General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:55 AM   #211  

guys i just want to eat all the time! what is wrong with me
johnkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 12:08 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hi ladies. I am so glad to see you posting here and keeping the thread going. I am still following IE to a point in an effort to correct poor eating habits. I now only eat when hungry and pay attention to satiety. In the past I ate anytime someone else was eating, and ate until I was stuffed. I do have to follow some "food rules" due to my diabetes. Certain foods spike my blood sugar and that can be life threatening. I don't count anything, but check my blood sugar several times a day. I wish I could say I don't care about weight loss, but with diabetes and heart disease, this has to be a concern. I believe the whole idea of IF is to change binge eating behavior. I have changed many bad eating habits that led to my weight gain and health issues and am forming new ones that have me feeling much better, physically and emotionally.

I don't worry about what other people think of my weight. I have good grooming and I wear nice clothes. I am happy with the way I look. No one ever comments to me about it, so I don't really know how they feel about it. I'm happy the way I am.

The best to all of you.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 05:18 PM   #213  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default Happy New Year!

Was wondering how all of you are doing with IE? I am good, not good, good, not good, stop and repeat! I am going to the library to drop off diet books. I had a couple of weeks of weak moments and the lure of Woman's World with their promise of the easy and fast weight loss headlines. Those are now in the trash. Will I ever learn? I am going to re-read the Overfed head.
TamTam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 11:43 AM   #214  

I haven't been on here in over a year. For some reason I started getting advertising messages from 3 Fat Chicks so I decided to drop in and see who is posting and what is going on.

I did try some intermittent fasting and had some success, but you know how it goes. Up and down.

But on June 24, 2018 my life was turned upside down. Forever.

On that date I lost my beautiful, sweet, loving daughter at the age of 38. She died of complications of viral pneumonia. It was sudden, unexpected, and horrific. The death of a child is like no other; it is so out of the natural order of things.

Now it is the beginning of 2019, and both my husband and I are beginning to come out of the fog. He has gained quite a bit of weight since Sarah's death; I'm about the same I've been for the last several years. I told him that I felt like the best thing for us to do is to simply try and eat healthy; cut out the processed foods and cook everything ourselves from scratch. We shall see how that goes.

Wishing all of you a blessed New Year!
SouthernMaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 09:25 AM   #215  

Southern Mavin I am so glad to see you back but broken hearted to hear of the death of your daughter. It is so scary that that can happen in this day and age. May she rest in peace.

I really got into IF during my DH's recent hospital stay. No cooking dinner with him not here. I lost about 12 lbs. I'm holding that loss with him back home but not doing as well with IF and not losing any more. I don't want to go back to longer eating windows.

I hope this thread comes back to life. Its a plan that works well for me and many others.
Old 01-05-2019, 09:34 AM   #216  

Hi Tam Tam. Good to see you too. I too fall into the lure of promises of weight loss that don't deliver. I need to stick with what has worked in the past instead of following what worked for someone else. Even if I don't do IF every day I believe it helps a couple days a week. Lets make 2019 our year for success!

I have never read The Overfed Head. I need to get it.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 01-05-2019 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-06-2019, 08:38 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 226/226/210

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamTam View Post
Was wondering how all of you are doing with IE? I am good, not good, good, not good, stop and repeat! I am going to the library to drop off diet books. I had a couple of weeks of weak moments and the lure of Woman's World with their promise of the easy and fast weight loss headlines. Those are now in the trash. Will I ever learn? I am going to re-read the Overfed head.

I need to reread TOFH again, myself. I also get tempted to go back to calorie counting. But I'm determined that in 2019 I am NOT dieting, no matter how tempted I may be.

I have low thyroid and thankfully have a new doctor that I hope can help me with this light-headedness (sometimes feel like I could topple over) and lethargic feeling. The tiredness leaves me constantly thinking that if I "eat a little something" I'll feel better. Never happens, but I fall for it every time. I had a blood-work done on Wednesday, and have a follow-up tomorrow afternoon. I hope he'll tell me there is help for how I've been feeling.

