how you mentioned it and it came! I'm happy you like everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckanable View Post
The tummy mummy of my little guy swore by Bio-Oil.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:08 PM   #295  

woo-hoo carla!!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the new pic!
Old 05-13-2010, 12:16 PM   #296  
Start 2014

S/C/G: 206/170/160

Height: 5'5"

Okay, so I posted my before pix on my profile. Click on my picture and you'll see what I looked like 9 short weeks ago. I'll try and get a full body shot up soon of how I look now. It's pretty humbling to show those pictures. I'm never going back.

BTW, I did have a vest on that day to hide all the gross fat, but they made me take it off
Old 05-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #297  

wow Carla - you look amazing, you've come so far!! It's so great to see before and after pictures, it really makes you see the amazing changes!
Old 05-13-2010, 12:38 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 245/220/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlasherea View Post
Okay, so I posted my before pix on my profile. Click on my picture and you'll see what I looked like 9 short weeks ago. I'll try and get a full body shot up soon of how I look now. It's pretty humbling to show those pictures. I'm never going back.

BTW, I did have a vest on that day to hide all the gross fat, but they made me take it off

What a difference in 9 weeks! You're great modivation for me in day 4.

First WI tomorrow on day 5.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:44 PM   #299  

Hey all, you know how I'm in that X-Weighted National Challenge, well they are having a contest right now to win some make up. They asked us in 6 words or less why do you deserve the makeup. My answer was:

Losing weight,
Finding self-esteem,
Help required.

My answer was picked as one of the top six! If you go to facebook's X-Weighted page you can vote for my answer to win! I'd appreciate it!

Click on the link here, it should take you right to the page! X-Weighted

Last edited by jordanna; 05-13-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:58 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 142/140/127

Height: 5'2"

I know I said a while back that I wont whine BUT mornings are begining to be tough too. I just can't sleep, I pushed myself last night and finally went to sleep around midnight, and was up around 5:30 and could not go back to sleep. The result: tired and headachey already and its only 10 am. Had 2 cups of coffee, about 30 oz of water and a small cucumber to fix things but not happening.

on a good note: after fixing my tummy problems last night, the scale actually read 142.2 this morning but yet again am sure that will change by evening time.
Closed Thread