Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 03:49 PM   #646  

S/C/G: 237/184/157

Height: 5' 10"

Novak, Wyo Sky, and Lilita, thank you for some superb posts!
Old 02-27-2010, 04:42 PM   #647  
RJC

S/C/G: 250/235/225

Height: 6'0

Well I has a couple slips this week (nothing major but a few carbs) and only worked out once. Lost 0 pounds this week.

Thought it would bother me but it really doesn't. I'm happy with the 8 I've lost in 4 weeks.

On to next week

Last edited by RJC; 02-27-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #648  

Hi Everyone! I have a few questions:

If you use IP products in recipes for your dinner (i.e., the raspberry jelly in salad dressing) do you count that as an extra pack, skip an evening pack or does it not really matter that much?

For those of you using Spry gum, where did you find it? Can't seem to find it.

Has anyone noticed any significant changes in losses if you use cooked onions? I really need some flavor!

I really want to try Wii Fit but heard that it announces your weight out loud - is that true? I really don't want that broadcast around, if you know what I mean!

Whew! I think that's it for questions for now....

Congratulations to everyone on sticking it out and letting this program do its magic. It really is not difficult at all and I'm loving the results. 6 lbs. the first week and 4 the second. It doesn't really consume my life quite so much now that I've got the hang of the schedule and the preparations. Again, I love reading all your successes and even the failures. Thanks for taking the time to keep us all updated.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:06 PM   #649  

S/C/G: 221/201/160

I am in my 2nd week of the IP diet and wondered if anyone has noticed anything different about their menstrual cycles since starting this diet?
Old 02-27-2010, 10:22 PM   #650  

S/C/G: 136/119.5/120

Smile

Hi, I'm doing Ideal to Go as I have no clinic I'm aware of in my area. I'm not looking to lose as much weight as others on the forum, but I've been researching the plan and it seems like a great "diet". To give a little background on myself, I'm a former college athlete, used to working out 2-3 hours a day. I graduated 5 years ago, and since then, have not worked out anywhere near as much, and put on more weight than I care to say. I believe my body has completely gotten out of sink, my metabolism reset itself since I was in school and overall, being healthy is much harder than it was when I could eat anything and count on swim team to burn it all off.

I've been really motivated by reading this forum, and just placed my first order. I work in the medical sales industry, selling alternative medicine, and heard about IP at a medical conference. The IP booth was right next to mine, and I spent the conference talking to doctors, the IP coaches, and listening to the IP coaches talk to doctors. Needless to say, I was very impressed by everything.

I'm looking to lose about 15lbs total, mostly fat as that's what I've seemed to have gained over the past 5 years. As I'm doing Ideal to go, I really only have my coach, so far away, and this forum to help keep me motivated. Let's just say I've already spent 2 hours on it and it's helped me make my initial food choices for purchase. I'm really looking forward to the sharing and motivation I hope to find here, and seeing how IP will help anyone looking to find a healthy way to lose weight and resume a healthy lifestyle!!!

By the way, I'm in eastern PA, originally from NJ.
Old 02-27-2010, 11:11 PM   #651  
1/5/11

S/C/G: 164/127/115

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by libbyshims View Post
Hi Bev-
I wear the same thing every weigh in just so I know that I am getting the same results...yup. I am that anal. I started a workout this week and it is pretty hardcore so that may have something to do with it. My hubby thinks it is my body (not used to working out (it has been 6 months at least) in addition to the limited amount of calories) hanging on to every last thing. I am trying to let it go, but it has been a hard afternoon. I know I am going to be fine tomorrow. I am not giving up and will keep working hard and I know I will eventually see the results I want.

I actually contemplated ordering a pizza earlier, but thankfully, I didn't!!! LOL!!!

