IP start 1/11/2010

S/C/G: 226.6/176/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystical Mamma View Post
Woo Hoo!!!!
That is fan-freakin-tastic!

Keep up the good fight!

Has anyone else noticed that the closer you get to a mini-goal or landmark or something the slower it seems to come off? I think I psych myself out and get too stressed and it take days to hit those goals! My coach actually told me this week to STOP weighing myself daily. He said I'm putting too much pressure on myself and I need to focus on the numbers at my weigh ins. This was super hard to do, but I successfully haven't weighed myself in two whole days!!!!!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:13 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 160/158/138

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Hi Cinnamon Sprinkles! Welcome to 3FC!!

In regards to types of food I can eat being both gluten and lactose sensitive..... In the beginning it was trial and error, but then thankfully I stumbled upon a great resource posted by Ogdog in the IP FAQ section This great resource outlines all of the nutritional facts for the food and helped me tremendously in choosing foods that would not impact me negatively.

I have finally found the foods that work best for me and being such a creature of habit, I haven't really explored any further. (usually when I begin experimenting, it causes a BIG upset - so is not worth it!!)

Here is a breakdown of my every day IP Plan:

Breakfast: Cappuccino,chocolate drink or the puddings (made into a drink)
Lunch: (plain) soy nuts, jello or chocolate pudding, large salad (I include baby spinach as a lettuce) with 2 c veggies (usually celery, radish and cucumber)
Snack: jello, chocolate pudding or cran/pom drink
Supper: 5 oz lean meat with salad (include baby spinach as a lettuce) and 1 cup steamed veggies (usually brocolli and celery) and salad with remaining veggies

Be careful though because even though some products will say they are gluten free, they are not lactose free. I tried the pink lemonade and was very sick. Did not realize that it was not lactose free. Same as the nuts. They themselves are gluten and lactose free, but the seasoning they put on them is not. Again, found this out the hard way! lol!
Mystical Mamma - thanks so much for the welcome and for sharing your eating plan. It's interesting that you can tolerate the puddings and cappucino drink. Cappucino has milk protein concentrate and whey protein and the chocolate pudding (which I love!) has milk protein concentrate. This is good news- maybe I'll have him try them to see if his stomach is ok with them too!

He has asked at our chiropractor and they need to get some info from the coach, but they said there is a special lactose intolerant IP protocol that he can follow. I'll update you on what they say.

I checked all the ingredients of all the IP packets for milk and whey and found that the only packets without milk/whey are:
Blueberry, Cran, Pom drink, Raspberry Jelly, Leek Soup, Chicken Soup
Restricted:
Vegetable Chili, Hearty Stew, Spaghetti Bolognese, Choco-Raspberry Bars

I'm a creature of habit too and I don't mind eating the same things everyday just because I like them! Our coach told us we must have the protein packet before bed so our bodies don't burn muscle in the night. I'd rather have an afternoon snack, but oh well. Everyone's coaches are different, so I'll just follow what mine says.

Congratulations to everyone on your losses! Keep up the good work!
Old 02-20-2010, 07:41 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 170/143/130

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Awww thanks BlueMermaid!! I find it really helps me stay motivated to be active on this forum and to update my blog.

My husband knew I started the diet because I started the diet on Monday the 18th of January and he left on Wednesday the 20th of January, but I have not said a word to him about it since. I'm sure he's forgotten, or afraid to bring it up thinking it didn't work out for me. I can't wait for him to come home!! He comes home this Wednesday and I really hope he notices!!
Hi Jordanna-I just read your blog and am so encouraged!!! My husband and I moved from Calgary to Houston almost 2 years ago. He used to work the patch too. I remember those weeks without him and how hard it was for me to eat right--most nights I would have a bag of popcorn and other junk. I am so proud of you and I can't wait to hear what he says when he sees you. Your pictures look great!!! Congrats!!!
Old 02-20-2010, 08:11 PM   #64  
IP Start Date 11/18/2009

S/C/G: 191/145/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Walden Farms

I found the caramel sauce - today added it to coffee - has a sweet mocha taste - kinda of a nice treat. The applebutter is ok - just can't think of anything to put it on til Im at stage 3.

Traveled a bunch this week, had a wonderful supper at the Cheesecake Factory - stayed on task for the most part. Grilled fish/asparagus and brocolli. Did a small splurge of sharing a piece of low carb cheesecake that was sweetened with sorbitol (skipped the crust - even though it was made of walnuts). I finally figured the oil part out while traveling, instead of carrying my grapeseed oil around I just ask for a little olive oil.

I actually noticed when I drink extra water I feel even better - so am concentrating on that more. Thrilled to see everyones success...one day at a time.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:27 PM   #65  

Default Mashed cauliflower recipe?

Does anyone have a recipe for mashed cauliflower in place of mashed potatoes? I am on page 15 of the recipes and have not run across it yet?
Old 02-20-2010, 10:47 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 161/150.5/130

Height: 5 ft 4 in

Thanks everyone for all the encouragement put out there on this website! It is so helpful!! I can't wait till Tuesday when I can say that Week One is done! Have a nice evening!!
Old 02-20-2010, 10:55 PM   #67  

How much weight have you lost on IP so far?

24 pounds as of last weigh in

What do you do to keep yourself motivated?

