3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #2 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/196008-ideal-protein-diet-recipes-2-a.html)

AvaLynn 12-28-2010 01:03 PM

DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite & my hubby enjoys it as well.

Beef Stew
- 10oz steak cut into small cubes
- 1 small turnip cubed
- 2 or 3 stalk of celery diced
- 1 small onion diced
- ˝ or 1 cup of canned diced tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp Parsley
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Sea salt & Pepper
- 1-2 cups of Waters
- 1 tsp Olive oil

In a pot heat olive oil then sauté celery, onion, salt & pepper for about 5 minutes, then add steak cubes and brown. Once meat is browned (not burnt) add diced tomatoes, parsley, thyme, bay leaf and simmer on med-low heat for 10-15 minutes. Then add turnip & 1-2 cups of water, cover the pot and cook until turnip is ready usually 30 minutes depends on personal preference. Once you are done cooking remove the bay leaf & enjoy.

This dish serves 2.

AvaLynn 12-28-2010 01:05 PM

I am a chicken noodle soup lover so I HAD to come up with a IP acceptable recipe and here it is... it is wonderful for cold winter days and it fills you up.

Chicken Noodle Soup
- 5 oz boneless skinless chicken breast small cubes
- ˝ – 1 cup of Fat free natural Chicken Broth (I use western farms brand)
- 1 stalk of celery diced
- 1 tsp sea salt & pepper
- 2 stalks of green onion diced
- ˝ cup of bean sprouts
- ˝ - 1 cup of Shirataki noodles or miracle noodles

In a pot bring 1 ˝ cups of water to boil. Add celery, sea salt & pepper (I also add a dash of pork/chicken rub spice I purchased from Everyday Styles YUM!) cook until celery is almost crisp. While that is boiling take a zip-lock steam bag and place your chicken breast in it then steam it in the microwave for 3 minutes. Once done put on a plate & let cool.

After cooling cube your chicken breast and add to the pot along with the broth, green onion & sprouts and cook for 10 minutes. Then add the noodles (be sure to take a knife and cut the noodles so they are easier to eat) and let simmer for 5 minutes so they will absorb the flavor.

This is one of my favorite recipes and it taste delicious!

rox824 12-29-2010 02:58 PM

I miss chips! So I have been experimenting with lots of baked and dehydrated veggies and today found one I LOVE!
Oven roasted kale:
Cut the thick ribs out of each kale leaf. Wash and dry, thoroughly. Cut into bite-sized pieces. Toss with 1 tsp. olive oil, salt, pepper and Greek seasoning. Spread on rimmed cookie sheet and place in oven at 350 degrees. Bake for 8 minutes, take it out and turn the pieces. Place back in oven for 5-6 minutes, or until edges brown.

Kale is considered a "superfood" as it is full of Protein, Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol), Thiamin, Riboflavin, Folate, Iron and Magnesium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B6, Calcium, Potassium, Copper and Manganese. It also has one of the highest levels of anti-oxidants of any vegetable.
Side note: it does contain goitrogen, which can interfere with the functioning of the thyroid gland. So if you have thyroid problems, you probably want to ask your doctor before eating it.

couts71 12-31-2010 02:39 PM

Fajitas

this is a recipe I make at home for fajitas that I eat on IP.

2 tsp Olive Oil
seasoning (Sea Salt & Pepper)
1/2 cup Onion
1 cup Green Pepper (you can mix in Red, Orange & Yellow Peppers if you so choose but remember we can only use them occasionally)
1/2 cup Cucumber sliced
2 tbsp Salsa (optional)
Ice Burg Lettuce

Chop the Peppers into long, thin strips. Cut the onion lengthways and then into slices so you have semicircular shaped slithers.

Heat the olive oil in a frying pan, and lightly fry the Green Pepper and Onion together with seasoning for around 2 minutes on high heat mixing/tossing continuously. Then take off the grill (you do not want to over cook the onion and cause it to carmelize)

Take a leaf of ice burg lettuce to use as a tortilla, add the green pepper and onion mixture with some cucumber and some salsa then wrap and enjoy.

