General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2001, 08:50 PM   #16  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

A good day.
Breakfast: Bagel w/ 1 tsp. butter, 1 tsp. jam
Midmorning: Clif Bar
Lunch: Salad w/ 1 oz roasted chicken, lots of veggies
Mid Afternoon: Bowl of cantaloupe w/ yogurt & almonds
Supper: Black Bean Chiliquile
Bedtime Snack: Bag low fat popcorn
In looking over the diet guidlines I should have had more dairy. I had plenty of water and took my vitamins. The thought of posting what I ate kept me honest at midafternoon when I really wanted cereal instead of fruit. Carbs! 1 oz. of cheese and an orange would probably have been better than the popcorn.
D and I hiked about 2 1/2 miles and did upper body strength training w/ dumbells.

Shebacat at 117 you are a tiny thing, please tell me you are short! A book I read about 10 years ago was so influential to me as I had just divorced and felt I'd probably remain single. The title is Flying Solo: Single Women in Midlife by Anderson and Stewart. It was largely responsible for helping me decide to go to graduate school.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.
Old 03-17-2001, 10:01 PM   #17  
Ilene the Bean

Way to go Ledom, you did very well today....Food wise.....Hicking 2 & 1/2 miles? wow....and weight training....
I do love to weight train, makes you feel really strong after a good workout...

It's almost 10PM here and I'm getting really hungry... and considering what I ate all day today, there's no way I will be eating before bed.... I do have a bottle of fresh water in front of me so that's a good thing...

Well nite girls....

See yas tomorrow..... It was really nice out today....it was above 32F because everything is melting....and it smelled like spring....

Lana......
Old 03-18-2001, 08:38 AM   #18  
Goddess

Default 'Mornin', Gals!

Watch out when you say you're never gonna get married (or married again). I said that, and danged if I didn't get proposed to.

Shebacat, my doc never said a thing about not being able to wear contacts. The FDA site says one may still need glasses or contacts after the surgery. Here's the address for you: www.fda.gov/cdrh/lasik

My hip is a little better, but not ready for strenous exercise yet. I'm going grocery shopping this morning and to the arts and crafts show this afternoon so I think that's about all I'll be able to do. Oh yeah, have to clean the house, too.

I'd like to post what I eat, also, even though I'm not following the PMD. But first I have to buy groceries so there's something to eat!

Okay, gotta get busy!

Donna
Old 03-18-2001, 10:09 AM   #19  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Goodmorning,

Best wishes on your thaw-out Lana. We are in the 50's and having a blustery week and I'm chomping at the bit because the last couple of weeks we've had warmer weather, just enough to tease us with. My new occupation has been locating good launching beaches for my kayak, yesterday I found a beauty very close to my home and I'm dying to try it out but it has to be at least 60 degrees out or I feel ridiculous (and a little nervous) about getting on the water.

About the evening hunger pangs, I am swearing by this low-cal hot chocolate. I had a cup last night after I posted. Today my M has invited us for Sunday dinner. This can be scary as Mother's house is a trigger place for over-indulging. I plan to exercise before I get there, going to do a video, and I am making Butternut Squash soup so I have something really low-cal for supper. Hope to eat what she serves in small portions.

Guess I'll grumble about the new board a little. Hoped I would get used to it, but it feels like big brother. More information than I ever wanted to know and all the gizmos slow my computer to a snails pace. This a.m. I have been doing chores while waiting for each page to download. I know it is my antiquated equipment and I STILL love you 3fc. AND my dishes are washed.

Have a good Sunday everyone.
Old 03-18-2001, 12:30 PM   #20  
Goddess

I'm back from the grocery store. Has anyone seen that ad for Harmony cereal, the one for women? If you haven't, it's low-fat with calcium, antioxidants, soy, iron, and folic acid, and is vanilla almond oat flavored. I bought a box and it's very good. I'm sitting here eating it straight out of the box. But why, oh why, do they have to sweeten it? A 1.25 cup serving is 200 cals and 13 grams of sugar. I'd like to save those calories and put my Splenda on it.

Donna
Old 03-18-2001, 12:45 PM   #21  
Ilene the Bean

Default Hi ya girls!!

Donna I think we are at the puter at the very same time....cause I read one entry on another thread and Ledom had written something as the last person on this thread....and then when I came back you had written something..... Do you have ICQ.... we could chat?

Anyways I'm having a good day.... I won't write just yet what I ate, I'll come back later and write the whole thing....Donna I have to agree why oh why do they put so much sugar in cereal??!! I have seen the commercial for the cereal you are talking about... it sounds delicious...

Well I will be back later....I too have to get some groceries.....I have to go back to work this week, after a wonderful Spring Break with the kids.....Back to the ole routine....But I have come to find out that when I work... I guess it's because of the stress, I gain.... when I am off I loose quite easily....well not THAT easily I guess....LOL

I have to go ....Son has to use the puter for a project again.....

Laters.....

Lana.....
Old 03-18-2001, 01:33 PM   #22  

Hi ladies,

Well, I'm working at my part-time job this whole weekend so I can be off
next weekend when I'm on call at my full time job. Not to mention I have
to work there on Saturday until 3:00 pm. I need some balance in my life.
I have to go to Boca Raton again next Sunday for 2 days of training. That
will definitely be a nice break. Thanks for the book Ledom....I'll have to
locate it to read. As far as my height, I'm 5'5".....but like most women,
would love to be taller. Lana, I know what you are going through too
since I am a stress eater. When I'm at work there are times that all I
think about is food. The minute I'm driving home, I'm not hungry at all.
Donna, thanks for the website. I'll check it out to see if it's feasible for
me to consider the surgery. Judi, hope you're having a good vacation.
Talk to ya'll later.
Old 03-18-2001, 05:34 PM   #23  
Goddess

Gosh shebacat, I hope you're small-boned. If you're not, I'm gonna have to envy you. I'm large-boned, 5'6" and I look good at 143.

When I was at the grocery store I picked up the March 19th issue of US. The cover story is Losing Weight, how Hollywood stays fit, diets, and sometimes goes to far... It makes me thankful for my ordinary life where my income doesn't rely on what I weigh. Drew Barrymore, who's so cute with her curves, has never been larger than a size 8. It's an interesting article.

Lana, no I don't have ICQ...

There wasn't that much to see at the arts and crafts show. It consisted mostly of things made with old barn wood and barbed wire, silver jewelry, and bbq seasonings. I bought a crystal half-moon to hang from my rear view mirror, and some bbq seasonings. Now I'm off to grill some chicken.

Donna
Closed Thread