General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2001, 02:59 PM   #16  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default SF Website

I just joined the SF website. Their goal weight for me was high too..they though I, at 5'4 should get down to 184, but I think their goal was mostly for a more healthy weight, not necessarily a life goal weight.

I had checked out ediets.com and in the end I thought it was free but I found out you had to pay for it..the SF website basically does the same thing, but it's free, and I'm really glad. I like the little charts too...it makes my weight loss goal look so realistic..I wanted to get down to 155 by December, and they think I should be able to do it by September if I follow their plan, so I know my goal is attainable.
Old 03-30-2001, 12:24 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 170/154/120

Height: 5'3"

Default Hi there...

Girlie,
I am registered at SF too. Their goal weight for me was too high to but I think they just start with getting the 1st 10% weightloss off. Then you can change the goal to what you want. I love it there. I have been there for about 1 1/2 yrs.

eDiets got me too. It sounded sooo good, you take all that time reading about it, signing up and then you realize that you have to pay. Why pay when you can get something similar for free?

Take care...2gether we will WIN our weightloss journey...
Old 03-30-2001, 06:46 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 344/279.1/???

Height: 5'6"

Default canned slimfast

I just tried my first can of slimfast pre-mixed. I don't think I care for it too much (I tried the strawberries and cream.) To me it tastes like canned baby formula. (I had to drink it once in my adult life for a stomach bug I got and it's not a taste you forget.)

Are there any other flavors that have a different taste?
I usually buy the powder and mix it up, but these were on sale for $4.

Thanks in advance.

Dawnyal
Old 03-30-2001, 09:11 AM   #19  

Default slimfast cans

I also don't like the slimfast juices- i do like the cappucino delight and the milk chocolate.
Old 03-30-2001, 01:57 PM   #20  
Simply Noble

S/C/G: 320/258/175

Height: 5'4"

I love the strawberry flavor as well as all the chocolate, vanilla and cappachino. I don't care for the fruit flavors. they taste good till the end then they have a funny(not bad) taste that just does not belong in fruit juice. Some of the Harvest variety Power bars are not to sweet. they are more like a granola but a little different. I started back on slimfast this week because it is cheaper at Wal mart than my usual. I have had a terrible time with my appetite the last two weeks. A friend thought maby my body is lacking something and once I figgure out what it is and eat it I'll quit eating everything in sight. I sure hope I get back under control soon. I have not regained much weight but that can't continue. Could be depression too as this weekend was the anniversary of John's death.
On the positive side I did excersis more this week. Tues I did 12 minnuts of richard Simmons Dance youre pants off, theyre still on! And yesterday I did 10 minnuts of the ab machine. I wanted to do 15 but I was so sore I had to cut it to 10.
I'm glad so many are trying my large meal at lunch idea. I know it is harder for those who work during the day. I used to do the leftover thing for my husband and it seemed to work ok for him. I work in the evenings so I don't have too much troubble with that. Pluss I work at a resturaunt so I could just order something If I had to. I hope all of you have success with it.
Thanks Babygirl for starting the new thread, I know I suggested it but I kept forgetting to do it.
Never give up
Old 03-30-2001, 02:40 PM   #21  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default Barbygirl

My favorite is the Chocolate Royale because it's so dark and rich. But I hardly ever have a shake..I always use the meal replacement bars...my fav is the chocolate chip cookie dough! It's like eating a candy bar...just drink a lot of water (at least 8 oz) after it and you'll feel quite satisfied....
Old 03-30-2001, 11:43 PM   #22  

I'm going to try the cappuccino in the morning and see how it tastes...I could've just gotten a bad can or I didn't get it cold enough.

cowgirl--> I know what you mean about being doubly hungry. I've been the same way for the past week. I've been lucky though and not given in to any of the temptations. I don't think my meal of the day has been too balanced (I've just been finding low-fat meals with out side-dishes) So that's what I'm going to be working on for this week.

Girlie --> I like the meal replacement bars too. I find that when I eat them for dinner though, I usually start getting really, really hungry within 2 hours, so I enjoy having the shakes for dinner.

Good luck to everyone this weekend and upcoming week.
Dawnyal
Old 03-31-2001, 11:55 PM   #23  

Default SF Cans...

I prefer the milk chocolate also. It is the only kind of SF that I have ever tried other than Chocolate Royale. I stopped buying the powder a long time ago cause I always ran out of milk when I needed it for the SF. Also cause the cans are just more convenient and to me the choco. tastes like chocolate milk.

I hope you find one that is right for you...bye for now Sherrie
Old 04-01-2001, 09:40 AM   #24  
hot mom wanna be!

Default Yipee!!

Good Morning everyone!
I am happy to say I lost 2.2 pounds since my last weigh in so now I am officially 20 pounds down!!
Yeah!!
Thanks Barbygirl for the supportive words! I know maintaining is much better than gaining, huh??

As far as SF in the can goes, I don't really care for it. I like the blender shakes MUCH better. And I love the meal replacement bars too.

Hope everyone has great weigh-ins to report as well, Happy Sunday!

Lorelei
(313/292.8/282=10% goal)
Old 04-01-2001, 11:34 AM   #25  

Lorelei---> congrats on the weigh-in...

I'm down 4 pounds this week, but I gained in inches....lots of them (It's my TOM so I know I'm retaining water, so I'm not too upset over it.) It will just look that much better in 2 weeks when I take my inches measurement again.

I tried the cappuccino can this morning and I like it a lot better than the strawberry, so I think I may have gotten a bad can or didnt' get it cold enough, so I'm going to try another can of the strawberry in the morning and see what I think about it.

Good luck to everyone this week.

Dawnyal
Old 04-01-2001, 06:26 PM   #26  

Default Weightloss...

Congrats to all that have lost weight! My weigh-in is usually mon. am but I think I will fore-go it this week because I have been bad this weekend. Not food wise but CHEERS wise. Know what I mean??? I had too many cheers and not enuf exercise I have kinda slacked on the weekends...but I will be better, I promise Keep up the great work girls and I will see you tommorow...
Old 04-01-2001, 10:53 PM   #27  

Default honey peanut slim-fast bars

My g/f left one of these at my apartment and I was starving one day, so I figured what the heck. These things are DELICIOUS. They're a little chewy, but they taste exactly like a peanut butter cup to me.

Anyways, I've been struggling with a few extra pounds for a while and these things are definately curbing my appetite. I track my weight on www.everydaytrend.com and I'm slowly approaching my goal.

Good luck to everyone!
Old 04-01-2001, 11:12 PM   #28  

Welcome aboard ataraxia!!!

I just bought a box of those and am looking forward to trying one tomorrow.

Dawnyal
Old 04-01-2001, 11:42 PM   #29  

BABYGIRL43,
NOW I KNOW YOU CANT BE 43 CAUSE YOU LOOK SOOO YOUNG IN YOUR PICTURE.YOU ARE DONIG A GREAT JOB! KEEP UP THE GREAT WORKI WILL SEE YA TOMMOROW...
Old 04-01-2001, 11:44 PM   #30  

Default REUNION...JULY 2002?

ANYONE UP FOR ONE??? IN VIRGINIA BEACH? WHAT A VACATION AND A CELEBRATION??? THINK ABOUT IT AND LET ME KNOW...
Closed Thread