Old 04-22-2010, 10:33 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 172/168/145

Height: 5'5"

I am new to IP. Tomorrow will be a week. It is a very easy diet to stay on, but then it has only been a week. I am never hungry. I have a question concerning the lettuce. I have been eating the soup with 2 cups of vegetables at lunch and at dinner the correct portion of meat/fish and the 2 cups of vegetables and I am full, so I don't eat the lettuce. Will this affect me losing weight.
Thanks,
jenbilmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:38 AM   #107  
mepeterson

S/C/G: 212/171/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbilmax View Post
I am new to IP. Tomorrow will be a week. It is a very easy diet to stay on, but then it has only been a week. I am never hungry. I have a question concerning the lettuce. I have been eating the soup with 2 cups of vegetables at lunch and at dinner the correct portion of meat/fish and the 2 cups of vegetables and I am full, so I don't eat the lettuce. Will this affect me losing weight.
Thanks,
There are many differient answers to this question. I never ate the lettuce. My coach said if I was hungry I could. did not seem to affect my loss any. Some coaches require you to eat it.
mepeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 176/145/130

Height: 5'4"

Just thought I'd let people know... Lindora is having 30% off all bars for the next 4 days...

-Teresa
Teresad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:15 PM   #109  
back at it

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresad View Post
Just thought I'd let people know... Lindora is having 30% off all bars for the next 4 days...

-Teresa
Teresa,
what a beautiful picture! Welcome to the alternative thread! (Or have you been here before? and just put up a new avatar)

toomanycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 09:19 PM   #110  

Quote:
Thanks,
I have lettuce once in a while but not very often and it doesn't seem to be slowing down my weight loss too much...
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:57 PM   #111  

Quote:
Thanks,
Welcome to the land of weight loss with IP! I have lettuce every day, but that is because I have a salad almost every day for lunch which consists of 2 cups baby spinach, the rest lettuce and a splash of onion. When you get to level 2, you can add your protein to the salad, like chicken etc., or have the salad as your dinner with protein once in a while to change things a bit. You will find what works for you......good luck
spatime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:53 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 210/210/180

I am new to the IP plan. My sister has been on it and lost 30#s so I decided to try it. There is not a center that sells the stuff near me so I decided to just get the protein and bars at WM and try it myself. I have called and talked to the IP folks and I can order on the net. I am planning to order a few things and did not know which would be best. I noticed several people are ordering from Lindora and I checked their site and their stuff is way cheaper. Is there a requirement as to what the protein should be or have. The one I have is almost the same as the IP products.
I assume that by alternate you mean you are not using all IP products. Am I correct? I have been on it strictly for 3 days with a total loss of 4#s. I am super excited and was so glad to find this thread. The IP forum is awful
thanks for any help.
wuc
wuc1013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:44 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 261.8/201.6/185

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuc1013 View Post
I am new to the IP plan. My sister has been on it and lost 30#s so I decided to try it. There is not a center that sells the stuff near me so I decided to just get the protein and bars at WM and try it myself. I have called and talked to the IP folks and I can order on the net. I am planning to order a few things and did not know which would be best. I noticed several people are ordering from Lindora and I checked their site and their stuff is way cheaper. Is there a requirement as to what the protein should be or have. The one I have is almost the same as the IP products.
I assume that by alternate you mean you are not using all IP products. Am I correct? I have been on it strictly for 3 days with a total loss of 4#s. I am super excited and was so glad to find this thread. The IP forum is awful
thanks for any help.
wuc
I have not ordered from Lindora myself, for my shakes I go to Sam's and get a 24 pack of premade EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control Chocolate Fudge Shakes and they work wonderful. I loose slower than some others here but I don't beleive it is because of that. Many people use them. They are about 28-30 dollars with taxes. Good luck, this is awesome!!
motiv8edmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:29 AM   #114  
Started IP 5/4/10