My evening and weekend eating are so out of control. I hope if I can get help and simply feel more energetic that I'll have more control with the eating.
Liz46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 01:48 PM   #218  

Hi Liz! Its amazing how our bodies try to fool us into thinking that all we need is more food...food that caused the problem in the first place. I hope the blood work leads the doc to a solution.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:28 PM   #219  

S/C/G: 226/226/210

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Hi Liz! Its amazing how our bodies try to fool us into thinking that all we need is more food...food that caused the problem in the first place. I hope the blood work leads the doc to a solution.
Thank you, Carol. I ate totally out of control again today. I know what to do (or not to do). It's just a matter of doing/not doing it!

I'll update later if I get over this tiredness whether it helps with self-control. That's my prayer.

Thank you again for the reply.
Liz46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:55 AM   #220  

Quote:
Southern Mavin I am so glad to see you back but broken hearted to hear of the death of your daughter. It is so scary that that can happen in this day and age. May she rest in peace.
Thank you, Carol. I appreciate your kindness.

Old 01-08-2019, 10:50 AM   #221  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz46 View Post
Thank you, Carol. I ate totally out of control again today. I know what to do (or not to do). It's just a matter of doing/not doing it!

I'll update later if I get over this tiredness whether it helps with self-control. That's my prayer.

Thank you again for the reply.
Liz, I've been a little out of control lately, too and need to get back to the IE principals...mainly eating only when hungry, and not because others are eating. (DH)
Old 01-16-2019, 02:57 PM   #222  
I am more than weight.

Default I am so sorry for your loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernMaven View Post
I haven't been on here in over a year. For some reason I started getting advertising messages from 3 Fat Chicks so I decided to drop in and see who is posting and what is going on.

I did try some intermittent fasting and had some success, but you know how it goes. Up and down.

But on June 24, 2018 my life was turned upside down. Forever.

On that date I lost my beautiful, sweet, loving daughter at the age of 38. She died of complications of viral pneumonia. It was sudden, unexpected, and horrific. The death of a child is like no other; it is so out of the natural order of things.

Now it is the beginning of 2019, and both my husband and I are beginning to come out of the fog. He has gained quite a bit of weight since Sarah's death; I'm about the same I've been for the last several years. I told him that I felt like the best thing for us to do is to simply try and eat healthy; cut out the processed foods and cook everything ourselves from scratch. We shall see how that goes.

Wishing all of you a blessed New Year!
Oh my honey I am so so very sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine your sorrow. Please know of my prayers for you and your family.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:59 PM   #223  
I am more than weight.

Default Best book on IE

Quote:
Hi Tam Tam. Good to see you too. I too fall into the lure of promises of weight loss that don't deliver. I need to stick with what has worked in the past instead of following what worked for someone else. Even if I don't do IF every day I believe it helps a couple days a week. Lets make 2019 our year for success!

I have never read The Overfed Head. I need to get it.
In my opinion the Overfed Head is the best book on IE. It is simply written, easy to read, it can be read in one day and makes more sense than any other IE book I have read. It is not longer in print, sadly, but I got a used on one Amazon.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:04 AM   #224  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamTam View Post
Oh my honey I am so so very sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine your sorrow. Please know of my prayers for you and your family.
Thank you so much, TamTam. I apologize for the delay in acknowledging your post; have been pretty busy over the last few days and haven't thought to check in here. I do appreciate the prayers; they are what have gotten us all though this nightmare.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:08 AM   #225  

My husband and I are doing pretty well on our attempts to stick to whole foods; I am trying to eat only one meal a day but I'm not being super-rigid about that. If I get truly famished before supper I will eat a piece of fruit. So I guess you could say I'm doing both OMAD and intuitive eating. One habit I have managed to break is that evening snacking while watching TV. It's the only time I watch TV and had fallen into the bad trap of snacking.

Hope all are doing well this weekend.