Thanks for the encouragement!!!
Your posts sound so much like mine this weekend on the alternate forum it makes me laugh! It's very difficult for me to use not losing much in a week or thinking that I gained to cheat esp. with pizza! Way to be strong and resist. The pizza isn't worth it (trust me, I know, I cheated.) HA
Old 02-28-2010, 05:34 AM   #652  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birman View Post
Novak, Wyo Sky, and Lilita, thank you for some superb posts!
Aw, shucks...

Hey, Birman - I'm glad you showed up. I'm sitting here with a can of Worthington burger, which I can't wait to try once I figure out what to do with it. I normally only eat fish and seafood, so I need to learn ways to use "burger" besides constructing the standard patty.

Anyway, I'm still slightly confused about how to count veggie meat alternatives on the diet. Are they protein? Are they veggies? Are they both? Are they whatever I want them to be?

I have tried to research online, but don't find any rules of the road for vegetarians (except on this site.) I know this subject has come up in the past, but I'm having trouble locating what I thought I read... Any help from you (or other veggie types) would be appreciated!
Old 02-28-2010, 05:45 AM   #653  
Maintenance since 6/5/10

S/C/G: 185/126/135

Default Breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Mom23 View Post
Hey gang, looking for a quick answer here. I hate the way my mouth feels (and I'm sure my breath smells the same way, bad). I know I can use Bianca breath spray, but can I also use Listerine breath strips? No calories, no sugar...the ingredients list sucralose and a bunch of other things I can't pronounce or spell.
Some of the IP literature suggests chewing cloves, though I've yet to hear from anyone who actually does that. I have this vision of cloves stuck decoratively between my teeth the way my mother gussied up the Easter ham when I was a kid...
Old 02-28-2010, 07:20 AM   #654  

S/C/G: 177/174.4/145

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherninalys View Post
I am in my 2nd week of the IP diet and wondered if anyone has noticed anything different about their menstrual cycles since starting this diet?
I'm with you on this one. I'm in my 2nd week also and my TOM showed up a week early. I think it's just because of the changes are bodies are going through! I've also noticed it's slowing down my weight loss, but my doctor said that was to be expected.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:34 AM   #655  
Started Ip on 12/19/09

S/C/G: 189/148/130

Sherninalys -
Our bodies store estrogen in belly fat. As your body burns fat on this diet, I think the estrogen must be released into our systems, so we must have more estrogen than normal. This may account for the changes.
I did some reading on this after I had a hysterectomy. I have noticed a big difference in the number of hot flashes I have.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:38 AM   #656  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Sherninalys:
Well, this is fairly strange I think as no one else seems to have reported this, but on the second week of IP I got my TOM. It was the wrong week for it too. I'm on Nuvaring and using it in a non-standard way for pain management (chronic back pain due to scoliosis) - I use it for 4 weeks on, no break. I had that TOM for 7 days. The next week I felt normal again. In the 3rd week of IP I got my period AGAIN! The problem is, it is still going. I'm on Day 16 of that period. !!! I called my OBGYN on day 5 and she said I need to start using the Nuvaring 3 weeks on, 1 week off. That week off will be next week so hopefully it will go back to normal. I'm still going to call the OBGYN again on Monday since I know this is not normal and it's very unreasonable.

I also just got a SpineCor brace for my scoliosis on Feb 18 and my nervous system is messed up from that too. Not sure if that affects the monthly cycle.

My clinic told me that your cycle tries to normalize during the diet. One of the girls who works there got her TOM a bit late and was freaking out about it until it happened. Another girl there said her cycle changed times of month and is now only 4 days long, which is shorter than it was before.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #657  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Ladies, please go back through older posts. You'll find everything you want to know about this diet and your menstrual cycle. You'll find out a lot of answers to all the questions you have. My period is heavier and comes early on this diet. Normal since like Eastcoastmama said your body stores estrogen in fat, so you are releasing it while using the fat during ketosis.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:06 AM   #658  

S/C/G: 175/160.2/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksb001 View Post
Hi Everyone! I have a few questions:

If you use IP products in recipes for your dinner (i.e., the raspberry jelly in salad dressing) do you count that as an extra pack, skip an evening pack or does it not really matter that much?