I keep trying on old clothes that used to fit. I am now comfortably in ALL of those clothes again!!! I am motivated by being able to shop in the "regular" section of the stores again (the selection is sooo much better). The quicker I can get there, the more exciting and enjoyable clothes shopping will be

Another motivating factor: I am just ready to kick this food addiction in the butt and gain control of it once and for all. I want to be healthy inside and out.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:01 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 255/196/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi all,

been catching up as my week has kept me away from the computer!

Someone asked about the recipe for mashed cauliflower 'potatoes'. I've been doing these for years, I measure 2 cups of cauliflower, cover with saran wrap and microwave for 7 minutes. Then I just mash them! I add about 1/2 tsp of oilve oil and seasonings. Just wonderful!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:38 AM   #69  
Kris M

S/C/G: 254/185/135

Height: 5'6

Quote:
It's interesting that you can tolerate the puddings and cappucino drink. Cappucino has milk protein concentrate and whey protein and the chocolate pudding (which I love!) has milk protein concentrate. This is good news- maybe I'll have him try them to see if his stomach is ok with them too!

He has asked at our chiropractor and they need to get some info from the coach, but they said there is a special lactose intolerant IP protocol that he can follow. I'll update you on what they say.

I find lactose intolerance to be such a strange thing. It is weird because I LOVE cheese and even though it is made of milk, I refused to quit eating it (prior to IP of course) and it never bothered me (okay - maybe it did - just a little bit - but I loved it so much I was willing to put up with the side effects! lol!)

However, if I ate cream cheese, sour cream, yogurt or ice cream - YIKES!!! would I pay the price! Same as drinking milk. Big no no.

I have the puddings and cappuccino drinks daily, but do not make them as directed. I double the water and then add then to my coffee so they are not so concentrated. They still impact me - but it is tolerable and managable. With any of the other products, I would have a severe "reaction"
within 5-10 minutes.

I have a very sensitive level of lactose intolerance, but have learned how to work around it. Your boyfriend will likely have to use trial and error to see what products he can tolerate and which will set off a bad reaction. For me the chili was the worst for setting off a reaction. However, my reactions could also be due to having gluten intolerance as well and therefore I get a double whammy with some of the products.....

I am interested to hear more about the lactose intolerant protocol that his coach spoke of. Please share when you find out more!

Last edited by Mystical Mamma; 02-21-2010 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:40 AM   #70  
Kris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryannb View Post
Hi all,

been catching up as my week has kept me away from the computer!

Someone asked about the recipe for mashed cauliflower 'potatoes'. I've been doing these for years, I measure 2 cups of cauliflower, cover with saran wrap and microwave for 7 minutes. Then I just mash them! I add about 1/2 tsp of oilve oil and seasonings. Just wonderful!
Nice to see you back! The cauliflower sounds interesting! I have never been a fan of this veggie when cooked, but am going to give it a try tonight! Thanks for the recipe!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #71  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagnomore View Post
I found the caramel sauce - today added it to coffee - has a sweet mocha taste - kinda of a nice treat. The applebutter is ok - just can't think of anything to put it on til Im at stage 3.

Traveled a bunch this week, had a wonderful supper at the Cheesecake Factory - stayed on task for the most part. Grilled fish/asparagus and brocolli. Did a small splurge of sharing a piece of low carb cheesecake that was sweetened with sorbitol (skipped the crust - even though it was made of walnuts). I finally figured the oil part out while traveling, instead of carrying my grapeseed oil around I just ask for a little olive oil.

I actually noticed when I drink extra water I feel even better - so am concentrating on that more. Thrilled to see everyones success...one day at a time.
maybe the applebutter on an ip pancake? I used to love jam on pancakes before I started IP...

I feel the same about the water. I make sure in the afternoon (before supper 4:00 ish) when I get that hunger/lull, I reach for a bottle of water with some Crystal Light. I find in most cases, I was just thirsty and it gets me through until dinner.
Great job on the Cheesecake Factory! I love hearing about restaurants where it is easy to stick to the program.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:47 AM   #72  
Kris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by committed1 View Post
How much weight have you lost on IP so far?

What do you do to keep yourself motivated?
Great idea Committed!

I have lost 27.5 lbs on the plan since January 2/10!

My motivation is how great I am feeling about myself, how loose my clothes are fitting and the knowledge that I am getting healthier with each and every day that goes by! I feel stronger, fitter and have more energy then I did a week ago!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #73  

Happy Sunday All!!

Question:

Where is your favorite place to eat and what do you order to keep you on track with IP????

I usually eat lunch with friends about 3x a week, would love suggesstions....
Old 02-21-2010, 09:50 AM   #74  
Kris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritiki19 View Post
I found that www.netrition.com sells WF products for $3-4 each with a flat $4.95 shipping.
thanks for the info! I have been checking out the website and can't wait to place an order!
Old 02-21-2010, 09:55 AM   #75  
Kris M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Thanks Eastcoastmama! I think I would just be devastated if he doesn't notice so I'm really hoping it's enough to keep me going. I've been really really strict with myself, trying to stay below 25 - 30 carbs a day and I've had the sour cream & onion soy puffs once and that's the only restricted item I've had in 5 weeks!
After seeing your pics on your website, I can guarantee that your hubby will notice! Great job!!!!
Closed Thread