S/C/G: 170/161.4/145

EmmasMommy- Can you tell me what products you get from EAS and Lindora? I am looking at these options for my husband due to the cost of IP. I was curious as to which products you get from each site...Thanks in advance
queenbee15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:21 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuc1013 View Post
thanks for any help.
wuc
I have been on IP since Jan. 18, and have lost about 55 pounds. I have been using Lindora for the last 6 weeks--I started out trying just a few and when I got the order and the hot chocolate and the bbq soy nuts were exactly the same as what I was getting from the IP clinic I have switched over completely. The soy nuts were really an eye opener--I was paying $20 for a box from IP and on sale I got the same box same wrapper for $5. Everything else has been about half price. You do need to watch and make sure you are reading labels--because I am not advocating it is all good---I do not order anything with aspartame in it--and I really watch the carb and sugar count. I have had to go this route because I could not afford to be on IP much longer other wise. I do continue to take IP vitamins, cal mag, and potasium. Hope that helps.
beyourbestinidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:29 AM   #116  

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyourbestinidaho View Post
I have been on IP since Jan. 18, and have lost about 55 pounds. I have been using Lindora for the last 6 weeks--I started out trying just a few and when I got the order and the hot chocolate and the bbq soy nuts were exactly the same as what I was getting from the IP clinic I have switched over completely. The soy nuts were really an eye opener--I was paying $20 for a box from IP and on sale I got the same box same wrapper for $5. Everything else has been about half price. You do need to watch and make sure you are reading labels--because I am not advocating it is all good---I do not order anything with aspartame in it--and I really watch the carb and sugar count. I have had to go this route because I could not afford to be on IP much longer other wise. I do continue to take IP vitamins, cal mag, and potasium. Hope that helps.
Hi there -

have you seen the same results being on Lindora? I'm doing a mix of both IP and Lindora (ones that seem to be exactly the same as IP like the drink boxes)...

-Teresa
Old 04-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #117  

Also - Lindora is having a 30% off sale on their drinks, puddings and shakes - expires 4/28...

-Teresa
Old 04-26-2010, 11:45 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 275/197/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresad View Post
Hi there -

have you seen the same results being on Lindora? I'm doing a mix of both IP and Lindora (ones that seem to be exactly the same as IP like the drink boxes)...

-Teresa
Yes, I think I have---the wieght loss slowed from the beginning but it had already done that while I was still using the IP. I guess I should rephrase that too--I still have some IP as I was still weighing in but switching over I kept buying the few things that I could not replace with Lindora like the banana strawberry jello, and the maple oatmeal. Since I started IP I have never done most of the shakes and drinks that everybody else does. My typical day from the beginning has been hot chocolate, soup and vegetables for lunch, meat or fish and vegetables for dinner and then usually a pak of jello or the cheesecake or custard w/toffee chips from Lindora. Somtimes I have the oatmeal for lunch instead of soup. I have done the bars also--I am in a couple of local weight loss challenges and so I work out quite a bit and --I have a bar on my way to work out and then I eat dinner pretty much right after so that I am not harming myself from to much with too little.

Last edited by beyourbestinidaho; 04-26-2010 at 11:47 AM.
beyourbestinidaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #119  
Taking my life back...

S/C/G: 269/IP-13th-244/180

Height: 5' 5"

Default Are all Lindora drinks similiar?

Thanks for the tips on the Lindora? Are all the drinks and pudding mixes similiar enough to the IP ones?

Thanks,

Pam
stayingalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:48 PM   #120  
NewYearNewMe

S/C/G: 200/180/155

Height: 5"5

Has anyone found an alternative place to order puddings from? I ordered the soy puffs and caramel bars off of Lindora. I also was wondering about supplements and if anyone ordered them online. I bought the potassium from Lindora and the multi-vitamin (no iron) and liquid cal-mag from ourhealthcoop.com. If anyone is using these how many do you take a day?
kate87 is offline   Reply With Quote