3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/196008-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-2-a.html)

Linden 11-15-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmsgrrl (Post 3567923)
In my search for IP recipes for Thanksgiving I came across this recipe in the Food Network Magazine.

How would you adapt it? Use a soup packet?

cmsgrrl 11-15-2010 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linden (Post 3569461)
How would you adapt it? Use a soup packet?

The biggest offenders is the butter and milk. I would substitute the milk with unsweetened almond breeze. You use a quart to cook the turnips then drain but reserve I cup to mix it with. The stats for 1 cup: 40 calories, 2 carbs, 4 grams fat, 1 gram fiber, 1 gram protein. Not too bad for an entire side dish IMO. I have not made this dish yet, but when I do I'll figure out how many servings this makes and post the details then!

smcmullen 11-15-2010 05:47 PM

Does anyone have any recipes that use the shiritake noodles? I bought some and i have no idea what to make with them as i didn't like the WF alfredo suace.....

Linden 11-15-2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmsgrrl (Post 3569716)
The biggest offenders is the butter and milk. I would substitute the milk with unsweetened almond breeze. You use a quart to cook the turnips then drain but reserve I cup to mix it with. The stats for 1 cup: 40 calories, 2 carbs, 4 grams fat, 1 gram fiber, 1 gram protein. Not too bad for an entire side dish IMO. I have not made this dish yet, but when I do I'll figure out how many servings this makes and post the details then!

Sounds interesting.

meandmax 11-17-2010 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smcmullen (Post 3569717)
Does anyone have any recipes that use the shiritake noodles? I bought some and i have no idea what to make with them as i didn't like the WF alfredo suace.....

I like using them in stirfries, or sometimes i'll just fry them and add garlic and a bit of soya sauce.

skiingdoc 11-17-2010 11:37 PM

Mmmm. I don't know if this has already been posted but tonight I was longing for a latte having a long night of work ahead of me. I have a fancy espresso machine that steams milk and makes espresso so I steamed a ready serve vanilla and added my espresso shot to that. It was so good. It tasted just like a white chocolate mocha and it frothed nicely too.

Also I just tried the shiritake noodles. Yea! Noodles I can eat. That made my day.

Linden 11-18-2010 05:49 PM

Dr. Well's Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipes

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...?ref=health#-1

You might want to check out roasted Brussels sprouts with (WF) maple syrup, among others.

jency 11-18-2010 07:54 PM

Has anyone tried the shrimp scampi sauce? I don't eat shrimp but my dad loves the stuff! I'm hoping he will start IP soon and if this stuff is decent it might help things along

Gabby Lou 11-18-2010 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jency (Post 3574811)
Has anyone tried the shrimp scampi sauce? I don't eat shrimp but my dad loves the stuff! I'm hoping he will start IP soon and if this stuff is decent it might help things along

The Shrimp Scampi is really good. Worth getting. He will love it.

rubyh 11-24-2010 01:44 PM

I have a recipe for asian tilapia that is wonderful - this is for 4 so adjust accordingly.
4 - 6 oz filets
1 Tablespoon of fresh ginger - grated
1/4 cup of soy sauce
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 bunch scallions ( I'm from Louisiana - we use chopped green onion) your choice
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

preheat oven to 425, place each filet on its own piece of aluminum foil - about 10 x 10. Combine all ingredients except for shallots in small mixing bowl, then spoon evenly on top of each filet. Add scallions then close foil securely. Place in baking dish into oven. Bake 10-12 minutes. It's is yummy!
I eat it at least once a week!

Lesley 12-02-2010 02:27 PM

Southwest Chicken Nuggets

Hey, I tried this the other night and it was soooo good I have to share.

1 package of SW Cheese Curls
1 Pound of chicken chunks
EVOO for frying

Couldnt be easier - crush SWCC & toss chicken in, coat like shake n bake, cook in hot olive oil and dip in WF Ranch (or not!)

SOOO good, and fast!!!

Would also work good on pork chops....yummmm!!!

Mrs Diettrich 12-04-2010 10:34 AM

SF Jello Jigglers

In my house, these are known as Knox blox, but the rest of you might know them more as Jello Jigglers! After seeing a recipe on here for SF jello with kool aid, I knew I had to try to make these...

4 envelopes Knox gelatin
3 envelopes unsweetened koolaid (any flavor - I used black cherry)
2 c. splenda
4 c. boiling water.

Whisk dry ingredients together in a bowl (not plastic - it'll melt when you add the water!). Add boiling water and whisk until all the ingredients are dissolved. Pour into a 13x9 pan and leave in fridge overnight to set up. IN the morning, use a knife to cut the jello into blocks and use a thin spatula to get them out of the pan. Store in a plastic container with foil separating the layers of jello. Keep them in the fridge!

I've loved these since I was a kid - it makes jello that is firm enough to be eaten with your fingers, one square at a time! It would be fun for kids to cut this out with cookie cutters too. I think it fulfills that fruit snack munchie need.

Here's the breakdown - 4 envelopes of knox gelatin has 80 calories, 0 sodium, 0 carbs. 3 envelopes of koolaid has 0 cal, 360 mg sodium, 0 carbs. You should be able to get at least 40 blocks of jigglers out of a 13x9 pan if you just cut it in squares. So, each block is going to roughly have 2 calories, 9mg sodium and ? (see note below) carbs.

*** edited to add... Splenda has less than 1 gram of carbs per tsp, but that means that it still has carbs in it, especially when you are making a recipe that calls for 2 cups (96 tsps). I don't know how Stevia would exchange for this because I've never cooked with it, but it might be worth checking out. I just wanted to add this note so that people didn't think that I was trying to steer you wrong!

Bretley 12-04-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lesley (Post 3591618)
Hey, I tried this the other night and it was soooo good I have to share.

1 package of SW Cheese Curls
1 Pound of chicken chunks
EVOO for frying

Couldnt be easier - crush SWCC & toss chicken in, coat like shake n bake, cook in hot olive oil and dip in WF Ranch (or not!)

SOOO good, and fast!!!

Would also work good on pork chops....yummmm!!!

I just wanted to point out that the phase one sheet says no frying permitted. I made this recipe baked in the oven and it was still pretty delish! I put a cooling sheet on top of a cookie sheet and placed the chicken on top, that way the heat goes all the way around and the bottom doesn't get soggy (Rachael Ray trick).

MaryKate89 12-04-2010 09:24 PM

Ok ladies I need help!! Im craving soup!! but i can not stomach the ideal protien soups at all eck!! I really want to just make a big pot of homemade something to have all week! lol veggie soup? french onion soup with no bread or cheese? Anyone have an IP friendly recipes they want to share with me im so not creative when it comes to food lol

Linden 12-04-2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaryKate89 (Post 3594923)
Ok ladies I need help!! Im craving soup!! but i can not stomach the ideal protien soups at all eck!! I really want to just make a big pot of homemade something to have all week! lol veggie soup? french onion soup with no bread or cheese? Anyone have an IP friendly recipes they want to share with me im so not creative when it comes to food lol

Go to the Recipe sticky, go up to "search this thread" and enter soup. There are a whole bunch of soups, such as escarole, mushroom, cabbage, and chicken and spinach.