3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/196008-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-2-a.html)

mompattie 12-05-2010 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryKate89 (Post 3594923)
Ok ladies I need help!! Im craving soup!! but i can not stomach the ideal protien soups at all eck!! I really want to just make a big pot of homemade something to have all week! lol veggie soup? french onion soup with no bread or cheese? Anyone have an IP friendly recipes they want to share with me im so not creative when it comes to food lol

I'm making an IP friendly Wor Wonton Soup for supper....here's what I have simmering on the stove....

Warm up 1 tsp. sesame oil

Add thinly sliced lean pork and chicken breast tenders (I bought these ready to go in the butchery aisle of my grocery store).

Once there were cooked thoroughly, I added low-salt chicken broth (1 carton), and about 4-5 cups of water. I sliced up a "chunk" of fresh ginger and added it to the soup. This is simmering on the stove right now.

Closer to eating time, I will add:
sliced broccoli, snow peas, shrimp (peeled and de-veined), whatever other veggies tickles my fancy, as well as some green onions just prior to serving. I will also add some won tons wrappers (couldn't find the filled won-tons in my grocery store, but they sell the plain wrappers), for the rest of the family. I can pick the won tons out of my soup.

That's what is for supper tonight in our house!
*** edited to add: I forgot to mention that I add Bok Choy and mushrooms!!

sydneydaffodil 12-05-2010 08:42 PM

I found a low carb turkey soup recipe that is great and filling. Here is a link to the site I got it from http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art715.asp
I froze it single servings and brought it to work. Sometimes I pour it over lettuce in a bowl and then heat it up. I get all my veggies in and the lettuce makes it feel like a goulash. I have also found alot of good tips on a website called Kitchen Parade.

cmsgrrl 12-05-2010 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sydneydaffodil (Post 3596047)
I found a low carb turkey soup recipe that is great and filling. Here is a link to the site I got it from http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art715.asp
I froze it single servings and brought it to work. Sometimes I pour it over lettuce in a bowl and then heat it up. I get all my veggies in and the lettuce makes it feel like a goulash. I have also found alot of good tips on a website called Kitchen Parade.

Wow thank you! Soup is what I need with it getting so cold, brrrrr.

Mrs Diettrich 12-05-2010 09:08 PM

Crockpot Chicken

Had this for lunch today at a friend's - it was amazing and totally suited for phase 1!

Crockpot Chicken

4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. thyme
1 tsp. white pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 roasting chicken
1 c. chopped onions (optional)

In a small bowl combine the spices. Remove any giblets from chicken and clean chicken (rinse in cold water). Rub spice mixture onto chicken. Place in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate overnight (you can skip this step if in a hurry). When ready to cook, put chopped onion in bottom of crock pot. Add chicken. No additional liquid is necessary - chicken will make its own juices. Cook on low 5-6 hours or on high for 3-4 hrs or until chicken is done.

amylew 12-06-2010 06:40 AM

I've made that chicken before, and it is delicious!

Aunt Sheshie 12-08-2010 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs Diettrich (Post 3594243)
*** edited to add... Splenda has less than 1 gram of carbs per tsp, but that means that it still has carbs in it, especially when you are making a recipe that calls for 2 cups (96 tsps). I don't know how Stevia would exchange for this because I've never cooked with it, but it might be worth checking out. I just wanted to add this note so that people didn't think that I was trying to steer you wrong!

From http://www.cookingwithstevia.com/ste...on_chart.html:

Quote:

Packet to Packet Conversions
In general terms, most packet sweeteners are equal to each other or to two teaspoons of sugar. Check on the box to verify.
There's a chart on the website to help with the bulk conversions...

hugs :hug:

livelaughlove1981 12-09-2010 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doxigirl (Post 3556169)
I decided the cold weather required a warm treat!

I took one packet of chocolate pro pudding (Vitamin Shoppe) and added to 10 ounces of hot water that I warmed first in the microwave. I added a very small amount of almond extract. Although it was difficult to get it all mixed, it was VERY good. Nice to know I can have a cup of hot chocolate before bed on these cold winter nights.

Next time I might actually mix it first with my shaker cup and then try to heat to a nice warm temp on the stove. It would take longer, but it might be worth it.

Any other winter treat ideas out there?

The Blueberry Pom drink can be warmed and then add apple pie spice and splenda and it makes a very nice mock apple cider! Also you can take the powdered chocolate drink and mix it up and then either microwave it or put in hot water and it makes a super yummy hot chocolate! Those are my winter nighttime snack staples!!

jules26 12-10-2010 06:33 PM

Awesome recipe

I just made this and it came out amazing!!!

Scallops with asparagus and mushrooms!!!

All you need is:

4 Large scallops
1 cup mushrooms
1 cup asparagus
1/2 a pack of sazon goya seasoning
you daily EVOO
sea salt and pepper to taste

sautee veggies in the EVOO and stir in the sazon ( i add a touch of water and it makes a sauce)

when veggies are tender ( or however you like them)
add Scallops and let them simmer in the sauce.