***You can also add if you wish your 5oz of Beef or Chicken or 7oz of Shrimp***

jyalbani 01-01-2011 03:02 PM

Ok all,
I crave enchilada sauce and found a way to use my cream of chicken soup mix and make homemade enchilada vegetable soup IP friendly. I used my tsp of oil to brown mild red chili powder, garlic powder and cumin to taste. I chopped a few table spoons of white onion and threw them in with about a cup of water and chicken bouillon and brought it to a boil. I had some cauliflower left over that I needed to use so I chopped it up and let it cook in the broth. When the cauliflower was tender approx. 5-7 minutes I removed the mixture from the heat. I put 8 oz of cool water in my shaker with the cream of chicken soup packet and shook it until smooth then added to the enchilada base heated soup until warm being careful not to heat too high as you all know the soup clumps up and looks like yuk! I then chopped up about a cup of fresh spinach and mixed it in right before serving. This was wonderful, spicy and warm on a cold day. Enjoy!

20bydec 01-02-2011 09:31 PM

Question: I try to search for a recipe in this thread by clicking on "search this thread". No matter what recipe I'm looking for, it always comes up with 0. I do this on the recipe thread #1 and it searches and finds, but not on thread #2? Any suggestions?

I'm svelting! 01-02-2011 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 20bydec (Post 3629479)
Question: I try to search for a recipe in this thread by clicking on "search this thread". No matter what recipe I'm looking for, it always comes up with 0. I do this on the recipe thread #1 and it searches and finds, but not on thread #2? Any suggestions?

It's not just you. The VBulletins search is awful on every site where I've tried to use it.

Use Google instead by using the site operator. site:3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/

Here's how it works:
Say you were looking for recipes that have rhubarb in them in the IP recipes threads. In a google search box, enter
- the site operator with the site you want to search
- the terms you want to search on (in this case, "recipes" and "rhubarb")

site:3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/ recipes rhubarb

Click search and, as they say in England, "Bob's your uncle." You'll get a lovely list of links of all posts/threads that have the words "recipes" and "rhubarb". You may need to search in the page (Ctrl+F or Cmd+F) for the words to jump to the post quickly.

PepperGal 01-02-2011 10:41 PM

I am trying to find the chicken and brocolli bake that was mentioned in another thread. Help, please!

dgirl 01-03-2011 07:24 PM

Rubarb/Strawberry Desert;

2 cups of rubarb cook until soft add a touch of WF Strawberry Syrup and a slight dash of WF Maple Syrup it is Delisious!!!

I am on my first day back to Protocol and was having a major sugar attack and this satisfied me completely.....

I hope you enjoy....\

Also, the rubarb counts as 2 cups of veggies. I'm having a hard time getting the veggies in..

20bydec 01-03-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm svelting! (Post 3629581)
It's not just you. The VBulletins search is awful on every site where I've tried to use it.

Use Google instead by using the site operator. site:3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/

Here's how it works:
Say you were looking for recipes that have rhubarb in them in the IP recipes threads. In a google search box, enter

Click search and, as they say in England, "Bob's your uncle." You'll get a lovely list of links of all posts/threads that have the words "recipes" and "rhubarb". You may need to search in the page (Ctrl+F or Cmd+F) for the words to jump to the post quickly.

thanks - that helps a lot!

cmsgrrl 01-03-2011 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'm svelting! (Post 3629581)

Here's how it works:

Wow I just tried that searching for chicken. Thank you!

PepperGal 01-04-2011 10:23 AM

I must be remedial! Even using the great tip for searching, I still can't find the chicken broccoli bake. Help, please!

Linden 01-04-2011 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PepperGal (Post 3632544)
I must be remedial! Even using the great tip for searching, I still can't find the chicken broccoli bake. Help, please!

You could Google chicken broccoli and modify a recipe.

20bydec 01-04-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

make sure you use google

20bydec 01-04-2011 05:14 PM

Quote:

IS THIS IT?

If you like the Pampered Chef Chicken-Broccoli braid...I made something very similar to that and it was good!!

Chicken breasts
Broccoli
garlic
onion
green peppers
Walden Farms Mayo
Sea Salt

I warmed up my chicken, cooked my broccoli and chopped them up with my PC chopper pretty fine. Then I added garlic, onion, peppers and salt. Next I added about 2 Tbsp of Mayo and stirred it up. I didn't wrap it up in the crescent roll like the PC recipe calls for...but I could at least eat the insides of one of my favorite pre-IP meals!
LisaVB is offline Report Post Reply With Quote