For those of you using Spry gum, where did you find it? Can't seem to find it.

Has anyone noticed any significant changes in losses if you use cooked onions? I really need some flavor!

I really want to try Wii Fit but heard that it announces your weight out loud - is that true? I really don't want that broadcast around, if you know what I mean!

Whew! I think that's it for questions for now....

Congratulations to everyone on sticking it out and letting this program do its magic. It really is not difficult at all and I'm loving the results. 6 lbs. the first week and 4 the second. It doesn't really consume my life quite so much now that I've got the hang of the schedule and the preparations. Again, I love reading all your successes and even the failures. Thanks for taking the time to keep us all updated.
KSB, any packet you use is counted as one packet. If you use an extra packet to cook with, yep, that is counted as an extra packet.

Spry gum is sold at the Vitamin Shoppe. You can buy it online.

I cook my onions. But, being vegetarian and using meat substitutes I lose a bit slower than others anyway. Cooking onions releases sugars in it or something like that.

Can't help you with the Wii Fit. Don't have one yet. When I reach 150 that is my reward.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #659  

Default Eating Out

Just wanted to report a failure while eating out. So many are having good experiences....this is mine:

I had a date with the kids for dinner and a movie. They have been begging for some Mexican food and I have not been taking them because I know I am weak. BUT, I decided to treat them and be strong. The local place we like to go had ONE thing on their menu for me and I had planned to bring some extra veggies.

Well, we were late leaving (one child threw a fit over I don't know what) and we couldn't get to that place. The choices left were limited because we still had to get to the movie on time. Pizza place, regular fast food joints, or the Chinese Buffett. So we choose the Buffett. We had been to this place before (before IP, long before) and it is fairly large with a "vegetarian and diet" section. I figured I could at least find something. Which I did...lots of somethings!!! I stayed in that one section, but everything was soaked in sauce or covered in cheese. It was sort of a walking disaster for me. I stuck with the chicken and broccoli, with too much sauce. And the mushrooms, again, in too much sauce. I did also have some Hot and Sour Soup. Victory that I didn't just give in and go for all the other delish delights, but what a trainwreck of a decision.

I noticed after I was done eating (and really enjoying every bit although I knew it was not right) that I felt so full. Have you all noticed that IP doesn't give that feeling....satisfied, but not full? I have been on IP nearly 2 months and not once after a meal have I had this full feeling. I forgot how much I disliked it. Then it got me to looking at all of the other people in the restaurant enjoying the dinner: all overweight. Not one thin person in the place. Except the people working there. Hmmm.

So, word to the wise, perhaps Buffetts are not meant for us Keep up the good work to all of you planning where and what you are going to eat!

My victory in all of this: the movie popcorn had ZERO effect on me. I just kept thinking about the post early with the kids dirty hands all over it. No problem resisting then!!!!

I came home and got right back on plan with my night snack. Today is going to be a wonderful "on-plan" day even though we are going to have to eat out today too because of our plans. I know I can do it!!!!

Good luck...avoid the Buffetts!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:46 AM   #660  

Oh yeah....the Wii Fit.... we got one at Christmas. I don't know if this is the "new version"...just what was available then.

It DOES NOT announce your weight in voice. It shows it on the screen if you want, but it doesn't do it unless you request. It weighs you every session though so if you didn't want to see it, you don't. It will do it on the fitness test and announce your Wii Fit Age. And it will tell you if you are at risk for being overweight, overweight, or obese and announce that and then will make your Mii bigger depending on what your weight is, but the actual number is private, unless you go to the part and then it is just showing the number and some graphs. I find it hilarious to watch the Mii get more plump. At first I was embarrassed that it went straight to the stop and said "That's obese", but its not a secret to anyone else looking at me.

Wii Fit is fun! If you are nervous, try it out a couple times at home alone.
Closed Thread