SO GOOD!!!!! It seriously tastes like a dish you would get at a restaurant!!!

mmmmmmmm:carrot::carrot:

kcjohn 12-11-2010 04:38 PM

Jazzed up IP Chilli

Not sure if there is one of these recipes so I thought I'd add what I did with my IP Chilli and it was really filling

In a small pot heat up some fresh garlic (I used canola spray)
3/4 - 1 cup of chopped green bell peppers
1/2 cup of "Eden garden" Black soy beans
1/2 -1 tsp of salt
1 tsp. Chilli seasoning (the plain kind in the seasoning section and not pre-packaged powder kind)
simmer and add 5-6 oz hot water.
add IP Chilli packet when bell peppers are half way cooked. When almost done
add 1/2 cup chopped onions (I only cooked for 1 minute because we're supposed to only eat raw onions but that's tough for me)

eat on it's own or over salad. Don't forgot some chopped up green onions on top. or adding a small amount of tomatoes for a richer flavor

kcjohn 12-11-2010 04:40 PM

Preventions Sassy Water recipe

Having trouble getting down your water. I love making the Prevention waters flat belly diet Sassy Water on the weekends.

Sassy Water
2 liters water (about 8 ½ cups)
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
1 medium cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
12 small spearmint leaves.

Combine all ingredients in a large pitcher and let flavors blend overnight.

gibster 12-12-2010 07:01 PM

Low-Carb Meatloaf Recipe

1 1/4 lbs lean ground beef
1 1/4 lbs ground pork
2 eggs
2 c. finely grated fresh cauliflower
1 small onion, minced
Salt & pepper, to taste

Place cauliflower pieces in a food processor and chop fine, add onion for the last few pulses. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.

Shape into a large loaf in a 13x9 pan, spread any no-sugar topping (ketchup, hoisin sauce, etc). Bake at 350 for approximately 1 hour, 20 min.

beckyinoklahoma 12-14-2010 11:14 AM

Does anyone have any ideas for a work christmas party? We are doing finger foods, I just keep thinking a veggie tray. Any suggestions for the holiday season? Thanks!

jency 12-14-2010 12:53 PM

I made the zucchini chips in my dehydrator with a little olive oil and sea salt. Then I grabbed some guacamole out of my freezer and bought some tortilla chips to go with the guacamole... the zucchini chips were gone within the first 30 minutes! I've also brought a veggie tray with celery, cucumbers, cauliflower, and zucchini along with ranch dip so I knew there would be something I could munch on.

Phatlocalgirlnomore 12-14-2010 01:37 PM

I wanna try those veggie chips..They sound delicious. Do you think I could bake them instead of dehydrating ( I don't have a dehydrator)?

Does anyone have the recipe to make mashed cauliflower? It's here it's kind of like mashed potatoes..

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-bl...0/98/17.4/.png

one for every 5 pounds gone...:carrot::carrot::carrot:

Mrs Diettrich 12-14-2010 09:29 PM

garlic mashed "fauxtatoes" AKA cauliflower

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phatlocalgirlnomore (Post 3607846)
I wanna try those veggie chips..They sound delicious. Do you think I could bake them instead of dehydrating ( I don't have a dehydrator)?

Does anyone have the recipe to make mashed cauliflower? It's here it's kind of like mashed

You can definitely make veggie chips without a dehydrator. You can actually turn your oven into a dehydrator by running it on a low heat (200 ish) for an hour or two. Just keep an eye on it!

Now, mashed cauliflower... I prefer mine with garlic because it helps cover the cauliflower taste more...

Jessica's roasted garlic mashed fauxtatoes

1 16 oz. bag frozen cauliflower florets
5-7 lg. cloves of garlic, peeled & cut in half (the flavor mellows when roasted)
1 Tbs. olive oil
salt & pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350. Fold a piece of foil in thirds. Place garlic and olive oil in foil and fold to form a packet. Place garlic packet in oven and roast for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.

In a saucepan, boil enough water to submerge the cauliflower (about half full or so). Add frozen cauliflower and boil till tender (6-8 minutes). You could also steam the cauliflower to retain more nutrients. Drain cauliflower well and place in a bowl - turn your burner down to medium, but don't turn off. In bowl, add the contents of the garlic packet to the cauliflower. Using an immersion stick blender, puree mixture until smooth. Put the fauxtatoes back in the pot and put back on the heat for about 5 minutes to help the extra moisture to boil off (this is to get it "drier" or more the texture of mashed potatoes). Add salt & pepper to taste and enjoy!

Sometimes when I make this (on the days when I don't have any milk in my coffee), I add some reduced fat feta after I return the mixture to the heat. It makes it creamier and adds a little saltiness from the feta. Feta is NOT part of the program, so this is a personal decision.

When I have these for my vegetable, I only eat 1 cup and count it as my two cups of veggies (because I figure that 2 cups of cauliflower mashed down will equal about 1 cup). Also, the stick blender really is the key to making these "potato-y". It gets them really smooth. You could try them in a regular blender or a food processor, but mashing them by hand just isn't going to get them there.