Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 12:31 PM   #421  

S/C/G: 191.4/160.6/135

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
It's definitely going to be a challenge! I'm making the deviled eggs, so I'm going to save out a couple from the batch and make mine with Walden Farms honey dijon dressing. I'm also taking a Texas sheet cake so I've been experimenting at making a low-carb, single serving, 1 1/2 net carb one for myself with mixed results. Needs a bit of vanilla and maybe some coconut oil (count it as part of my daily 1-2 tsp.) Yesterday I filled 240 plastic eggs with chocolates and other candy for the kids' Easter egg hunt. I broke down and stuck a piece of chocolate in my mouth, chewed it up, and spit it in the toilet. I know we can all do this!
BevS. . . incredible will power with so much chocolate and then even spitting the one piece out. Have you posted the low carb cake you mentioned. I would be very interested in that.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:44 PM   #422  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

official weigh in today, down four more pounds, woohoo, this means I'm 2.5 pounds from my official goal, but as I look exactly as I want and my boyfriend says I shouldn't lose anymore, switched to phase 3 this morning, I'm still going to be lurking on here because there are awesome recipe ideas and great advice, and motivation to make sure I don't cheat even on phase 3, but don't worry, I won't talk about the breakfast stuff unless asked, dinner and lunch are still proteins and veggies, looking forward to a grilled steak and asparagus dinner tonight, BF is celebrating by grilling for me. Maybe I'll mash some cauliflower too so it's like mashed potatoes, which is what we usually have with our steak.
The avatar pic was taken yesterday!!

Last edited by babs181; 04-02-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #423  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
wonders what everyone does for a living?

I'm a photographer...
I am a Child and Youth Worker and a Social Worker. I work in a child welfare agency as a Child Protection Case Manager. Stressful as all get out - but I love it!
Old 04-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #424  

S/C/G: 184/132/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsiemom View Post
BevS. . . incredible will power with so much chocolate and then even spitting the one piece out. Have you posted the low carb cake you mentioned. I would be very interested in that.
I'm not going to post it until I think it tastes OK. The chocolate cake I get from Lindora is excellent, but it is 6 net carbs, plus I'm out of luck if I'm craving some and don't have any around the house. I have been making my own pancakes for some time that have 1 1/2 net carbs and 19 g. protein, and I like them just fine.

I just saw your photo. You're looking wonderful, babs!

Last edited by BevS; 04-02-2010 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #425  

S/C/G: h254/IP248/186/130 or size 4

Height: 5'5" size 12 mostly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
WELCOME BACK CARLA! I missed seeing your posts.
Thank you!! I have missed you guys! I was so frustrated with my computer issues, and so busy with family and then illness. I never seemed to have time when I was at the office computer to respond to the posts.

I am so glad to be back and to see how well everyone has been doing!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:04 PM   #426  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevS View Post
I've wondered the same thing. I found the following quote at Holisticonline.com:

"The lack of calcium and magnesium can cause leg cramps during the night. Calcium and magnesium produce calming effects on the brain. They are essential for normal sleep. Calcium and magnesium taken 45 minutes before bedtime have a tranquilizing effect. Use a 2:1 ratio, such as 500 mg of calcium and 250 mg of magnesium in tablet or capsule form."
Spot on, Bev! Excellent explanation.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:07 PM   #427  
getting back on track

S/C/G: 187/172/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by babs181 View Post
official weigh in today, down four more pounds, woohoo, this means I'm 2.5 pounds from my official goal, but as I look exactly as I want and my boyfriend says I shouldn't lose anymore, switched to phase 3 this morning, I'm still going to be lurking on here because there are awesome recipe ideas and great advice, and motivation to make sure I don't cheat even on phase 3, but don't worry, I won't talk about the breakfast stuff unless asked, dinner and lunch are still proteins and veggies, looking forward to a grilled steak and asparagus dinner tonight, BF is celebrating by grilling for me. Maybe I'll mash some cauliflower too so it's like mashed potatoes, which is what we usually have with our steak.
GO BABS!!!! You look GREAT!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:09 PM   #428  
getting back on track

Quote:
BTW, when did you start your program?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:13 PM   #429  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMermaid View Post
Tricia, I too like ketchup but do not like WF stuff. Heinz makes a low sugar ketchup that is only 1 carb per tablespoon. It is sweetened with splenda and honestly I cannot tell the difference between it and normal ketchup. It is sold with regular heinz in our grocery store.
Another brand I found is by Nature's Hallow. It has zero sugars or other stuff. 2 effective carbs from the real tomatoes. It is made is xylitol as a sweetner and tastes great. I wouldn't use too much as 1 ounce of real chopped tomatoes is only 1 gram of carbs but all from sugar.

I have found several condiments that will work and taste good. Some are for phase 1. Some would be better than a cheat but really are for phase 2, 3 or 4. I will post them later today.

Carla
Old 04-02-2010, 01:20 PM   #430  

Quote:

Great Job Babs! You look terrific! Good luck moving on to phase 3!
Old 04-02-2010, 01:25 PM   #431  

For all you peanut butter lovers, here is something a friend of mine uses. It is not particularly phase 1 friendly in my opinion. but is better than a real p.b. cheat. She says it tastes good. I haven't tried it because, honestly, not a p.b. lover! Fresh peanut, yes!

It is called PB2. It is a powdered, low fat peanut butter powder that can be mixed to reconstitute or added to a protein drink. It is much lower in fat than regular PB. IT STILL HAS SOME SUGARS.

http://www.bellplantation.com/products

Nutritional info:

Real Peanut butter 1 tbsp: VS PB2 1 tbsp:

94 calories vs 27 calories
8g fat vs 1.0g fat
3g carb vs 1.7g carbs
1.5g sugar vs .7g sugar
1g fiber vs .25g fiber
4g protein vs 3g protein

Last edited by showgirlaz; 04-02-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:33 PM   #432  
getting back on track

Here we go.... I was SO hoping for more of a loss...oh well...only on day 15 so I hope it picks up!
Ok, my scale is also messing with me and I can get 3 different reads (between 178 and 176.8) SO... I'm taking the lowest! :P

Weight: 176.8
Chest Size: 38
Waist Size: 32
Hip Size: 44.5
Arm Size: 12
Thigh Size: 26
Neck Size: 13
Percent Fat: 30.3
Percent H2O: 50.9
Pounds Lost in a week: 2.8
Old 04-02-2010, 01:43 PM   #433  

Carla- Thanks for the comprehensive explanation for the onion issue. Makes sense.

BlueMermaid - I had wondered about the times we are supposed to take the supplements too. Your explanation also makes sense.

Babs- I think you really look great. It will be good to have more people moving into the other phases to let us know what it works like.

DeineKatze- That's a loss right in the range they say we should be. You are doing great!

All the pictures are so nice and everyone is so good looking. It will only get better as we lose.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:47 PM   #434  
getting back on track

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinyang View Post

DeineKatze- That's a loss right in the range they say we should be. You are doing great!
Thank you

I just worry cause usually you have the big loss at the beginning so... Ugh I need it to hurry up! LOL yes, I'm quite impatient ;-)
Old 04-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #435  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkbait View Post
I live in the US, I just happened to be visiting Canada and loaded up on it. I LOVE the orange juice. I am not sure about the strawberry pudding though... I mixed it and am going to eat all of it in the morning after some refridgeration
I haven't had the strawberry pudding as pudding but I have had it as a shake with a splash of vanilla diVinci syrup and I thought it was DELICIOUS!! The orange drink is so good mixed with vanilla pudding and made in to a drink - that's what I'm having for lunch!! Its nice to have some new flavors in my life as I mostly just have the vanilla pudding as a drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deinekatze View Post
Here we go.... I was SO hoping for more of a loss...oh well...only on day 15 so I hope it picks up!
Ok, my scale is also messing with me and I can get 3 different reads (between 178 and 176.8) SO... I'm taking the lowest! :P

Weight: 176.8
Chest Size: 38
Waist Size: 32
Hip Size: 44.5
Arm Size: 12
Thigh Size: 26
Neck Size: 13
Percent Fat: 30.3
Percent H2O: 50.9
Pounds Lost in a week: 2.8
Congrats on the loss deine!!!
Closed Thread